Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Miraak says hi If you do the Dragonborn main quest then Herma Mora tells you that Miraak is getting too unruly and needs replacing. In the end when he kills Miraak, he even tells the player that it's an example of what happens when you cross him.

miraak went to herma mora willingly and i'm pretty sure he didn't die. i meant when the dragonborn dies, and her/his soul goes to whatever the after life is for dragons. i don't think a prince can claim a dragonborn's soul, cause that would piss off akatosh, and he'd curb stomp that prince.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valanna View Post
    What I guess I'm trying to say is that I'm disappointed by the apparent non-existence of a proper end-game in Skyrim, does anybody feel the same way I do?
    I agree. I'm using a similar build and I must admit, past lvl 30 it isn't that much of a challenge anymore. In Dragonborn, there were the Ebony Warrior and Karstaag. But other than those, there isn't a real challenge, sadly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacran Draelletius View Post
    I agree. I'm using a similar build and I must admit, past lvl 30 it isn't that much of a challenge anymore. In Dragonborn, there were the Ebony Warrior and Karstaag. But other than those, there isn't a real challenge, sadly.
    They didn't even give me a scratch either. The player can get way too powerful, even these supposed superfoes die before they even take the chance to counter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Trolling will result in the loss of your forum posting privileges, and the removal of your genitals with my teeth while I hum Oasis songs.

Yea.. the hero doesn't vanish anywhere. But to be honest, I don't know what happens to the Skyrim hero.. you make a pact with almost every daedric prince there and get their help in exchange for your service in either life or death. Even if you turn them all down or don't do the quests that need to do that, there is still the Dragonborn questline and you sort of become Herma-Mora's servant in the end to replace the old one. So even if you avoid the rest as well as the Morag Tong(lorewise they're supposed to be deadlier than 3 stooges stumbling around in the woods occasionally) and DB assassins coming after you, the Dragonborn main questline is canon.

So more than likely the hero will end up serving him instead or some other daedric prince and will be an antagonist in some future game (considering that the game was practically pushing you to become evil with all those murder quests)

The thing with the princes is that they are VERY limited when it comes to the mortal plane. Even if you make these "pacts" with the deadra, there is little they can do as long as you watch your back. Like for Molag Bal's quest, you can insult him and he basically just says to watch out or else he'll send a new champion to find you.

That's the biggest thing, like with most of the deadra quests, all that would happen is that they will find some other mortal to track the dragonborn down to exact their revenge. Which, I highly doubt some lowly bastard they find would stand much of a chance. Even Mora's power is in question when he couldn't stop Miraak himself until you practically kill the guy. So unless some uber badass makes a deal with one of the princes, the dragonborn is pretty safe.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonas View Post
    Even Mora's power is in question when he couldn't stop Miraak himself until you practically kill the guy. So unless some uber badass makes a deal with one of the princes, the dragonborn is pretty safe.
    Hermaeus Mora could have killed Miraak with a flick of any of his trillion and one tentacles whenever he wanted. The reason he didn't was to see if you would be a suitable replacement by beating the shit out of Miraak.

And yes, they are very limited by the mortal plane. Thus the full scale invasion Mehrunes Dagon had to go through. I still don't understand how Akatosh throwing Dagon back into Oblivion closed the realm off from the mortal plane forever after the amulet of kings was shattered.

Also, I'd imagine Jyggalag would have the biggest following. I think Bethesda might just have forgotten about him.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-02-26 at 05:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Just a thought, but Dragonborn is still kind of new. Shouldn't spoilers be tagged?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacran Draelletius View Post
    This is why I can't play without Deadly Dragons and SkyRe mods as well as manual tweaking to make things scale a little better. I had the exact same problem. After 30ish every dungeon became just running through the place and tapping everything once with a sword:P

Wish there were actual boss fights.. the dragon priests and others are even weaker than regular draugr and bandits.

Another thing is the loot. After finally getting the Barenziah's crown done, there were at least 3-4 gems in every urn. Mostly flawless too. Wish the game had more cash/junk sinks. For example some vendor who also sells perks with exponentially increasing cost. In vanilla Skyrim, why do you need gold anyway? The houses cost next to nothing, maybe training takes some too if you want to be a master of all skills but after that it just keeps biling up. Also potion ingredients are too easy to get.

