Quote Originally Posted by kivipää View Post
    I recommend you just hit skyrim.nexusmods.com and start browsing.
    I'd rather not spend hours wading through the legions of HURR DURR I RECOLORED DEADRIC ARMOR and giant titty mods, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    I'd rather not spend hours wading through the legions of HURR DURR I RECOLORED DEADRIC ARMOR and giant titty mods, thank you.
    Those are the best kinds of mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Vanilla magic still sucks compared to the damage a bow/sneak attack or a melee char deals - the fact is that the game is balanced around a stunlock + no mana cost fr spells that then hit like a wet noodle.

tSSSS just makes spells hit harder (and not like melee anyway) while you cannot achieve anymore infinite mana - way more fun, i suggest at least to try it. Impact is still OP, that's why i've left it behind.
    Maybe if you would post link for that tSSSS, we could see how much better it is.

If we already have a few mods on, when the creation kit comes out, will we need to uninstall all the mods? Does anyone know how long it will take for modders to post mods to the Steam Workshop.... I wouldn't think it would take too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaaaaaaaan View Post
    If we already have a few mods on, when the creation kit comes out, will we need to uninstall all the mods? Does anyone know how long it will take for modders to post mods to the Steam Workshop.... I wouldn't think it would take too long.
    If I remember correctly from the preview, they said the old mods would still work. No need to uninstall them.

You ask for more? Then come, traveler, to the Whispering Deep, where only the mad walk.
    Raid Idea: The Whispering Deep and Ny'alotha

Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Umbra - you are a god.

Deleted
    Hopefully there'll be a mod that will diversify the Call of Heroes shout. As much as I like Hakon and Felldir, it would be nice if the shout was more randomized to bring in others. Like Olaf One-Eye or Kodlak.

I'm having trouble lvling my alchemy, could anyone give me some tips?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niku View Post
    I'm having trouble lvling my alchemy, could anyone give me some tips?
    1: Pick ANY flower you see. Flowers don't weigh much, but eventually they will (200 stacks of X mountainflower that just does'nt match your other stuffs)
    2: ALWAYS empty out the storage of local herbalists. You might not need what they have right now, but you might later!
    3: Rob the places if you're a thief. It'll look ugly when their shelves are empty, but by god some of the things they carry are hard to come by!
    4: Do not be affraid to eat your ingredients. Rule of thumb, if you don't OOC'ly know what a reagent does the first time you encounter one, eat it.
    5: Mix and match! Try to read through which of the potions you can make are worth most. The more the potion is worth, the more it sells for (Har har) and the more skill you get by brewing it!

- And that's essentially it. Also, don't be 100% sure that just because a herb/ingredient is valuable by itself, it'll make valuable potions and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasperio View Post
    1: Pick ANY flower you see. Flowers don't weigh much, but eventually they will (200 stacks of X mountainflower that just does'nt match your other stuffs)
    2: ALWAYS empty out the storage of local herbalists. You might not need what they have right now, but you might later!
    3: Rob the places if you're a thief. It'll look ugly when their shelves are empty, but by god some of the things they carry are hard to come by!
    4: Do not be affraid to eat your ingredients. Rule of thumb, if you don't OOC'ly know what a reagent does the first time you encounter one, eat it.
    5: Mix and match! Try to read through which of the potions you can make are worth most. The more the potion is worth, the more it sells for (Har har) and the more skill you get by brewing it!

- And that's essentially it. Also, don't be 100% sure that just because a herb/ingredient is valuable by itself, it'll make valuable potions and vice versa.
    Ahh, well I already pick up everything I see but buying everything was a nice tip. I'm also a thief >: ) so number 3 works out just nicely, hehehe! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    They got categories and a truckload of sorting options for that. It is actually rather fast and easy to find a bundle of really good mods that suit you exactly, and you can be sure it'll suits you better than any arbitary mod list put together by a third party.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Maybe if you would post link for that tSSSS, we could see how much better it is.
    Yeah sorry

