10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    Depends how you play it though. I'm playing on master and trying not to powerlevel anything. Of course it would be really easy to get money if you just bought stuff from shops, crafted things and then wait for 48h for them to restock. I do make decent amounts of money though as an alchemist. The stuff sold in stores actually counts for very little as I pick my herbs while traveling places on foot. But training takes it all away fast:P

As for the training 5/5 every level, it's part of my goal to get everything to 100. I usually train the things I'm not using or don't like, like 2h weapons, heavy armor, block and since there's only so many levels, in the end I would have to put on heavy armor and use a two handed weapon which would be pretty hard, considering I don't plan to use any perks in those trees.

My goal is basically to complete the game on master without dying even once, getting all skills to 100 and completing every non-radiant quest oh and without using wait function, sleeping more than 10h a day and using fast travel:P

It's so much more fun this way as even though most enemies are easy, I can't just run through places and have to look for traps, use resistance gear etc. since one mistake or overestimating the enemy would mean I have to start over. I tried playing it normally at first but it tends to get too easy and grindy after level 20, even on master
    You aren't going to fast travel? I don't think I could make the trip to High Hrothgar more than once on one character.

Depends how you play it though. I'm playing on master and trying not to powerlevel anything. Of course it would be really easy to get money if you just bought stuff from shops, crafted things and then wait for 48h for them to restock. I do make decent amounts of money though as an alchemist. The stuff sold in stores actually counts for very little as I pick my herbs while traveling places on foot. But training takes it all away fast:P

As for the training 5/5 every level, it's part of my goal to get everything to 100. I usually train the things I'm not using or don't like, like 2h weapons, heavy armor, block and since there's only so many levels, in the end I would have to put on heavy armor and use a two handed weapon which would be pretty hard, considering I don't plan to use any perks in those trees.

My goal is basically to complete the game on master without dying even once, getting all skills to 100 and completing every non-radiant quest oh and without using wait function, sleeping more than 10h a day and using fast travel:P

It's so much more fun this way as even though most enemies are easy, I can't just run through places and have to look for traps, use resistance gear etc. since one mistake or overestimating the enemy would mean I have to start over. I tried playing it normally at first but it tends to get too easy and grindy after level 20, even on master
    If you're going to pay for training with the goal of maxing all skills, take my advice. Train alchemy as much as possible. I leveled that to 100, and I doubt I will ever do so again. Even using it frequently, I can't imagine someone ever getting to max through normal play. Skilling up manually from around 60, I had to make about 2500 potions to get to 100. That and archery were probably the two worst.

Actually that doesn't work at all, at least for me:P In theory yes, you could do that but I'd imagine it needs an extensive use of the wait 24h function. It kinda feels like cheating and on par with just using a console command to add all the money. I'm always short of money and haven't yet found any foolproof ways to make it, mainly because I train the more annoying skills every level. For example light armor needs like 1.6k per skill level at this point. I'm playing as a thief so I don't get hit much and naturally it levels up very slowly but I still need the skill in rare cases where I do have to take a few hits.
    Yeah, you have to wait 48 hours, then you can sell more stuff. What I do is get 4k from the fence, go over to the alchemy guy, buy all his mats, then get all my gold back+the 500 he has. Wait 48 hours, repeat. When I run out of potions I'll have a nice fresh stock of ingredients.

I don't feel like it's cheating at all. No different than fast travel really. That's also how I got a lot of elusive enchants, since stores always carry different enchanted gear every 48 hours.

Deleted
    God damnit, playing a Khajiit Thief in this game is easy (compard to my previous mage) but boy is it fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, anyone else having a bug where the quest target isn't there? The arrow is there, but it's just pointing at the ground. Had it happen my last playthrough too, but that was with one of the Aftershock quests, the rift thing didn't show up. Now, however, it's one of Aela's quests for the silver hand and the silver hand leader isn't where he's supposed to be. On the 360.
    "When I was 5 years old, my mother told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me I didn't understand the assignment, I told them they didn't understand life." - John Lennon

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    You aren't going to fast travel? I don't think I could make the trip to High Hrothgar more than once on one character.
    I think I made a trip there like 50 times at least without fast travel:P Had to start over at least 10 times when I died but it's not so bad really.. I can sprint literally forever so it's less than 5min to get up there from Ivarstead and I can just climb down the mountain from the other side to get to Whiterun fast.

But yea, I don't use fast travel at all nor wait and don't really miss it or even feel the temptation. I do use the carts though so getting around isn't as tedious as it might sound.

