Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    I have stayed out of this pointless argument but this just made me laugh, i forgot im playing skyrim because its just like real life. Screw work im going to go kill a dragon in the mall
    I tried to kill a dragon in the mall once.

The guy who owned that display car was pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nara Numas View Post
    Burn things.

Burn everything.
    I can't decide if I should stick to conjuration or destruction on my 18 mage. She's got 60 conjuration right now because I was so used to bow/one hand combat from my main character and only 42 destruction. It just seems destruction isn't really powerful at lower levels because you run out of mana way too fast dual casting spells.

---------- Post added 2011-12-08 at 05:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nara Numas View Post
    I tried to kill a dragon in the mall once, but then I took an arrow to the knee.
    Fixed 10 char.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

By the by, funny glitch

Find a dead dragon and use dual ice spikes on it, and watch how far it goes flying.

15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I don't get why people keep saying "omg blacksmithing shouldn't be so easy to level!111!!!!!" Why does it have to be like wow? Truthfully I'd rather it not be anything like wow because leveling professions are tedious and I'm here to have fun. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. Everything in this game is essentially YOUR CHOICE. Yes Bethesda made it easy, but you're the one who decided to use that option. You could've leveled something else that too more ingredients so it would be "harder" to level blacksmithing, but no you're the lazy ass who found the quick solution and decided to use it to power level the profession.

Honestly I haven't touched Blacksmithing or Enchanting at all, and only alchemy for some health pots. I'm wearing basic armor, nothing enchanted or enhanced in a way and am doing everything but the main story or the faction quests. There are some encounters that are easy but not all. I still get ownd sometimes...so should I blame Bethesda for making the choice to keep myself at a "basic" level? No. Single player games are your choice, you're just given the options.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Honestly I don't get why people keep saying "omg blacksmithing shouldn't be so easy to level!111!!!!!" Why does it have to be like wow? Truthfully I'd rather it not be anything like wow because leveling professions are tedious and I'm here to have fun. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. Everything in this game is essentially YOUR CHOICE. Yes Bethesda made it easy, but you're the one who decided to use that option. You could've leveled something else that too more ingredients so it would be "harder" to level blacksmithing, but no you're the lazy ass who found the quick solution and decided to use it to power level the profession.

Honestly I haven't touched Blacksmithing or Enchanting at all, and only alchemy for some health pots. I'm wearing basic armor, nothing enchanted or enhanced in a way and am doing everything but the main story or the faction quests. There are some encounters that are easy but not all. I still get ownd sometimes...so should I blame Bethesda for making the choice to keep myself at a "basic" level? No. Single player games are your choice, you're just given the options.
    I don't have a huge issue with it being easy to level, because if it was super hard, I'd probably just say screw it and level something else. My problem is even just by making my dragon scale gear and enchanting it with the enchanting perks, I was pretty OP for awhile. Even on master the only things that can even kill me are ancient dragons and maybe Dragon Priests and that's if I don't play smart at all. Waiting to level it or leveling it early makes no difference. Once you have your gear you become pretty OP no matter what level you are at. Also, I didn't know when I started my character that making the gear and enchanting it would make me super OP. I just wanted to get out of my stupid looking leather gear into something cooler.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    I have stayed out of this pointless argument but this just made me laugh, i forgot im playing skyrim because its just like real life. Screw work im going to go kill a dragon in the mall
    Why would that make you laugh? For some reason someone will always use the "wizard did it" excuse if something is bugged, flawed or imbalanced in a game, movie or a book.

You might think what you like but I appreciate realism in games as in no nonsense stuff. Fantasy doesn't mean that the people there are idiots unless otherwise implied and in Skyrims case it isn't. That said, I like Skyrim a lot despite it's bugs and flaws and have no regrets buying it.

Oh and also better balance with that would solve the problems that people are having without them having to restrain themselves. At least I prefer games to be really challenging and force me to overcome the obstacles by thinking and planning, instead of inventing rules to make things more difficult.

I don't see how you can powerlevel those two skills anyway. Probably if you do a lot of things with specific items and such, but that probably also is not entertaining ways.

Also, pwning things is a playstyle that becomes an opion I guess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    I don't see how you can powerlevel those two skills anyway. Probably if you do a lot of things with specific items and such, but that probably also is not entertaining ways.

Also, pwning things is a playstyle that becomes an opion I guess.
    Well, you can do it buy buying all iron ingots, and soul gems, spamming daggers, enchanting them, selling for profit, waiting 48 hours and repeat. Pretty much unlimited money, 100 smithing and 100 enchanting fast without even leaving Whiterun. I personally never did it on purpose but first playthrough, I did spam daggers without the waiting part and got my smithing and enchanting to 100 before any other skill was even at 50.

Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    Well, you can do it buy buying all iron ingots, and soul gems, spamming daggers, enchanting them, selling for profit, waiting 48 hours and repeat. Pretty much unlimited money, 100 smithing and 100 enchanting fast without even leaving Whiterun. I personally never did it on purpose but first playthrough, I did spam daggers without the waiting part and got my smithing and enchanting to 100 before any other skill was even at 50.
    I don't have any true interest in Smithing, as I'm a mage.

By the way, is there a chart for how much better enchants gets when you get higher enchanting, or is it a set number?

I don't know if this has been asked before, but I just couldn't get myself to look through 200+ pages.

My question is whether anyone knows how to disable the graphical effect that adapts to whatever you are looking at?

I don't know exactly how to explain it, but it's basically when you are looking at something very bright and then you look into the dark and it takes time for your eyes to adapt the darkness. I know that this is pretty realistic but somehow I don't like the effect and would want to disable it. I remember it being in some other games as well, but I can't remember the name for it.
    I'm not the Devil. I'm much, much older. I watched the Beginning and I will see the End. I am the dark behind the stars. I am the dark inside you all.

Well, you can do it buy buying all iron ingots, and soul gems, spamming daggers, enchanting them, selling for profit, waiting 48 hours and repeat.
    The only way you could do this, is if you had a ton of perks in Speech and barter gear. Filled petty soul gems cost more than selling an enchanted iron dagger does.

The only way you can profit off of enchanting/smithing is if you go out and fill the gems yourself. (Again, unless you have 5+ perks invested into speech)

Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    The only way you could do this, is if you had a ton of perks in Speech and barter gear. Filled petty soul gems cost more than selling an enchanted iron dagger does.

The only way you can profit off of enchanting/smithing is if you go out and fill the gems yourself. (Again, unless you have 5+ perks invested into speech)
    Are you sure about their cost? I might be wrong but buying filled petty soul gems cost 99gold each. With a good enchant, using the purchased petty soul gem, the dagger can sell for 199. And I don't have any points in speech. Nor do I carry any "bartering" gear.
    Last edited by Tuqui-tuqui; 2011-12-08 at 08:32 PM.
    I'm still thinking about it...

Deleted

Not really, you'd need a damage stamina enchant though, for some reason, daggers enchanted with that will sell for a way more. As far as speechcraft is concerned, no, you don't need it high and no perks in it but I always take the first rank and give a coin to a beggar before selling though so don't know.. anyway, the daggers sell for over 100 even at start.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuqui-tuqui View Post
    Are you sure about their cost? I might be wrong but buying filled petty soul gems cost 99gold each. With a good enchant, using the purchased petty soul gem, the dagger can sell for 199. And I don't have any points in speech. Nor do I carry any "bartering" gear.
    You're right, i'm looking at it right now, it's 123 for a filled petty soul gem. Each wizard only sells them in 2's or 3's though. Would still be beyond cumbersome to level it that way.

I was wrong though, my apologies. I don't know why I thought filled petty soul gems were 200g~.

EDIT: I was wearing barter gear when I looked. Fixed
    Last edited by Zafire; 2011-12-08 at 08:41 PM.

You're right, i'm looking at it right now, it's 123 for a filled petty soul gem. Each wizard only sells them in 2's or 3's though. Would still be beyond cumbersome to level it that way.

I was wrong though, my apologies. I don't know why I thought filled petty soul gems were 200g~.

EDIT: I was wearing barter gear when I looked. Fixed
    Well, petty souls, to me, still seem like the best option to level enchanting. I walk everywhere and I have plenty of critters to kill along the way so souls are never wanting. But the vendors' 2 or 3 do certainly help along the way.

Also, have you guys seen this video/mod? AWESOMEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

I'm still thinking about it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuqui-tuqui View Post
    Well, petty souls, to me, still seem like the best option to level enchanting. I walk everywhere and I have plenty of critters to kill along the way so souls are never wanting. But the vendors' 2 or 3 do certainly help along the way.

Also, have you guys seen this video/mod? AWESOMEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

hahaha CHEESE FOR EVERYONE! I love Sheogorath, he is definitely my favorite of all the daedric princes.

heres a little Elder Scrolls dubstep for ya.

Deleted
    Speaking of bugs, I just installed the 1.3 patch and it caused a huge problem, making the game nearly unplayable:S It gets really choppy now and it's not FPS, it's way above 60 all the time and when I stand still it doesn't happen, everything is smooth. Also my computer runs it fine on ultra but I've also turned down the settings and no change. Does anyone know what might be causing it?

Does the fps issue happen in all areas ? It's well documented in bigger zones with a lot of detail like markath/blackreach or some of the larger MQ dungeons.

I installed 1.2 and the only changes I see is that the markath quest bug is somewhat fixed.