Here's the link http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=2585 - as i said, nothing umbalanced imho. If by any chance someone doesn't like it, just unistall and the game would be back original

a note: before loading the mod, it's better to unequip any armor with spell school enchants then save and load the addon - to avoid issues
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Does anyone know if there are any "gameplay changing"-transforms (like the vampire), or anything else that drastically changes gameplay other than just classes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Skyrim DLC possibility: Thalmore trying to erase mankind from Tamriel?
    http://www.reddit.com/r/skyrim/comme...source=message
    sorry if this was already brought up. SOO many pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Yeah sorry

Here's the link http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=2585 - as i said, nothing umbalanced imho. If by any chance someone doesn't like it, just unistall and the game would be back original

a note: before loading the mod, it's better to unequip any armor with spell school enchants then save and load the addon - to avoid issues
    There's also a mod (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=3425) that makes all spell effects scale with skill. Now, the schools aside from destruction aren't that unbalanced, but hey, it is fully customizable, down to setiing different scaling factors to different schools or disabling scaling for any given school alltogether, or even making multiple skills (even non-magical) modify a single school.
    The FAQ on the explanation page is somewhat out fo date, so don't mind the enchantment problem. The fix is in the files. The customization is all in a single, easy-to-read .ini file you can open and edit with a notepad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Does anyone know if there are any "gameplay changing"-transforms (like the vampire), or anything else that drastically changes gameplay other than just classes?
    Vampire has easier time sneaking and has one less frost resist enchant on his gear, replaced by a fire resist enchant. (you WILL build resist eventually, or be trashed by high level dragons/spellcasters). other that that, you just need to sneak up on a sleeping character every few game days, easily accomplished in imperial/stormcloack camps on the wounded. Not really a huge impact on gameplay.
    Werewolf isn't really anything special either; it is quite vulnerable to to spellcasters/dragonbreath and thus has a limited usefulness. You'll propably end up using it very rarely.
    No other transformations exist. Some artifacts cater specifically and powerfully to a certain playstyle, but won't really bring any new options to the table.

---------- Post added 2012-02-06 at 10:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Garrikk View Post
    Skyrim DLC possibility: Thalmore trying to erase mankind from Tamriel?
    http://www.reddit.com/r/skyrim/comme...source=message
    sorry if this was already brought up. SOO many pages.
    Oh goody, if there's one thing I love in Skyrim it has to bee a paralyzed thalmor agent I slowly cut up with a soultrapping dagger. One-handed can be a bit of a bitch to train when you're a sneaky character on master =P

Deleted
    In an new DLC, Bethesda will introduce the unthinkable; A LIKABLE THALMOR.

Because they're good at subverting expectations and ideas like that...

Quote Originally Posted by Corylyn View Post
    Not only that, I looked up uesp and the likes, and they have PAGES of buglist for that part of the quest alone. I lost all my quest items too, and setstage doesn't bring them back, which meant I could never complete all those unfinished quests I had. Patch 1.4 completely missed this quest line. le sigh.
    O hai thar "Blood on the Ice"

What a mess this quest was for me... and everyone else in the world, apparently.

---------- Post added 2012-02-06 at 10:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbane View Post

Because they're good at subverting expectations and ideas like that...
    I find the term "likeable Thalmor" to be an oxymoron. I'd like to completely obliterate them - all of them - Dovahkiin style.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbane View Post
    He better be very, VERY likable, or he'll feed my ebony blade. I'm talking Cicero level awesomeness here.

Maybe in the DLC you can side with the Thalmor trying to sabotage the civil war but it fails so now you muist fight the Stormcloaks? sounds good

Any word on that creation kit yet?

It's up on Steam, as of noon.

Also, Skyrim is on sale for $40 on Steam until Thursday, and Morrowind and Oblivion are 50% off, $10 each. All 3 totals $50 ($10 as a pack). I bought Skyrim on Xbox 360, but never got Morrowind or Oblivion (I got Oblivion used, didn't like the start, and took it back for a full refund, actually).

Is it bad that even though I have Skyrim on 360, I'm seriously considering buying that $50 pack of 3 games, just to be able to play user-made content with the Creatin Kit (I'm an unimaginative, uncreative dumbass who cannot make things himself)?