The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Also, for me at least, the gameplay gets a little dull around level 40 or so. I much prefer the low level when you have to scrape together cash, run extra job, manage your inventory to carry back the most valuable loot, ect...At 70 I don't even loot corpses. I take a peek to see what they have and maybe grab a lockpick or gem
    I think that comes from the our hoarding nature from other games, which in turn results in the game becoming a loot grind. At some point you have so many diamonds in your chests over 8 bases that picking up another diamond seems tedious. It happens in all games. I've had similar things in Terraria, where I have so much loot and all the best items and that's sorta the end. The good part about Skyrim is that there is still content to experience once you've reached that point. I would be highly curious in a mod that adds more ore, more gems, and then doubles the crafting capability in combination with increasing mob difficulty. Effectively extending the playability artificially.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Has anyone else had this issue?
    When I searched for your issue, I found this:
    I had this same problem. Turns out I had forgotten to copy the scripts folder from the "00 - Required Scripts" folder into the data folder for Skyrim. Once I did that, it fixed the issue.
    http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.ph...to-pick-locks/ Perhaps it may help?
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Hmm... I could have sworn I had put that in there as well. But I will most certainly check asap.
    I recommend using the nexus mod manager to install Skyrim mods, never had any issues with it and pretty much every single Skyrim mod works with it, not to mention it makes it all much simpler to install and manage.

Here's the link to it. :P
    Last edited by mmoc40f44cec44; 2014-01-07 at 07:19 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vathdar View Post
    I recommend using the nexus mod manager to install Skyrim mods, never had any issues with it and pretty much every single Skyrim mod works with it, not to mention it makes it all much simpler to install and manage.
    Yep. Even if you download the archive file manually, the program can still install it without you doing any manual extraction.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vathdar View Post
    This is definitely what I would recommend. I started off doing it all manually with mixed success. When I found out about NMM, things got a lot easier. =)

I tried playing again but the game keeps on crashing during character creation. I know it's one of my mods but just don't know which one.

That's why I find BOSS and Wrye Bash invaluable when using multiple mods, they minimize any potential conflicts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    This is definitely what I would recommend. I started off doing it all manually with mixed success. When I found out about NMM, things got a lot easier. =)
    Yeah, same and never going back to it, the manager just ironically makes managing your mods so much easier, especially with how it separates them into separate categories for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I tried playing again but the game keeps on crashing during character creation. I know it's one of my mods but just don't know which one.
    Might just be an issue with the load order, are you using the load order sorting program?
    otherwise there's nothing to do but troubleshoot it, took me a while to figure out what was causing some of the guard heads to be invisible.

I actually have it! I had a problem where for some reason, and only when downloading SkyRE, I couldn't reach the download server. I tried over the course of several days and it just wasn't working for me.
    Yeah, it can be finicky with downloads sometimes, but so can the nexus download servers.

Wasnt that mylak?

If you don't have a lot of mods and are using Nexus Mod manager, you can just check each one of the mods in the Plugin tab and see if you have the Masters required. I crashed on character creation screen when my "Better Quest Objectives" mod didn't have the "Unoffical Skyrim Patch" master file.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    My skyrim was crashing on a new character with the dovakhim hideout. once removed, played like a charm.

Wow. I have "tried to play" Skyrim a couple of times but didn't get impressed at all due to the low graphics (the original). Then I bought the Legendary Edition on Steam, found Nexusmods with texture packs, ligthing mods and ENB.. and now I feel like just riding around on my horse in Skyrim forever 0_0. The story is just amazing and the characters feel so alive. Also got quite addicted to reading books, something I never do IRL

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by himlaklar View Post
    Wow. I have "tried to play" Skyrim a couple of times but didn't get impressed at all due to the low graphics (the original). Then I bought the Legendary Edition on Steam, found Nexusmods with texture packs, ligthing mods and ENB.. and now I feel like just riding around on my horse in Skyrim forever 0_0. The story is just amazing and the characters feel so alive. Also got quite addicted to reading books, something I never do IRL
    What's funny is that I had the same reaction after DL'ing all the textures, lighting effects, ect...and my reaction was basically that of your avatar.

Deleted
    I loved skyrim on the Xbox, got all the DLCs and completed most of the game. However i got the Legendary edition on steam for £10 and yeah, installed all these mods and im hooked! i've never had such replay value from a game, plus all the extra content you can add in!

Just installed Falskarr which apparently is 20+ hours of gameplay so lets hope its good

So Skyrim is also comming for next gen consoles if you go by their homepage. I hope they include all the dlc if thats the case. Could also be BS we will see.

Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2014-01-09 at 11:49 AM.

i'd much prefer the announcement of the next elder scrolls game... the final battle between the dominion and the empire.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i'd much prefer the announcement of the next elder scrolls game... the final battle between the dominion and the empire.
    Doubt we will see that for a while. I would guess the next Bethesda game is going to be a Fallout one.

I would LOVE for this to happen, but Fallout is the next game they are working on I believe.

I don't think there's going to be such a battle. The Empire is collapsing just fine already, the Dominion doesn't need to do anything overt to help it along. I expect that by the next game the Empire will have been reduced to Cyrodiil alone, if even that. Should make for Interesting Times.

Yeah that would be nice but i think next game by bethesda will be a new fallout game. So i think we will have to wait a while for some more elderscrolls if you dont count the mmo that is.

Deleted
    They've said on twitter now that the PS4/Xone thing was a bug

https://twitter.com/DCDeacon/status/421260384994328576