Playing the game like that just makes it SO much more fun. At least till I died.. then it really sucks having to start over:P It's not that I like it super hard, it's because then I actually have to pay attention and play it as was meant to, not bash my head against the wall till it comes down. Even though it's still pretty easy, I actually have to look for traps in dungeons and scout ahead for tougher mobs cause I might die if I just charge through them.

I must say, I am EXTREMELY disappointed in the UNIQUE armor and weapon models of this game. Don’t get me wrong, I love the game, but there’s seriously some times I wish they had used models from oblivion or even morrowind.

Unique Armor: There is quite a lot of unique named armor in the game, but honestly it’s very indistinguishable from all the other armor. I have to say that nightingale is the only unique armor that looks anywhere near good, and the cape looks horrible while moving. Saviors Hide, a DAEDRIC ARTIFACT looks like leather armor, or could easily be mistaken for such. There’s no particle affects or anything and when you’re wearing it you have no pants on. Ebony Mail, another DAEDRIC ARTIFACT has the same or almost the same exact model as normal ebony armor, I mean come on….its a daedric artifact, id think it would have a special model or at least a few particle affects.

Unique Weapons: This is where my biggest beef is at. I could give shit about the armor, but one of my favorite things to do is collect the unique weapons in the game. And seriously, there’s only a few I would ever consider unique. Dawnbreaker, Volendrung, and Rueful Axe, all DAEDRIC ARTIFACTS have pretty decent models, actually id say they are the best in the game. But seriously, they are daedric artifacts after all, I would expect them to be special. Mehrunes Razor, another daedric artifact has a unique skin but its extremely bland looking. No particle affect, and I would easily have passed it off as another steel/iron dagger if it had been left sitting on a table in a dungeon. Dragonbane, Nightingale Bow, Keening, and Nightingale Sword’s models are all pretty nice as well, but that’s where it ends. Im sorry but I don’t consider Ghostblade or anything like it to be “unique”. It’s the same exact model of Ancient Nord Sword with just a different reskin. In fact, most of the unique weapons are all the same model with different colored “enchants” on them, or even the same exact model with just a special name. And example: Windshear. Love the enchant on it, and after I upgrade it I think I may be using it more, but honestly? Its model is just horrible. Not sure if it was oblivion or morrowind but there was another sword with a name similar to Windshear, and it had a MUCH better model, with a nice particle affect and all. Even adding a particle affect to an existing model would have been better than just tacking on a special name to an already existing model.

Not even talking about the models, why do they consider quest items that you have to turn in unique? Oh sure, if I can steal it back then fine, or kill the person and take it back. But when it completely disappears from the game like Haijiti’s Sword or Dravin’s Bow? They are quest items that sure, you can hold onto, but the minute you turn the quest in they are gone, and you can’t get them back.

I’d be lying if I said I wish they hadn’t taken more models from oblivion and even a few from morrowind when they picked unique weapon models.
    I must say again, I love the game, but this was one of the things I was truly disappointed with.

---------- Post added 2011-12-20 at 06:11 AM ----------

Also.....is anyone else having problems with Arniels Endeavor? I put the warped gem into the conveter or w/e its called and use the spell he teaches you, but nothing happens. And the quest log is bugging out and telling me to return to him but when i return to him i cant even talk with him.
    Last edited by Blackout15; 2011-12-20 at 11:14 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackout15 View Post
    I must say, I am EXTREMELY disappointed in the UNIQUE armor and weapon models of this game. Don’t get me wrong, I love the game, but there’s seriously some times I wish they had used models from oblivion or even morrowind.

Unique Armor: There is quite a lot of unique named armor in the game, but honestly it’s very indistinguishable from all the other armor. I have to say that nightingale is the only unique armor that looks anywhere near good, and the cape looks horrible while moving. Saviors Hide, a DAEDRIC ARTIFACT looks like leather armor, or could easily be mistaken for such. There’s no particle affects or anything and when you’re wearing it you have no pants on. Ebony Mail, another DAEDRIC ARTIFACT has the same or almost the same exact model as normal ebony armor, I mean come on….its a daedric artifact, id think it would have a special model or at least a few particle affects.

