Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Rate me (be harsh)

eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/secsee/simple

Any hints tips to improve will be very much appreciated

10+ Year Old Account
    Replace them shoulderpads lol

Nah JK, I am baffled someone actually WANTS to improve... Haven't seen that in a while.

Deleted
    You have silly ears. Sorry.

On topic, i don't know what a shadow priest should do. Wish i had that sort of gear though.

Most obvious thing thats detected by the armory is legs and gloves are unenchanted. Also, you're missing two minor glyphs.

Well, all your glyphs are for healing... so do you want this to be a rating of your gear for healing?

Instead of glyph of power word shield, I'd recommend glyph of renew. You don't use shield that often as holy.

Your gear doesn't have enough spirit for either shadow or holy. I think 6 items have no spirit (legs have hit). You really want that for healing. For dps, you want to be around 1742 hit. For that, you're too low.

Just in case you're looking for a shadow critique, you should really be aiming for haste over mastery, whereas all your reforges are to mastery.

Somebody who plays a priest more will have more to comment.

You're ugly.

First, I don't know if this is an armory bug, but I'm seeing disc glyphs.

Reforge to haste instead of mastery and spirit, I can't imagine your sim saying otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom
    No. After the Cataclysm there will be an expansion for the zerg, and then an expansion for the protoss.

someone who likes it rough hey wouldnt hurt to get a little more haste....
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your weapon enchant is not for a Shadow Priest and the weapon itself is kinda subpar for dps.
    Are you trying to stack mastery?
    Adding bewbs to his Avatar since 2011

Thought haste>mastery>crit was the prio, and hit cap isn't even that importaint.

First off assuming your gearing for raids and for shadow.

Get hit cap! If your not at 17% then you need more hit.
    Gems are bad. Red=40 int yellow= 20int and 20 haste blue = 20int and 20 spirit

Only go for socket bonus IF it's worth it.
    eg Your chest piece socket bonus is worth gemming for (although you should have 20int/20haste for your yellow gem)
    The socket bonus in your boots are not worth gemming for get a 40 int in there.

Your helm and gloves are also not worth gemming for the socket bonus they should all be 40 ints

Your best stat is haste as shadow so every piece you get should have haste on it

you also need to enchant your stuff and get a really dps enchant on your weapon

Download reforgenator and run the shadow priest setting on it to reforge your gear this will put you at hit cap and max your stats for you.

In correct direction for holy if your going for shadow your doing it terribly wrong.

above poster isnt directly correct on hit 15% is decent enough and if you monitor your VT/DP misses the dps loss is negligible.

Haste is our best stat for shadow
    so if posible reforge completely for haste
    tthe best range for hit is about 16.50%
    so if a peice of gear has haste and crit,
    but no spirit reforge the crit
    for spirit gem mainly for int.

but haste is our best stat, im running
    27.80% haste and i just
    got rid of some because i felt like
    getting a little boost for my crit.

-fuds

Quote Originally Posted by Taedas View Post
    First off assuming your gearing for raids and for shadow.

Get hit cap! If your not at 17% then you need more hit.
    Gems are bad. Red=40 int yellow= 20int and 20 haste blue = 20int and 20 spirit

Only go for socket bonus IF it's worth it.
    eg Your chest piece socket bonus is worth gemming for (although you should have 20int/20haste for your yellow gem)
    The socket bonus in your boots are not worth gemming for get a 40 int in there.

Your helm and gloves are also not worth gemming for the socket bonus they should all be 40 ints

Your best stat is haste as shadow so every piece you get should have haste on it

you also need to enchant your stuff and get a really dps enchant on your weapon

Download reforgenator and run the shadow priest setting on it to reforge your gear this will put you at hit cap and max your stats for you.
    Reaching the hit cap is more about personal preference, as someone already stated you won't take hit cap if you want to reach your theoretical maximum dps. Depending on player skill it might be a good idea though.

Also, unless he has changed his head after your post, 30 mastery socket bonus is certainly worth a yellow gem, what kind of stat weights are you looking at?

Other than that it's pretty much what others have said already, never gem for anything other than Intellect unless the socket bonus is worth it, your next best stat is haste so that's something you want to be stacking from secondary stats. Get your gear enchanted and reforged, glyphs fixed and switch phantasm to veiled shadows for max dps, those are the first things that came to my mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    someone who likes it rough hey wouldnt hurt to get a little more haste....
    Haha good one

Biggest thing: You cannot use the same gear for shadow and holy. I'm coming from the shadow perspective, so don't take anything I say for how to do your holy gearing.

Shadow Stat Priority: Intellect/SP > Haste > Spirit/Hit > Crit > Mastery

First, replace all gear that doesn't have haste with gear that has haste. 5% haste is utterly pitiful. The only exception would be if you have to downgrade ilvl for it. Intellect is your top stat, so ilvl will always trump that, but those are going to be the biggest upgrades for you. You have a lot of gear that has no haste at all, and that is just wrong for shadow. Biggest peeve: Get rid of the staff for a shadow appropriate weapon or reforge and change the enchant to Power Torrent.

Second, reforge mastery and crit to haste if it's not on the item, then spirit if that's not on the item. If you have both mastery and crit, reforge out of mastery first. Hit cap is a preference, but you don't need the full 17% if you aren't raiding yet. If you're just starting shadow, getting close to hit cap is a good priority unless you have low lag and are exceptional at refreshing after a VT or DP miss. Haste scales just above hit, but if you're not that good at catching the misses, it wouldn't be worth it. It's a personal thing. Never reforge out of haste or spirit for any reason.

Next, your gems. Change your meta to the 54 Int + 3% crit damage. As others mentioned, unless the bonus is 20 Int or better, just socket +40 int. If you use an orange gem, go for 20 haste; if a purple gem, 20 spirit. Never any other stats. Int scales more than double over all secondary stats.

Trinkets: Get DMC: Volcano. It's a lot cheaper now and much better than the alchemist stone. Grats on the mirror, I have never seen that drop. =(

Enchants: Intellect or haste on everything.
    Wrist: +50 intellect (or 50/65 haste if you can't afford that)
    Hands: +50 Haste
    Legs: Powerful Ghostly Spellthread
    Boots: +50 Haste (someone's going to argue mastery and run speed, but it doesn't stack with inner will, and if you die without that enchant, it's because you suck at moving)
    Weapon: Power Torrent once you can afford it, Hurricane if you can't.
    Chest: +20 stats when you can afford it.
    Back: +50 intellect
    OH: (if you get one) +40 Intellect

Glyphs:
    Primal: MF, SW: D, SW: P
    Major: up to you, but i'd recommend fade
    Minor: Same, but I'd recommend SF

I would recommend moving the talents from Phantasm to Veiled Shadows for the reduced SF CD. It's not much damage, but that adds up over a 10 minute fight. There also aren't many snares in these raids that you can break out of, and you can self-dispel magic still.

Not trying to be mean with any of this, but if you're serious about shadow, you have a lot of changes to make. Good luck.
    Last edited by Zuziza; 2011-06-03 at 06:54 AM.

Deleted
    one thing popped at me right when I opened the advanced character view.... 2 empty glyph slots, 2 unenchanted items, fix that and then what Fuds said...

....and this is a great thread idea... gonna do the same in Shaman forum

shadow priest with stacked mastery and disc glyphs.
    holy os with shield glyph and spirit tap glyph.
    confused by which criteria you want to be rated, disc, holy or shadow? :/
    Last edited by babylon; 2011-06-03 at 09:15 AM.

Deleted
    sorry guys holy is my main spec any tips for that would be great

ty in advance

Gem like this:
    Red 40 int
    Blue 20 int/20 spirit until hit cap then 40 int
    yellow 20 haste/20 int

Reforge everything u can to haste

Take 2 out of Phantasm (its a PvP talent, not really useful in PvE) and put it into Veiled Shadows (Decreased Shadowfiend CD means more time it gets to DPS+more mana back for you)

Get shadow glyphs not disc :P

Quote Originally Posted by infinitive1 View Post
    sorry guys holy is my main spec any tips for that would be great

ty in advance
    ok then, holy!
    1. glyphs
    * prime - you dont want pw:shield glyph, renew glyph should work for you much better.
    * major - prayer of mending you wantwant! and maybe dispell. coh one is fine.
    2. talents are ok, theres always discussion about sol vs spirit of r, but as for learning and early raiding i dont find it to be that crucial.
    3. gear - very low spirit, you want more, 2k to start with, 2,5k to have fun. i see the trend of holy priests stacking mastery while sitting on 4,..% haste, so i guess your stacking mastery its correct. lack of pants chant, enchants and gems look ok, some orange gems for haste some for mastery but i do the same to keep my perfect balance, so cant complain really

And don't use Holy gear for Shadow until you can acquire a 2nd set of gear. If your raid has to drop a healer for DPS, let someone else do it. Your (I'm guessing) 8k DPS isn't going to be much help.

Does anyone else find that using Shadow gear for Disc actually works well though?