Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    If we are already talking about spiders Has anyone of you played Gears of War 3? You know there is this fucking huge "mother" spider you have to fight in a cave. You know I have a bad arachnophobia and this was the worst moment in my gaming career. I needed to shut down my xbox or otherwise I would´ve gone insane

That picture makes me cringe even if it looks somewhat mechanical! My problem with Spiders in Skyrim, however, is not so much (But some!) their size, more the combination of realism and my-fangs-will-cut-your-heart-out-as-I-lay-my-eggs-in-your-tummy-and-watch-you-give-birth-to-my-children-while-I-laugh-at-you-and-spit-poison-down-your-throat-and-embumber... *Deep breath*...you-with-my-big-mighty-web-and-serve-you-to-our-new-children-esque they have to them. They honestly scare me. Alot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasperio View Post
    That picture makes me cringe even if it looks somewhat mechanical! My problem with Spiders in Skyrim, however, is not so much (But some!) their size, more the combination of realism and my-fangs-will-cut-your-heart-out-as-I-lay-my-eggs-in-your-tummy-and-watch-you-give-birth-to-my-children-while-I-laugh-at-you-and-spit-poison-down-your-throat-and-embumber... *Deep breath*...you-with-my-big-mighty-web-and-serve-you-to-our-new-children-esque they have to them. They honestly scare me. Alot.
    Yeah I hate the spiders in skyrim too but that one spider was actually non mechanical it was ALIVE and fucking HUGE. I mean I have never played that game again ever
    Last edited by mmocac05adb153; 2012-01-14 at 07:15 PM.

Deleted
    Yeah I hate the spiders in skyrim too but that one spider was actually non mechanical it was ALIVE and fucking HUGE. I mean I have never played that game again ever
    Haha, Urgh! I would SO hate to have that happen to me xD

As I said, even the picture freaks me a bit, so just imagining it happening during intense gameplay.. No, no thank you! xD

Fortunately, Spiders in WoW are far less realistic, and their bunnyhop attacks makes them much less of a scare (Which I've praised time and time again! xD) but I do know a girl who's dead scared of sharks. Like.. ANY sharks. Heck, if you say "Shark" she'll flitch. She deliberately avoided questlines in World of Warcraft involving sharks, careing not for a second that she'd miss out on an entire zone (Borean Tundra, Howling Fjord).

But hey.. As said, those Skyrim Spiders atleast serve a poison-purpose, since I'm not all into mixing my own poisons, so I swallow hard and chew through them just to harvest their venom. Even if it can sometimes make me cringe. One of the worst is in those Markarth Ruins... EEEK!

Deleted
    Yeah the spiders in WoW are a joke Despite my spider hate I had absolutely no problems back in Wotlk with Naxx and the spider wing. I am glad that they are not realistic at all !!

But Gears of War 3 in general is scary as shit I mean not only this HUGE spider there were other incredibly scary things creeping around. I regret buying that game ever since that incident GG

Is Gears 3 really that scary? Gears 1 berserker fights scare me a LOT more, especially the first one. It's weird, I guess I just never thought of Corpsers as Spiders, they're Corpsers, totally different! The Mother Corpser was actually my second favorite fight in Gears 3.

I think the only time that Gears 3 made me jump was when I was running from the Lambent Berserker. I was waiting on some cover for the Hammer of Dawn to pass by the gate so I could run in, and I literally just saw her charge some Gears. So I figured, okay, I should be fine for the 5 seconds or so this'll take, then I can just mantle and run in. A few seconds later, she charged RIGHT by me. Like, I don't know how I wasn't downed it was so close. Seeing the Lambent Berserker suddenly taking up most of my screen when I wasn't expecting it made me jump a little.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2012-01-14 at 08:07 PM.

Deleted
    Yeah technically they are corpsers but you know they look like spiders somehow. At least this mother corpser was fucking insane !! Such a scary shit

The berserker especially the big one and I mean the really big one (forgot his name) is also scary

Seems that I am not made for such games GG I´ll stick with other types.

Edit: Those flying zeppelin style creatures where also strange !! I was like WTF is that !!! OMG

Yeah technically they are corpsers but you know they look like spiders somehow. At least this mother corpser was fucking insane !! Such a scary shit

The berserker especially the big one and I mean the really big one (forgot his name) is also scary

Seems that I am not made for such games GG I´ll stick with other types.

Edit: Those flying zeppelin style creatures where also strange !! I was like WTF is that !!! OMG
    There's only one Berserker in Gears 3, not including multiplayer modes, and it's the Lambent Berserker. Also, fun fact, Berserkers are Locust females, possibly females of the Boomer subspecies.

And I totally get that Corpsers look like Spiders lol. I just never really associated them as such because they're actually quite different. Corpsers have actual bones, not an exoskeleton like Spiders. Corpsers also don't really walk on all their legs at once like a Spider does, they sort of just use their legs to drag themselves across the ground. They also aren't venomous, and they don't have fangs, or even exposed teeth. They don't spin webs, and they don't lay eggs inside other creatures. Corpsers are actually more similar to armadillos in a way.

