I meant in how lengthy it is. Yes Alduin was significant but the mer vs. man thing's been going on for thousands of years and is coming to a head right now especially since the Thalmor have gotten control of so many towers. The Thalmor are also attempting to and capable of bringing about the end of the current reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    True, but honestly - that seemed so... Urgh I don't know - secondary really, when compared to the real conflict, being the whole Empire/Stormcloak/Thalmor thing, the fact that assassination the emperor had no effect was utterly shocking to me, and just reeked of bad story telling.
    The sense of scope and conflict has always been poorly represented in TES games. In each game everyone will cslmly go about their business despite whatever major conflict or crisis is going on. You drive the plot and very little happens when you aren't around.

In Skyrim alone I am just baffled at stuff like Thalmor hit squads being sent after you but none of the static Thalmor NPCs knowing or caring who you are. Plus the changing of leadership in the holds based on which side you support in the war has so little effect on anything it's frustrating.

And then there's how underwhelming the final battle with Alduin is...

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool looking stuff there Gecko!

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Every time I make a character to play through it ends up being a sneaky one with archery max. I'm determined to not touch either tree this play through. Going to try a barbarian warrior type with a 2-H weapon and light armor.
    Funny enough, even if I try my darndest to create a sneaky Vampire like character I always end up in full plate with a sword and shield. There's just something about being a tank in Skyrim that I really, truly enjoy.

On that note, perhaps I can share an armor mod I'm working on myself. It's a heavy WIP and is inspired from Chris Lightfellow's armor in Suikoden III. I've been working on it on and off for the last 5 months, since I'm a novice to modding and stuff. I'm also a little embarrassed to share this as it's really not in a pretty state right now. I'm having a realllllllly hard time understanding how to properly apply weights to the mesh, so a lot of the vertices in the armor (mainly in the skirt) are being weighed to the wrong bone! This results, most notably, in "spikes" in the skirt and pauldrons, not very pretty. I'm also using placeholder textures (the skirt in particular is using I think the steel armor CUIRASS texture lol) until I find out how to fix this...

As you can see, the mesh itself looks fine but in-game there are tons and tons of issues. This probably isn't the right place to ask, but does anyone have experience with weighting, or texture design? I could use some help in both areas. I'd never even modeled before until Skyrim inspired me to.
    Last edited by -aiko-; 2013-01-18 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    never even modeled before until Skyrim inspired me to.
    Shit, really? One of the finest first attempts I've ever seen. Keep it up. You will go places.

Wish I could help...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Shit, really? One of the finest first attempts I've ever seen. Keep it up. You will go places.

Wish I could help...
    Thanks! The encouragement helps more than you know~
    I was surprised at how similar 3D modeling is to actual like...clay modeling. I have a little bit of experience with that, so it was a matter of learning 3DS Max. ...Which took a long time. Don't be too impressed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Question about Skyrim on PS3:

I just saw that they're releasing the Skyrim DLC's for PS3 in February, did they ever fix the crashing and slow-down issues for the platform?

Quote Originally Posted by Dunker View Post
    Question about Skyrim on PS3:

I just saw that they're releasing the Skyrim DLC's for PS3 in February, did they ever fix the crashing and slow-down issues for the platform?
    I think they fixed a lot of the crashing bugs a long time ago. Last time I played it on ps3 though it was still slowing down in certain areas. This was maybe 4 months ago.
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I think they fixed a lot of the crashing bugs a long time ago. Last time I played it on ps3 though it was still slowing down in certain areas. This was maybe 4 months ago.
    Hmmm, I haven't played since last February when I got the platinum, and the last few hours of that were pretty excruciating. I might patch it up and see if it's any better as I missed the game but the slow-downs and crashes made it unbearable.

Thanks for the info.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wonder why there hasn't been any thought about visiting Elsweyr or Black Marsh. Seem logical seeing as how the natives are playable races
    Have you hugged a Gnome today?

