Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    How do so many people play this game over and over? After killing the last dragon boss i felt like there was nothing to do, even after defeating ebony warrior. How does everyone restart it so many times lol.
    Modding.
    /10char

Deleted
    So I'm thinking of dropping back into Skyrim when I'm done with Fallout. I'm looking for a list/set of good mods that beautify the game in a "realistic" way (I don't want anime and bikini-armor women, but better textures, lighting, nicer nature, etc.) Nothing that alters the story or locations in significant ways.

Anyone able to help me out?
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2015-12-03 at 11:29 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandise View Post
    Modding.
    /10char
    I mean actually playing the game again. Dont think high res textures or "killing children mods" will make the game good for another playthrough,

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean actually playing the game again. Dont think high res textures or "killing children mods" will make the game good for another playthrough,
    Well, the answer is still modding. Mods like this really extend the game's life.

That mod adds a huge Souls-series-inspired area to explore. You would be surprised how many quality quest mods are out there that add real content.

There's a hunter guild mod for example. A complete new guild with own quests and followers. Would write more but I'm online with my smartphone atm and I'm lazy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    So I'm thinking of dropping back into Skyrim when I'm done with Fallout. I'm looking for a list/set of good mods that beautify the game in a "realistic" way (I don't want anime and bikini-armor women, but better textures, lighting, nicer nature, etc.) Nothing that alters the story or locations in significant ways.

Anyone able to help me out?
    Browse trough nexus mod, using the categories.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are a lot of Expansion-Level mods and mods that change how the game is played. This doesn't include general Quest/Dungeon mods that can take several hours if not days to complete. A lot of these also add elements that aren't in the main game. These are what makes the game so damn fun to restart and play again...and again...and again.

Oh, and big dick/titty mods too. =)
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

Has anyone a good list of additional adventure/quests mods? I may start playing again, and afetr i have installed my mod suite i would like to play some new stuff out.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Falskaar, Wyrmtooth and Moonpath to Elsweyr.

Quote Originally Posted by Skayaq View Post
    Falskaar, Wyrmtooth and Moonpath to Elsweyr.
    Thanks, will check them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Has anyone a good list of additional adventure/quests mods? I may start playing again, and afetr i have installed my mod suite i would like to play some new stuff out.
    Darkend! Darkend is awesome. Fight Against the Thalmor is also good - both of these mods don't hold your hand and reward exploration.

To add more: Helgen Reborn, Undeath, Moon and Star, Civil War: Overhaul
    I'm sure there's more but those are the ones coming up in my mind-head-brain place.

10+ Year Old Account
    For those of you running texture and lighting mods, do you know if a single Gtx 970 and an i7 running at 3.4 ghz is enough to run some stuff to pretty up the game a bit? I want to maintain 60 FPS while looking as good as possible. I just got a new card and want to see what my system can handle now. I'm upgrading from the very crappy Gtx 750, which only has 1g. I played on medium to high settings and experiences infrequent drops into the 40-50 FPS range for just a second or two. I hate that.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should definitely be able to run both, but for a solid 60 fps I don't recommend using many texture mods...and even if you could get a solid 60 FPS I still wouldn't recommend using many texture mods. No matter your framerate you are much more prone to crashes if your game overloads on memory. With a good ENB, good lighting and better shadows better textures won't even be as noticeable anyway. The only texture mods I use are Flora Overhaul (mainly for long distance trees), Pure Waters and high res face/body textures.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the response! I've never used and don't know anything about ENB. Isnt that something which has to be installed separately and not through modmanager or something? I run SkyUI, do I already have SKSE. Is an ENB a similar thing?

Quote Originally Posted by thewallofsleep View Post
    Thanks for the response! I've never used and don't know anything about ENB. Isnt that something which has to be installed separately and not through modmanager or something? I run SkyUI, do I already have SKSE. Is an ENB a similar thing?
    The 4gigs of memory on the base 970s should be fine for like 99% of people. It's only the absolute most extremely heavy use of texture mods that would push you up past that.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Apologies if this was asked before but this thread is too long to check!

So seeing so many people have 300+ hours in this game I was wondering what do people with that time? I will be having another (modded) play through in the not too distant future so just curious if I am missing anything.

Do you just explore? Do all the side quests? Play through the "adventure" type mods? Role-play? Or perhaps something else? I've read that some people do not use fast travel either so that explains some of the extra time. I already have lots of quest mods so I am good to go on that side of things.

something with my pc is wrong:
    often when I use the horse my pc crashes, so I'm traveling without one
    (except really long distances, then fast travel)

also I just really like to clear dungeons and castles from bandits
    say if I'm doing a quest and I happen to pass by a dungeon I must purge it

but I don't have that much playtime like others tough^^

Quote Originally Posted by Spikeyshadow View Post

So seeing so many people have 300+ hours in this game I was wondering what do people with that time? I will be having another (modded) play through in the not too distant future so just curious if I am missing anything.

Do you just explore? Do all the side quests? Play through the "adventure" type mods? Role-play? Or perhaps something else? I've read that some people do not use fast travel either so that explains some of the extra time. I already have lots of quest mods so I am good to go on that side of things.
    All the things you mentioned, plus dozens of do-over from messing with mods.

This run is all about doing new adventures from mods and new builds with the Ordinator perk mod.

Also, i try everytime to roleplay a build even if it's not balanced or really effective and not to use the standard crafting stuff which is still really OP until you run a complete overhaul like PerMa.

I'm doing the deathknight build: heavy armor, two hand sword, zombie summoning.

Thanks everyone for the replies. Always nice to hear about how others approach a game. I hope you get your horse situation fixed Rarhyx; that sounds frustrating though I guess that you can "stop and smell the roses" a little more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikeyshadow View Post

I *usually* play a character for about 10-15 hours and then make a different one with a few different key mods. Specifically I like using realism mods or mods that ramp up the difficulty to stupid levels. For example, I wanted to play an Archer so I put in a punch of Archery themed mods like Locational Damage and one whose name I forget that lets your Arrows stay in bodies, and things like that. But once you hit that 10 hour mark is when you start getting kind of powerful, and honestly that is when I start to lose interest and start over.

Realism mods that make you eat, sleep, and manage your warmth in the cold add a lot of playtime simply because they add "busy-work" into the game. That *can* be annoying, but it also makes some situations more fun when you are not only battling draugr, but are slowly dying of thirst as well. Then, finding something to drink is more important than finding a cool magic weapon. And assuming all you find is Ale in a dungeon, well...now you're not dying of thirst, but now you're drunk and possibly have drunken effects like distorted vision and weapon dropping or falling effects.

There are just so many fun ways that mods allow you to tweek the game that its no wonder a lot of people have hundreds and hundreds of hours of recorded play time (not to mention days upon days of time spent out of game researching, installing, and troubleshooting mods).
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch