10+ Year Old Account
    Fucking hell I seriously give up with this quest "Boethiah's Calling" now.

"Kill mobs stealthily" yeah that works well with a mage character with absolutely no skill in sneaking or archery and I don't even own a dagger.
    Not to mention that every single time no matter if I'm detected or not the boss freaks out and starts killing the nearby bandits even though I'm not even anywhere near him, much less touched him.

Seriously, fuck that quest.

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Get this mod. It changes all spider models into bears.
    Those bears looks even scarier because there animations are messed up!

Fucking hell I seriously give up with this quest "Boethiah's Calling" now.

"Kill mobs stealthily" yeah that works well with a mage character with absolutely no skill in sneaking or archery and I don't even own a dagger.
    Not to mention that every single time no matter if I'm detected or not the boss freaks out and starts killing the nearby bandits even though I'm not even anywhere near him, much less touched him.

Seriously, fuck that quest.
    I understand your pain..I have no magic skills leveled at all besides Enchanting (if that even counts), and I couldn't even get into the college in Winderhold because I didn't have enough Magicka to even summon the damn thing that was requested of me. Had to wait a bit until I found a fortify magicka potion. THEN I get in and can't even keep the stupid shield up long enough for him to cast a spell on me -.- Some quests you just can't do without skills. On the other hand, that quest sounds fun, since i'm a stealth character. Where did you find it?

BTW, I have a question. I intend to start working on Illusion magic very soon, mainly for Invisibility. I noticed in the Illusion tree of perks it says "Illusion magic works on higher level monsters" -- Is that like Calm/Fury? Does invisibility provide the same thing against all monsters regardless?

Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    Those bears looks even scarier because there animations are messed up!
    I agree, looks like a bunch of Pedobears running at you...

Deleted
    is there any way to revive lydia? i accidently killed her in my house, and her corpse has been there for days :\

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    is there any way to revive lydia? i accidently killed her in my house, and her corpse has been there for days :\
    Resurrect in console if you feel like cheating.

"Accidently" killed her in your own house. Did she fall on your axe?

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Not once she's dead. The only way that you can get her back is to revert to another save. I killed her accidentally, but was able to pick up another companion after a fist fight in a little town.

I don't think so. So far my mage focused character has killed three of my followers. I find them more useful as mule more than anything. In combat they largely just get in my way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    I understand your pain..I have no magic skills leveled at all besides Enchanting (if that even counts), and I couldn't even get into the college in Winderhold because I didn't have enough Magicka to even summon the damn thing that was requested of me. Had to wait a bit until I found a fortify magicka potion. THEN I get in and can't even keep the stupid shield up long enough for him to cast a spell on me -.- Some quests you just can't do without skills. On the other hand, that quest sounds fun, since i'm a stealth character. Where did you find it?
    It's some kind of daedric questline for Boethia, you can get it by going to Boethia's shrine which is basically to the east of Windhelm. You also need to be atleast lvl 30.

How do I get the daedra armor? Im lvl 43 and I have not yet seen any deadra at all. The only one was from the Shrine where I got the Black Star. Thats it. I got deadra hearts from those. I thought the daedra quests where a long questline.. Not 20 different :/? Or is it a quest line?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    Resurrect in console if you feel like cheating.

"Accidently" killed her in your own house. Did she fall on your axe?

im on xbox so i reverted to an older save. and i accidently hit her with my sword, then she started attacking me, so i killed her

im on xbox so i reverted to an older save. and i accidently hit her with my sword, then she started attacking me, so i killed her
    Would yielding not work? =/

Damn I hate it when a quest makes you have a fucking companion as a rogue char. I mean, fucking hell, last quest of the thieves guild is impossible with these retards. I tell them to stay, they follow me. I try to sneak around and pick things off 1 by 1, they follow me and then run into combat, getting me killed. Fuck, Im going to kill them myself in a minute.
    Cho’Gall: Cairne Bloodhoof is dead? Did we kill him?
    Deathwing: No. The Grimtotems weakened him with poison, and then Garrosh accidentally hacked him to death with an axe during a heated political discussion.
    Cho’Gall: How do you accidentally kill someone with an axe?

Tip. Never EVER buy any training unless you really want to. Training is very expensive, especially at high skill levels.
    Yeah but i'm a thief/assassin/rogue/etc..I usually sit on 15-20k easy. I gotta spend it on something, may as well be training something that's hard to level.

I play a stealth character so the only action my one handed skill see's is the 30x damage sneak attack. If I try to fight toe-to-toe I generally die fairly easily. My one handed is level 63 right now, it's just too far behind for my level (32).

EDIT: FINALLY! 12% chance to steal Aerin's Gold Diamond necklace at 80 pick pocketing -.- Geez. The two hour grind paid off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob from Accounting View Post
    Tip. Never EVER buy any training unless you really want to. Training is very expensive, especially at high skill levels.

I skilled up smithing without paying 1 gold to any trainer. Just bought all the leather and leather strips I could from vendors and made Hide Bracers. Unlike wow's proffesion system, you can make the most basic stuff indefinitely and still get skill points.

Smithing skill 70.
    Trainer cost for 1 point - 3500 gold
    Materials cost for 1 point if making hide bracers - about 100 gold.
    The costs aren't even close. Just stick to making cheap, basic stuff and don't waste your money on a trainer.

Screw crafting trainers, m8. Also screw weapon trainers. They aren't like in Gothic where trainers taught you attack moves not just skill points, so there really is no real point in paying for something you can get easily by yourself.
    If you get the trainer to be your companion you can just take your gold back by trading them afterwards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicolicious View Post
    How do I get the daedra armor? Im lvl 43 and I have not yet seen any deadra at all. The only one was from the Shrine where I got the Black Star. Thats it. I got deadra hearts from those. I thought the daedra quests where a long questline.. Not 20 different :/? Or is it a quest line?
    You need to craft the armor. Its 90 skill in Smithing.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    i thank you 10000 times.
    Why didnt i find it myself 2 days faster... dat big spider in one of the first quests -,- I windowed skyrim to lowest resolution, so it took like 1/3 of my screen, went 3rd person and still couldnt enter the room with it. Killed it by spamming lightning through doors which were blocked by some roots or whatever... spider was passing by those doors once a minute, and then it took me few more minutes to grow the balls just to go past its body. Fcking nightmare.
    Last edited by mmoc024edb9800; 2011-11-16 at 08:17 PM.

Speaking of Smithing..I have a question. How did you guys power level smithing so easily?

I've been exclusively using leather bracers for skills, but the only time I can ever do a good chunk of leveling is when I end up with a ton of hides. I only have it at 39 right now. I haven't been finding very much luck with mining nodes either, even though I carry a pick axe with me and try to look out for them when I do a quest that has me go through mines.

Hoping to get the light armor version of dragon armor, then enchant it once my enchanting gets 100 @_@

Deleted
    Just make tons of iron daggers