I dunno, hopefully my description makes Corpsers seem at least a little less scary to you.

Deleted
    The normal small corpsers where not that scary but that HUGE one was scary as shit with all those eyes and it was running around like crazy at the end when you had destroyed all eyes.

I am shivering right now thinking about that again.

I think we should totally stop that spider talk

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    There's only one Berserker in Gears 3, not including multiplayer modes, and it's the Lambent Berserker. Also, fun fact, Berserkers are Locust females, possibly females of the Boomer subspecies.

And I totally get that Corpsers look like Spiders lol. I just never really associated them as such because they're actually quite different. Corpsers have actual bones, not an exoskeleton like Spiders. Corpsers also don't really walk on all their legs at once like a Spider does, they sort of just use their legs to drag themselves across the ground. They also aren't venomous, and they don't have fangs, or even exposed teeth. They don't spin webs, and they don't lay eggs inside other creatures. Corpsers are actually more similar to armadillos in a way.

I dunno, hopefully my description makes Corpsers seem at least a little less scary to you.
    Yeah! Instead of being scared of spiders, you've got nothing to worry about as you'll be facing Semi-legusing, Bonerigged, Ground dragging Armadillos ---Who looks like Spiders.

AWESOME! =D

Yeah! Instead of being scared of spiders, you've got nothing to worry about as you'll be facing Semi-legusing, Bonerigged, Ground dragging Armadillos ---Who looks like Spiders.

AWESOME! =D
    Ahahahaha! Uh, sorry if I scared anyone with my strange spider/armadillo type talk.

Um, time to change the subject. I think we need some humor in this thread, so time for a funny video! Warning, video contains naughty language, don't let children hear it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1XLY2e3BZ8

Deleted
    That video is just priceless HAHA

Edit: Found this also super funny !

This one is amazing too I am just laughing my ass off OMG

Just found another funny vid you need to watch it !! http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=0EuzuAodS_o
    Last edited by mmocac05adb153; 2012-01-14 at 09:44 PM.

Deleted
    Hahahaha, had a major laugh of the second and third of those videos! Great stuff, Megaira :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbra View Post
    The quest you want to be doing is called "Compelling Tribute" and involves going into Markarth. "Liberation of Skyrim" is the overarching quest.
    I believe I have done that quest already. When I get home I'll check my logs and see if it's been completed and perhaps message you if I've already done it. Thank you!
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

I'm having some problems finding Shadowmere for some reason and need some help. I checked all the stables in every town.

Also having problems with my companion not attacking anything without my telling her to. Even if the bandit is right behind her, attacking her back repeatedly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why does heavy armor feel so squishy? I formatted my hard disk and totally forgot to back up the savegames so I'm restarting. I went with the conventional heavy armor 2H character to see if it plays differently this time around.

I can't tank stuffs. I'd meet a bandit chief who would just slice my 160 health to 0 (level 15). It takes me about 20 power attacks to kill him, but it's really annoying when I kite him for 19 power attacks and he connects his blade before I land my 20th and I'm dead.

I'm playing without any exploit, powerleveling or cheesing, so my smithing is at 25 or so and I'm not doing enchanting or alchemy. How do I kill him? I try to avoid getting hit but... it just doesn't make sense that a heavy armor warrior would run away and try to not get hit at all like a thief. I mean, can't I at least take a few hits? >.>

Deleted
    Hahahaha, had a major laugh of the second and third of those videos! Great stuff, Megaira :P
    Glad that you liked them There are tons of other funny vids on youtube just type "Skyrim parody" and you get tons of brilliant stuff GG

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Corylyn View Post
    Why does heavy armor feel so squishy? I formatted my hard disk and totally forgot to back up the savegames so I'm restarting. I went with the conventional heavy armor 2H character to see if it plays differently this time around.

I can't tank stuffs. I'd meet a bandit chief who would just slice my 160 health to 0 (level 15). It takes me about 20 power attacks to kill him, but it's really annoying when I kite him for 19 power attacks and he connects his blade before I land my 20th and I'm dead.

I'm playing without any exploit, powerleveling or cheesing, so my smithing is at 25 or so and I'm not doing enchanting or alchemy. How do I kill him? I try to avoid getting hit but... it just doesn't make sense that a heavy armor warrior would run away and try to not get hit at all like a thief. I mean, can't I at least take a few hits? >.>
    Hehe, at lower levels, it's hard to be the big ol' tankaroo in Skyrim. Especially against Bandit Chiefs. I also do believe Bandit Chiefs have a generic level that does not change, and meeting one below that value makes for an extremely difficult combat. My best advice would be to stock up on potions and poisons (From stores, since you don't 'cheese' which I +1 ) aswell as try to use the enviroment to your advantage. The whole hit-n-run theme seems dull for a big warrior indeed, but obstacles which can serve as a block to you while you aim your power attack may be priceless. Afterall... even the greatest warriors uses tactics from time to time.

Alternately, you could set down the difficulty. I admittedly set down my difficulty on several of my characters I've played, at the start, untill they became more power oriented or had atleast enough health to survive a coupple of hits.

