Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by beingmused View Post
    There aren't many examples of same sex couples in ES lore, but it would be dumber if they restricted it so that you could only marry one gender. Plus there are things like the fact that Argonians are transgendered by nature (as in they occasionally change from male to female), and lots of other...fluid social boundaries that pop up, that don't make it seem jarring.

Besides, if some prophecised hero showed up who could slay dragons and breath fire...probably 70% of the population would definitely try to get with that!
    Yea maybe, that's not what I meant but wouldn't it have been nicer if they approached it more subtly? For example asked if I was into other women at all first? Instead of going "ooh, amulet of Mara! lets get married". That was just plain creepy:P

---------- Post added 2011-12-17 at 09:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout15 View Post
    I was wondering this too. Im fairly certain you can buy the solitude one without joining a side. I say this because none of the quest involve the civil war, they are all about the wolf queen potema returning. I KNOW you can buy markarth. But im pretty sure to buy windhelm you have to join the stormcloaks since the jarl is the leader of them. This is only if you want to buy the house earlier in the game, otherwise you can just join the imperials and do the quests up to the point where you capture windhelm. First house i bought was markarth because it has both an enchanters lab and apoth table and is relatively cheap compared to solitudes house.
    I think Riften house is the easiest and you get most bang for your buck:P You can get it for only 5k (although it's 8k but if you have 5k+ on you the steward will take it all and still sell you the house). It has both the alchemy lab and enchanting table and is very close to the gate as well as the shops. And more importantly, the upgrades are very cheap but the come stocked with goodies that cost at least 3 times the price you have to pay for them.

By the way, is there any way to get the housecarls out of my bedroom in my houses and stay in their own rooms? Without killing them that is:P

Is it just me or is the blade of woe slower than other daggers such as a plain steel dagger? It seems I can get more attacks in with a steel dagger than with the blade of woe. Do all daggers have different speeds? Is it just the slicing animation that is running my imagination? Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blarg, I love this game to death, but the bugs are really annoying. When I hit someone with a shock spell and finish them off with my sword, they go flying off a good 30 ft like they got hit by a train or something. The other one that really gets me is that npcs sometimes execute kill when I barely have any health missing. For example I was fighting a Bandit Marauder, he melee'd me once and brought my health down a miniscule amount, then he instantly stabbed me through the front which killed me Another time, I was fighting a dragon and he meleed me once, I switched to my healing spell, and then he grabs me and tosses me around like a ragdoll, I wasn't even missing that much health, probably like an eighth or so.
    "When I was 5 years old, my mother told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me I didn't understand the assignment, I told them they didn't understand life." - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Runeforged View Post
    Blarg, I love this game to death, but the bugs are really annoying. When I hit someone with a shock spell and finish them off with my sword, they go flying off a good 30 ft like they got hit by a train or something. The other one that really gets me is that npcs sometimes execute kill when I barely have any health missing. For example I was fighting a Bandit Marauder, he melee'd me once and brought my health down a miniscule amount, then he instantly stabbed me through the front which killed me Another time, I was fighting a dragon and he meleed me once, I switched to my healing spell, and then he grabs me and tosses me around like a ragdoll, I wasn't even missing that much health, probably like an eighth or so.
    Lol always been the case with elder scrolls games.. not much you can do except wait for patches, have you downloaded the recent patch for the game? I haven't had this happen to me yet and I've put in a good 100+ hours probably.. (sad I know). But the dragon thing, on my light armor guy I hadn't buffed his health up that much yet and was fighting a dragon at lvl 20-30 around there and he would melee me once, I would break out my healing spells and before I could heal he'd eat me. So it may just be you don't have enough health. It was insanely easier once I got to around 200+ health but I'd try keeping at 70%+ health vs dragons at all times cuz they can wtfpwn you with a couple melee then instakill eat you.

I don't use all that enchanting + blacksmithing OP crap so they can be tough at times but I got used to it..haven't died to any dragons since.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I like pie View Post
    Lol always been the case with elder scrolls games.. not much you can do except wait for patches, have you downloaded the recent patch for the game? I haven't had this happen to me yet and I've put in a good 100+ hours probably.. (sad I know). But the dragon thing, on my light armor guy I hadn't buffed his health up that much yet and was fighting a dragon at lvl 20-30 around there and he would melee me once, I would break out my healing spells and before I could heal he'd eat me. So it may just be you don't have enough health. It was insanely easier once I got to around 200+ health but I'd try keeping at 70%+ health vs dragons at all times cuz they can wtfpwn you with a couple melee then instakill eat you.

