Quote Originally Posted by Waterisbest View Post
    Can anyone tell me the highest level a player can get and if it is possible to get every single talent. If yes, how. Please let me know.
    The highest possible level is 81, I believe, which requires you to get every skill (One-handed, Destruction, Alchemy etc.) to 100 through training. Doing so gives you 80 perks, or talents, which is about a third (I think?) of the total. So no, you can't get every single talent.

You ask for more? Then come, traveler, to the Whispering Deep, where only the mad walk.
    Raid Idea: The Whispering Deep and Ny'alotha

Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Umbra - you are a god.

Downloaded the newest PS3 patch and now it randomly freezes....
    Sapperwix
    Blue Poster

The turtles... they're learning!

Deleted

[Skyrim] Any way of quick switching from 1H+shield to spell+shield?

Hey,

I know of the favorite list, and the quick selections (1-9). They do not, however, work the way I'd like. What I want on my "paladin" is to switch from shield+weapon to shield+spell, so that my left hand retains my shield at all times, and my right hand switches between a weapon and a spell.

To me it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever to put away your shield when you're casting a healing spell in the middle of combat. Obviously I want to keep the shield, and use the spell in my weapon hand.

If I have shield+weapon, and choose the spell with a quick selection, I end up with spell+weapon. Then I'd have to quick select the spell again to have dual casting, and then select the shield to get to shield+spell. Talk about an asinine system.

I tried the extended hotkeys which give me 40 "configurable" (yeah, from the .ini, not in game) hotkeys, but it doesn't seem to work either.

Does anyone know of a mod that allows us to switch from shield+weapon to shield+spell with one quick key, or am I doing something wrong here?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ghlight=skyrim

Every skyrim thread other than that one and the technical issues one have been locked so far as I see.
    You might want to post the question in there.

Hey All...So I’ve decided to pick up Skyrim since I am really fascinated by the entire game and the reviews that I’ve read.

Let me start of by saying that I have no experience with the Elder Scrolls Series. Skyrim will be my first. Ever since being exposed to the LOTR books and films I’ve had a soft spot for elves. Even in WoW, when I played the game, I created night elves and blood elves. I love using a bow.

I am currently deciding between a High Elf, Dark Elf, Wood Elf and Nords. What would be a good race to start with in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by wynterlyn View Post
    Hey All...So I’ve decided to pick up Skyrim since I am really fascinated by the entire game and the reviews that I’ve read.

Let me start of by saying that I have no experience with the Elder Scrolls Series. Skyrim will be my first. Ever since being exposed to the LOTR books and films I’ve had a soft spot for elves. Even in WoW, when I played the game, I created night elves and blood elves. I love using a bow.

I am currently deciding between a High Elf, Dark Elf, Wood Elf and Nords. What would be a good race to start with in the game?
    Any race is good, just depends on what you want to look like. Personally, after you reach a certain level the powers of each race become slightly useless, though the 50% frost resist with Nord and 50% first resist with Dark Elf are both good. The high elves start with extra mana and have the power to regen mana quickly for a short time, very good for mages or battlemages who wish to focus more on weapons. Not sure about wood elves, they start with better stats in things for thieves, but their command animal power is (i feel) kind of useless.

Oh ok ..So I was thinking of starting a Nord and probably joining the Stormcloak. Which guild should I work towards? I am going to be levelling as a warrior .

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout15 View Post
    but their command animal power is (i feel) kind of useless.
    Clearly you've never had the joy of turning mammoths against their giant masters.

The Companions in Whiterun are more suitable for a warrior-type character. Talk to the innkeeper in Whiterun, she can probably give you directions.

You ask for more? Then come, traveler, to the Whispering Deep, where only the mad walk.

Umbra - you are a god.

*Main quest line spoliers*

IMO the blades are showing them as complete D-bags in this game just like The botherhood of Steel did in Fallout New Vegas. Even after you kill Alduin and save the world they demand you kill Paarthurnax and ignore you until you do, which contradicts themselves. They say they took an oath to kill dragons and protect the world and doing that involves helping the dragonborne. Now they are saying another oath prevents them from helping you until you do their dirty work and kill this dragon for something he did hundreds of years ago. He even says he can be trusted the Blade just don't know it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post

IMO the blades are showing them as complete D-bags in this game just like The botherhood of Steel did in Fallout New Vegas. Even after you kill Alduin and save the world they demand you kill Paarthurnax and ignore you until you do, which contradicts themselves. They say they took an oath to kill dragons and protect the world and doing that involves helping the dragonborne. Now they are saying another oath prevents them from helping you until you do their dirty work and kill this dragon for something he did hundreds of years ago. He even says he can be trusted the Blade just don't know it.
    Yeah, when I got the Paarthunax quest I was like wait, wtf? I have yet to kill him..
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbra View Post
    Clearly you've never had the joy of turning mammoths against their giant masters.