Gameplaywise, as a 2h Warrior. If you're really into avoid using Alch/Ench/Smith then I applaud you. I know very few who's done the same as us. It leads to incredibly detailed tactic demanding combat, rather than the usual 'legendary armor in super enchants' godlike status it's fairly easy to reach, even on hardest. You should consider a few things, however, for this playstyle. 1: Your heavy armor won't be anywhere NEAR the quality of several upgraded light armors, so don't consider an unupgraded heavy armor much tougher than a mediocrely upgraded light armor. Also, your blade/axe/mace will rely on your playstyle and ability to utilize it. Find what weapon suits you best in combat. Personally, I loved the look of swords, but found 2h Axes was more my playstyle for the big Warrior. Not the fastest, but it seemed to compliment my power attacks well, and they're not the slowest either like maces.

All in all, just keep at it, fellow adventurer. I'll be cheering for you on the sidelines =)

You're trying to beat a lvl 25(or 28 not sure) npc with a lvl 15 toon. It's no wonder you're having a hard time You should be coming up against Bandit Highwaymen/Plunderers those are/should be within your fighting range :P

I think Bandit Chiefs are the only ones who use head armor so if you see those, TURN AROUND before you take an arrow to the knee!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hehe, at lower levels, it's hard to be the big ol' tankaroo in Skyrim. Especially against Bandit Chiefs. I also do believe Bandit Chiefs have a generic level that does not change, and meeting one below that value makes for an extremely difficult combat. My best advice would be to stock up on potions and poisons (From stores, since you don't 'cheese' which I +1 ) aswell as try to use the enviroment to your advantage. The whole hit-n-run theme seems dull for a big warrior indeed, but obstacles which can serve as a block to you while you aim your power attack may be priceless. Afterall... even the greatest warriors uses tactics from time to time.

Alternately, you could set down the difficulty. I admittedly set down my difficulty on several of my characters I've played, at the start, untill they became more power oriented or had atleast enough health to survive a coupple of hits.

Gameplaywise, as a 2h Warrior. If you're really into avoid using Alch/Ench/Smith then I applaud you. I know very few who's done the same as us. It leads to incredibly detailed tactic demanding combat, rather than the usual 'legendary armor in super enchants' godlike status it's fairly easy to reach, even on hardest. You should consider a few things, however, for this playstyle. 1: Your heavy armor won't be anywhere NEAR the quality of several upgraded light armors, so don't consider an unupgraded heavy armor much tougher than a mediocrely upgraded light armor. Also, your blade/axe/mace will rely on your playstyle and ability to utilize it. Find what weapon suits you best in combat. Personally, I loved the look of swords, but found 2h Axes was more my playstyle for the big Warrior. Not the fastest, but it seemed to compliment my power attacks well, and they're not the slowest either like maces.

All in all, just keep at it, fellow adventurer. I'll be cheering for you on the sidelines =)
    I agree! Before my savegames died, I played a sneak archer. He was a lot of fun, but I was level 48 and by that time, even without enchanting and alchemy, it was getting too easy. Sneak, fire arrow, hide, wait, fire arrow, etc. I wasn't one-shotting things, but my light armor skill was at 30-ish lol. Nothing was really a challenge. I brought companions along too, so that negated my character's only weakness which was being caught in open combat.

When I restarted, I decided to go with Nord warrior, just because I have a little bit of RP in me and I couldn't wrap my mind around playing a Dragonborn, hero of skyrim, who steals things and slits throats. I do have smithing, but I'm not putting points in enchanting and I can't stomach alchemy anyway. Enchanting will level naturally as I find magic items and DE them, but no perks.

I'm through and through a swordsman. So this time I decided to see if it plays differently this time around. My very very first character was a traditional sword/board character, but I never got him beyond level 10, because I was still getting used to the game. Recently I read a really great book ingame: "Killing - Before You Are Killed". The book teaches you how to do hand-to-hand combat, some of those may be common sense to a veteran Skyrim player, but it made for a great "I GET IT NOW" moment for me. Lots of tactical decisions. Fun!

And then I met the bandit chief. No amount of tactics helped. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    You're trying to beat a lvl 25(or 28 not sure) npc with a lvl 15 toon. It's no wonder you're having a hard time You should be coming up against Bandit Highwaymen/Plunderers those are/should be within your fighting range :P

I think Bandit Chiefs are the only ones who use head armor so if you see those, TURN AROUND before you take an arrow to the knee!
    :O! I did not know that! You'd think after 100 hours I'd know something as basic as that. >.< I know Giants are one of those 'fixed level' mobs, but I thought they were the only one, and certainly did not expect a mob in a dungeon to be fixed. Thank you so much, now I know why I'm having such a hard time. Grr.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post

Yeah you are right there There are mobs like Bandit Chiefs or giants with a fixed lvl and esp. Bandit chiefs can oneshot you if you are too low on lvl. Same goes with Dragon Priests and stuff.

I had fun times doing the Winterhold quest in Labyrinthian at lvl 19 or so because Morokei was sooo difficult ... I barely managed to beat him with some luck because he got stuck and did not move so I was able to dps him down from the distance. That was horrible.