I don't use all that enchanting + blacksmithing OP crap so they can be tough at times but I got used to it..haven't died to any dragons since.
    Wow, so you don't have the shock damage bug? Wonder if clearing my cache or something will help (playing on 360). And about the dragons, I have enough health (400+ lvl 50ish), although, I think you're right and my health slipped a little too far or something.
    "When I was 5 years old, my mother told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me I didn't understand the assignment, I told them they didn't understand life." - John Lennon

Deleted
    Oh my god!! I need to go to Jorrvaskr (Whiterun) for my last Barenziah stone because I have never looted it when I did the companion quests. You know last time i was there was ages ago (65 now) and everything worked quite good until I wanted to leave Jorrvaskr to Skyrim !! The loading screen just freezes and when I re enter the game I am at the exit of the sleep rooms (the 2nd door in there), and so I am unable to exit that god damn Jorrvaskr because after I have re entered the game it still freezes when leaving!!!

I have tried to clean the CD and stuff but it does not help at all. It seems that this is on all saves, does not matter how old they are. Anyone got suggestions? Hope so

Edit: I play on xbox

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdecker View Post
    The mic-shout mod is AWESOME. You must download it. If you don't know what i'm talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNCKgmjOkXg
    You're right, it's fantastic. I messed about on my maxed char, and am now using it on my replay. It's so much fun, especially when you're sneaking and you just quietly whisper:

Laas Yah Nir.

Followed by a bellowed FUS RO DAH at the enemies you're sneaking up on.

---------- Post added 2011-12-18 at 03:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    Oh my god!! I need to go to Jorrvaskr (Whiterun) for my last Barenziah stone because I have never looted it when I did the companion quests. You know last time i was there was ages ago (65 now) and everything worked quite good until I wanted to leave Jorrvaskr to Skyrim !! The loading screen just freezes and when I re enter the game I am at the exit of the sleep rooms (the 2nd door in there), and so I am unable to exit that god damn Jorrvaskr because after I have re entered the game it still freezes when leaving!!!

I have tried to clean the CD and stuff but it does not help at all. It seems that this is on all saves, does not matter how old they are. Anyone got suggestions? Hope so

Edit: I play on xbox
    If you've installed to hdd (not sure how it works on Skyrim for the Xbox), try removing and reinstalling it (or play without if you can).
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    Yea maybe, that's not what I meant but wouldn't it have been nicer if they approached it more subtly? For example asked if I was into other women at all first? Instead of going "ooh, amulet of Mara! lets get married". That was just plain creepy:P

---------- Post added 2011-12-17 at 09:04 AM ----------

I think Riften house is the easiest and you get most bang for your buck:P You can get it for only 5k (although it's 8k but if you have 5k+ on you the steward will take it all and still sell you the house). It has both the alchemy lab and enchanting table and is very close to the gate as well as the shops. And more importantly, the upgrades are very cheap but the come stocked with goodies that cost at least 3 times the price you have to pay for them.

By the way, is there any way to get the housecarls out of my bedroom in my houses and stay in their own rooms? Without killing them that is:P
    I sent 3 of my housecarls to the blades, in my main house i left my carl there cause i feel like shes my personal guard dog. But yeah, if they are annoying you just kill them or take them to become blades if you havnt taken 3 people there yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessSoul View Post
    You're right, it's fantastic. I messed about on my maxed char, and am now using it on my replay. It's so much fun, especially when you're sneaking and you just quietly whisper:

Laas Yah Nir.

Followed by a bellowed FUS RO DAH at the enemies you're sneaking up on.

---------- Post added 2011-12-18 at 03:54 AM ----------

If you've installed to hdd (not sure how it works on Skyrim for the Xbox), try removing and reinstalling it (or play without if you can).
    Thanks, but I have just deleted and reinstalled the game and it still freezes. The disc is not damaged or anything so I really don´t know what to do F*ing screen freezes -.-

Edit: This is disturbing! I have just loaded a very early save where I was like lvl 10 and there it works but somehow not on my latest "main" saves. GG
    Last edited by mmocac05adb153; 2011-12-18 at 04:48 AM.

I was messing around with console commands much earlier in the game. I used killall in the middle of whiterun and thought everyone would just respawn. I carried on have got probly 30+ hours or so in the game now completed main dragon questchain etc..etc.. Is there anyway to undo this and bring the town back to live. It's been 25+ hours so I can't just revert to a previous save file. Kinda killing the immersion factor for me.

Red face

Hey guys,
    So, I've been playing Skyrim as a stealth archer and absolutely have loved it. However, I feel the need to spice some things up so I'm thinking of trying out a magician build. I really don't care I won't be able to one-shot dragons, I don't play to min-max, I play on adept and I play for the immersion and fun. Now a few questions:

First of all, If I get the double enchantment perk in the enchantment tree, would I be able to enchant one piece of armor with both fortify destruction and fortify restoration? So I could be able to have both my destruction and restoration spells free (that is, with the use of 25% reduction on all 4 applicable armor pieces.)?

