10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Daedric weapons always felt more like collectibles than actual weapons to me >.<
    Yeah, the problem is they get outclassed really easily by weapons you can craft and enchant yourself. I got Dawnbreaker really early though and it was OP for a while. The burning damage stacks (though I'm pretty sure this is true for any fire enchant) and it frequently causes explosions on undead enemies. Really does some work in those Draugr dungeons.

Anyone else think it's kind of screwed up that some arrows cost less for the player to buy than for the player to make (in regards to the changes implemented by Ars Metallica)?

As I figure it, if purchasing all the materials (minus Firewood as I don't think any vendor sells those) to make arrows, it'd cost more to make arrows than to buy them. Well, at least as far as Iron Arrows go. I am not sure if purchasing the materials for the other arrows would be more or less expensive. Maybe Iron Arrows are meant to be sold at a loss?
    Last edited by RampageBW1; 2018-01-28 at 12:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never used that mod because I've never had a problem obtaining arrows, even on the PS3. But I've never played pure archer either, usually a stealth archer/light armor hybrid.

My most recent save is a heavy armor, 2 hander with the Ordinator mod. Great mod.

Maybe I'll beat the game this time before other stuff comes up again. 6 years, two versions of the game (PS3/PC), never beat it.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2018-01-28 at 06:52 AM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Daedric weapons always felt more like collectibles than actual weapons to me >.<
    Daedric weapons, and most of the other unique weapons, are tiered. If you do them early, you get an early version. If you do them later, you get the higher version. The problem is, they don't change - that low tier version will ALWAYS be low tier. Thankfully there are a handful of mods that fix this in various ways. Some will automatically upgrade the items once you reach the level requirement for the next tier, some give you spells that do it, some do it through console commands.

Another problem, to my knowledge, is that Daedric weapons can't be smithed at all. No upgrading their damage. This again is fixed in several mods. Another problem still, which your post mentions, is that Daedric weapons aren't actually all that powerful. Again, fixed with mods. Some mods keep them as they are, just nudges numbers up to make them more powerful, some completely change what the weapons do, either keeping them balanced or making them OP. Some let you disenchant them and apply their abilities to other weapons.

That's the greatest thing about playing on a PC, if there's something you don't like or think could be fixed, someone else probably did too and made a mod for it. I mean, it's nice and all that they're allowing mods on consoles now, but are apparently extremely limited on the PS4. But their library pales in comparison to what you can find on the PC.

...Which brings me to my problem. I spend hours and hours downloading and configuring mods to start a new playthrough...and after just a few short hours of playing, I get bored and stop. Or I get a CTD and spend hours trying to fix it and eventually just give up. Though I've found that I get CTDs even just running the vanilla, non-modded version of the game, and I have no idea what causes it. So what's the freaking point? Play with a bunch of mods that can potentially cause CTDs, in a game that ALREADY has CTDs without mods running? I wish Bethesda would fix their shit and stop using such an archaic fucking engine!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Maybe I'll beat the game this time before other stuff comes up again. 6 years, two versions of the game (PS3/PC), never beat it.
    That entirely depends on what you consider 'beating' it, I suppose. If you're talking about the main storyline, it's like, maybe 3 hours long. Maybe. I've ran through it once, but every other playthrough I get to where I unlock the throat of the world so I can start getting shouts and such, and then just enjoy the game. There are hundreds, if not thousands of quests to do in this game, and moreso from mods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

How is it that I always return to Skyrim? For a game that's so predictable in the sense that nothing ever changes in the main storyline and once you've done everything, every reroll is basically just a rerun of past events, it does manage to keep calling you back.

Again I spent 3 hours modding skyrim SE yesterday. The main reason; this thread. SKSE and SkyUI for Skyrim SE? Holy shit.
    I dove in, to recreate this:
    https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspec...ion/mods/14763

It works fantastically, besides some NPC heads being black (face) and purple (hair). I guess those textures can't load. I haven't been able to pinpoint the exact origin of the issue, so for now I'm just 'looking around' the issue instead of 'at' :P Because goddamnj, the world is gorgeous.

And then found The Wizard Warrior:
    https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspec...ion/mods/14890

Hell.fucking.yeah!

This is the nr.1 peeve I had with Skyrim. Why the fuck do I need to switch to these ridiculous glowy orb thingies in my hands to cast spells. It's beyond stupid. Enter The Wizard Warrior. Even if I have to personally keep development going on this (by throwing money at my screen), it would be worth it. Probably going to be my first donation to anyone ever.

No proper REQUIEM release, no SE
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    They have SKSE working for SE already. It says it's like 'beta' but I have 200+ mods and all that need it work perfectly.
    Quick question about that. Does this mean I can load mods not "intended" for SE? I haven't checked, but I'm sure not all of my old mods have SE equivalents and it would be a lot easier to just load up my existing mods on SE as opposed to making a list and trying to find updates/replacements.
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    I agree that the College felt short. It was really weird to become Archmage just like that. I dunno how it actually compares to other factions in terms of gameplay hours, but the pacing definitely made it feel like it went from 0-100.
    The college is very short indeed and very poorly written. First time I met Ancano I was actually wondering who was gonna betray the college. Couldn't imagine them making it this obvious. Like watching a show for little kids.

But I don't consider the college the biggest offender. For me that's the Companions. They have a secret inner circle consisting of werewolves, who would be killed on sight if people knew about it. You join by fighting a Companion member for a bit, complete a single radiant quest and you can go start the 2nd quest. During that they basically out themselves that they are secretly werewolves by transforming in front of you.

I suppose they are slightly more secretive than the Thieves Guild who ask you in broad daylight in the middle of a market place to perform a task to prove that you are worthy. With each new iteration of Elder Scrolls it feels like factions have less and less content and depth. I've had piss stains that weren't as shallow as some of these questlines.
    We went from having factions with actual ranks, skill requirements and divergent paths in Morrowind, to factions where you are torpedoed to leadership after completing only a handful of quests.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Quick question about that. Does this mean I can load mods not "intended" for SE? I haven't checked, but I'm sure not all of my old mods have SE equivalents and it would be a lot easier to just load up my existing mods on SE as opposed to making a list and trying to find updates/replacements.
    Mods that don't require script extender will still work fine. It just adds a lot more functionality that modders can use.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Yep, I believe so like Del said. I followed a guide that included several oldrim mods. You have to download them manually (but then Nexus will install for you) and often there are conflicts that need to be deleted out of the mod or disabled via NMM once you got it. I used Skyrim SEPTIM and installed most of what was there, skipped a couple, added a couple....following the exact order and instructions yielded a flawless boot and game on first real run.

Skyrim SEPTIM Guide
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    How is it that I always return to Skyrim? For a game that's so predictable in the sense that nothing ever changes in the main storyline and once you've done everything, every reroll is basically just a rerun of past events, it does manage to keep calling you back.
    same here.
    and I can't tell if it's an either addiction or true love. possibly both :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Yep, I believe so like Del said. I followed a guide that included several oldrim mods. You have to download them manually (but then Nexus will install for you) and often there are conflicts that need to be deleted out of the mod or disabled via NMM once you got it. I used Skyrim SEPTIM and installed most of what was there, skipped a couple, added a couple....following the exact order and instructions yielded a flawless boot and game on first real run.

Skyrim SEPTIM Guide
    I followed that for my last playthrough. I spent more time setting all of that up than I actually did playing. That's when I knew I just need to stop with the Bethesda games for a while.
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I followed that for my last playthrough. I spent more time setting all of that up than I actually did playing. That's when I knew I just need to stop with the Bethesda games for a while.
    When I tried to do STEP, that's what happened to me. This one went fairly quick, about 4 hours maybe.
    BAD WOLF

Anyone know of a mod that adds in a vampire based town to the game or something. I am playing as a Vampire and having to stay out in the day to vendor my wares is just so unimmersive. I want to be out only at night so I can play like a real vampire.

Limiting myself to just the Khajiit Caravans is a no go, as they don't have nearly enough gold to buy my wares. And they're hardly ever where I need them.

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    Anyone know of a mod that adds in a vampire based town to the game or something. I am playing as a Vampire and having to stay out in the day to vendor my wares is just so unimmersive. I want to be out only at night so I can play like a real vampire.

Limiting myself to just the Khajiit Caravans is a no go, as they don't have nearly enough gold to buy my wares. And they're hardly ever where I need them.
    If you have th Dawnguard Dlc there are a couple of vendors inside Volkihar Keep.

Quote Originally Posted by Skayaq View Post
    If you have th Dawnguard Dlc there are a couple of vendors inside Volkihar Keep.
    Well, yeah; but I mean aside from Volkihar Keep, as when I finished with the DLC my character is leaving that place to never return unless I really need to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, yeah; but I mean aside from Volkihar Keep, as when I finished with the DLC my character is leaving that place to never return unless I really need to.
    Just use a mod that gives vendors a bajillion gold and continue dealing with the dirty skooma rats.
    BAD WOLF

So, has there been any Goblin Slayer mods for Skyrim yet?
    Last edited by RampageBW1; 2018-10-18 at 02:15 AM.

So, has there been any Goblin Slayer mods for Skyrim yet?
    HA! I could get behind that. Get someone to make the armor and it wouldn't be too hard to turn the rieklings green and make them spawn in caves and ruins and such.

Oooooor just get someone to make the armor and run with this.
    Last edited by unholytestament; 2018-10-18 at 05:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sooo, not Skyrim related, but Elder Scrolls 6 related: What do you guys want to see in ES6? I want to see more Dwemer lore.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    Sooo, not Skyrim related, but Elder Scrolls 6 related: What do you guys want to see in ES6? I want to see more Dwemer lore.
    A new fucking game engine.