Deleted
    I consider Skyrim to definitely feel like a polished version of Morrowind rather than Oblivion, though it does lack some of the former's creative license (spell creation, degree of mansion upgrades etc). This is a very minor gripe however and is more than offset by Skyrim's superior combat and visuals. I am glad of this, because while Oblivion was by no means a bad game, it was somewhat spoiled by the horribly repetitive Oblivion gates and endless legions of samey enemies.

I'm level 42 now and just created a set of hilariously overpowered daedric plate armour complete with obscene dual enchants. Plus a sword that deals over 200 damage per hit. I recall doing similar in Morrowind (though there was a genuinely unbalanced hp regen enchant in Morrowind that actually made you invincible).
    Last edited by mmoccbf1395d51; 2011-11-21 at 02:49 PM.

I have a question about soul gems and conjuration.

I tried to summon a familiar and tried to use soul trap on him but he always resist. I'm like level 25 in conjuration. Am I too low level? Because it worked in Morrowind and Oblivion if I remember. I was able to summon a Golden Saint and Soul Trap him to create an infinite amount of Grand Soul Gems with Azura Star.

Someone tried it?

as a Dark Elf, should i side with the stormcloaks or the empire? lore wise and game play benefit wise

As I continue to play I'm becoming more convinced that Skyrim does not feel as epic as Oblivion... Oblivion was a truly difficult game for me, and Skyrim does not feel nearly as troublesome... Not to mention, it doesn't feel as large either (specifically the cities, the Imperial City is one of my all time favorite places in any video game)... That being said, Skyrim did fix a number of things that were wrong with Oblivion.

Don't get me wrong, it is still a great game, and I'm having crazy amounts of fun playing it, but it just doesn't feel like Oblivion did... Maybe I'm crazy... =/

Deleted
    I would assume they learned from their mistake in Morrowind and made it so conjured mobs can't be exploited like that.

We all did it of course. Soul Trap some golden saints, then go and sell them off to the stupid scamp or mudcrab vendors xD

I want to let everyone know that on PC, the difficulty will change on its own.

I noticed mouse lag again and checked the options. Xbox controller was selected again (even though I shut it off before and saved) and my difficulty was set to adept (even though I have been playing on expert). So keep an eye out for this.

Deleted
    Heya... I wonder where I can find Ebony Ingots. I'm looking to craft me a Ebon Bow. I'm a Stealth Archer with Dragonplate armor atm and looking where I can find Ebon Ingots to craft the badass bow. Also where do I join Dark Brotherhood?

Wow. This game is so amazing in so many respects. (Not to say i don't have my complaints about it but still...)

Just broke out of the mine in the main questchain in Markarth (you should know what im talking about if you've done it) and its brilliant.

Just wondering though, the guys seem to just go thier own way - should i follow them? Can i choose a side? (Nords or Forsworn?) Or is this the end of that chain? Are there more quests to do with the conflicts in the reach?

---------- Post added 2011-11-21 at 03:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ROFLOCOPTER View Post
    Heya... I wonder where I can find Ebony Ingots. I'm looking to craft me a Ebon Bow. I'm a Stealth Archer with Dragonplate armor atm and looking where I can find Ebon Ingots to craft the badass bow. Also where do I join Dark Brotherhood?
    Go to Windhelm and you should hear people talking about a boy performing the Black Sacrament. Go to him, do his quest, wait till you get a note from someone and sleep in a bed. Go from there.

Also, for Ebony, i stumbled across an Ebony mine by accident. If you've done the Winterhold College quests, you'll know where Mzulft is (the Dwemer ruins) but if not, then southeast of Windhelm, hugging the eastern mountains, just north of Mzulft is an Orc encampment. You will be stopped and given a quest if you try to go in. Accept it, but you can actually just go in anyway without completing it. At the back is a mine full of Ebony.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Can anyone please clarify the skill level at which you change ranks - ie, from Novice to Apprentice, from Apprentice to Adept, from Adept to Expert, and from Expert to Master. I have yet to find a chart that specifies this. I've found that you can gain the following achievements, but am not sure if these levels match the levels at which you actually become eligible to obtain/cast the next higher level of spells. Thanks in advance.
    Apprentice -- Reach Level 5
    Adept -- Reach Level 10
    Expert -- Reach Level 25
    Master -- Reach Level 50

Gloombound Mine, southeast of Windhelm, is full of ebony veins, which you can mine for the ore and then smelt into bars... I went there and mined enough to make a full set of Daedric armor. Also worth noting is the fact there are a lot of already mined chunks of ore sitting around in carts, on the ground, and in buckets (both inside and outside of the mine), but picking them up is considered stealing...

I accidentally hit one of the miners when I was mining a vein... I incurred a bounty, but when I went to pay it I hit a pressure plate and a bunch of rocks fell onto and killed the foreman -.-, so I had to kill all of the miners because they wouldn't stop attacking me (even after I yielded).
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2011-11-21 at 03:19 PM.

Quick question - I'm about to head out and buy Skyrim for PS3 but I've heard it's pretty crappy on the system (bad graphics and laggy). Should I get the 360 version instead?

PC is out of the question as my computer barely runs Minecraft.

