15+ Year Old Account

Skyrim "must have" mods?

Hi! So, I completed Skyrim when it came out without any mods, but I've decided to do another playthrough and was wondering which mods I should get?

I've heard the game is much better with mods, but I don't want anything that changes the gameplay or story too much, simply the best ones that compliment the original game (if that makes sense?).

Any suggestions?

10+ Year Old Account
    The beauty of modding Skyrim is that you can customize the game to your personal tastes. With that in mind, my "best mods" might be crap to you and vice versa. Having said that, here is a good place to start if you are new to modding:

http://www.tesgeneral.com/

Also, check the Megathread on Skyrim. Its basically all about Modding at this point.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    SkyUI absolutely must have.

otherwise, i would suggest arrowsmith to craft arrow rather than loot them (if you play with a bow)
    A mod that allow you to smelt weapon and heavy armor to get the metal or "uncraft" leather armor to get the leather (forgot the name)
    A mod that allow enemy npc to level beyond 30-35. Otherwise skyrim become far too easy past 40.
    If you don't have dragonborn DLC, there is a mod that allow you to craft the dragonbone weapon.
    Last edited by Vankrys; 2014-05-06 at 03:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    go to the megathread

15+ Year Old Account
    Alright, thanks for all the links and tips, will try with SkyUI and a few others I found from your suggestions

I wanna recommend Skyrim Redone (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/9286)

Installed it about a week ago and it's really brilliant and brings espicially alot to the skill trees

and of course SkyUI as mentioned, can't play without that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lushious View Post
    I wanna recommend Skyrim Redone (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/9286)

Installed it about a week ago and it's really brilliant and brings espicially alot to the skill trees

and of course SkyUI as mentioned, can't play without that

Originally I was opposed to SkyRe and didn't believe the whole line of "after using it, I can't see playing without it". Well, after using it for months and months I can honestly say, after using it I can't see playing without it. The perk overhaul alone is perfect and makes perk selection much more interesting and meaningful (imo). It does make things harder though, and it does make Sneak characters more difficult by making the actual Sneak skill more difficult. But this is a good thing!

Skyrim Redone, Frostfall Hypothermia, graphic mods, companion overhaul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Skyrim Redone, Frostfall Hypothermia, graphic mods, companion overhaul.
    So Frostfall and Realistic Needs & Diseases are 2 AWESOME realism mods. I recommend everyone trying them out at least once. That being said, Frostfall is also extremely tedious. The cold factor is awesome, and the need to stay warm is great for immersion...but after about of week I found I was more annoyed by the mechanic than enthralled. It wasn't my cup of tea, but is definitely something worth experiencing.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Whatever game bethesda makes next they need to make it where it doesnt break so easily update my mods and it breaks skyrim >.>
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    Whatever game bethesda makes next they need to make it where it doesnt break so easily update my mods and it breaks skyrim >.>
    Bugs in Bethesda games are like...part of the equation. No one who has played a bunch of their old games expects anything less.

However, as far as breaking Skyrim...that's your mods problem and not Skyrim's. If you are using big mods that set up new Frameworks or intricate scripts then they might not play well with one another. There's nothing Bethesda can do about making all mods play well with one another since, by definition, mods are all created as 3rd party add-ons.

Skyrim Redone is going to be succeeded by the author's new project called Perkus Maximus. I don't know when it's going to be released, but several months ago he said it was about 50% done.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Gecko View Post
    Skyrim Redone is going to be succeeded by the author's new project called Perkus Maximus. I don't know when it's going to be released, but several months ago he said it was about 50% done.
    I am happy he does gameplay overhauls and not graphic overheauls :-D
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Perku...59386007477567

10+ Year Old Account
    Dragon Combat Overhaul XD had a dragon flying over a bandit fort and every time he flew over he shook the entire building
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Well.. dam.. now i have seen everything.. My companions are fighting each other xD Illia and skjel the grey. Illia did some ice AoE then skjel got mad i guess xD
    But still why are they fighting xD diden't know companions could fight each other

Edit: apprently the frost giant minion skjel summoned is attackable so she was fighting that not Skjel xD
    Last edited by Nalam the Venom; 2014-05-13 at 07:59 PM.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

So , i just had the weirdest thing happen. I just entered Ustengrav, and kill them two mages with my bow from stealth. I quicksave and i get a CTD, no error message, i try restarting my computer and try again, same result, i do a validation and try again, same result. I decide to change tactic and charge in with a two-hander, quicksave and no problem.

Anyone tried something similar or know of a possible explanation?

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Found a new mod I like. I won't say its a game changer, but its pretty cool if you are going for a Ranger/Druid/Wilderness build.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50698/?

Tame the Beasts of Skyrim II

Basically it lets you play a Beastmaster if you want. You can capture, tame, and train Beasts and Monsters (some Magical ones). It also contains a Breeding system where you can produce offspring with better stats than the parents. You can level the Pet so that it increases in strength, and there are special quests for uniquely skinned and statted Beasts. You control the animals via spells as well. Its basically a Pokémon-in-Skyrim type of mod.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm...

...decided to start Skyrim again, with bunch of mods this time. But for some reason my game crashes as soon as I try to load my save after running ReProccer with Immersive Weapons and Armors. Kept doing that even after uninstalling every single mod.

Luckily I was wise and took back-up clean copy of the game before starting to mess up with mods, so I didn't need to download the game again. But if I run the game without using the ReProccer... nothing odd happens and I can play normally, but sadly all added Immersive items are pure shit and not worth using due low armor and damage.

I'll probably need to try again tomorrow, my brothers game is working just fine with it... I wonder why mine kept crashing.