Problems I still get:
    1) Dragons flying in reverse, getting stuck, teleporting around, immune to dragonrend,not landing and then unkillable.
    2) In many places there is some kind of audio and video glitch where the screen gets flickery with dim white bands, the water swimming animation and sounds start for a few split seconds (on land or dungeons obviously).
    3) random CTD's when alt tabbing.

Anyway I tried switching to a sneak/light armor/dual dagger build (i'm around level 56); couple of observations:

1) Having the 15x dagger perk obviously means sneak kills are a 1 shot, guaranteed.
    2) Anything that doesn't die in 1 hit is a complete pain; since light armor = getting gibbed by anything with high attack damage
    3) Multiple opponents together make the sneak talents worthless; and since daggers have a very low attack damage it's inferior to other melee builds.
    4) Light armor really sucks
    5) Sneaking around is extremely slow.

Does this get better at 100 sneak ? Can you restealth constantly and get sneak kills on multiple enemies next to each other ?

I'm forming the opinion that anything other than heavy armor+dual wield axe/sword/mace WITHOUT sneak is the way to go; everything else is just load/save tedium and getting gibbed or infinite pot usage. As a contrast dual wield axes with heavy armor; without any of the heavy armor perks just destroys everything with 2 power attacks, takes hardly any damage and handles multiple opponents extremely well.

So,

Useless perks: lock picking, speech, pickpocketing [because making money is just too easy anyway and so is lockpicking]
    Questionable perks: magic- just seems weak, Heavy/Light armor [offense better than defense I guess?]
    Decent perks: two-handed, block, archery, sneak
    Great/"OP" perks: one-handed, smithing, enchanting, alchemy[in descending order]

Each tree in turn has a ton of useless perks inside them, but those are fairly obvious. I think it's important to spend perks on stuff that isn't useless since if you level from levelling useless trees; the game's combat becomes a lot harder and unbalanced against your favor.

You can just constantly level with sneak/lockpicking/restoration/pickpocketing and such; the enemies will scale very high and the gameplay will be just torture.
    Last edited by Neeshka; 2011-12-08 at 10:40 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neeshka View Post
    Does the fps issue happen in all areas ? It's well documented in bigger zones with a lot of detail like markath/blackreach or some of the larger MQ dungeons.

I installed 1.2 and the only changes I see is that the markath quest bug is somewhat fixed.

Problems I still get:
    1) Dragons flying in reverse, getting stuck, teleporting around, immune to dragonrend,not landing and then unkillable.
    2) In many places there is some kind of audio and video glitch where the screen gets flickery with dim white bands, the water swimming animation and sounds start for a few split seconds (on land or dungeons obviously).
    3) random CTD's when alt tabbing.

Anyway I tried switching to a sneak/light armor/dual dagger build (i'm around level 56); couple of observations:

1) Having the 15x dagger perk obviously means sneak kills are a 1 shot, guaranteed.
    2) Anything that doesn't die in 1 hit is a complete pain; since light armor = getting gibbed by anything with high attack damage
    3) Multiple opponents together make the sneak talents worthless; and since daggers have a very low attack damage it's inferior to other melee builds.
    4) Light armor really sucks

Does this get better at 100 sneak ? Can you restealth constantly and get sneak kills on multiple enemies next to each other ?

I'm forming the opinion that anything other than heavy armor+dual wield axe/sword/mace WITHOUT sneak is the way to go; everything else is just load/save tedium and getting gibbed or infinite pot usage.
    It's not a FPS issue, FPS doesn't really drop. It's more of an occasional jumpy thing that is really annoying and happens everywhere (even on minimum detail). It's like your character is suddenly jumping forward a bit while moving, then running normally, then jumping forward again. Also the chat menus are kinda messed up and using a mouse and keyboard together seems to confuse it into selecting the wrong thing.

Anyway, about the lag issue. It's really annoying as it makes the game nearly unplayable, although FPS doesn't drop. It kinda feels like it's stopping all the the time to load something or save and when done works normally again.

EDIT: Bah, found a fix for it, stupid patch turned something called bMouseAccelaration in skirimprefs.ini to 1:P Setting it to 0 seems to have fixed it.
    Last edited by mmocdd0c32dcfc; 2011-12-08 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    Why would that make you laugh? For some reason someone will always use the "wizard did it" excuse if something is bugged, flawed or imbalanced in a game, movie or a book.

You might think what you like but I appreciate realism in games as in no nonsense stuff. Fantasy doesn't mean that the people there are idiots unless otherwise implied and in Skyrims case it isn't. That said, I like Skyrim a lot despite it's bugs and flaws and have no regrets buying it.
    Do the stumps also break your realism? Because the way the tree's were chopped down is not how you are supposed to do it, and would probably kill you