Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    Sorry but I think its impossible to rescue the greymane without killing them. There is just no way. Unless you got master stealth skills such as putting invis postions on you and keeping spells up at al times.
    Incorrect, you can complete "Missing in Action" without fighting all the Thrallmor in that dungeon. If you're dressed like an Imperial officer (or Thrallmor, I don't recall) you can request his release.

Quote Originally Posted by beingmused View Post
    Thrallmor
    thats funny

Quote Originally Posted by frozenkex View Post
    I know its a bad comparison, and it is singleplayer game, but you wouldnt really get any noticable advantage by having max crafting skill in wow, and as wow players its not a surprise we would have similar mindset in another rpg.
    I've played rpgs for a long time. I've actually played a few games longer than WoW. I don't start a new game expecting it to fall in line with some old one from a different company and a different genre without good reason. There is no good reason for that here. If you're doing that, you have only yourself to blame for your disappointment. Personally, by default I expect countless hours dedicated to crafting to yield me results comparable to whatever the best ____ in the game is. I expect this in most games because I'm doing it instead of playing the game itself.

Discussion of what skills are obvious as if they are the same to everyone here is ridiculous. There are racial bonuses, loot, and enchantment options dedicated to unarmed combat. The unitiated are going to catch wind of that and consider making a brawler. The well versed looking for something different might do the same. People in the middle likely won't.

It is easy to play the game with no concept of a main quest. First week I played I didn't touch what I thought was the main storyline. Sometimes I lost track of which it was. Its the central story in only the most arbitrary sense. You don't exactly get credits for beating that boss, do you. Skyrim is far from a perfect game, but they did do the sandbox thing well. I've gone through with several characters now. For some, the central story is more a nuisance and with a few I ignore it completely.

Has anyone attempted to level up all their skills to 100? And I mean all of them. I am seriously considering making this a goal in game
    I'm still thinking about it...

15+ Year Old Account
    Incorrect, you can complete "Missing in Action" without fighting all the Thrallmor in that dungeon. If you're dressed like an Imperial officer (or Thrallmor, I don't recall) you can request his release.
    Huh I'll have to try that next I do that quest! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Erza View Post
    It's not piss poor design, it's just options. Elder Scrolls always has that sense of freedom, even more so in skyrim.. yet it's obvious to me now that people can't handle it, abuse it, and blame the developers. How silly. This WoW community mentality is driving me insane. "I don't like this, WAHHHHHHHHHHH" then don't do it "BUT, BUT... WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"
    i don't get this, i'm arguing that the game should have been better, and you're arguing that i'm the problem with the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Neeshka View Post
    To be fair Skyrim is a superb hiking simulator; and exploring the continent and the occasional (but extremely rare) "pretty" dungeon is nice.
    Dude, we get it, you are disappointed by the game. Now kindly piss off and stop trying to bait people who actually enjoy the game into a flamewar every other page.

Too many people just don't appreciate a single player sandbox RPG.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuqui-tuqui View Post
    Has anyone attempted to level up all their skills to 100? And I mean all of them. I am seriously considering making this a goal in game
    My conditions for "completing" this game are as follows:
    - Clearing every dungeon
    - Doing every available non-radiant quest (some are missible if you don't save the right person or kill the wrong person, hopefully I haven't screwed up any of those)
    - All skills to 100
    - A full collection of all books available in game (hopefully arrayed alphabetically in bookshelves).

Deleted
    My conditions for "completing" this game are as follows:
    - Clearing every dungeon
    - Doing every available non-radiant quest (some are missible if you don't save the right person or kill the wrong person, hopefully I haven't screwed up any of those)
    - All skills to 100
    - A full collection of all books available in game (hopefully arrayed alphabetically in bookshelves).
    Ha, pretty close to mine then:P Only I'm attempting to play on master and do that while never dying.. must have restarted playing for at least 10 times now. However, I'm probably going to kill off dark brotherhood since I've already done the quests in a previous playthrough and don't want my character to be an evil psychopathic murderer who hears voices in her head. Sure I'll still have to kill that orphanage matron but shes evil and deserves it.

I swear gamers are some of the most entitled and insufferable people of the face of the planet. I don't know if its a generational thing or what but listening to you people bitch about Skyrim is sad and funny at the same time. You won't be happy until someone releases a game that has 0 bugs and defects, where you have to eat, sleep, and go to the bathroom on a normal schedule, where npc's are as smart as you, where graphics are pristine to the microscopic level. Oh wait there is a game like this....its free too... Its called real life.

Seriously though. All of you people that want bitch and gripe about small bugs and glitches, Not enough immersion LOL, Game being too easy, I suggest you get your degree and get a job in the gaming industry and see what you can do about it.