They went in the right direction with making most enemies wear cheap armor compared to Oblivion, where every bandit had daedric and glass but in tes 6, I wish they actually make good loot valuable and rare to be appealing. In Skyrim, after you get to the chest in the end of the dungeon it's just filled with garbage. Enchanted items many times worse than you can make yourself and things you can just sell to vendors.. only you have nothing to do with the money:P
    Last edited by mmocc089ef6a74; 2013-02-26 at 07:14 PM.

Deleted
    Noticed a few odd things about Skyrim religions:P

Why do the dark elves have a temple for Boethiah and Mephala in Raven Rock? They are pure evil daedra that urge the player to kill friends or sacrifice them. It's even worse than devil worship.

Just found out that the orcs actually worship a piece of reanimated poo (it's in the varieties of faith in the empire book) :O
    The "Malacath is dung" idea also crops up in a Dark Elf text - the "Four Corners of the House of Troubles". It is likely to be biased against Malacath, as the "house of troubles" are outlined as Malacath, Mehrunes Dagon, Molag Bal and Sheogorath - who are considered a great threat to Morrowind's old clan-based system. While Azura, Boethiah and Mephala were considered "good" Daedra, which seems strange. But as Mcstunner pointed out, Boethiah and Mephala were rooted in Morrowind's old clan system, and Azura has quite a inconsistent reputation.

All that was shattered as the Red Mountain Volcano erupted, and then the Argonians invaded Morrowind while the Empire was in decline, all of which supposedly wrecked Morrowind. That would explain the Dark Elf refugees in Windhelm, although I don't know why the Argonians are there too. I haven't bought Dragonborn yet, but I find it interesting that there are still traces of that religion in Solstheim though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rainiothon View Post
    The "Malacath is dung" idea also crops up in a Dark Elf text - the "Four Corners of the House of Troubles". It is likely to be biased against Malacath, as the "house of troubles" are outlined as Malacath, Mehrunes Dagon, Molag Bal and Sheogorath - who are considered a great threat to Morrowind's old clan-based system. While Azura, Boethiah and Mephala were considered "good" Daedra, which seems strange. But as Mcstunner pointed out, Boethiah and Mephala were rooted in Morrowind's old clan system, and Azura has quite a inconsistent reputation.

All that was shattered as the Red Mountain Volcano erupted, and then the Argonians invaded Morrowind while the Empire was in decline, all of which supposedly wrecked Morrowind. That would explain the Dark Elf refugees in Windhelm, although I don't know why the Argonians are there too. I haven't bought Dragonborn yet, but I find it interesting that there are still traces of that religion in Solstheim though.
    Well, Malacath is Boethias dung, it's been said in almost every source and lorebook. Some are more polite than others about it. He wasn't even a daedric prince before becoming Malacath and was a chimer? called Trinimac before but apparently being eaten and passed out the other end by a daedric prince turns you into one according to TES lore He must have huge self-esteem issues..

Anyway, a question to those who have played Oblivion recently. I'm nearing the end of things to do in Skyrim and got really nostalgic about Oblivion, however, I remember it being even buggier and less balanced than Skyrim and Vanilla Oblivion models look dreadful. Are there any recent mods to that game that balance the gameplay as well make it look more modern?

well, one of the tales of malacath's creation says that it was because boethia disguised herself as trinimac to take the large portion of the aldmer that followed trinimac. now, this could be where "eaten" was thought up. not eaten literally, but metaphorically as in boethiah took his followers, his largest connection to the world. this very large change corrupted him, and he "fell" and became a prince. i only say that because of akavir legends of how the tsaesci "ate all the men of akavir". again, "eaten" being used as a possible metaphor for absorbing the men completely into their culture, not actually eating them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    well, one of the tales of malacath's creation says that it was because boethia disguised herself as trinimac to take the large portion of the aldmer that followed trinimac. now, this could be where "eaten" was thought up. not eaten literally, but metaphorically as in boethiah took his followers, his largest connection to the world. this very large change corrupted him, and he "fell" and became a prince. i only say that because of akavir legends of how the tsaesci "ate all the men of akavir". again, "eaten" being used as a possible metaphor for absorbing the men completely into their culture, not actually eating them.
    Well, the tsaesci are vampiric serpents so they probably literally ate the men in Akavir It's no metaphor in their case

well, in skyhaven temple, we see art work depicting akaviri soldiers. these soldiers appear to be humans. it's not 100% either way about the men of akavir, but the art work on alduin's wall would suggest there are men, they've just embraced akaviri culture. if that is the case, the "eating" would be metaphorical.

