Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Anyone tried that Tropical Mod?

It looks amazing, but I hate seeing my GPU at 90-99% load, is there anyway to reduce this without putting the graphic settings on low? I normally get 60 FPS as well (on Ultra with other mods installed, like sexy whiterun and other graphical updates), but with this mod it can go as low as 15-20 and feel very choppy.
    Tried it. Birds flying into the ground and huge patches of things that just seemed...off outside Whiterun got me to change back. Its a mod worth trying but not keeping imho.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    whats the fastest way to level alc w/o mods

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Giant toes.

Hanging Moss + Bear Claws + Giant's Toe
    Blue Butterfly Wing + Blue Mountain Flower + Giant's Toe

Or boar tusks if you have Dragonborn.

Deleted
    Alchemy was always the first skill I got to 100, the fastest way was always just not using fast travel, picking up all the plants on my way and just spamming random potions. This also made me really rich, especially when coupled with 50 speech and the perk so I could sell the potions to any vendor.

---------- Post added 2013-03-20 at 05:48 PM ----------

im playing as a high elf now. its really annoying since i cant join arcano or the thalmor. so im playing it as i do what i want, with a huge preference to the high elf agenda, but if my interests go against it, i go with my interests.

but the game does kinda force u to be a nord. i mean u get to be a dragon powered viking in viking world?

im thinking if i make a 3rd, it will be agorian, orc, kitty, or redguard. who ever i pick will be an assassin type since i did nord warrior and now working on elf mage
    Yes it does. It just doesn't feel right otherwise. But then again Ive always joined stormcloaks and never used magic much. A dark elf character would fit almost as well now that the Dragonborn DLC is out though. Playing as a rival or trying to prove you're better than the nords or outdo them. For the nords, a dark elf dragonborn must also feel like a slap in the face as they always see them as inferior and take bride in Tiber Septim being a nord and a dragonborn.

I had problems leveling alchemy too for a long time. Then I read about a good way to level it just nicely. First of all remember those extremely high level combinations that were said above. The more potion price is the more alchemy xp you get from making it. So if you don't have materials to make the super expensive stuff just make invisibility, slow, paralyze and damage magic regeneration. You can practically spam those very often. Their cost is also so high that you can sell some of them and buy all the materials from alchemist. Then just craft whatever you want.

Of course you need to get the perks that increase potion quality as soon as possible. Quality is higher = Price is higher = Higher xp gained.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    I had problems leveling alchemy too for a long time. Then I read about a good way to level it just nicely. First of all remember those extremely high level combinations that were said above. The more potion price is the more alchemy xp you get from making it. So if you don't have materials to make the super expensive stuff just make invisibility, slow, paralyze and damage magic regeneration. You can practically spam those very often. Their cost is also so high that you can sell some of them and buy all the materials from alchemist. Then just craft whatever you want.

Of course you need to get the perks that increase potion quality as soon as possible. Quality is higher = Price is higher = Higher xp gained.
    Also regen health, magicka and stamina potions are very expensive.

10+ Year Old Account
    thanks for the advice!

One thing I honestly and truly hope that the next Elder Scrolls game has is NO LOADING SCREENS. Just continuous play with no interruptions and walking between world spaces without pause. I want to be able to open the door to my house and step inside and then step right back out. Why? Because I can. And then houses could have functional windows. Windows you can see outside through. You know, because that's what they're for!

Also the ability to go anywhere, do anything, kill anyone, and have realistic consequences and reactions form the world and its people. Of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    One thing I honestly and truly hope that the next Elder Scrolls game has is NO LOADING SCREENS. Just continuous play with no interruptions and walking between world spaces without pause. I want to be able to open the door to my house and step inside and then step right back out. Why? Because I can. And then houses could have functional windows. Windows you can see outside through. You know, because that's what they're for!
    Console limitations.

Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    Console limitations.
    *climbs onto a mountain top*

FUCK CONSOLES!

*climbs back down and sighs*

Except consoles probably make up a lot more sales then PC... So that's not going to happen...

10+ Year Old Account

FUCK CONSOLES!

Except consoles probably make up a lot more sales then PC... So that's not going to happen...
    Same...
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account

Also the ability to go anywhere, do anything, kill anyone, and have realistic consequences and reactions form the world and its people. Of course.
    There are mods for Oblivion that eliminate loading screens for cities. The reason why you wouldn't be able to have it possible out of the box is because it would be so resource intensive that you would cut off players on less powerful machines.

10+ Year Old Account

FUCK CONSOLES!

Bah consoles!

No disrespect to people here who play on consoles, but The Elder Scrolls games are so much better on PC's (if you have one that can run them -_-).
    That fabric softener teddy bear...oooh I'm 'a hunt that little bitch down.

10+ Year Old Account

FUCK CONSOLES!

I laughed, that was funny.

But yeah, they need to make separate versions for consoles and PCs - one optimized for consoles, one more that makes use of PC's expensive, picky hardware. I don't play many video games, and will admit don't quite know much about them, but I'm sure some games I've played in the past exist on the console too. Why must it be one or the other?

10+ Year Old Account

I thought this was the case in Morrowind? I never played much of Oblivion and only a bit of Skyrim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should also point out that the prospect of absolute freedom is as much a development issue as it is a hardware issue. Making everything have realistic consequences and having every character react realistically isn't likely to come around for awhile, even with the most powerful PC's.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    Should also point out that the prospect of absolute freedom is as much a development issue as it is a hardware issue. Making everything have realistic consequences and having every character react realistically isn't likely to come around for awhile, even with the most powerful PC's.
    Yea that's all in the AI and we can hardly make animals do that let alone computers.

Part of what makes Skyrim so great is that the world really is living. The characters and events in some scenarios are reactionary instead of being scripted. This alone is way ahead of its time me thinks.
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Yea that's all in the AI and we can hardly make animals do that let alone computers.

Part of what makes Skyrim so great is that the world really is living. The characters and events in some scenarios are reactionary instead of being scripted. This alone is way ahead of its time me thinks.
    True, though problems do pop up with Bethesda's efforts. A side effect of having emergent AI systems (I think that's the right term) running is that they're going to have a lot of bugs that they just can't plan for. Fortunately, not all of them are bad.

So ever since I've downloaded the 4 most amazing mods I keep getting crashes not only with CTD but also with my monitor randomly going to sleep or my entire computer shutting down and restarting. Idk what's up and how to fix it. 4 mods are: skyrim immersive creatures, deadly dragons, dragon combat overhaul and asis. I did the deadly dragon/asis fix that's said on the mod page and I've tried turning the mods off and on testing them through and through. Maybe its also a problem with SPERG (perk overhaul mod) because everytime I turn it off my main save game that I've played mostly with that on refuses to load.

Deleted
    Are the crashes consistent or random? Try to time your CTD and see if it crashes the game after about the same amount of playtime. If the CTD always comes after around X amount of time then it's most likely overheating. In that case you've pushed your system too far either through ini tweaks or loading too many mods at once.

Edit: Actually since your screen randomly goes into sleep mode and you have CTD's I know for a fact that your GPU is overheating. :P
    It's most likely because of dust. Do you know how to clean your computer? Do it!

Here's a guide: http://s1.zetaboards.com/bbenlibrary...3396114/1/#new

And here's a boring video about it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BovgvppZX4k
    Last edited by mmoc098be2d235; 2013-03-22 at 01:07 AM.