anyone else think they should have made "bad guy" routes for the whole game? i've been doing the more "bad" sides here recently, but it just feels weird to jump in to being a hero after all that. just feels like you're going completely against the character you've been playing for the last 4 or 5 hours.

The game could use more options. I was impressed that there was an option to wipe out the Dark Brotherhood but then disappointed when I can't do the same for the Thieves Guild.

Plus it would be awesome if I could kill the Legion/Stormcloak leader right after they made their victory speech.

Deleted
    Anyone here have any recommendations for mods which add questing areas/new lands? I have tried the Khajit one, it's great but the latest update doesn't let me continue the questline, so I'm kinda fucked there.

Quote Originally Posted by FathomFear View Post
    Random question--is getting Skyrim for the PC a grossly better investment than getting it for console?
    pc + mods = about 100,000% more content

so yeah

and with HD mods, good god the consoles look like something from the nintendo days of gaming compared to HD PC graphics

---------- Post added 2012-11-09 at 05:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Anyone here have any recommendations for mods which add questing areas/new lands? I have tried the Khajit one, it's great but the latest update doesn't let me continue the questline, so I'm kinda fucked there.
    i assume you mean moonpath to elsewyr but if not, get that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    i assume you mean moonpath to elsewyr but if not, get that
    Yes, that is the one.

And honestly, I simply don't understand how people can say that mods make the game 1000% more contentrich- most of them simply adds better game mechanics/graphics, but I simply can't find any gameplay additions.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Yes, that is the one.

And honestly, I simply don't understand how people can say that mods make the game 1000% more contentrich- most of them simply adds better game mechanics/graphics, but I simply can't find any gameplay additions.
    So so SO much more content if you know where to look:

Into the Depths
    Halls of Dovanhdoar
    And the Realms of Daedra (and other quests by this author)
    Dark Brotherhood resurrection (Part 1, he'll be coming out with a lot more; this one alone is 3+ hours worth) http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/25941
    There's quite a few more. Couple of them that add Oblivion gates and another horror mode
    Oh and Monster mod and Monster Wars. http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/9694

I can go on forever.

OH YEA! Sanctum of the Fallen. http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/19913 it'll make you shit bricks. Don't recommend this unless you have an overpowered character (you won't feel so OP when you go in there though).

This one changes the game substantially but doesn't really add more content per se: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/9286

None of them are at the level of Dawnguard. But then, these people don't have teams working on this stuff for a living.

---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 01:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The game could use more options. I was impressed that there was an option to wipe out the Dark Brotherhood but then disappointed when I can't do the same for the Thieves Guild.

Plus it would be awesome if I could kill the Legion/Stormcloak leader right after they made their victory speech.
    Wait how do you wipe out the Dark Brotherhood? I've put in hundreds of hours into this game but haven't touched the radiant quests until now so I'm guessing that's where it's at.

I'll add this youtube channel: he updates you on the best mods that are made every week. And ALL of them are fucking amazing without fail. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtVIA...-shows&list=SL

P.S. Could someone tell me the name of the mod with the bear playing the lute? I NEED IT!
    Last edited by Flaks; 2012-11-10 at 01:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Wait how do you wipe out the Dark Brotherhood? I've put in hundreds of hours into this game but haven't touched the radiant quests until now so I'm guessing that's where it's at.
    If you kill Astrid when she first kidnaps you it sets you on the path to wipe them out.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    If you kill Astrid when she first kidnaps you it sets you on the path to wipe them out.
    Oh my god no freaking way...Why the eff didn't I ever think of that.

I wonder if there's any other major things that can get unlocked unwittingly. There's gotta be a place to find that out.
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I'd say it was 20 bucks well spent.

I just hope they do conclude the Thalmore storyline in Skyrim and don't hold it off. Maybe the fact that they're releasing unrelated DLC means there's a lot more to come? One can hope. If Dawnguard was any indication, they're doing exceptional things with the tools they have.
    Really? I hope they make dehtroning the aldmeri dominion and the thalmore the next game. Elder Scrolls: Summerset Isle
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Oh my god no freaking way...Why the eff didn't I ever think of that.