"In Mysterious Akavir by anonymous writer, the Tsaesci are told to have "tried to eat all the Dragons. They managed to enslave the Red Dragons, but the black ones had fled to (then) Po Tun". Also, the Akaviri Diary Translation of an Akaviri messenger states that during his journey to deliver orders to Fort Pale Pass he met another Akaviri messenger, stating that his leg had been badly hurt by wolves. As the Tsaesci are described as beings with humanoid upper body and snake lower bodies, to being entirely snake-like, this statement would suggest that men indeed continued to live in Akavir, even if they were enslaved by the Tsaesci. The Akaviri-made Alduin's Wall shows members of the Dragonguard appearing to be human-looking."
    Last edited by derpkitteh; 2013-02-27 at 12:04 AM.

Deleted
    well, in skyhaven temple, we see art work depicting akaviri soldiers. these soldiers appear to be humans. it's not 100% either way about the men of akavir, but the art work on alduin's wall would suggest there are men, they've just embraced akaviri culture. if that is the case, the "eating" would be metaphorical.

"In Mysterious Akavir by anonymous writer, the Tsaesci are told to have "tried to eat all the Dragons. They managed to enslave the Red Dragons, but the black ones had fled to (then) Po Tun". Also, the Akaviri Diary Translation of an Akaviri messenger states that during his journey to deliver orders to Fort Pale Pass he met another Akaviri messenger, stating that his leg had been badly hurt by wolves. As the Tsaesci are described as beings with humanoid upper body and snake lower bodies, to being entirely snake-like, this statement would suggest that men indeed continued to live in Akavir, even if they were enslaved by the Tsaesci. The Akaviri-made Alduin's Wall shows members of the Dragonguard appearing to be human-looking."
    I think it's pretty clear. Humans lived in Akavir before. The dragonguard were humans. The ones who remained in Akavir just got wiped out or eaten by the tsaesci while the ones who remained in Tamriel became the Blades and in the end mixed with locals. There's only one ingame book about Akavir though but the other one, the 2920 series is much less cryptic and clearly describes the Akaviri potentates with serpents tail, slithering around.

i'm just not sold on the "eaten" thing being so literal... but, whatever the case, i think we should go out to akavir and meet the tsaesci. they sound sexy.

I'm not sold on it being literal simply because we are talking about god-like beings, several of which we have seen manifest in multiple forms or no actual form at all. Devouring the physical manifestation of a deadric prince may have no effect at all.

wasn't trinimac an aedra before the change? perhaps boethiah's sphere of oblivion overtook trinimac's sphere of where ever the hell aedra are and that caused his corruption? idk really how the aedra's places work, just a guess really. if that's the case, you could technically say she did "eat" him then.

wasn't trinimac an aedra before the change?
    Well according to our good and now deceased friend Mankar Camoran, there are no Aedra, they're all Daedra.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

i don't even know anymore T_T

i'll be over there ---->
    reading the lusty argonian maid.

wasn't trinimac an aedra before the change? perhaps boethiah's sphere of oblivion overtook trinimac's sphere of where ever the hell aedra are and that caused his corruption? idk really how the aedra's places work, just a guess really. if that's the case, you could technically say she did "eat" him then.
    Truth be told, we don't really understand how any of the deadric planes work, even the ones we have been to and become the lords of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Truth be told, we don't really understand how any of the deadric planes work, even the ones we have been to and become the lords of.
    are they even meant to be understood?

---------- Post added 2013-02-27 at 03:11 PM ----------

also yes there should have been more money sinks in skyrim, other then leveling smithing i had no money issues, even then it was not that much of a problem