The build I'm going for is a kind of battlemage. I want to wear armor, but don't plan on putting any points into any armor trees, and I don't play to be the stealthiest of characters. That said, should I go Heavy Armor, or Light Armor. My first inclination is towards the Heavy Armor, as it will provide the best reduction possible, but I'd like to hear if there is a specific reason why light armor possible beats heavy armor out in this regard.

The type of play style I want is to be able to run around blowing stuff up with destruction, healing if necessary, and putting up wards now and then. theoretically I would have no magic costs and so I disregarded all magic saving perks in my build except the one that lets me get to the "once-a-day-life-saving-perk" in the resto tree.

I really fill out everything I want by around level 25, and so I would have a ton of lee-way perks, possible to buff up armors. If you would be so kind, could you just tie this build a looksy, give me some advice what else I should go into. Thanks a ton! (Just remove spaces from between the w's)

Edit: Also, seeing as I theoretically will have no spell costs, should I put my levels into magcka or health?

P.S. While I am not opposed to stealth, after playing a stealth archer, I found the play style to be a little too slow for my liking, so try to give me some other options if possible :P)

w w w.ign.com/builds/the-elder-scrolls-5-skyrim/create?d=000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000012121210000011110000000110000000000 05000111
    Last edited by Genevien; 2011-12-18 at 07:34 AM.

Wow, just experienced the most game-breaking glitch ever. I'm trying everything to fix it but...

OK, so I play on PS3. I decided to make a "Dark Knight" character, and wanted some easy Destruction levels. So, I used Vilkas for some target practice. After about 3-4 rounds of firing full magicka bars worth of Flames at him, he became pseudo-hostile and lost his invincibility. Still was unkillable, but I could make him get on his knee's and crawl around. The "unconscious" thing that happens.

If I took his health to 0, he becomes friendly. If I run too far away, he becomes friendly. If I sneak and wait for him to lose his hostility, he becomes friendly.

Okay so here is where things get interesting. Upon getting my Destruction to 51, saying fk it I want to move on, I took my sword out and smacked him around. Nothing. He will not change his dialogue. Still gives me the same bull "We don't use magic here". Well, whatever. I don't really care if I do the companions quest line or not.

I left and went to Dragonsreach to start the main questline...The Jarl will only give me a few dialogue options that aren't capable of going past a certain point, until I exit out and click him again, on which the same choices appear and the same lockout happens. I went to talk to Farrengar, and went to buy something, and it locks out at that point and his buy list doesn't appear. I have to cancel out manually to leave. I can't even go to JAIL. I smacked a guard, got a 40G bounty, said "Take me to jail!" and they say "Hope you rot in the dungeons" etc, but I stay there like nothing happened and i'm free to smack the guard again.

BAH. This is nuts. This isn't even documented on wiki or uesp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nkrzx View Post
    I was messing around with console commands much earlier in the game. I used killall in the middle of whiterun and thought everyone would just respawn. I carried on have got probly 30+ hours or so in the game now completed main dragon questchain etc..etc.. Is there anyway to undo this and bring the town back to live. It's been 25+ hours so I can't just revert to a previous save file. Kinda killing the immersion factor for me.
    Get a list of each NPC in whiterun, then their respawn command. Go to each house and respawn them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Genevien View Post
    Hey guys,
    So, I've been playing Skyrim as a stealth archer and absolutely have loved it. However, I feel the need to spice some things up so I'm thinking of trying out a magician build. I really don't care I won't be able to one-shot dragons, I don't play to min-max, I play on adept and I play for the immersion and fun. Now a few questions:

First of all, If I get the double enchantment perk in the enchantment tree, would I be able to enchant one piece of armor with both fortify destruction and fortify restoration? So I could be able to have both my destruction and restoration spells free (that is, with the use of 25% reduction on all 4 applicable armor pieces.)?

The build I'm going for is a kind of battlemage. I want to wear armor, but don't plan on putting any points into any armor trees, and I don't play to be the stealthiest of characters. That said, should I go Heavy Armor, or Light Armor. My first inclination is towards the Heavy Armor, as it will provide the best reduction possible, but I'd like to hear if there is a specific reason why light armor possible beats heavy armor out in this regard.

The type of play style I want is to be able to run around blowing stuff up with destruction, healing if necessary, and putting up wards now and then. theoretically I would have no magic costs and so I disregarded all magic saving perks in my build except the one that lets me get to the "once-a-day-life-saving-perk" in the resto tree.

