Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Why feel sorry for us console players in terms of balance? I actually LIKE being able to become a bit OP for a change! ^_^

Only thing I wish I can get are a few tiny mods like the bug fixes that the PC gets. It really infuriates me that Bethesda has NOT even put out a bug-fix patch for ANY version of the game. >_<

I didn't even touch any professions until I was nearly done exploring the majority of the world. Alchemy was the one I leveled the last - and hated every minute of it. >_<
    because people without a modded PC skyrim are playing a shitty game. a game they got royally fucked on. that's why people feel sorry for console gamers who play skyrim

the game is buggy, broken and of low overall quality. without mods it's not worth $10

---------- Post added 2013-01-07 at 11:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    They have put out bug fix patches.
    of the 750 known bugs they've fixed around 60

the unofficial patch fixes more bugs right now than bethesda ever will. they're not known for making top quality games. the modding community is why they're still in business and it's always been this way.

that's why their nickname is bugthesda

Quote Originally Posted by Valenhil View Post
    It's amazing how no matter which start I pick on Alternate Start, I always drift to Riverwood first.
    This, so much this...

Please post constructively and not spam
    Last edited by Remilia; 2013-01-08 at 05:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post

the unofficial patch fixes more bugs right now than bethesda ever will. they're not known for making top quality games. the modding community is why they're still in business and it's always been this way.

Eh, I've never had that many issues with Bethesda titles. I understand the complaints, though.

15+ Year Old Account
    because people without a modded PC skyrim are playing a shitty game. a game they got royally fucked on. that's why people feel sorry for console gamers who play skyrim

the game is buggy, broken and of low overall quality. without mods it's not worth $10
    I disagree with you. Honestly, from all the posts I've read in this thread, I don't see that great of a difference between console and pc. So far, my Skyrim has worked just fine and I have yet to encounter any groundbreaking bugs that makes the game unplayable for me. The mods, while cool, do not seem necessary to make the game better in anyway.

But hey, everyone has a preference. I just happen to prefer playing on my xbox.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Why feel sorry for us console players in terms of balance? I actually LIKE being able to become a bit OP for a change! ^_^

Only thing I wish I can get are a few tiny mods like the bug fixes that the PC gets. It really infuriates me that Bethesda has NOT even put out a bug-fix patch for ANY version of the game. >_<

I didn't even touch any professions until I was nearly done exploring the majority of the world. Alchemy was the one I leveled the last - and hated every minute of it. >_<
    Same here Leveled Alchemy as my very last profession because I hated it and of course I had no clue about those shiny fortify Alchemy enchants back then.

I actually still enjoy playing Skyrim on the xbox even without all those mods you guys talk about here constantly

And BTW: I read that a lot of guys think that the fortify restoration loop is an exploit. Well I have to laugh at that. Every TES game had mechanics that allowed you to become a GOD (remember Morrowind with the infinite stats?) so that is kinda intended as the potion has always increased your enchantments.

I too have a character that has done the whole stuff to reach godhood (enchanting, smithing, alchemy loops) and it´s kinda funny to have a bow that deals 2,7 billion damage and a couple billion armor with like 55k of each main stat plus tons of stat regen, immunities and carry weight

I too would love some bugfixes that the PC guys got but at least I can enjoy dragonborn and dawnguard so that makes up for that
    Last edited by mmocac05adb153; 2013-01-08 at 08:42 AM.

so, any word on dragonborn for pc? it's so hard to not seek out spoilers =x

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    Same here Leveled Alchemy as my very last profession because I hated it and of course I had no clue about those shiny fortify Alchemy enchants back then.

I actually still enjoy playing Skyrim on the xbox even without all those mods you guys talk about here constantly

And BTW: I read that a lot of guys think that the fortify restoration loop is an exploit. Well I have to laugh at that. Every TES game had mechanics that allowed you to become a GOD (remember Morrowind with the infinite stats?) so that is kinda intended as the potion has always increased your enchantments.