The Companions in Whiterun are more suitable for a warrior-type character. Talk to the innkeeper in Whiterun, she can probably give you directions.
    For some reason I didn't like the Companions at all at first, till the very end. Only Kodlak was pretty nice. A small spoiler.. they pretty much force a nasty disease on you and although you can just walk away, you can't do any more of their quests till you accept. In the end though, I think Varkas, Vilkas and Eorlund were pretty decent and kinda made up for all the stuff at the start.

AS for the elves part, I think high elves are closest to the Tolkien elves, but a lot of them are sort of evilish. Wood elves aren't so much:P They're cannibals.

Yeah, i hate this quest and refuse to do it. Id prefer to kill the blades over paarthunax. But the quest disappeared after i killed alduin so *shrug*.

Yeah, i hate this quest and refuse to do it. Id prefer to kill the blades over paarthunax. But the quest disappeared after i killed alduin so *shrug*.
    Same thing happened to me... It didn't 'fail' the quest either, it just seemed to disappear. Anyway - as a 'dragonborn' i felt more affinity with the Graybeards (who seem to trust Paarthunax) than with 'the blades', if they're supposed to help the dragonborn, what the hell place do they have to tell me what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadgalaul View Post
    Same thing happened to me... It didn't 'fail' the quest either, it just seemed to disappear. Anyway - as a 'dragonborn' i felt more affinity with the Graybeards (who seem to trust Paarthunax) than with 'the blades', if they're supposed to help the dragonborn, what the hell place do they have to tell me what to do.
    What's even worse is that Paarthurnax was protected by past Emperors of the dragon bloodline, the descendants of Talos, the ones that the Blades are sworn to serve. Technically, under the laws of the old Empire, killing Paarthurnax would be both treason and blasphemy. Esbern says Paarthurnax deserves to die, who the hell is he to disagree with Talos lol?

For those who haven't seen it yet;

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadgalaul View Post
    So if I understand it right, it is possible to leave him alive and complete the game while not screwing up your relations with the Blades completely? I've yet to finish the main story and if it's possible would rather not kill Paarthurnax. Or is it like if you kill Alduin, they still insist on killing Paarthurnax too? Or possibly you can't even advance the story without killing him.

He even says he can be trusted the Blade just don't know it.
    So we should trust him on the sole basis that he tells us to?

Umbra - you are a god.

Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    So if I understand it right, it is possible to leave him alive and complete the game while not screwing up your relations with the Blades completely? I've yet to finish the main story and if it's possible would rather not kill Paarthurnax. Or is it like if you kill Alduin, they still insist on killing Paarthurnax too? Or possibly you can't even advance the story without killing him.
    From what I've read so far you should be able to actually join the Blades and find their armor and stuff. I haven't been able to and I blame this on the fact that I kept Parthurnaax alive. But I'm not actually sure that's why.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    From what i understand, the blades dont find out about paarthurnax until right before you go off to kill alduin. Or at least thats when they found out for me, by that point i had completed all to most of their quests and have the armor and weapons. Pretty sure the only thing im missing out on by not killing paarthurnax is the dragon slayer blessing from esbern....and honestly....i couldnt care less. After i killed alduin they still insist on killing paarthurnax, but the quest itself has disappeared for me, and as i see it, they have nothing else to give to me so im keeping paarthurnax alive.

Deleted
    From what i understand, the blades dont find out about paarthurnax until right before you go off to kill alduin. Or at least thats when they found out for me, by that point i had completed all to most of their quests and have the armor and weapons. Pretty sure the only thing im missing out on by not killing paarthurnax is the dragon slayer blessing from esbern....and honestly....i couldnt care less. After i killed alduin they still insist on killing paarthurnax, but the quest itself has disappeared for me, and as i see it, they have nothing else to give to me so im keeping paarthurnax alive.
    Ok, thanks, going to do the same then. Paarthurnax > blades any day of the week, to be honest:P Plus I'm playing a character who avoids killing intelligent creatures for the sake of killing and if there are alternatives, takes them. So just having to kill him in cold blood is not something I would do and would hate it if you couldn't complete the main quest without it.