I really fill out everything I want by around level 25, and so I would have a ton of lee-way perks, possible to buff up armors. If you would be so kind, could you just tie this build a looksy, give me some advice what else I should go into. Thanks a ton! (Just remove spaces from between the w's)

Edit: Also, seeing as I theoretically will have no spell costs, should I put my levels into magcka or health?

P.S. While I am not opposed to stealth, after playing a stealth archer, I found the play style to be a little too slow for my liking, so try to give me some other options if possible :P)

w w w.ign.com/builds/the-elder-scrolls-5-skyrim/create?d=000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000012121210000011110000000110000000000 05000111
    If you don't put perks into armor trees, don't care about being and use magic, not melee to fight then yes, heavy is a clear choice. It gives ok protection even without perks. AS far as the enchanting is concerned, yes, you can double enchant destro and resto. No other restriction there than with a single enchant.

By the way, I wouldn't recommend intense flames and think it's kind of a bad thing even. If they run at low health, you have to chase them around, they pull help and it just generally adds to annoyance. If you already get them to low health, it's better to just finish them off:P

10+ Year Old Account
    hi Guys i got a problem and dont know where to ask or look for a solution.

During a fight i tapped the hotkey for my healingspell twice (accidentally). I healed myself with leftklick cause i dont have the doublehealperk. After this i switched back to Onehand and shild via hotkeys and i equipted the Sword and Shild like i wanted.
    However the Shildhand still has the idle animation of the "casterhand" from the restorationspell i used before with the white glow in the palm.. Even if i equipt a Bow i can shoot but the Casterhand still stays up.
    The problem is if i use a shild i cant block anymore cause the casterhand seems to cancle the blocking... and using a bow i cant zoom in even if i put points in the perk. The still up Casterhand seems to prevent both actions wich is quit bad because i focussed on a blocking character.

I dunno what to do. I restarted the game, i restarted my computer. Sadly i dont have a older savegamefile to go back to. Please help me.

If you don't put perks into armor trees, don't care about being and use magic, not melee to fight then yes, heavy is a clear choice. It gives ok protection even without perks. AS far as the enchanting is concerned, yes, you can double enchant destro and resto. No other restriction there than with a single enchant.

By the way, I wouldn't recommend intense flames and think it's kind of a bad thing even. If they run at low health, you have to chase them around, they pull help and it just generally adds to annoyance. If you already get them to low health, it's better to just finish them off:P
    Kk, thank you very much for the advice. If I do choose to put points my auxiliary points into say, light armor, does it then become better than heavy armor?

edit: here is my new build, I decided to up my healing a bit with the extra point. Also, another question, how good are runes? Should I take the 3 points required to put them 5 times the distance away, or are they not that useful?

http://www.ign.com/builds/the-elder-...00000005001111
    Last edited by Genevien; 2011-12-18 at 05:57 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Genevien View Post
    Kk, thank you very much for the advice. If I do choose to put points my auxiliary points into say, light armor, does it then become better than heavy armor?
    Yep.. for later levels light is much better because of the stamina regen and you will get armor cap anyway so with heavy, anything over 560 or something armor goes to waste. But without perks heavy even full legendary dragonscale only gives you like 200ish armor and that's nowhere near the cap.

That said, light is still better without perks for any other type of character except mage because it's slow, noisy and wastes your stamina. For a mage it doesn't really matter though as you have no use for sta anyway other than maybe using sprint longer but if you like traveling by foot, you could just take it off by then or something.
    Last edited by mmocdd0c32dcfc; 2011-12-18 at 05:55 PM.

Ok, last question (hopefully), and then on to actually playing this character. When I level up, what should I increase? I think health, seeing as theoretically I will have infinite magicka and I don't need stamina, but I may be wrong, so if I am, please tell me what to put the levels into. Thanks

Yep.. for later levels light is much better because of the stamina regen and you will get armor cap anyway so with heavy, anything over 560 or something armor goes to waste. But without perks heavy even full legendary dragonscale only gives you like 200ish armor and that's nowhere near the cap.

That said, light is still better without perks for any other type of character except mage because it's slow, noisy and wastes your stamina. For a mage it doesn't really matter though as you have no use for sta anyway other than maybe using sprint longer but if you like traveling by foot, you could just take it off by then or something.
    Heavy armor is still better if you're going up against enemies with maces, as it requires 2268 armor to cap against someone with 75% armor penetration.

Deleted
    does anyone know the point in the those nord prisoners you see being escorted by imperials? you can talk to them and set them free, but theres also an option to give them some gear. so i freed one i found earlier, and traded his some armor, thinking he would put it on and maybe follow me a bit or do something, but instead he just ran off, didnt even put the armor on. so i had to chase him and kill him to get my armor back. anyone know if they are suppose to do anything?