Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    They've said on twitter now that the PS4/Xone thing was a bug

https://twitter.com/DCDeacon/status/421260384994328576
    Ah ok that cleared things up, would be nice to have but i doubt many would buy it as most already have it/or have played it already.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i'd much prefer the announcement of the next elder scrolls game... the final battle between the dominion and the empire.
    Final battle between 5 Dominion and 5 Empire soldiers
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Once View Post
    I don't think there's going to be such a battle. The Empire is collapsing just fine already, the Dominion doesn't need to do anything overt to help it along. I expect that by the next game the Empire will have been reduced to Cyrodiil alone, if even that. Should make for Interesting Times.
    well, it'd be less of a battle against the empire, and more about just killing every human they can find, considering their plans to return to aetherius. but right now the empire is the biggest thing standing in their way.

i've always said it'd be cool if skyrim is split from the empire in lore, that way during the final conflict, skyrim, hammerfell, and what's left of the empire could work together in the final fight that will decide the fate of the planet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Final battle between 5 Dominion and 5 Empire soldiers
    yeah, the next elder scrolls game will be on nextgen consoles, and pretty late into the game too. so i'd be willing to bet you could get massive battles in the next one.

the civil war was very diminished by the limited amount of soldiers though, just gotta be hopeful it'll be different next time.

yeah, the next elder scrolls game will be on nextgen consoles, and pretty late into the game too. so i'd be willing to bet you could get massive battles in the next one.

the civil war was very diminished by the limited amount of soldiers though, just gotta be hopeful it'll be different next time.
    Morrowind had 5 vs 5 man battles. Oblivion was next gen game of the time and had 5 vs 5 men battle. Skyrim was late of that same gen and after loads of optimization and still had 5 vs 5 men battles.

If I was you I'd not get hopes up.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

well, it'd be less of a battle against the empire, and more about just killing every human they can find, considering their plans to return to aetherius. but right now the empire is the biggest thing standing in their way.
    Maybe. As for as I'm aware there has been no information on the Thalmor endgame, just speculation on possible goals and motivations based upon Altmer views of the nature of the mortal world. Even outlawing Talos is easily explained as a very successful divide and conquer strategy without needing to bring up an overarching plot to destroy the world (and summoning the specter of Kirkbride's unofficial lore) which has yet to be revealed as anything more than speculation.

Morrowind had 5 vs 5 man battles. Oblivion was next gen game of the time and had 5 vs 5 men battle. Skyrim was late of that same gen and after loads of optimization and still had 5 vs 5 men battles.

If I was you I'd not get hopes up.
    there's like, 15 or 20 guys from both factions at the fort battles. going 1v5 only happens around bandits, and that's probably because they don't want you to get overwhelmed. dawnguard also has a huge battle if you join the dawnguard, more than 5v5. i'm pretty sure i've only seen one 5v5 actually, when you're helping either ralof or hadvar take the wagon of supplies.

there's like, 15 or 20 guys from both factions at the fort battles. going 1v5 only happens around bandits, and that's probably because they don't want you to get overwhelmed. dawnguard also has a huge battle if you join the dawnguard, more than 5v5. i'm pretty sure i've only seen one 5v5 actually, when you're helping either ralof or hadvar take the wagon of supplies.
    It was a hyperbole to make up a point, not literal. Chances of you seeing anything above pretty much squad versus squad scale of battles are extremely slim at best.

It was a hyperbole to make up a point, not literal. Chances of you seeing anything above pretty much squad versus squad scale of battles are extremely slim at best.
    well, i'm confident that if the next elder scrolls game is the conclusion of the dominion and empire's war, they'll do what they need to, to show the epicness of such a gigantic and long awaited fight.

Getting a weird problem. Cant recharge my weapons anymore anyone know why? All of a sudden that "t" button dissapeared from the menu. Pressing T does nothing. Checked the controls and it its mapped to the same thing its always been, "wait".

??

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Getting a weird problem. Cant recharge my weapons anymore anyone know why? All of a sudden that "t" button dissapeared from the menu. Pressing T does nothing. Checked the controls and it its mapped to the same thing its always been, "wait".

??
    ok, this is gonna sound retarded, and i apologize if you think i'm insulting your intelligence, but do you have filled soul gems?

if you do, then it might be a save corruption of some sort. they've always managed to manifest in the most tiny ways for me T_T

Yeah i have filled soul stones but save corruption? I been too far now with this thing and my weapons juice is almost run dry i dont wanna go all the way back on the saves lol...

