My mage character is currently at 85 enchanting and 80 smithing, with my magic skills around the same levels. I've been planning on eventually making Dragonscale armor and enchanting it with 100% reduced destruction spell costs + magicka regen so I can be an armored mage. Currently I'm just wearing cloth and leather and Morokei. Is this a good plan or are there some strings attached? Otherwise I don't see why every spellcaster wouldn't work towards it. (Except for that one mage armor perk, but I don't like constantly casting my alteration armors)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felshen View Post
    My mage character is currently at 85 enchanting and 80 smithing, with my magic skills around the same levels. I've been planning on eventually making Dragonscale armor and enchanting it with 100% reduced destruction spell costs + magicka regen so I can be an armored mage. Currently I'm just wearing cloth and leather and Morokei. Is this a good plan or are there some strings attached? Otherwise I don't see why every spellcaster wouldn't work towards it. (Except for that one mage armor perk, but I don't like constantly casting my alteration armors)
    Why wouldn't it be a good plan? It's definitely a way to play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Corylyn View Post
    Why wouldn't it be a good plan? It's definitely a way to play it.
    Oh, that's good to hear, thanks. I just thought it was too good to be true. IIRC, heavy armor reduces magicka regen rate and reduces your speed, yet Dragonscale armor is nearly as good as heavy armor with no apparent drawbacks.

Also, does one have to go through the whole heavy armor side of the Smithing tree to get Daedric, or can it be reached from the left light armor side after getting the Dragon armor perk?

Deleted
    Oh, that's good to hear, thanks. I just thought it was too good to be true. IIRC, heavy armor reduces magicka regen rate and reduces your speed, yet Dragonscale armor is nearly as good as heavy armor with no apparent drawbacks.

Also, does one have to go through the whole heavy armor side of the Smithing tree to get Daedric, or can it be reached from the left light armor side after getting the Dragon armor perk?
    I'm afraid even if it's a circle, you'll have to go left or right and end at the top no matter what you do, mate! It's a bit of a shame, but makes sense, does'nt it? =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if heavy armor reduces magicka regen rate, this is actually the first time I've heard it. Doesn't mean it's not true though. It does reduce speed, until you get Conditioning. I'm still not sure about why you think it may have strings attached. The pinnacle of magic users is being able to spam spells via 0 cost. The pinnacle of melee users is, well, one-hit-kill stuffs. If you like that playstyle, then it's definitely a valid way to play.

At endgame, light armor and heavy armor has no apparent difference - both reduce incoming melee damage by 80%. The keyword here is 'endgame'. The paths towards that endgame are very, very different. Light armor is quiet, heavy armor makes sneaking hard. Light armor has less armor than heavy armor, so you take more damage than heavy armor.

But once you reach endgame, light armor and heavy armor makes no noise and doesn't reduce your speed (Conditioning/Unhindered), both reduce incoming melee damage by 80% (reaching armor cap via smithing and the armor bonus perks). The final destination is the same. The journey is what makes light armor different from heavy armor. Makes sense?

Unfortunately, you meet up at Dragon Smithing. You cannot go down from Dragon to Daedric.

Deleted
    Anyone who is playing without the Legendary Wuuthrad mod has my pity.

EDIT: Anyone else think that Dragon armour is just Ancient Nord armour with dragonbones stuck on it? In terms of aesthetic, of course.
    Last edited by mmoc2636c1d1f2; 2012-01-25 at 02:27 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostbane View Post
    Anyone who isn't playing without the Legendary Wuuthrad mod has my pity.

EDIT: Anyone else think that Dragon armour is just Ancient Nord armour with dragonbones stuck on it? In terms of aesthetic, of course.
    1: That mod seems rather silly to me. But I guess if you really like the weapon and want it to be even more powerful...

2: Not... not really. I mean, I get the subtle resemblance but.. err.. I guess I'm not paying close enough attention =S

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasperio View Post
    1: That mod seems rather silly to me. But I guess if you really like the weapon and want it to be even more powerful...
    THEN YOU ARE NO TRUE SON OF SKYRIM. BEGONE FROM OUR REALM!

2: Not... not really. I mean, I get the subtle resemblance but.. err.. I guess I'm not paying close enough attention =S
    Maybe it's just because both of them have 'bicep bands' and fur at the boots.

Difficulty: Master
    Race: Imperial
    Genger: Male
    Level: 6
    Weapons: Shield/1 hand Axe
    Armor: Heavy
    Perks: None
    Follower: Lydia
    Married to: Ysolda

I take some serious time in killing a single mob. If there are 3 mobs, then it's either bye bye or I have to use a trap to kill them. Use of potions, poisons and specials is a must to take down a slightly higher level mob, or a couple of mobs for that matter.

Have died about a 100 times now for sure. Can't progress right now because all the quests are too difficult. Finding a way to level up a little (only the "right" way, not any glitches or anything). Thinking of doing some smithing and enchanting. But I have rule not to spend gold on buying raw materials only gathering them. Have one weapon with an enchant which I'm using right now and have only 3 steel bars. In a difficult situation right now :P

Imperials racial abilities aren't great for combat, so that is a problem as well. Thinking of starting a wood elf and join Stormclocks to see their side of the story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterisbest View Post

Imperials racial abilities aren't great for combat, so that is a problem as well. Thinking of starting a wood elf and join Stormclocks to see their side of the story.
    Hehehe.. I'd recommend a Nord if you're into game immersion. Only reason one CAN join the Stormcloaks as anything is for the sake of game play. Realistically, nobody else would join the Stormcloaks, nor would they have you xD

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbane View Post
    THEN YOU ARE NO TRUE SON OF SKYRIM. BEGONE FROM OUR REALM!
    You're right, I'm not, considering I'm a Dunmer. But I'm also dragonborn somehow, so suck it.