I too have a character that has done the whole stuff to reach godhood (enchanting, smithing, alchemy loops) and it´s kinda funny to have a bow that deals 2,7 billion damage and a couple billion armor with like 55k of each main stat plus tons of stat regen, immunities and carry weight

I too would love some bugfixes that the PC guys got but at least I can enjoy dragonborn and dawnguard so that makes up for that
    PC has Dawnguard (with all sorts of vampire/hunter etc mods) and Dragonborn will be out Soon™ probably with the ability to actually FLY the Dragons and not circle foxes once modded

I started on 360 and trying to play it again at my friends house is a pain, full daedric aromour just running around dual cast-stunning everything sprinting at full speed with free spells isn't fun, it's just a godmode cheat.

Deleted

Maybe and that would be ok.. every single player game has cheats too. But it's not ok if the cheats are forced on the player and to avoid them, you have to actively not use armor, weapons or skills provided at every corner. Crafting is part of the game and so is stealth. I loved playing a rogue with some magic in Oblivion where it wasn't OP (when you attacked someone from stealth, they found you and attacked right away, without looking).

I don't even mind getting strong in the end to be honest. I got pretty overpowered in Mass Effect 2-3 and DA2 too near the end of the game, even on the hardest difficulty and that's ok but not when everything becomes completely effortless near the beginning of the game unless you breeze through the quests without exploring or crafting. Running around, onehitting everything just gets old fast.

My point is that you cant play unmodded Skyrim without deliberately nerfing yourself if you want any challenge and this should not be up to players. Not using cheats and exploits and deliberately not using "op" skills and missing out on part of the game as well as not using "op" armor or weapons are completely different things.

Not only that but obvious exploits that you can accidentally use if you dont know about it shouldnt be there either. Like the fortify restoration loop.

Deleted
    I have to agree that the crafting system makes you ridiculously OP very fast. You only have to spend a bunch of skill points in Alchemy and Enchanting and you can basically create a Bow that deals 750 damage with 4 fortify archery enchants (48% dmg) on your gear.

I have always had fun in making myself very powerful in TES games and so my preferred gameplay is stealth archer ofc. To be honest the Mage is kinda bad in Skyrim because why spend 1 minute fireball spamming an enemy that you can oneshot with your bow or daggers?

That´s the main problem with vanilla Skyrim. Not that you can make yourself powerful with Enchanting and Alchemy but that your spells still do the same damage.

You can create a 1000 damage Sword that you then onehit everything with BUT you can´t make a spell that does 1000 damage !! I started a few Mages in Skyrim but I abandoned all of them after a few hours because it was silly.

Deleted
    To be honest the Mage is kinda bad in Skyrim because why spend 1 minute fireball spamming an enemy that you can oneshot with your bow or daggers?
    Actually that's not entirely true.. destruction is as OP as any other skill. It's just the master spells that are bad.

You can still boost destruction damage with potions ( which was like 140% or so without using any loops), dual cast spells stun every time, even works on dragons and it has AoE. And you only need to spend like 4-5 point in destruction to max it out for one school.

I thought destruction was kinda weak too but once I got 0 mana cost chain lightning and those pots, it was insane. It was roughly 500-600 damage per cast, it hit instantly (unlike archery), so it was easy to kill dragons from the air with it and it cleared whole packs of mobs in a few casts.

---------- Post added 2013-01-07 at 11:19 PM ----------

Can't say I agree..

I own both xbox and PC skyrim and while the modded version on PC certainly can enhance the game in many ways it's still a solid game on consoles. It was really bugged in the beginning but most of the worst has been ironed out. On a separate note, what I will say is that their blatant failure to adapt skyrim DLCs to PS3 is nothing short of pathetic.

FYI, Skyrim has sold immeasurably more on consoles than PC, so no, they don't stay in business because of the modding community.
    Last edited by Shiny212; 2013-01-08 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    FYI, Skyrim has sold immeasurably more on consoles than PC, so no, they don't stay in business because of the modding community.
    Problem is those numbers are for retail, and not digital sales.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Is there a line to the .ini file I can add to free the camera during 3rd person killmoves?

Because I sure could use one.

Deleted
    Is there a line to the .ini file I can add to free the camera during 3rd person killmoves?

