Well, after a while i stepped (pun intended) on the S.T.E.P. guide and i decided to give it a try.

I'vce downloaded like 200 mods and i'm only half the way of installing them, and i'm like extremely slow/careful since given the increadible amount of textures/resources i have so much fear of screwing everything

When i've finally finished, i'll post results (either screenshots of the game or my rig on fire, depending on final results).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are crashing and want to know what mod(s) are the culprits, use Wrye Bash. It will tell you if something is incompatible, if a dependency is missing, ect...It should help you narrow it down.

Finally finished to download/install everything, and i'm giving the game a start after mod sorting/cleaning.

Must say, i had expected a lot better quality/realism, but in the end i installed addons that oimproved a lot the Skyrim experience without going much away from the Vanilla feeling. Will play some more, maybe during combat/playing actually it turns out better than percieved right now.

Also my pc hasn't catch fire so it's good
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2014-07-07 at 07:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Must say, i had expected a lot better quality/realism, but in the end i installed addons that oimproved a lot the Skyrim experience without going much away from the Vanilla feeling. Will play some more, maybe during combat/playing actually it turns out better than percieved right now.
    One thing to note, if you are looking at screenshots and wanting your game to look like that...well 9 times out of 10 the screen shot is using a specific ENB and has had all the settings tweaked so that its perfect for that one angle. So you will be hard pressed to getting it looking hyper-realistic.

That being said, there are a lot of graphic overhauls to experiment with and ENB presets to check out that can improve graphics and induces multiple eyegasms.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I found that the Skyrim Imaginator mod improved the game with less performance issues than any ENB I've ever seen. Plus the ability to tweak it in game, seeing your changes in real time. I never realized how bleak and washed out the game was until I made colors pop with that thing. Combined with all the 'usual' graphics mods like the 2k textures, the various mesh improvements, etc. It actually looks like a fantasy game now and the world is...frankly amazing. I should have never installed this again, because it's pulling me away from my new games.
    BAD WOLF

Thanks for the suggestions. As for now, the game looks pretty good without a huge impact on the perfomance - will try the imaginator addon so i can check directly in game how it turns.

Digging around the interwebz i found this reference http://www.asot.es/2001/09/skyrim-mods.html which looks gorgeous (though i don't think my pc can handle it, ENB settings or not). Imgur gallery here (take it as WarpedAcorn said, extreme tweaking for a single photo).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I should have never installed this again, because it's pulling me away from my new games.
    Yeah....yeah....

<_<

>_>

Eh, the mods alone don't do much, a lot is done via the ENB tweaking which i'm not good at and i need to get my hand better on them.

For the rest, here's a screenshot of my new character. Not much quality and such, but i'm pretty happy with the outcome - also perfomarne impact is minimal, hence the game goes fluid and without problems.

EDIT: any way to change the default destination of screenshots? Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your character looks like someone out of Borderlands. All hail the new Psycho Queen! =)

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only one that wishes more modders would use the steam workshop. I personally hate manually adding mods.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Am I the only one that wishes more modders would use the steam workshop. I personally hate manually adding mods.
    Yup which is why I'd use a mod manager to deal with that nexus mod manager or mod organizer.

The problem with Steam is that it will auto update your mods, which can break save games if the modder made significant changes. This happened when apocalypse spells moved from 4->5 and upset a lot of people.
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    The problem with Steam is that it will auto update your mods, which can break save games if the modder made significant changes. This happened when apocalypse spells moved from 4->5 and upset a lot of people.
    can't you turn off the auto updates in Steam?

Probably, but a lot of people won't....and then when their game breaks they get pissed at the mod author.
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Your character looks like someone out of Borderlands. All hail the new Psycho Queen! =)
    Haha you made me realize this right now

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    I use Mod organizer - really good manager plus you can bake into it advanced features like BOSS checking, Wyre Bash and TES5Edit for mod cleaning (a thing i always ignored but man it really has advantages).

With MO specifically you can directly launch Skyrim throguh SKSE and have everything ready and tidy in one place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    This is a big one. If you use a bunch of mods that all use the framework of another mod, then the framework upgrades, you are left with a bunch of little broken mods until the creators get in and fix compatibility. Sometimes the framework upgrades are not worth losing the older mods as well.

What you have is a spectrum with Ease on one end and Control on the other. Personally, I'd rather spend hours upon hours (which I have) modding my game the way I want in order to maintain that control. Although it takes longer and requires research at times, I think its worth it (and for me part of the fun).

Deleted
    This is a really cool mod called Familiar Faces, it lets you put your characters into your different saves and allows you to make companions or enemies out of them.

FFFF S.T.E.P. just released yesterday a new updated guide.

Now i'm torn between reinstalling everything or just play while i wait for the 2.3.0 (which should be a huge overhaul) to take on all the addon installing/cleaning process again.

Since they've switched from BOSS to LOOT, it would be better to just do a clean install. Very likely going to just download the game client again and keep a vanilla installation away to avoid the long download every time.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    wasted $20 on dragonborn T-T forgot about all the crashs and crap that skyrim does
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    wasted $20 on dragonborn T-T forgot about all the crashs and crap that skyrim does
    Unofficial Patches are the way to go!!