I'm trying to purify Vilkas, Farkas and myself at the moment.... buggy ass quest is pissing me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterisbest View Post
    Perks: None
    Yeah, that sounds like it would be a problem. Invest in some one-handed perks if you want that progress.

OR, you could go along another route. Conjuration magic has the Bound spells, one of which is a Bound Sword. The sword it gets you is significantly more powerful than anything else you're going to find at that level, and will hopefully prove useful.

You ask for more? Then come, traveler, to the Whispering Deep, where only the mad walk.
    Raid Idea: The Whispering Deep and Ny'alotha

Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Umbra - you are a god.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasperio View Post
    Hehehe.. I'd recommend a Nord if you're into game immersion. Only reason one CAN join the Stormcloaks as anything is for the sake of game play. Realistically, nobody else would join the Stormcloaks, nor would they have you xD
    Completely agree with you. But I'm so tired of playing Nords. I have 3 Nords, 2 girls, one guy. One of the girl, my main, has done eveything.

I tried to join Stormclocks on my Imperial. It felt so wrong. Wood elf also feels wrong when joining Stormclocks. But I guess a wood elf spy (thief) will be of much use to Ulfric and the wood elf will also get his revenge on the Dominion.

---------- Post added 2012-01-25 at 05:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Umbra View Post
    Yeah, that sounds like it would be a problem. Invest in some one-handed perks if you want that progress.

OR, you could go along another route. Conjuration magic has the Bound spells, one of which is a Bound Sword. The sword it gets you is significantly more powerful than anything else you're going to find at that level, and will hopefully prove useful.
    Ye I'm thinking of getting some perks because I'm stuck pretty bad now lol. The Conjuration idea sounds cool. Will try that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

On another note, there's something I'd like to try out.

http://leapfrogadventure.tumblr.com/...n-introduction

Essentially, we have two people playing the same save on Skyrim, and passing it between each other at regular intervals. These guys chose to document it, and I think that would be entertaining as well.

Would anyone be interested in doing something like this?

You ask for more? Then come, traveler, to the Whispering Deep, where only the mad walk.

Umbra - you are a god.

Just got this game, heck of a lot of fun, however I feel that it was overrated just a tad.

With that said well worth my monies so far

10+ Year Old Account
    Grr.

How do you level Conjuration properly? It is sooooo slow. I have been using that dimwit stuck-in-doorways-and-caves Frost Atronach forever (Going for atromancy warrior). Level 41, skill 65 *sob*. Weakass atronachs. I bought Conjure Dremora a long time ago and I WANT TO USE DREMORA.

No, I will not soul trap corpses.
    No, I will not stand on a rock and conjure swords to 100.
    I want to play the game.

Grr.

15+ Year Old Account
    Grr.

How do you level Conjuration properly? It is sooooo slow. I have been using that dimwit stuck-in-doorways-and-caves Frost Atronach forever (Going for atromancy warrior). Level 41, skill 65 *sob*. Weakass atronachs. I bought Conjure Dremora a long time ago and I WANT TO USE DREMORA.

I want to play the game.

Grr.
    Use the flame Atronach instead?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    You're right, I'm not, considering I'm a Dunmer. But I'm also dragonborn somehow, so suck it.

I'm trying to purify Vilkas, Farkas and myself at the moment.... buggy ass quest is pissing me off.
    Lots of people are Dragonborn. And Christopher Plummer said I was the first to crop up, SO HAH!

Hm? Never had that quest bug up?

1. get a Glenmoril Witch Head in your inventory

2. ask the brother you wish to cleanse to follow you

3. travel to the tomb by any means you see fit, and stand next to the fire

4. tell him you wish to part ways

5. immediately speak with him again and accept quest

6. click fire and kill wolf spirit

If all above fails, then:

setstage cr13 10 <=== this restarts the quest

setstage cr13 20 <=== if you have a witch head already in inventory

setstage cr13 100 <=== finishes quest

Courtesy of the Wiki page, I hope it helps.

Yo, playing on the ps3, on the quest Blindsighted.

Im on the last part where i confront mercer, everytime i enter the irkngthad sanctuary i sit in an endless cutscene.

Karliah says some crap about not being found and telling brynyolf to guard the door, after that mercer says more crap and then im stuck.

Help a bro out

* "Blindsighted" - In Irkngthand Sanctuary, when going to confront Mercer, the script sometimes gets stuck - the player does not get dropped from the platform and nothing happens.

Grr.

I want to play the game.

Grr.
    The Bound Weapons are probably the fastest way to go. They level Conjuration as well as their relevant skill (One-Handed/Two-Handed/Archery) when used, and they have a solid amount of damage (with 2/5 weapon perks my Bound Sword sits at 50-ish). I would recommend picking up the Bow as well, keeping a sword in one hand and a bow in the other.

The best part? They don't require a perk investment, other than what you would use for that weapon type anyway, and they have 0 weight.

Umbra - you are a god.