And remember when/if you do ever create your dream game there will be a world full whiny little piss ant gamers ready to nitpick your masterpiece into the trashbin. cheers
    Last edited by Elguappo; 2011-12-07 at 06:38 PM.

FYI, patch 1.3 just went out via Steam. Not sure for other platforms.

http://www.bethblog.com/2011/12/07/s...-now-on-steam/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeic View Post
    i would consider that you basically have to powerlevel blacksmithing with iron daggers and leather bracers a design issue. I would also consider that you are pretty much forced into powerleveling enchanting by only using petty soul gems as a design issue as well. I would further consider the ability to then sell those enchanted daggers to make easy gold as another design issue. these issues are further compounded by the fact that the best gear is easily crafted and enchanted by you. I never left the area around whiterun, never visited another hold and yet somehow i was running around in the best gear.

Clearly I'm at fault here when i notice during my first playthrough that all crafted gear was available to me if i choose to craft iron daggers and leather bracers for efficent skill points in blacksmithing. Again i must have been the one at fault to notice how easy it was to get petty soul gems (or really any soul gem other than grand, because enchanting gear you wear with anything other than a grand soul is stupid), then fill them and use them to make enchanted daggers to make gold with. The piss poor design is not at fault nor the people who made the system but didn't bother to put any thought into it.

i don't think anyone disputes that you can get enjoyment out of playing the game, i certainly have. however, i don't think the game is worth all the accolades that everyone seems to be so willing to throw upon it. before you go off calling it the perfect game, try brawling someone or picking a lock.
    Actually I do agree with it there and it is could be easily fixed. If you make armor and stuff that needs more materials, smithing actually levels up normally so it's more of a balance issue. Daggers and such should just give less skill. However, as far as the money part is concerned, I see nothing wrong with it. Alchemy gives you much more money but there is a problem with waiting. They should have just removed the option to do so and for sleeping, made a fatigue bar so you couldn't oversleep either.

Enchanting is strange too though. It's either that you have it or don't.. everything in between seems pointless. If you have it less than 100 and no double enchant perk, it's useless, rewards and gear you find or can buy have more powerful enchants on them. But since it's Elder Scrolls, I'm sure a mod comes out soon to fix those issues.

Quote Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
    FYI, patch 1.3 just went out via Steam. Not sure for other platforms.

http://www.bethblog.com/2011/12/07/s...-now-on-steam/
    So the CTDs will be fixed next week. Schweet!
    I'm still thinking about it...

Enchanting is strange too though. It's either that you have it or don't
    Nahh. Even around 60 enchanting, with the perks, it's still overpowered. You can enchant 4 pieces of gear with +32% more one-handed/two-handed damage. That's more than double the damage you were doing previously, just from enchanting...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elguappo View Post
    (...)You won't be happy until someone releases a game that has 0 bugs and defects, where you have to eat, sleep, and go to the bathroom on a normal schedule, where npc's are as smart as you, where graphics are pristine to the microscopic level. (...)

Seriously though. All of you people that want bitch and gripe about small bugs and glitches, Not enough immersion LOL, Game being too easy, I suggest you get your degree and get a job in the gaming industry and see what you can do about it.(...)
    People bitch about huge, gamebreaking bugs, ones that make it impossible to complete quests, ones that destroy savegames with hundreds of hours invested, ones that are so obvious and visible it's beyond reason how they got past beta (oh wait, beta is happening now, I forgot.).
    People bitch about NPCs being about as smart as ghosts in PacMan, with AI about 10 years behind the current level, about how any other modern RPG (or any game, actually) has immeasurably "smarter" enemies.
    Bitching about graphics comes from most of the textures being so low-quality it's simply ridiculous and from the fact that fans(sic) made much better ones(sic) for free(sic) within 2 weeks of game's release(sic). If you did not ask yourself the question why exactly could a fan do it for free in spare time, but professionals who got paid for making the game could not...
    Game is too easy because all the difficulty setting changes is how hard enemies hit and how many times you need to drive a sword through they skull before you hit the brain - they don't get any smarter and more threatening than a baboon with downs even on master.
    I'm not even going to get started on the UI, the worst abomination of a RPG UI I saw since... Dunno, don't remember anything worse.