Unique Weapons: This is where my biggest beef is at. I could give shit about the armor, but one of my favorite things to do is collect the unique weapons in the game. And seriously, there’s only a few I would ever consider unique. Dawnbreaker, Volendrung, and Rueful Axe, all DAEDRIC ARTIFACTS have pretty decent models, actually id say they are the best in the game. But seriously, they are daedric artifacts after all, I would expect them to be special. Mehrunes Razor, another daedric artifact has a unique skin but its extremely bland looking. No particle affect, and I would easily have passed it off as another steel/iron dagger if it had been left sitting on a table in a dungeon. Dragonbane, Nightingale Bow, Keening, and Nightingale Sword’s models are all pretty nice as well, but that’s where it ends. Im sorry but I don’t consider Ghostblade or anything like it to be “unique”. It’s the same exact model of Ancient Nord Sword with just a different reskin. In fact, most of the unique weapons are all the same model with different colored “enchants” on them, or even the same exact model with just a special name. And example: Windshear. Love the enchant on it, and after I upgrade it I think I may be using it more, but honestly? Its model is just horrible. Not sure if it was oblivion or morrowind but there was another sword with a name similar to Windshear, and it had a MUCH better model, with a nice particle affect and all. Even adding a particle affect to an existing model would have been better than just tacking on a special name to an already existing model.
    Not even talking about the models, why do they consider quest items that you have to turn in unique? Oh sure, if I can steal it back then fine, or kill the person and take it back. But when it completely disappears from the game like Haijiti’s Sword or Dravin’s Bow? They are quest items that sure, you can hold onto, but the minute you turn the quest in they are gone, and you can’t get them back.

I’d be lying if I said I wish they hadn’t taken more models from oblivion and even a few from morrowind when they picked unique weapon models.
    I must say again, I love the game, but this was one of the things I was truly disappointed with.

---------- Post added 2011-12-20 at 06:11 AM ----------

Also.....is anyone else having problems with Arniels Endeavor? I put the warped gem into the conveter or w/e its called and use the spell he teaches you, but nothing happens. And the quest log is bugging out and telling me to return to him but when i return to him i cant even talk with him.
    Actually I see it as a bonus that there are no particle effects. I like the low fantasy setting much more than the WoW style. In other words magic exists but only a select few can use it or get their hands on magic artifacts. I mean in Skyrim all armor actually looks good, even hide and iron. No particle effects is a huge plus for me. I absolutely hated that enchanted armor used to glow in Morrowind.

But if you really want that, whats stopping you from getting a mod? I know I'd get a mod if they did have flashy lightshows going on to remove them

---------- Post added 2011-12-20 at 11:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    If you're going to pay for training with the goal of maxing all skills, take my advice. Train alchemy as much as possible. I leveled that to 100, and I doubt I will ever do so again. Even using it frequently, I can't imagine someone ever getting to max through normal play. Skilling up manually from around 60, I had to make about 2500 potions to get to 100. That and archery were probably the two worst.
    Yep, I'm doing that as it's the only reliable way to make money:P Herbs are pretty abundant while mines and such are not and hunting for hides doesn't give a good income. They're pretty cheap.

But on top of that, doing the random fed ex quests gives a nice bonus too but it's kind of ridiculous that people pay me 500 gold to deliver some dog meat to the castle that takes like 2 minutes tops while miners get that much in a few weeks if you believe what the ones in Markath are saying:P

Cant, im on console. And it doesnt even have to be particle affects, id prefer it wasnt like you said. But for the unique items it would have been nice to see a different model every now and then....instead of Ancient Nord Sword....over....and over.....and over........AND OVER....again.

I prefer making and upgrading ebony bows, then selling them to thieves guild fences for making money. For the price of 4 ebony bars I can make like 2k gold with my smithing set equipped. Making those in bulk, you get gold fast. Though my way requires that you already be high level, as you need a consistent supply of ebony bars, and the only quick way to get massive amount is via buying them.

Easy way to get ebony if your a lower level, go to the orc strong hold in the far east, the one nearest Windhelm...forget the name. In their mine you can mine 30+ ebony ore.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout15 View Post
    Easy way to get ebony if your a lower level, go to the orc strong hold in the far east, the one nearest Windhelm...forget the name. In their mine you can mine 30+ ebony ore.
    I know, but 30 isn't very much, and it takes a LONG time for veins of ore to respawn. I probably went through 500 pieces of ebony ore just from making ebony bows and selling them to level speech.

Deleted
    Why does Destruction take sooo damn long to skill up compared to other skills? I have only Alchemy and Destruction left and every other skill is at 100. So if I cast "Flames" it takes ages to gain a lvl (57 atm). I have nice magica and 300% reg, but it takes literally forever although I can basically just cast flames all the time (Master).

