10+ Year Old Account
    http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dragonrend

This only states that it works on Dragons. Please let me know the reference you are using that would allow the shout to work on ANY immortal being.

Also, again, please realize that Daedric Princes live on other planes of existence...planes of existence that they individually rule. These are not just beings that live forever, they command certain aspects of reality and have the power to stretch that power beyond their plane of existence and influence the material world. That is not something any Dragon does.

Like Verdugo says. These are beings that could turn you into a sweetroll just by willing it.

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dragonrend

This only states that it works on Dragons. Please let me know the reference you are using that would allow the shout to work on ANY immortal being.

Also, again, please realize that Daedric Princes live on other planes of existence...planes of existence that they individually rule. These are not just beings that live forever, they command certain aspects of reality and have the power to stretch that power beyond their plane of existence and influence the material world. That is not something any Dragon does.

Like Verdugo says. These are beings that could turn you into a sweetroll just by willing it.
    that's just game mechanics. in theory, the way the shout is designed, it should work on all forms of daedra due to them being as immortal as a dragon. unless daedra do understand mortality and such, but i doubt normal daedra would understand. things like atronauchs and dremora. the princes i could see understanding it.

alduin does bend a plane of existence to his will, when he devours reality and ends time to start the next kalpa. alduin is stronger than every daedric prince except maybe sheogorath/jyggalag, and that's a big maybe.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    alduin does bend a plane of existence to his will, when he devours reality and ends time to start the next kalpa. alduin is stronger than every daedric prince except maybe sheogorath/jyggalag, and that's a big maybe.
    Not only that, but we know he is the first creation of Akatosh. So basically he's a direct creation of the god of all gods. There's even speculation that they may be the same....which can best be understood in how God created Jesus in christian mythology. Different being, but same being.

In any case, considering that someone like Akatosh has power greater than all the daedra...it's logical to assume that his primary creation, Alduin, is on par with daedra as well. This again does not mean dragon shouts will do anything, but undervaluing the Dovah's power is a bit silly when you look at the entire history of how Tamriel's pantheon works.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Akatosh has power greater than all the daedra..
    I would say "had" in this case. All the Aedra spent a chunk of themselves into the various creations of existence (in ES lore) the daedra didn't. This is we see the daedra taking more direct measures of messing with mortal affairs and can go talk to Meridia, Azura or Molag Bal but can only look at pictures and shrines for Akatosh, Stendarr, and Mara.

I'd say alduin probably ranks below a daedric prince overall (lack of creation ability shown, only subjugation/dominance of existing creatures, physical prowess, and the ability to enter sovngarde). He's also effectively ignoring his assumed purpose 'world-eater' and mostly going for... taking over the world and ruling as a self proclaimed dragon-god. So far as I'm aware, he doesn't need to worry about the restraints/barriers that daedra have to deal with to interact with mundus and just zips around resurrecting dragons.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    New video for skywind, let me be the first one to say: Omg the trees! They MOVE! Moving trees in a ES game without mods
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

That project is awesome, though it's so big it will take a lot of time for sure.

Side note: any way to make a non-sneak dagger build viable? I'm open into mods (atm i use one that makes the axes and swords perks to work also with daggers - seems fine since daggers base damage is low).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    that's just game mechanics. in theory, the way the shout is designed, it should work on all forms of daedra due to them being as immortal as a dragon. unless daedra do understand mortality and such, but i doubt normal daedra would understand. things like atronauchs and dremora. the princes i could see understanding it.

I'd say Princes understand mortality all too well, it's pretty much how they get cults going really by temping mortals, while the dragons just toasted anyone not doing as they're told
    Last edited by mmoca4abc3a051; 2015-03-24 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Side note: any way to make a non-sneak dagger build viable? I'm open into mods (atm i use one that makes the axes and swords perks to work also with daggers - seems fine since daggers base damage is low).
    as the difference between a dagger and sword is about the same as the difference between a sword and a mace... I'm wondering what you're seeing as the difference in base damage (for the record the difference in base damage according to the vanilla game ruleset is 3. A dagger does 3 points less damage than a sword of the same material.

Daggers take temper the exact same way as a sword, take enchants teh same way... Are about 30% faster than swords (swords listed as 1.0 on speed and axes at .9 while daggers are 1.3) If you're on pc and seeing a larger difference on daggers vs swords than about 3-5, you should check your mods to see if anything changed things.

I have two questions my fellow skyrim lovers:
    1. which alternative start mod do you like the most?
    2. is there a mod which replaces/removes magic and magical creatures? i.e. no caster, no wood spirits (or whatever they are called), no necromancers, etc.
    If there are only dragons as magical creatures I could live with it because it's more or less the story.
    want to play with one character completely without magic, but would like if my enemys won't use magic either (middle age style, like the knights did hundreds of years ago)

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    I have two questions my fellow skyrim lovers:
    1. which alternative start mod do you like the most?
    live another life. It starts you out in a cell of sorts with a shrine to choose your new path. All but one should ignore the main quest (I think one is the default start unless the mod has changed). Dragons are still locked out of the game until you go to helgen (which will always be in a post Alduin attack state) and do the first few main quest objective.

10+ Year Old Account
    New trailer for skywind honestly its shaping up nicely
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spent the last 12 hrs screwing around with mods/skyrim mod count went up by 160 totaling 324 mods mostly graphical
    Last edited by Hellravager; 2015-06-24 at 09:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    Spent the last 12 hrs screwing around with mods/skyrim mod count went up by 160 totaling 324 mods mostly graphical
    I thought the mod limit was 255?

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably a mod to remove the limit

You can use tools like wyrebash to merge plugins to save up slots on the esp limit of skyrim.

So maybe some intense merging going on?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep the limit is 255 without merging plugins but you can still go over that limit in downloading mods

10+ Year Old Account
    Spiders are crashing my game the fuck man! (╬ ಠ益ಠ)●~*

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Probably a mod to remove the limit
    Yo dawg....

To be honest despite Bethesda's crappy textures, bugs and all... they sure make up for it by allowing us to fix their blunders.

Modded Skyrim's probably the best RPG ever made ( whereas Vanilla's one of the worst )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Yo dawg....

To be honest despite Bethesda's crappy textures, bugs and all... they sure make up for it by allowing us to fix their blunders.

Modded Skyrim's probably the best RPG ever made ( whereas Vanilla's one of the worst )
    I just wish there was a mod to fix their damn papyrus engine its running on hamster wheels

Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    I just wish there was a mod to fix their damn papyrus engine its running on hamster wheels
    Myep, as I said earlier the only things Bethesda has to give us are:

1. A big world

2. Good quests

3. Good animations

4. Good voice actors

Everything else, mods can fix.