Also what are the best 2 enchants? Running with crossbow now and have on there fire and frost damage.

well, if a relog doesn't fix it, it's probably a save corruption of some form. i always get them in th emost random, insignificant ways.

as for the best enchants, i'm not really good with that stuff. i usually just go fire or health drain.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I finally finished enough with my main character that I was ready to start over. One of the big mods I wanted to try out was the SkyRe (Skryim Redone) that overhauls the Perk system. I have to say, after only briefly looking through it, I really like the changes I've seen. There are some really cool features like integrating Pickpocket and Lockpicking into Fingersmith and adding a Shout Buff line to the Speech tree. I'm going to have some fun playing through with the new Perk system (although with the plethora of other mods I added in I think the stability of my game is in the "questionable" category).

Another mod I DL'd that looked cool was one that adds in the character Viconia from BG2. Yes, this is lore breaking...but in the mod's defense its also been somewhat adapted for Skyrim lore. Apparently there is a pretty epic questline associated with her and they got the voice actress who did SWTOR's Female BH to do all the voice acting for Viconia which is cool. I didn't get to mess around with her much, but I did notice she tells me that I smell a lot. That makes me sad. But she does have a lot to say depending on what setting you're in, and that is pretty neat.

I finally managed to make a character I like after spending almost 2 days messing with addons and installing/uninstalling e.t.c. Now I am on a 6 hours straight gaming without even notice it...you can really get "lost" inside this game..and btw this is my char after so much tries

If you like it, ask me what mods, e.t.c. going back to sneak in some houses and pickpocket people to increase sneak and pickpocketing
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    So I finally finished enough with my main character that I was ready to start over. One of the big mods I wanted to try out was the SkyRe (Skryim Redone) that overhauls the Perk system. I have to say, after only briefly looking through it, I really like the changes I've seen. There are some really cool features like integrating Pickpocket and Lockpicking into Fingersmith and adding a Shout Buff line to the Speech tree. I'm going to have some fun playing through with the new Perk system (although with the plethora of other mods I added in I think the stability of my game is in the "questionable" category).

Another mod I DL'd that looked cool was one that adds in the character Viconia from BG2. Yes, this is lore breaking...but in the mod's defense its also been somewhat adapted for Skyrim lore. Apparently there is a pretty epic questline associated with her and they got the voice actress who did SWTOR's Female BH to do all the voice acting for Viconia which is cool. I didn't get to mess around with her much, but I did notice she tells me that I smell a lot. That makes me sad. But she does have a lot to say depending on what setting you're in, and that is pretty neat.
    I have skyrim redone aswell, it's really good. I am enjoying the game much more ever since I got it. The options are interesting and the new weapons give the game more challenge. Especially those crossbows are just ugh, but they make the game alot more fun and adds some more tactical depth.

Essential mod-list to make Skyrim enjoyable:

Unnofficial Skyrim/Dawnguard/Hearthfire/Dragonborn Patch - bug fixes
    True Compass - Removes all map markers other than those of North, East, West and South
    Even Better Quest-texts - To compensate lazy of Bethesda and add proper directions for quests (Fuck their reliance on compass sign)
    SkyUI - To make the clusterfuck of UI manageable and less scroll heavy
    Deadly Dragons - Change dragons from derp to actual interesting encounters
    Morrowloot - To add loads and loads of new items throughought the world
    Requiem - Total overhaul of the perk and skill system, along with removing level scaling and re-balancing mobs accordingly. A bit like SkyRe but for more hard-coreish taste and personally I find the balance in this vastly superior.

With those, otherwise 30 hour game can be changed into endless fun.

Hmm, yeah I think I'll use Requiem for my next playthrough (that I keep postponing). There's a nice video guide to it here, by the way.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

I think i ruined the game lol. Made really strong gear from enchanting and 4 shotted miraak with the enhance dwarven cross bow upgraded. Was expecting it to be tough for a boss fight but didnt break a sweat lol.

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    I think i ruined the game lol. Made really strong gear from enchanting and 4 shotted miraak with the enhance dwarven cross bow upgraded. Was expecting it to be tough for a boss fight but didnt break a sweat lol.
    Enchanting, Blacksmithing but especially Alchemy can easily make you overpowered in the (vanilla)game.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    Hi guys, so I haven't played this game since it came out and I decided it's time to reinstall it! When I played it I didn't use any mods, and I've heard nowadays people play with quite a few of them.

Is there any mods that you guys would recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Enchanting, Blacksmithing but especially Alchemy can easily make you overpowered in the (vanilla)game.
    Yes I remember this aswell. Is there any mods to fix this?