Whether the game is bad or not is relative. I enjoyed it enough to complete the main questline, some of the main side questlines and to have several dozens hours worth of fun out of it - but closing your eyes to all the utterly obvious faults and praising the game to heavens despite them only hurts you in the future. If the developers understand the message that whatever shit they crap out you'll swallow it down without complaint so long as it has the proper brand the games will keep getting worse and worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to say to everyone here why you cannot use the "oh you chose to do powerlevel, it's your fault." Now I'll explain why. On my first character I noticed I could powerlevel smithing... so I decided to powerlevel to elven and then powerlevel to Dragon a little later. Then, I thought, "hmm enchanting my gear and making it powerful would be pretty cool", so I leveled enchanting. I was around level 30 at this point. So, I got out and start fighting some enemies and I noticed that it was pretty easy. So, I turned the difficulty up to Master and for awhile it was still pretty easy, but it balanced out around level 40. Now my point is that I had no idea that leveling smithing and enchanting would make me super OP. I didn't exploit the game with the alchemy gear/enchanting potion exploit.. I just leveled my smithing and enchanting normally. Now, even if I had waiting and leveled my smithing and enchant without "powerleveling" as you guys put it... it would have taken me forever, because I doubt you would be able to find enough ore from all of the mines to level from 1 to 100 and you'd end up having to buy iron ingots anyways and you don't find nearly enough soul gems in the game to level to 100 even if you did have enough items to enchant. Not to mention I would still be OP. Now, if you say "Oh then don't use smithing and enchanting." well I have to say... it's part of the game, so you are basically saying take part of the game out so that the balance will be normal. I love Skyrim, but the balance sucks.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neeshka View Post
    I've already got my money's worth I guess; and my character is level 51.

Why on earth is it necessary to keep the game size 4.5GB ?

Most of skyrim is full of filler content and boring dungeons repeated ad nauseum; it's really not that hard to compromise quanity for quality.

Skyrim just gets a ton more hype and attention than it should; if playtime and content are the most important things ever; then WoW would be the #1 game of all time.
    Eh, opinions are just that - not everyone is going ot love this game.

I would say that yes, if it took you longer than 20-30 hours to get to level 51 you most definitely get your money's worth considering today's game competition.

Most 60 buck "RPG" games out there give you MAYBE 20-30 hours of gameplay and then you hit the "end" (literally you can do nothing else but reroll) and many games dont even give you that many hours anymore (use to not be this way but oh well.)

So yea, I do think Skyrim is well worth it considering that, before things get random-quest-repetitive, you have 80-100 hours of content to get through before you run out of actual, built, questlines and are left with random-kill X quests. That is x4-x5 more than 90% of the video games on the market. (And no I dont consider multiplayer/pvp/deathmatch types games like Halo and such to count cuz yea you can play for hundreds of hours or you can play for 5 and see all the content there is to see LOL).

If you can control yourself not to bork the game by PLing something in a way that clearly is OP (like skilling up and then stealing your money back and skilling up again) - then the game is plenty hard.

Im level 23, I play on novice/apprentice and can still easily get overhwlemed and die in dungeons. I havent overpowered-level anything. I have only learned the skills Ive actually picked up along the way and leveled up crafting only with what I can pick up throug questing. I dotn buy iron ingots or enchanting buff potions. Anything I want to build up I do myself.

So thus, at level 23 - most of my skills are in the mid40s. And I dont attempt a harder difficulty than apprentice cuz that ends up killing me when I get to a busy dungeon-room. I am not outpacing the content and I still get nervous when I walk up on a dragon by accident and I stil have to plan attacks to enter any large dungeon room. Prep myself and be ready to go go go!

You can keep it fun for yourself or you can OP yourself and blow through everything if you like. Sometimes THAT is fun (I have played plenty of games in god mode myself, I enjoy smashing things at times LOL).

The fact is this game gives you the OPTION. And the CONTENT for 50+ hours of gameplay is there.

How is that a ripoff? LOL

(And considering what measuring stick you use, WoW is the #1 best game of all time...12 million players is a crapton of profit LOL)
    Last edited by Koriani; 2011-12-07 at 09:17 PM.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

I have. IMO, the thief skills are the easiest to skill up, while the magic ones are the most annoying. I now have them all maxed out. My goal is now to find and visit all the remaining dungeons, find the last two shout words, and then I'm "done" with the game. At the moment, I dont know how to see what dungeons i have left. (I dont want to use the tmm 0 console command, because it reveals and make ALL locations traveable. I'd like to expose them (leave them black) without turning them white. (fast-travelable) But i dont know how to do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Conjuring - spam Soul Trap on a dead body.
    Sneaking - autorun to inn wall
    etc.

Pretty much all the skills can be maxed in like 15 minutes max because of
    the not so well designed mechanics.

The game is amazing tho.

I really wanna try the game with kinect controls with voice controlled
    shouts too :P

A video of me "playing" Skyrim. Beware of MINDF*CK.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne