Page 5 of 474 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Bethesda: Making your characters moonwalk when they strafe sideways since 2005.

Have they fixed that yet?
    “Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.”
    ~G.B. Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Professor View Post
    Bethesda: Making your characters moonwalk when they strafe sideways since 2005.

Have they fixed that yet?
    Why would they have to fix it?

Quote Originally Posted by Poppasan View Post
    Why would they have to fix it?
    Have you ever tried strafing in 3rd person while you run forward in Oblivion / Fallout 3 / Fallout NW?
    “Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.”
    ~G.B. Shaw

Those games aren't mean to be played in 3rd person, I'm not entirely sure why that option exists

Deleted
    Pfft, Bethesda. Yet another inflated, boring world with stiff npcs, tons of walking, boring discoveries, 0 feeling, 0 immersion, 0 stuff to look forward to, heavily corrupted by retarded consolism BUT awesome graphics.

Meh, I'll buy it if I got nothing else to play at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    Those games aren't mean to be played in 3rd person, I'm not entirely sure why that option exists
    because some people prefer third person, some prefer first and by offering a choice then the game appeals to fans of both?
    personally I much prefer third person and only switch to first if I need to get a closer look at something

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    because some people prefer third person, some prefer first and by offering a choice then the game appeals to fans of both?
    personally I much prefer third person and only switch to first if I need to get a closer look at something
    The Skyrim 3rd person seems legit, I withdraw my previous statement

And on that note, the skyrim demo bit they previewed looks amaaaazing

After seeing the new gameplay video its a second 1 purchase. Getting at midnight!

Right now I'm torn between 360 and PC

360:
    Gorgeous HD TV to play on
    I prefer the controller, triggers and all that

PC:
    more content

360:

PC:
    more content
    I usually prefer the console versions, il get the PC version for modding later on when the price goes down. Because you know some service like Steam will offer a huge discount at some point

That's a good point, I'll prolly do that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by digitali View Post
    stop talking criminal scum pay the fine or go to jail
    Lmao.
    Go to jail.
    Pay the fine.
    Resist arrest.

360:

PC:
    more content
    Connect your computer to your TV and use your 360 controller on the PC

Good to see they did fix the awkward third person running and movement.

Nah that's not an option for me

The Skyrim 3rd person seems legit, I withdraw my previous statement

And on that note, the skyrim demo bit they previewed looks amaaaazing
    You guys... Someone on the internet admited that they were wrong. GET THIS MAN A CROWN!

I played both Morrowind and Oblivion...but could never make it through the whole games. Not sure I can quite put my finger on what's wrong with them. Oblivion had the issue of being far, far too repetitive though. And the mobs leveling up with you really turned me off. I fought them off when I was low level, why am I being bothered with them again? It's analogous to continually being dazed by random mobs when all you want to do is ride by.

For Skyrim it will depend on what else I have to play at the time. If there is nothing else then I'll buy it to occupy me when WoW is boring me to death. If there IS something else then I'll probably wait til it's packaged with some expansions. That way there will be more content, the major bugs and balancing will be out of the way, and maybe on sale.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
    I played both Morrowind and Oblivion...but could never make it through the whole games. Not sure I can quite put my finger on what's wrong with them. Oblivion had the issue of being far, far too repetitive though. And the mobs leveling up with you really turned me off. I fought them off when I was low level, why am I being bothered with them again? It's analogous to continually being dazed by random mobs when all you want to do is ride by.

For Skyrim it will depend on what else I have to play at the time. If there is nothing else then I'll buy it to occupy me when WoW is boring me to death. If there IS something else then I'll probably wait til it's packaged with some expansions. That way there will be more content, the major bugs and balancing will be out of the way, and maybe on sale.
    I don't think I ever finished Morrowind, but the game world was just so amazing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezio Auditore Da Firenze View Post
    I prefer this trailer -

Minus all the funny nasally commentary, he can really sing well.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    Minus all the funny nasally commentary, he can really sing well.
    Very well indeed

10+ Year Old Account
    Never played Morrowing or prior games, but I HATED Oblivion. Details were nice, but movement, combat, and overall gameplay were pretty dreadful I thought.

BUT! I have hope for Skyrim if I play it on PC. Since I only got to pay Oblivion on Xbox.