Quote Originally Posted by bethofwow View Post
    Wonder why there hasn't been any thought about visiting Elsweyr or Black Marsh. Seem logical seeing as how the natives are playable races
    They just don't seem to be all that significant in Elder Scrolls lore compared to basically any human race or certain elves. Bathesda needs to get on adding more beast race lore to the game.

They just don't seem to be all that significant in Elder Scrolls lore compared to basically any human race or certain elves. Bathesda needs to get on adding more beast race lore to the game.
    Argonians need to join forces with the orcs and take over the world!

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Argonians need to join forces with the orcs and take over the world!
    Argonians are worst off. Khajiit get some lore love especially since they're allied with the Thalmor currently (and one of the few who do so willingly) but nobody really gives a crap about Argonians cause apparently Black Marsh is uninhabitable by normal folk or something.

Deleted
    Actually they shouldn't. While I like the kahjeet and even argonians well enough, I think they're more of a side attraction. Making a whole game centered on them wouldn't be smart if they want it to sell. I have to admit, I wouldn't buy it if I was new to TES games either unless it got really positive reviews. Oblivion used the great graphics(for the time) as well as the cliche medieval fantasy theme and Skyrim the whole viking and dragons theme for promotions because they're popular. But you have to admit that a game based on humanoid cat people living in a desert doesn't sound too appealing for a newcomer..

I'd rather have them make Black March and Elsweyr as DLCs or just make a new game focusing on southern areas with a larger map instead of just one province.

It's about the lore and the setting more than it is about the characters. I don't think anyone got Skyrim on the premise that you'd be playing a human Nord or Oblivion on the premise you'd be playing a human Imperial or Morrowind on the premise that you'd be playing a dark elf.

The Khajiit are a desert people. The game could be graphically astonishing and pretty dang unique considering how few games seem to focus on a desert landscape. And Khajiit lore is also pretty interesting despite how rare it is.

But at the end of the day, I'd agree that them moving away from the central ES dogma that is based around man vs. mer wouldn't be all that great.

P.S. I'm hoping that the next generation consoles will be able to handle open cities and world so we have to deal with less loading screens. PC's are already managing to do it while having a ton shorter loading screens but consoles need to catch up.

Deleted
    Actually, open cities is kinda meh.. they make almost no difference anyway. Just save you a loading screen which takes less than a second anyway if you're using SSD. But I'd love to have open buildings instead. TES having no windows and instead having these dim little panels you cant look through bothers me a lot as it not only denies the beautiful views but also shop windows or even the practical look inside a house from a window to see if anyones there before breaking in to rob it:P

Is anyone yet making DOVAHBEAR mod(s)?, Because I want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Is anyone yet making DOVAHBEAR mod(s)?, Because I want it.
    Check out the musician bear on steam workshop. Greatest thing EVAR. I'd been seeing it for a long time in videos but never got a hold of the mod until recently.

Lizbeth, I was talking more about consoles. I think with higher graphics the loading screens are probably going to stay that long. But I definitely agree that having open buildings would be amazing. Just one huge seamless experience with no loading screens. /cakepants.

Quote Originally Posted by flaks View Post
    check out the musician bear on steam workshop. Greatest thing evar. I'd been seeing it for a long time in videos but never got a hold of the mod until recently.

Lizbeth, i was talking more about consoles. I think with higher graphics the loading screens are probably going to stay that long. But i definitely agree that having open buildings would be amazing. Just one huge seamless experience with no loading screens. /cakepants.
    that is so fucking awesome ! Oo

The best part is where he grabs his lute and starts smashing people with it!!

10+ Year Old Account
    So I heard in passing today we poor PS3 users are getting all 3 DLC's next month?
    Have you hugged a Gnome today?

Quote Originally Posted by bethofwow View Post
    So I heard in passing today we poor PS3 users are getting all 3 DLC's next month?
    http://www.bethblog.com/2013/01/18/t...dawnguard-too/