10+ Year Old Account

Soloing Spec for Demonology

So I realize that soloing for locks may be a little different than hunters and such, but I was thinking though two points in Improved Health Funnel + Felguard (or VW?) should do the trick. Fel Senergy already has points in it soo.. Haha. We already know about this one.

P.S. I'm trying to make a spec that can solo Stonecore Normal.
    Power?!?! I'll show you POWER!!!

Deleted
    I'd go with the felguard, there's always soulburn summon, if things get messy and you need the VW aoe taunt :P

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://wowtal.com/#k=AxUct-9b.ala.warlock.qt0c5r

Something like this, I imagine. Demon survivability coupled with Corruption based self healing.

Also, VW doesn't have the AoE taunt anymore. He has a high-threat ability and an actual single target taunt now. I miss it, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeezus View Post
    I'd go with the felguard, there's always soulburn summon, if things get messy and you need the VW aoe taunt :P
    Do you think the Improved Health Funnel would be worth specing in to?
    Power?!?! I'll show you POWER!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hksin11186 View Post

Also, VW doesn't have the AoE taunt anymore. He has a high-threat ability and an actual single target taunt now. I miss it, though.
    Ahh my bad.

Yeah I would go with improved health funnel, also the affliction talents rather than the destro ones as the left over points

Might have a go att his next week :P
    After tanking pretty much the whole of LK hc the other day (op affliction self heals with the 30% buff :P) it was very fun ^^

Deleted
    http://wowtal.com/#k=tb-WDjVi.ala.warlock.-mdLuK

I go with this for soloing most things, switching between the Felguard and Voidwalker for individual fights depending on which is most suited.

For bosses I find the best thing to do is go with the voidwalker then pop Metamorphosis+Immolation Aura with Demon Soul and all damage cooldowns you can - this will direct masses of threat to the voidwalker, also healing it loads at the same time. When your threat is over 95% use Soulshatter and by the time it gets high again you should be able to repeat the Meta+Demon Soul trick.

I would say that Improved Health Funnel is required.

Another good trick you can do is get yourself 2 pieces of Tier 5. The 2-set bonus heals your pet for 15% of your damage and it stacks with Fel Synergy giving you a total of 30%.