10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on what you do. If you max out enchanting, you can get your gear to reduce magicka costs for two different spells of casting. I have a battlemage that wears dragonplate armor with a beige hood, and my restoration and destruction spells don't cost anything.

Another solution is using the atronoch stone plus the atronoch perk in the alteration tree. The character I created with that is essentially an anit-mage, able to withstand sustained enemy magic attacks by absorbing them to replenish her magicka while hitting them with chain lightning and incinerate.

Additionally, with the Aetherium Crown from the quest added in the Dawnguard DLC, you can have two standing stone abilities at the same time. I put the Apprentice stone on it, so the magicka regeneration hit you take from the Atronoch stone is effectively negated, in addition to the increased magicka absorbtion you would get from fire attacks thanks to the weakness to fire that the Apprentice stone gives. It's a really effective combo for tackling enemy magick users.

The best scenario I had was when I was in a cave with about 5 lightning mages, all hitting me with lightning spells. I never took any damage, and I basically had infinite magicka.

Deleted
    What is your fav shout btw?

I just can't decide between Yol and Fus, but I think I need to finish Yol with 1 more word, because it is lackluster now.

Quote Originally Posted by lakshmikali View Post
    LOL that's the reason why google is invented,,,
    This just in, Google can apparently see into the future now.

PC got Hearthfire last night. 5 bucks on Steam. Still no word on a PS3 version for either DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    The lore behind it, and your rise through power, is much more fleshed out than the other guilds. In the Dark Brotherhood, College of Winterhold, and Companions, you just follow the questline and are just handed the leadership title. With the Thieves guild, you actually have to earn it.
    Dark Brotherhood spoilers.
    I really like the way the DB was handled. You are the chosen one and that works because the DB is as much a religion as a faction. And you're the one who brings it back to glory in perhaps the most impactful way an assassin can, killing the fucking emperor!

Hail Sithis!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    It's probably the best questline of the guilds. Certainly feels like the most fleshed out. The College of Winterhold in particular felt rather forced.
    Good you told me that, I got the game a few weeks ago and haven't done either yet, so will now let the Thieves one last.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Dark Brotherhood spoilers.
    I really like the way the DB was handled. You are the chosen one and that works because the DB is as much a religion as a faction. And you're the one who brings it back to glory in perhaps the most impactful way an assassin can, killing the fucking emperor!

Hail Sithis!
    I love the way guilds are handled in Skyrim. I thought they would be much different then previous titles, but in fact they are very similar and i love the story behind every one of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    I was a bit disappointed by the Thieves Guild. It was probably the best but I think I built it up a bit too much in my head.

( I really don't like Karliah's voice either )
    Her voice is pretty awful.

Deleted
    A question if I may, I know this might have been responded before but looking for it in an almost 300 page thread is a bit much, is there an unoficial mod that fixes stuff like there was for Oblivion?

That Gildergreen Tree is annoying me a lot, I got a new seed but the old tree didn't go away so now I have this beautiful branches sticking out of this dead tree...
    So, obviously, looking for more... scenery bug fixers, like the tree and having the Ghostblade actually sit in a weapons rack (right now it just flies away on the side no matter from what side I put it, on weapon plaque it sometimes sits like stuck on the right in the wall, which looks like crap) and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    A question if I may, I know this might have been responded before but looking for it in an almost 300 page thread is a bit much, is there an unoficial mod that fixes stuff like there was for Oblivion?

That Gildergreen Tree is annoying me a lot, I got a new seed but the old tree didn't go away so now I have this beautiful branches sticking out of this dead tree...
    So, obviously, looking for more... scenery bug fixers, like the tree and having the Ghostblade actually sit in a weapons rack (right now it just flies away on the side no matter from what side I put it, on weapon plaque it sometimes sits like stuck on the right in the wall, which looks like crap) and so on.
    http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/19

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    thank you very much

I felt the guild quest lines was alot shorter in skyrim compared to oblivion. Especially the mages/college one. Apart from that, i got countless chars between my pc/xbox around the level 50 mark. Usually get distracted around that level and make a new char ha

It is in every player of the PC version of Skyrim's interest to peruse the top 100 mods on Skyrim Nexus.

10+ Year Old Account
    The mods do add so much to the game.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

So anyone got Hearthfire on Steam? I started to build my house but I'm having troubles adopting a child. It told me somewhere that I must build a Child's bed and a Child's chest in order to adopt a child but when I talk to Constance Michelle in the orphanage, she says: Come back when you have a house or something like that. What am I doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    The mods do add so much to the game.
    There is this huge monster mod I downloaded. After loading it I take one step outside Whiterun and see a triceratops in the distance. I say to myself "I AM GOING TO KILL THAT!" T'was fun.

It adds a whole lot more but you don't really see the more freaky mobs until high levels. The female giant did give me pause though.

Deleted
    Just played a little bit again with my Level50 Char, too bad he is totally OP with BS/Enchanting abuse. Finally a Place for all my trophies

Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-10-08 at 01:36 PM.

Deleted
    I'm pondering doing a little bit of a showcase of my favorite Skyrim mods for friends / family / interested, but I don't really know if I can be arsed. Nor if anyone would put up with my monotone (albeit sexy, according to live witnesses) voice for more than three minutes straight. Maybe I'll just write some form of review and put it up somewhere. Or maybe I'll just not bother with it at all. :P

Anyways, I considered buying Hearthfire, but in the end concluded that the mod Build Your Own Home does essentially everything Hearthfire does in terms of house building, and in some ways better (and in others worse, as is the nature of things). So I've opted not to get it. Yet, at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still have not picked up Hearthfire but I'm sure I will, at some point.

The mods I'm most keeping an eye out for are Issgard and Armoury of Tamriel 2.0.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.