Because I sure could use one.
    Is there a way to disable the ranged killmoves too? They're just bugged and start when the arrow dont actually hit (or cause it to miss). It's happened more than a few times .. I shoot something with a bow, get into killmove, my character freezes, the arrow misses and the bear or bandit or whatever I was shooting kills me while Im frozen.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Is there a way to disable the ranged killmoves too? They're just bugged and start when the arrow dont actually hit (or cause it to miss). It's happened more than a few times .. I shoot something with a bow, get into killmove, my character freezes, the arrow misses and the bear or bandit or whatever I was shooting kills me while Im frozen.
    http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/13396
    No idea if it works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hadvar is a bro. Let it be written.

Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    Hadvar is a bro. Let it be written.
    He's actually the exact same as Ralof. they even share some lines.
    Too bad both Tullius and Ulfric are assholes.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's actually the exact same as Ralof. they even share some lines.
    Too bad both Tullius and Ulfric are assholes.
    I never sided with Ralof. I should try it once. My first play (this was way back), I followed Hadvar because he had an arrow on his head lol. After that I just kept following him. What makes Hadvar such a bro is because we were initially on opposite sides - prisoner and enforcer. I did the Civil War questline once... I enjoyed it, but I'm not sure I want to do it again.

Unrelated: I'm continually amazed by what the modding community is capable of. Just 10 minutes ago I decided that I want to roleplay a charismatic adventurer (disgraced and then exiled former knight actually) trying to carve out a living in Skyrim, and I wanted to do something like Dragon Age and One Piece - pick up followers who would join me on my journey to.... whatever. No specific goal yet. I wondered how I was going to do the whole "let's stay here for a few days, help the local folks before we move on thing". Turns out there IS a mod that lets me do that. Who would've thunked??

Now I just need to find a mod that puts in voice-acted squad banter. *nostalgic sigh*
    Last edited by Fhi; 2013-01-09 at 05:24 AM.

Deleted
    I never sided with Ralof. I should try it once. My first play (this was way back), I followed Hadvar because he had an arrow on his head lol. After that I just kept following him. What makes Hadvar such a bro is because we were initially on opposite sides - prisoner and enforcer. I did the Civil War questline once... I enjoyed it, but I'm not sure I want to do it again.

Unrelated: I'm continually amazed by what the modding community is capable of. Just 10 minutes ago I decided that I want to roleplay a charismatic adventurer (disgraced and then exiled former knight actually) trying to carve out a living in Skyrim, and I wanted to do something like Dragon Age and One Piece - pick up followers who would join me on my journey to.... whatever. No specific goal yet. I wondered how I was going to do the whole "let's stay here for a few days, help the local folks before we move on thing". Turns out there IS a mod that lets me do that. Who would've thunked??

Now I just need to find a mod that puts in voice-acted squad banter. *nostalgic sigh*
    Devil Fruit mod?

Deleted

I've never followed Hadvar, he seemed like such a jerk with the "tough luck, now get to the block" attitude at the start while Ralof talked to me and was nice.As for followers, I've never used them in Skyrim other than the mandatory ones for some quests. I loved them in DA and Mass Effect games as they felt more natural, had a story and disposition and all that. Even in New Vegas they had a story and their own quests and some personality at least.

But in Skyrim, it's one of few things that is really badly done. Not only are they just some no-name pack mule NPCs with no dialogue and personality except maybe a few special lines when told to carry stuff etc. but they actually get in the way more than they help, take wrong paths, pulling everything on their way, cant keep up and just stop following sometimes and they can die, a bit too easily too(which would be bad even if I wasn't playing dead is dead). It's better to just stick to summons and carry weight enchants and have a hubby cooking dinner at my Lakeview manor, waiting for me to get home and playing with children

I would love a mod that makes followers and companions a bit more fun, diverse and actually helpful though without making them essential but also not permanently killed when they fall (maybe a resurrection spell or first aid or something). As well as some personality, banter etc. But then again I dont have high hopes for such a mod. It would need a lot of people to pull off well for the voice acting and everything.

---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 01:13 PM ----------

Doesn't work It's not being updated and doesn't seem to disable them for new versions.