I wonder if there's any other major things that can get unlocked unwittingly. There's gotta be a place to find that out.
    Well she tells you someone must die if you want to get out.

I just got the PC version and loving it . I would like to go with a Death knight/Shadow knight build. I loved them in DnD, EQ, and WoW. I found this build that someone put together http://theskyrimblog.ning.com/group/...e-shadowknight. Would do you guys think? I may go Imperial or Nord instead of Dark Elf.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dravok View Post
    I just got the PC version and loving it . I would like to go with a Death knight/Shadow knight build. I loved them in DnD, EQ, and WoW. I found this build that someone put together http://theskyrimblog.ning.com/group/...e-shadowknight. Would do you guys think? I may go Imperial or Nord instead of Dark Elf.
    Should work like that. Not sure what minions are summonable since I never played mage though, but that seems close enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Really? I hope they make dehtroning the aldmeri dominion and the thalmore the next game. Elder Scrolls: Summerset Isle
    I hope they finish that story ark in a massive Skyrim DLC.

Also, Skyrim makes for some incredible inspiration:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqEVCTMkBnI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FLQ4rACE-0

I remember similar things coming out for WoW with the exploration videos and awesome lore-based fan made flicks (Tales of the Past, Noggaholic and Craft of War: Blind anyone?) but no longer.

---------- Post added 2012-11-11 at 12:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Well she tells you someone must die if you want to get out.
    Lol true. I'd always considered it but thought it'd just be a waste of time with having to pay off the Dark Brotherhood if I ever want to join them again.

I was hoping though that the wiping out could happen in the middle or end of the DB main questline.

I hope they finish that story ark in a massive Skyrim DLC.
    the war with the aldmeri dominion would be far too grand for dlc. it would have to take place in the whole of summerset and possibly some of cyrodil. i'm hoping it will be elder scrolls 6, and i'm kind of hoping the stormcloak ending is the one they go with for lore. it would be perfect to have stormcloak skyrim join forces with hammerfell for the final battle with the dominion.

I wish Heavy armor wasn't completely outclassed by Light armor once you hit the cap. Anyone knows any mod for this?
    Last edited by Valenhil; 2012-11-11 at 01:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    the war with the aldmeri dominion would be far too grand for dlc. it would have to take place in the whole of summerset and possibly some of cyrodil. i'm hoping it will be elder scrolls 6, and i'm kind of hoping the stormcloak ending is the one they go with for lore. it would be perfect to have stormcloak skyrim join forces with hammerfell for the final battle with the dominion.
    I don't think Solstheim is in Skyrim and if that's the case then they obviously have no qualms with tackling projects outside the continent within Skyrim's life cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Valenhil View Post
    I wish Heavy armor wasn't completely outclassed by Light armor once you hit the cap. Anyone knows any mod for this?
    I dont think it is. At maximum level, theyre exactly the same.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

I don't think Solstheim is in Skyrim and if that's the case then they obviously have no qualms with tackling projects outside the continent within Skyrim's life cycle.
    it's not because we would be leaving skyrim, but because the war with the elves is a huge thing in the elder scrolls lore. man has been fighting with elves since the beginning of elder scrolls. the end of that battle will be one of the biggest events in elder scrolls.

What do you guys think of the juggernaut build in this post against the one I posted earlier on the same page? http://theskyrimblog.ning.com/group/...e-necro-knight

Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post
    I dont think it is. At maximum level, theyre exactly the same.
    That's exactly when they aren't. Both offer 80% damage resistance when you hit the cap and 10% chance to avoid an attack, but light armor weighs less, makes less noise, increases stamina regen and doesn't slow you down. Heavy armor has increased barehand damage, which is useless outside of monk builds, plus reduced stagger and fall damage, which light armor has innately. There is absolutely no reason to wear heavy armor once you manage to hit the cap with Light Armor, which is extremely easy.
    Last edited by Valenhil; 2012-11-12 at 01:15 AM.