Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    I haven't had any problems with SkyRE so far. But I don't feel I've played with it long enough to give any opinions.

I'm a little annoyed that the Wayfarer skill levels up just from walking around. It's inflating my level gains some... I'm also a little weirded out that unlocking a door with a key levels Fingersmith.
    Well, I always found that it was pointless to try and get the key to a door by finding it/pickpocketing it, as you would lose out on skill.

I keep getting my ass kicked as a low level sneak archer on SkyRE. The sneak changes are ridiculously unforgiving to the point that you really can't just run away and hide somewhere else and are always going to be detected if you're under a sneak skill of 60 it seems.

And then there's the fact that skeevers can 3 shot me and I'm only playing on apprentice.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

@Flaks

Yikes! I'm playing a mage type and it took me a few levels and some bonus magicka gear before I could take on anything without having to run away and wait for magicka to recharge. I'm playing on adept though.

Deleted
    @Flaks

Yikes! I'm playing a mage type and it took me a few levels and some bonus magicka gear before I could take on anything without having to run away and wait for magicka to recharge. I'm playing on adept though.
    Playing it on Master is always entertaining. At low levels Bandit Archers one-shot me. About 10 levels or so is spent running way from things whilst taking the occasional potshot.

Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    Playing it on Master is always entertaining. At low levels Bandit Archers one-shot me. About 10 levels or so is spent running way from things whilst taking the occasional potshot.
    On the default game I play on expert or master because it just isn't challenging otherwise. But I'm playing on adept with SkyRE because that's what the mod recommends and so far it seems to be sufficiently brutal.

The bandit archer in that very first mine DID one shot me, but that's because she had a crossbow!

On the default game I play on expert or master because it just isn't challenging otherwise. But I'm playing on adept with SkyRE because that's what the mod recommends and so far it seems to be sufficiently brutal.

The bandit archer in that very first mine DID one shot me, but that's because she had a crossbow!
    sky-re with 4 followers on expert + deadly dragons with 500% more hp/150% more melee and breath damage is what i've found to be just right

i get my ass kicked if i fuck up, but i can still play a sword and board character and every dragon fight (as long as you're not using the broken marked for death, unofficial patch and skyre both fix it now) lasts a while

when the stars align and you spawn 4 dragons, it's pretty fucking intense, took me 2 hours to kill them. fight took place from riverwood up past the tower near the barrow and ended up by the lake

---------- Post added 2012-11-20 at 03:01 PM ----------

and if any of you are modders, learn to clean your mods with tes5edit. my mod list is full of the more popular/useful mods and i swear they're nearly all dirty. if each guy cleans his mod, it will be done better (you know exactly what you meant to do to your mod in the first place) and it's not easy cleaning 200 mods anyway

people are usually surprised how easy it is to do

---------- Post added 2012-11-20 at 03:05 PM ----------

I haven't had any problems with SkyRE so far. But I don't feel I've played with it long enough to give any opinions.

I'm a little annoyed that the Wayfarer skill levels up just from walking around. It's inflating my level gains some... I'm also a little weirded out that unlocking a door with a key levels Fingersmith.
    you can use skyrim uncapper to tune all that and it looks complicated at first, but it's not

thing is, your level mans jack shit anyway. 1-20 will go fast, 20-100 won't. world is leveling up around you and if anything, it makes the game a bit tougher if you cheese it to level and don't have the offensive ability to actually kill things around you.

i honestly wouldn't even bother with adjusting it, it doesn't really affect you

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    sky-re with 4 followers on expert + deadly dragons with 500% more hp/150% more melee and breath damage is what i've found to be just right
    I just started with SkyRE! I'm gonna test the waters before I plunge in.

Playing a Paladin, I had to switch do adept until lv 20. Then I got Critical Charge, respite, that fire damage aura, with fire weapon enhancement and Yol Tor Shuul. Once you get your shit together, it gets a lot easier.
    Edit: I'd like to add that due to the sneak changes, walking through a dungeon in heavy armor is pretty much throwing shit at the fan. You're gonna see the red dots showing up on your compass and go "oh fuck" so many times.
    Last edited by Valenhil; 2012-11-21 at 12:20 AM.

So I've been playing on Master this whole time actually.

I just want a good dive roll ability to make archery combat more interesting.

---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 07:56 PM ----------

Dragonborn screenies: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/news/230/

We're going back to Oblivion.../drool. I've already been downloading every oblivion-esque mod that's come out.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2012-11-21 at 07:56 PM.
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Dragonborn screenies: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/news/230/

We're going back to Oblivion.../drool. I've already been downloading every oblivion-esque mod that's come out.
    I think you mean Morrowind?

i'm kinda hoping corprus is brought up somehow. my morrowind lore is sketchy at best, but since there are ash creatures and ascended i would think corprus would be a danger we have to face.

Quote Originally Posted by Valenhil View Post
    I think you mean Morrowind?
    Yea Morrowind. But Oblivion too. http://cdnstatic.bethsoft.com/akqacm...s/Oblivion.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post

That isn't oblivion bro

well at least not any plane of Oblivion we have bean before, it is definatley not the Shivering Isles, the hunting grounds, the soul cairn or the deadlands (Plane from TES:4) nor is it Malacaths realm or a few others so...there is a chance it could be a daedric plane of Oblivion but I kinda doubt it..

it's supposedly hermaeus mora's apocrypha. which is probably why all of those stones looked kind of like books. either way, flaks is right. we are going back to oblivion in a sense. just a different plane lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    it's supposedly hermaeus mora's apocrypha. which is probably why all of those stones looked kind of like books. either way, flaks is right. we are going back to oblivion in a sense. just a different plane lol.
    The screenshot with that cthulhu-like daedra is named "seeker" so yes, it will be Apocrypha.

What are those screenshots from?
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post
    What are those screenshots from?
    Next Skyrim DLC nom nom nom. I get excited for Skyrim stuff like I used to for games when I was a little kid. I love it.

Will I be able to get it without having Dawnguard?
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post
    Will I be able to get it without having Dawnguard?
    In theory, yes. Unless there is some specific thing in Dragonborn that is reliant on Dawngaurd, thought that is unlikely as DLC should be compartmental and only require assets from the main files.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    That sucks..

Does it still happen with 90 or 100 fps? And if not, is there a way to limit it for Skyrim? Now I just set it on half the supported rate for Skyrim on Nvidia settings.
    I've personally capped Skyrim at 70 fps with Nvidia inspector, haven't noticed any issues after about 10 hours of playing. I haven't tried higher caps yet as I like having a consistent framerate, and I often drop only slightly below 70.