1996 : Dagerfall
    2002 : Morrowind (6 years)
    2006 : Oblivion (4 years)
    2011 : Skyrim (5 years)

Since Dagerfall, Bethesda has had more or less a 5 years development cycle, can we hope a new Elder Scroll in 2016 ?

(I know I know, it's not very likely, but a cat can dream...)

Quote Originally Posted by Mando View Post
    1996 : Dagerfall
    2002 : Morrowind (6 years)
    2006 : Oblivion (4 years)
    2011 : Skyrim (5 years)

Since Dagerfall, Bethesda has had more or less a 5 years development cycle, can we hope a new Elder Scroll in 2016 ?

(I know I know, it's not very likely, but a cat can dream...)
    depends if Bethesda was working on fallout and did not let some other studio like obsidian make it.

Quote Originally Posted by smackyslap View Post
    depends if Bethesda was working on fallout and did not let some other studio like obsidian make it.
    looks like bathesda is making fallout 4.

but keep in mind fo3 was released in 2008?

Deleted
    Have to say I would rather want new Fallout first, Elder Scrolls after. Well as long as it's more Vegas than FO3.

Quote Originally Posted by Labtecr View Post
    Have to say I would rather want new Fallout first, Elder Scrolls after. Well as long as it's more Vegas than FO3.
    honestly i didn't see much difference between either. I'd settle for a stable game that doens't seem to want to crash every 30 minutes.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    honestly i didn't see much difference between either. I'd settle for a stable game that doens't seem to want to crash every 30 minutes.
    There's an addon for that. :-/ Not sure if we should celebrate or cry. I think I've come to terms that the base game is going to be a bug riddled, incomplete pile of crap but their fans will make it the most amazing experience for us all. I want to shame them and protest, but the end result is just too enjoyable to me and I'm selfish.
    BAD WOLF

doubt an addon can help much.

running fo3 on windows 8... >.>

edit:

still, overall both fo3 and fo:nv seem to play exactly the same with minor differences between teh two except for setting and how the story was presented. Only main game play difference I noticed was v.a.t.s. having different levels of protection (I was tanking in V.A.T.S. in fo3 with no armor)
    Last edited by mickybrighteyes; 2015-02-27 at 07:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I thought you were talking about Skyrim since this is the Skyrim thread.

In any case, there is actually an addon for that. It's called Windows 7. You simply uninstall Windows 8 and replace it with 7. Conveniently this addon will benefit far more than just FO for you! Seriously though, Win 8 is still so bad. I'm not sure if anything can be done other than not using it at some point. Sorry it's giving you trouble.
    BAD WOLF

eh, only dipped near fallout cause someone brought up the timeline for ES release games, said we're due for another... but forgot fallout is the one that Bethesda's been working on.

I'd figure any OS released after the launch of a game is basically going to get turned into a mess

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd figure any OS released after the launch of a game is basically going to get turned into a mess
    Yeah I remember the last time I tried to play the King's Quest series....it wasn't pretty. I gave up pretty quickly.
    BAD WOLF

doubt an addon can help much.

edit:

still, overall both fo3 and fo:nv seem to play exactly the same with minor differences between teh two except for setting and how the story was presented. Only main game play difference I noticed was v.a.t.s. having different levels of protection (I was tanking in V.A.T.S. in fo3 with no armor)
    New Vegas had the better factions and better stability. Fallout 3 had a better setting, and no Cazadors. I swear I hate those things more than Deathclaws.

So I'm installing STEP(taking days since work and EMT school) but I fired it up and so far it looked awesome. Probably about half-way through the installation process. Are there mods that are not listed that will play nicely with these? or are these basically the mods that should only be installed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drae58 View Post
    So I'm installing STEP(taking days since work and EMT school) but I fired it up and so far it looked awesome. Probably about half-way through the installation process. Are there mods that are not listed that will play nicely with these? or are these basically the mods that should only be installed?
    If you are following STEP it means you are using Mod Organizer and LOOT so you are free to install whatever mods you like. MO gives you indications when various mods have 'overwritten' status meaning that it will overwrite other mods you have. I don't even think installing every mod STEP has is needed, make sure to use your own judgment when it comes to gameplay/misc mods in that guide.

I would basically use all of their visual mods and then add what you like. If your computer can't handle a top of the line ENB, I recommend something like imaginator to make the game look that much better. Essentially here's what you do:

1) Find a mod you like that isn't a part of STEP
    2) Briefly read to make sure there aren't conflicts with other mods
    3) Install using M.O.
    4) Run a sort (which utilizes loot) and make sure the warnings that are registered are just dirty edits and not conflicts.
    5) Start the game using M.O. via SKSE.

Keep in mind that to maximize both performance and visuals you need to edit the skyrim.ini and skyrimprefs.ini. One thing to note is the ini files when you are using M.O. are actually within skyrim\Mod Organizer\profiles. If you edit the normal ones inside of my docs\my games\skyrim it won't do anything.

For clarification, I just did a STEP install last week so I am very familiar with this. The ini thing threw me for a loop for an entire night where I almost gave up, but if something isn't working there is always an answer, you just need to keep googling.
    BAD WOLF

Sounds good, Hopefully get it up and running tomorrow.

Thanks!

wow... awesome man

so, i'm kinda conflicted about choosing the vampire side in dawnguard. does it make me evil? i mean, serana is an example of a good vampire, is possible to join them and still be good? or would i have to go dawnguard, then have serana turn me and never go back to the dawnguard?

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    so, i'm kinda conflicted about choosing the vampire side in dawnguard. does it make me evil? i mean, serana is an example of a good vampire, is possible to join them and still be good? or would i have to go dawnguard, then have serana turn me and never go back to the dawnguard?
    the vampire side makes you kill random people in a city like a guard and plant evidence but you could always go dawnguard get everything you need from them then go vampire and never talk to them while a vampire. buuuuuuuuuut if you wana help the dawnguard and be a vampire im sure there is a mod for that.

i remembered that quest, but you can kinda justify it as "these people are trying to kill us, we need a way to keep them off our backs" other than that single quest, the vampires don't really seem to extremely hurt anyone. the blood thralls aren't really hurt and they're kept in a seduced state, so they can't be too unhappy.

except the ones that say why me or end this suffering.

was recently playing a vampire play through so this is still in my head.
    Last edited by smackyslap; 2015-03-12 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i remembered that quest, but you can kinda justify it as "these people are trying to kill us, we need a way to keep them off our backs" other than that single quest, the vampires don't really seem to extremely hurt anyone. the blood thralls aren't really hurt and they're kept in a seduced state, so they can't be too unhappy.
    the feasting room in the castle didn't leave much on you =/
    the dead bodies littering teh room and blood everywhere on the table.

you can be a vampire in teh dawnguard. they don't much notice after a certain point in teh quest line, like Izran checks you when you return from teh castle but I think you can go undetected for the most part if after that point?