What am I missing? Is there some spell that gains you more and faster xp?

Edit: I know that I need to be in combat for it to work
    Last edited by mmocac05adb153; 2011-12-20 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    Why does Destruction take sooo damn long to skill up compared to other skills? I have only Alchemy and Destruction left and every other skill is at 100. So if I cast "Flames" it takes ages to gain a lvl (57 atm). I have nice magica and 300% reg, but it takes literally forever although I can basically just cast flames all the time (Master).

What am I missing? Is there some spell that gains you more and faster xp?

Edit: I know that I need to be in combat for it to work
    I used the expert level spell wall of storms, along with 4 -25% destruction spell cost items that I enchanted myself. I then shot Shadowmere with that. It went extremely quickly, around 10 minutes if I recall.

Deleted
    I used the expert level spell wall of storms, along with 4 -25% destruction spell cost items that I enchanted myself. I then shot Shadowmere with that. It went extremely quickly, around 10 minutes if I recall.
    Ah well so i will try that out when I am at home thx I was raging really hard because of the slow xp from flames and I was never sure which spell will net me more

Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    Ah well so i will try that out when I am at home thx I was raging really hard because of the slow xp from flames and I was never sure which spell will net me more
    No problem. My heart goes out to you for the alchemy grind though. That takes forever. The only tip I can give for that is that regenerate magicka potions seemed to give a little more experience.

Deleted
    No problem. My heart goes out to you for the alchemy grind though. That takes forever. The only tip I can give for that is that regenerate magicka potions seemed to give a little more experience.
    Yeah this will indeed be a grind because i´m only lvl 30 or so (never cared) well I will look into that when destro is at 100

Edit: I will prolly go with invisibility potions! As Chaurus eggs and moth wings are easy to come by. On http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/A..._Tips#Leveling it says that:

"The most expensive single effects are invisibility, paralyze, slow, and the regenerate types (health, stamina, magicka). These are two to three times more effective than other potions when giving skill points. Since the effect costs are additive, a potion with more effects may have higher cost than a potion with one of these high value effects. Hanging Moss + Bear Claws, Dwarven Oil + Salt Pile, and Vampire Dust + Luna Moth Wing are the best cost/reagent combinations."
    Last edited by mmocac05adb153; 2011-12-20 at 02:50 PM.

Anyone else noticed that Falk Firebeard in the blue palace in Solitude looks just like Chuck Norris?

Just reached level 10. Loving the game. It started slow. But after level 4 and especially getting the shout training and become a trusted member of the companions (you know what I mean ), the game has just become too amazing. I also got the hang of the professions etc.

Still haven't join any side in the civil war. I went to Windhelm and saw Ulfric and his army. It was pretty impressive, the talk, the voice acting, the city. Thought about joining them but it didn't feel right. Thought I would join the Empire on my warrior (playing warrior right now), and join Stormcloaks on another character for different kind of story.

That being said, I'm enjoying the whole civil war thing much more then the dragons storyline so far. The story is immense. It took me sometime to get used to it (I didn't know the Imperial supported the Empire, who Ulfric was, Stormcloaks etc). and still need to learn a lot.

Can anyone tell me the highest level a player can get and if it is possible to get every single talent. If yes, how. Please let me know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterisbest View Post
    Just reached level 10. Loving the game. It started slow. But after level 4 and especially getting the shout training and become a trusted member of the companions (you know what I mean ), the game has just become too amazing. I also got the hang of the professions etc.

Still haven't join any side in the civil war. I went to Windhelm and saw Ulfric and his army. It was pretty impressive, the talk, the voice acting, the city. Thought about joining them but it didn't feel right. Thought I would join the Empire on my warrior (playing warrior right now), and join Stormcloaks on another character for different kind of story.

That being said, I'm enjoying the whole civil war thing much more then the dragons storyline so far. The story is immense. It took me sometime to get used to it (I didn't know the Imperial supported the Empire, who Ulfric was, Stormcloaks etc). and still need to learn a lot.

Can anyone tell me the highest level a player can get and if it is possible to get every single talent. If yes, how. Please let me know.
    Nice to see that you enjoy the game! The max. lvl is 81 and you can´t get every perk, you can get a lot but not all tho (80 to be exact). I like the civil war storyline much more than the main story! The main story just does not feel epic and in depth enough for my taste
    Last edited by mmocac05adb153; 2011-12-20 at 09:50 PM.