Killed Alduin when i was lvl 14. Was quite disappointing and quitted Skyrim for a while, I felt like "I beat the game, nothing to do anymore." Anyway, good thing is that it wasnt the case, game is full of other fun stuff to do so I am back playing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gámbller View Post
    Killed Alduin when i was lvl 14. Was quite disappointing and quitted Skyrim for a while, I felt like "I beat the game, nothing to do anymore." Anyway, good thing is that it wasnt the case, game is full of other fun stuff to do so I am back playing
    Best time to fight him is at 36, honestly. I did the ending quest at level 61.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbane View Post
    Best time to fight him is at 36, honestly. I did the ending quest at level 61.
    Out of curiosity, how did you pick that number lol.

I didn't get to him until 81 because I was too busy doing over 9000 side quests/dungeon clears.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    Out of curiosity, how did you pick that number lol.

I did him at 81 because I was too busy doing over 9000 side quests/dungeon clears.
    Wiki said 36.

61? By the time I was done with sidequests, I decided to just stop postponing it and just kill the motherfucker. Haming's father needed to be avenged.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mod's ain't cheating, and the enchantments are technically legal. If anything, I'm just making the game harder. Fighting Alduin without adjusting his health meter was a friggin' joke...
    I must have misunderstood you then, I thought 'going down like a sack of bricks' meant super easy. Enchanting and smithing is stupid broken. On my 2H character, all I did was Deaderic sword and smithing without any potions or fortify smithing. My sword was at 120ish damage, which I thought was just nice. Battle with Alduin - though the encounter itself was pretty anti-climactic, too many companion tanks - wasn't faceroll.

So, according to this tweet, we're getting the Creation Kit on Tuesday.

Can I get a FUS RO YEAH, everyone?!

You ask for more? Then come, traveler, to the Whispering Deep, where only the mad walk.
    Raid Idea: The Whispering Deep and Ny'alotha

Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Umbra - you are a god.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbra View Post

No because I'm on xbox.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbra View Post

Ooh, excitement! I'm anticipating a LOT of really great mods that give completely new play experiences. Even without the CK some of the current mods are ambitiously awesome. Choices, choices.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by umbra View Post
    so, according to this tweet, we're getting the creation kit on tuesday.

Can i get a fus ro yeah, everyone?!
    fus ro fuck yeah!

At my 6th char now, i'm having fun in creating builds who seems weak at start but then reveal themselves as very powerful ones.

5th char was a breton with heavy armor, shiled, and destruction magic - i has been fun to go around in robes for bonuses until i got enough enchanting to get an heavy armor equally viable. Damage output seems to be less than a pure mage (due to shiled i'm tied to single cast only) but it's hella fun to run to casters and bash them in tha face

Last char is following the monk archetype - no armor at all, only robes/dresses. And to make things more difficult, i've choosen to dual wiled to cut even more defense and deal more damage. Anyway some basic protection is required, so i'm going with Alteration magic for some additional defense.

Some hints and helps:
    - enchanting and smithing are OP as hell
    - magic sucks vanilla mode, go download the tSSSS mod asap
    - the game is good because you can add your own rules to the gameplay: Dead-is-dead, RP, must sleep everyday at least x hours, no fast travel and so on.
    - open console, write "set timescale to 6", enjoy

Last thing, since CK is coming out, looking really forward to this mod
    http://ktacreations.com/dragonboneWeapons_v03.jpg

This guy is awesome.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    You know, I've always wondered why no Elder Scrolls let us export our characters. Sorta like in Neverwinter Nights.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    - magic sucks vanilla mode, go download the tSSSS mod asap
    What sucks about Vanilla magic? (I assume you mean destruction)

I used to think the same but lightning spells (especially chain lighting) are OP as hell once you get the stun perk and significant amount of reduced mana cost. With destruction potions they became even better and you can even hit dragons in air with them and stunlock them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post

I used to think the same but lightning spells (especially chain lighting) are OP as hell once you get the stun perk and significant amount of reduced mana cost. With destruction potions they became even better and you can even hit dragons in air with them and stunlock them.
    Mostly by comparison I guess. As melee combat becomes increasingly more powerful an expedient than magic.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know, I've always wondered why no Elder Scrolls let us export our characters. Sorta like in Neverwinter Nights.
    I think it's due to the fact that Oblivion and Skyrim take 200 years apart from each other.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayum View Post
    I think it's due to the fact that Oblivion and Skyrim take 200 years apart from each other.
    No, just within Skyrim itself for instance. After I'm don with the game on one character, I can play it again using the same character. With the same level but no equipment, for example. I dunno, maybe it's due to the Elder Scrolls being wide open sandbox games that would make such options redundant.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, just within Skyrim itself for instance. After I'm don with the game on one character, I can play it again using the same character. With the same level but no equipment, for example. I dunno, maybe it's due to the Elder Scrolls being wide open sandbox games that would make such options redundant.
    If you started out same level, it really would make the game dull. There are some games that just belong with that feature, e.g. Skyrim, and some that do, e.g. Mass Effect.

Is there a list of recommended mods somewhere?

And not one done by a stupid PC magazine who recommends stupid shit?

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Is there a list of recommended mods somewhere?

And not one done by a stupid PC magazine who recommends stupid shit?
    I recommend you just hit skyrim.nexusmods.com and start browsing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm astounded by the amount of game-breaking bugs in this game. Mostly it's just a minor annoyance since I'm on the PC and can just setstage and stuff, but missing out cool scripted sequences is stupid. I just did the Forsworn questline, was so excited to see how it ends. What do you know? It doesn't end for me. Not unless I setstage, in which case I'd have completely missed out on a whole battle.

Not only that, I looked up uesp and the likes, and they have PAGES of buglist for that part of the quest alone. I lost all my quest items too, and setstage doesn't bring them back, which meant I could never complete all those unfinished quests I had. Patch 1.4 completely missed this quest line. le sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post

Vanilla magic still sucks compared to the damage a bow/sneak attack or a melee char deals - the fact is that the game is balanced around a stunlock + no mana cost fr spells that then hit like a wet noodle.

tSSSS just makes spells hit harder (and not like melee anyway) while you cannot achieve anymore infinite mana - way more fun, i suggest at least to try it. Impact is still OP, that's why i've left it behind.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.