The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Also Venziir, just checked and mounted combat wasn't available on my PS3 version of Skyrim and I've got the latest updates. So it's gotta be a mod. Especially since Bethesda was demonstrating it as part of the new DLC.
    http://www.bethblog.com/2012/05/24/m...skyrim-update/ Not on PS3 yet, which is why I have it - I play it on pc

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I've started working on a remake of the Ayleid Ruins from Oblivion, or at least something vaguely resembling it. The tileset will be released as a mod so anyone can create their own dungeons using it as well

Skyrim Dawnguard expansion to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim the Dovakiin can either join the Dawnguard, who hunt vampires, or join the vampires and gain new powers. The expansion includes new weapons and armor, a new horse, dragons with new powers and more.

Skyrim Dawnguard DLC comming tomorrow for Xbox 360 with 1600 MS points cost.
    But I saw one of gaming blog site alreday giving some free redeem code to get this Skyrim Dawnguard DLC for free on this summer.

skyrimdawnguard.info

Why why WHY can't they make mods available to console players?! And why do the loading screens last 1-3 minutes each on my PS3?

Allmyrage.jpeg
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

How CPU intensive Skyrim is?

Radeon HD 6970
    4GB RAM
    But my CPU is from stoneage: DualCore Intel Pentium D 805, 2666 MHz

Can I run it on ultra? How about with some high texture mods etc.?
    Last edited by Gámbller; 2012-06-26 at 01:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gámbller View Post
    How CPU intensive Skyrim is?

Radeon HD 6970
    4GB RAM
    But my CPU is from stoneage: DualCore Intel Pentium D 805, 2666 MHz

Can I run it on ultra? How about with some high texture mods etc.?
    problem with skyrim is bugs. since 1.6 people are having issues with skyrim refusing to utilize all their CPU and GPU's power. it's an off/on thing with no constant trigger, and even at 100% stock settings, it may start stuttering or even becoming a slideshow until you shut it down and start up again. this shit wasn't happening for me until the day 1.6 hit and now my stutter is back regardless if i'm using 2048 textures or 512 textures. regardless if i'm running at ultra with ugridstoload=7 or 100% stock on low

the game was made by people who just don't give a fuck. modders will fix it eventually and since bethesda knows it, they don't need to care. feels like i'm playing a blizzard game, if not for mods the series would have bombed during oblivion

---------- Post added 2012-06-25 at 08:56 PM ----------

Why why WHY can't they make mods available to console players?! And why do the loading screens last 1-3 minutes each on my PS3?

Allmyrage.jpeg
    PS3 version isn't worth the box price. even the 360 looks and plays better, but my nephew has it on ps3 and i feel bad for him. compared to my modded computer version, it's not even close. it looks like something that should have been released for dreamcast

As far as I've seen, the 360 version of Skyrim doesn't seem different at all than the PS3 (I've been to friend's places where they have it for the 360). Same loading times etc. I thought that the PS3 had better hardware though which is why it bugs me that the loading screens last so long and the bad textures etc.

Anyways, is Dawnguard releasing for the PS3 and PC tonight as well? I don't understand why they'd only release for one console at a time. I also don't understand why most Skyrim reviews are for the 360 and why the game has a higher metacritic rating for that than PC and PS3.
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

As far as I've seen, the 360 version of Skyrim doesn't seem different at all than the PS3 (I've been to friend's places where they have it for the 360). Same loading times etc. I thought that the PS3 had better hardware though which is why it bugs me that the loading screens last so long and the bad textures etc.

Anyways, is Dawnguard releasing for the PS3 and PC tonight as well? I don't understand why they'd only release for one console at a time. I also don't understand why most Skyrim reviews are for the 360 and why the game has a higher metacritic rating for that than PC and PS3.
    As part of the licensing agreement between microsoft and bethesda or zenimax media or whatever the XBox gets it a month in advance of the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    As part of the licensing agreement between microsoft and bethesda or zenimax media or whatever the XBox gets it a month in advance of the rest.
    But why the more/better reviews though? I mean, the PC version can get the CREATION KIT. That alone should have all the reviewers haggling for rating THAT instead of the 360 version.

I mean, the only reason I got it on PS3 instead of 360 (PC out of the question since I didn't want to drop $150+ on a new video card) is cause my 360 red ringed TWICE and I didn't wanna risk it. Both my consoles were bought within the first month of their release so they're damn old. I wonder if having a new version of either console would change anything.

But why the more/better reviews though? I mean, the PC version can get the CREATION KIT. That alone should have all the reviewers haggling for rating THAT instead of the 360 version.

I mean, the only reason I got it on PS3 instead of 360 (PC out of the question since I didn't want to drop $150+ on a new video card) is cause my 360 red ringed TWICE and I didn't wanna risk it. Both my consoles were bought within the first month of their release so they're damn old. I wonder if having a new version of either console would change anything.
    Consoles have a bigger user base than pcs ergo their are more gaming magazines that review for consoles and base their reviews of console versions. The reviewers don't haggle for anything.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I so want to get into Skyrim. I think it's a really cool game. Plenty of people I know play it and love it, I even bought it myself and got some nice mods going on it. But I can only play it for 15 minutes before I get antsy and go do something else, almost always outside-of-the-house related. When I think about coming back to it, I know I won't have an idea what is going on so it just sits on my hard drive, the icon staring at me.

I think I need to lock myself in my house for 2 days straight, drink beer and play it. If I don't, I feel like I would have wasted money on something great for the wrong reason. ><

Deleted
    so i downloaded the DLC, where do i start the quest chain :P

nvm, just as i clicked submit post a guy ran up to me

10+ Year Old Account
    How difficult are people finding Dawnguard? I'm currently going through on my battle-mage with lycanthropy on master difficulty, and while I do just fine in human form, I get torn up as a werewolf.

Anyone with the PS3 version getting crashes since the recent update? Mine bugged out and crashed a few minutes later. Hope it was a one time deal but I just decided to leave it be for now.

Deleted
    *sniff* *sniff* I wish I could have Dawnguard. Do you have to join the Dawnguard to kill the Volkihar or can you tell them both to fuck off and kill them fucking vampires by your lonesome?

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbane View Post
    *sniff* *sniff* I wish I could have Dawnguard. Do you have to join the Dawnguard to kill the Volkihar or can you tell them both to fuck off and kill them fucking vampires by your lonesome?
    Let the console peeps have it for a while as i'm sure microsoft payed a whole lot just to give it to them a month early so that we pc gamers can have it without bugs

Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    Let the console peeps have it for a while as i'm sure microsoft payed a whole lot just to give it to them a month early so that we pc gamers can have it without bugs
    when have you ever gotten anything from bugthesda without bugs?

never.

---------- Post added 2012-06-27 at 07:11 AM ----------

Anyone with the PS3 version getting crashes since the recent update? Mine bugged out and crashed a few minutes later. Hope it was a one time deal but I just decided to leave it be for now.
    1.6 makes the navmesh worse, it causes CTD/crashes on PC and console and it has a bug in the code that stops it from utilizing CPU and GPU memory every so often

---------- Post added 2012-06-27 at 07:13 AM ----------

they don't even have the same post processing effects available to them. there are sites that compare them but play them both side by side and it looks a lot worse on PS3 even on HDMI cable

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbane View Post
    I hope we get to kill Lord Harkon even as vampire, so that we can get his post as ruler.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/11318

This is my new favorite mod for Skyrim!

Here's a picture i took (too big for forum):
    http://static.skyrim.nexusmods.com/i...1340728538.jpg

What do you think?

the lighting mod makes a big difference, one of my favorite mods as well