Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Just got Skyrim Legendary Edition for 10€ @ Steam Sales =3
    Time to mod the damn thing all over again ~ what are the MUST HAVE mods you guys recommend?
    I can't really remember the ones I used before xD
    For starters you can remedy the completely gutted sound (I don't think people truly realize just how many corners they cut here just to give more resources to visuals on consoles) by downloading my sound overhaul: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/54387/?

Just got Skyrim Legendary Edition
    Time to mod the damn thing all over again ~ what are the MUST HAVE mods you guys recommend?
    Requiem is the mod I recommend the most. It makes the combat tougher (archers and two-handers will one-shot you) but more exciting, and revamps the skills to make them harder to raise but much more rewarding when you do so. I hated it at first, but now I can't play without it!

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ya know, first I was like... meh mods that change the gameplay =/
    Now that I started a new character, I'm like meh... I really need to make shit different =(

Downloading it right now.
    Make sure you pick up Live Another Life too so that you can really change up the fundamental approach. Combined with SkyRE it's almost like an entirely different game. You can even play without dragons for a huge chunk of the game if you simply don't do the quest to put you on the main path. Makes exploration more enjoyable while letting you focus on the other aspects of the game instead of ermhagerd dragonz and fusrodaaaaaz
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Woah, I just edited my post, how did u manage to understand what I wrote?
    Holy hell... so, skyre, requiem and live another life?
    SkyRe and Requiem are similar, but not compatible mods. Look at the difference between what they offer and see which sounds more like what you are going for. Here's a reddit thread that discusses it a little. Definitely do Live Another Life though, because it starts you somewhere of your choosing in a 'scenario' instead of the same boring cutscene and immediate dragons in your face.
    BAD WOLF

if you wanna mod skyrim right, you need to spend a week reading about it. you won't, so you'll have problems and you'll kill game saves, but if you do that will make it more enjoyable when you start playing

unmodded skyrim is shit that's not worth playing though

Just thought I'd point out that the mod author of SKYRE T3nd0, is working along with more modding community legends for a full story mod featuring Mannimarco. And of course, PerMa (Perkus Maximus) the spiritual successor of Skyre. In fact, I'm eagerly waiting for those two to come out before my next playthrough.

Deleted
    Guys, just got skyrim and i'm wondering what the best race is to be a tank?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by T4 Explosive Gaming View Post
    be a tank?
    This might sound like a stupid question, but you know Skyrim isn't an MMO right? do you just mean you want to fight with sword and board?
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    This might sound like a stupid question, but you know Skyrim isn't an MMO right? do you just mean you want to fight with sword and board?
    Oh sorry, I know its not an MMO, I just thought Tank would be a good way to sum up how I want to play (Take Heavy damage, Heavy Armor, Etc...)

10+ Year Old Account
    Just got Skyrim Legendary Edition for 10€ @ Steam Sales =3
    http://www.asot.es/2001/09/skyrim-mods.html

That guy has far and away the nicest mod setups I've ever seen. Makes the game look real. But he also changes them frequently to get perfect screenshots
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Deleted

Skyrim - Race fits to which 'Class'?

I'm making my character on Skyrim and i'm just wondering if anybody could tell me which Race fits to which class, I mean class in the way you would pick a character in an MMO, Such as: A warrior wears heavy armor and fights melee, A hunter fights at a range with a pet, A mage/warlock/shaman uses spells and fights at a distance and a rogue is stealth attack with daggers etc...
    So if you get my jist could you match up the races in Skyrim to the suited class out of them mentioned above? If it helps i'm looking to be a Warrior or Tank sort of class (Heavy Armor, Take a lot of damage, maybe do a lot of damage)
    Any help would be great cheers

- - - Updated - - -

What are the best mods for just improved graphics? I don't really want to get anything additional to the game until i've fully played it through

I'm making my character on Skyrim and i'm just wondering if anybody could tell me which Race fits to which class, I mean class in the way you would pick a character in an MMO, Such as: A warrior wears heavy armor and fights melee, A hunter fights at a range with a pet, A mage/warlock/shaman uses spells and fights at a distance and a rogue is stealth attack with daggers etc...
    So if you get my jist could you match up the races in Skyrim to the suited class out of them mentioned above? If it helps i'm looking to be a Warrior or Tank sort of class (Heavy Armor, Take a lot of damage, maybe do a lot of damage)
    It's an open skill-based game. Just use what you want to be good at, and the skills will level. Most racials end up making very little difference over time (depending on mods - always an important caveat). Play whatever you want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh sorry, I know its not an MMO, I just thought Tank would be a good way to sum up how I want to play (Take Heavy damage, Heavy Armor, Etc...)
    That makes sense, just making sure. Really anything you choose will be fine in an unmodded game because you will gain increased skill with armor and weapons by using them and then putting pts in them when you level up.
    BAD WOLF

There are actually some mods on GEMS that add class templates, if you are really hell-bent on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys, just got skyrim and i'm wondering what the best race is to be a tank?
    No class gets gamechanging bonuses, just a few boosts to certain skills. If you are looking for the Sword & Shield (OP weapon set up) with Heavy Armor, best bet would be to go Nord or Orc since they get bonuses. After that you just have to choose more HP than Stamina and Magicka options when you level up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    After that you just have to choose more HP than Stamina and Magicka options when you level up.
    You will want a decent bit of stamina for shield bashes and whatnot.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    You will want a decent bit of stamina for shield bashes and whatnot.
    The thing that is totally unfair about how Melee and Magic are handled is that if you have a sliver of Stamina you can do a Power Attach or Shield Bash. But as a Mage, you have to have the full Mana cost to cast the Spell. Its one of the reasons Magic is gimped in Skyrim compared to just being an Archer or Melee build.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing that is totally unfair about how Melee and Magic are handled is that if you have a sliver of Stamina you can do a Power Attach or Shield Bash. But as a Mage, you have to have the full Mana cost to cast the Spell. Its one of the reasons Magic is gimped in Skyrim compared to just being an Archer or Melee build.
    Archery is the best b/c you also get talents to slow time so that bar lasts fooorreeever. It's how I wanted to play, so I wasn't really bothered by the ease. It actually made my first play highly enjoyable. Stealth archery is so OP in vanilla, it's not even funny.
    BAD WOLF

Most combat mods (Skyre, Deadly Combat, etc) change this, fwiw. They make investing in stamina much more important.

Okay, so i recently started a new playthrough, all was going fine until i started the civil war quest line(after about 65 hours playtime), where i got stuck at "message to Whiterun" where you have to report to legate cipius. When i tried talking to him he would just give me generic imperial soldier lines. I tried starting a new game, same thing happens, tried starting a new game in a fresh install with no mods, and it still happens.

Anyone got any possible ways to fix that?