Quote Originally Posted by ukrainium View Post
    Quick question - I'm about to head out and buy Skyrim for PS3 but I've heard it's pretty crappy on the system (bad graphics and laggy). Should I get the 360 version instead?
    I don't have any experience with the PS3 version of Skyrim, but I can tell you that I prefer the 360 when it comes to other cross-platform games.

Deleted
    Hey guys.. iam loving this game.. of course there are a lot of bugs to solve. in my case, at the thieves guild 3rd quest, i cant get the next one... there is a comand that allows us to activate the next quest and carry on from there, but iam hoping bethesda gets that fix.. in the meantime iam going to do all other quests. did you guys have any similar problems??

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    As I continue to play I'm becoming more convinced that Skyrim does not feel as epic as Oblivion... Oblivion was a truly difficult game for me, and Skyrim does not feel nearly as troublesome... Not to mention, it doesn't feel as large either (specifically the cities, the Imperial City is one of my all time favorite places in any video game)... That being said, Skyrim did fix a number of things that were wrong with Oblivion.

Don't get me wrong, it is still a great game, and I'm having crazy amounts of fun playing it, but it just doesn't feel like Oblivion did... Maybe I'm crazy... =/
    You are crazy! Skyrim is 4x better than Oblivion if both are unmodded. A modded Oblivion is a blast though, unmodded it is near unplayable.

Oblivion's world isn't as exciting as Skyrim..Oblivion = Snowy northern border, Half-swampy southern border, waste-landy western border, woodland/farmland eastern border (And the middle of the Cyrodiil). Skyrim is a lot more varied. (Shivering Isles does look very good, esp. modded.. But that is a expansion, doesn't count :P)

Oblivion leveling was the worst in any game I have ever played. Skyrim's could be better, but I can live with it.

Dungeons in Oblivion are copy paste after the first 5 dungeons. Maybe like 8 unique the whole game. I am like 50 hour into Skyrim, no copy/paste so far.

Oblivion's main story plot was so predictable - In Skyrim I haven't done the main mission really (Only like 5 quests total). And it is mysterious to me.

And probably tons more of reasons that are slipping my mind, and I could also list the little annoying things about Oblivion (Personality in that game is useless, it is actually worse than that, it is a hindrance).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jimavet View Post
    Can anyone please clarify the skill level at which you change ranks - ie, from Novice to Apprentice, from Apprentice to Adept, from Adept to Expert, and from Expert to Master. I have yet to find a chart that specifies this. I've found that you can gain the following achievements, but am not sure if these levels match the levels at which you actually become eligible to obtain/cast the next higher level of spells. Thanks in advance.
    Apprentice -- Reach Level 5
    Adept -- Reach Level 10
    Expert -- Reach Level 25
    Master -- Reach Level 50
    Adept spells will be avaible at vendors after reaching 50 skill points in given school of magic, also at 90+ you can do quests for the master level ones, I assume experts are around 70 skill points.

Your actual level does not affect what spells you can learn, as long as you can get the tome, you can learn the spell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by migey View Post
    wow. This game is so amazing in so many respects. (not to say i don't have my complaints about it but still...)

just broke out of the mine in the main questchain in markarth (you should know what im talking about if you've done it) and its brilliant.

Just wondering though, the guys seem to just go thier own way - should i follow them? Can i choose a side? (nords or forsworn?) or is this the end of that chain? Are there more quests to do with the conflicts in the reach?

---------- post added 2011-11-21 at 03:14 pm ----------

go to windhelm and you should hear people talking about a boy performing the black sacrament. Go to him, do his quest, wait till you get a note from someone and sleep in a bed. Go from there.

Also, for ebony, i stumbled across an ebony mine by accident. If you've done the winterhold college quests, you'll know where mzulft is (the dwemer ruins) but if not, then southeast of windhelm, hugging the eastern mountains, just north of mzulft is an orc encampment. You will be stopped and given a quest if you try to go in. Accept it, but you can actually just go in anyway without completing it. At the back is a mine full of ebony.
    thank you! <3

15+ Year Old Account
    http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Mining

Incase you need to find any other ores as well.

Just wondering though, the guys seem to just go thier own way - should i follow them? Can i choose a side? (Nords or Forsworn?) Or is this the end of that chain? Are there more quests to do with the conflicts in the reach?
    After the quest, the Forsworn will increase their presence in the Reach and become bandit-like. They do not recognize you as an ally, which is funny, because you saved their leader and joined their ranks, but nevermind, and are territorial, meaning they will not attack you on sight, but if you proceed into their territory and ignore their warnings. Be aware though, that even high-level characters can be killed quickly by briarhearts wielding ebon weapons.

If a sufficient level is reached, all smiths get progressively smaller stocks of higher level ingots and ore. Ebony ingots can be bought for around 220 gold per ingot, which means, if you have sufficient funds, there is no need to visit mines at all. Daedric hearts can be obtained from alchemist vendors for 900 per heart
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.

For those of you that have finished the Dark Brotherhood quest up to fixing the Dawnstar Sanctuary.... The Night Mothers contracts are infinite from that point on or does doing them lead to more story line?

15+ Year Old Account
    Frorkmar Banner-Torn
    He is supposed to be in Dawnstar but I checked everywhere including inside the iron mine.,
    Anyone happen to know where he is located?