1. #6081
    Elemental Lord Tomatketchup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    European Union
    Posts
    8,748
    Quote Originally Posted by Valenhil View Post
    You keep your level and your perks. you can just also use the console to get your skill levels back to where they were.
    I tried that once, but after that I couldn't get new perks because my skill was still too low, apparently.

  2. #6082
    You can try this mod:
    Showracemenu Alternative

    Worked perfectly for me the 3 or 4 times I've wanted to change my race. I have had 1 time where I kept the old racial bonuses, yet everything else changed. This was an isolated incident though and it was on a completely ruined savegame (too many mods removed / added) and I hasn't happened the other 3 or so times I did it.

    It gives you an in-game power to call up the Showracemenu and for some reason fixes the issue causing skill levels to reset (don't ask me how it's done).

    I think there are other mods which only fix the issue, allowing you to simply use the console command. I haven't tried those though, so I can't comment on them.
    Last edited by Perath; 2012-11-27 at 10:41 AM.

  3. #6083
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Stormwind
    Posts
    165
    anyone with a modlist for this? ;p
    https://9gag.com/gag/5934909

    btw, I'm having a lighting problem which I think is caused by the ENB that I have, which is project ENB shown here:
    http://wiki.step-project.com/ENB_Choices
    problem:
    http://i.imgur.com/mDvuo.jpg

    As you can see, the lighting focuses on that which is closest to me, and blurs out the rest. This effect becomes stronger when the object gets closer to me.
    Any ideas on how to fix this?

    help is appreciated!

  4. #6084
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Fuck you, that's where.
    Posts
    4,494
    Quote Originally Posted by MythiaX View Post
    anyone with a modlist for this? ;p
    https://9gag.com/gag/5934909
    I compiled a list for that collection one page back.

    btw, I'm having a lighting problem which I think is caused by the ENB that I have, which is project ENB shown here:
    http://wiki.step-project.com/ENB_Choices
    problem:
    http://i.imgur.com/mDvuo.jpg
    That is dynamic depth of field, caused by a ENB(Graphic enhancement mod/Injector). You can disable it either by removing the ENB or editing the SkyrimPrefs.ini file.

    You do that by either typing in "SkyrimPrefs.ini" in your startmenu's search field or manually look it up in your skyrim install folder.

    Open "SkyrimPrefs.ini" with notepad and edit the following lines to 0(zero).

    [Imagespace]
    bDoDepthOfField=0
    iRadialBlurLevel=0
    Last edited by Deleted; 2012-11-27 at 01:36 PM.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side.

  5. #6085
    I've had my Skryim for quite a while now and I just now started adding community mods to it. I'm so slow on doing anything with this game, but I always have fun when I play it. I'm still debating on whether on not to buy the expansion packs. Are they worth it? I also plan on buying TESO when it comes out.

  6. #6086
    Vampires are by no means any more important to the Elder Scrolls than any other subrace, actually. Arguably, the Nords are the most important as they are more or less responsible for dominance of mankind on Tamriel. And the progenitors for 2 out of 3 of the human races. And the principle enemies of elven kind. Indeed, their god king is the devil of all the elven pantheons.

    Honestly, the only things I liked about Dawnguard was the new shouts, new dragon types and Gunmar's sexy Russian accent.

    Agh, Aesir Armour... I hate the waiting, the Khorne damned waiting.
    Last edited by Frostbane; 2012-11-27 at 02:30 PM.

  7. #6087
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Fuck you, that's where.
    Posts
    4,494
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabbycat View Post
    I've had my Skryim for quite a while now and I just now started adding community mods to it. I'm so slow on doing anything with this game, but I always have fun when I play it. I'm still debating on whether on not to buy the expansion packs. Are they worth it? I also plan on buying TESO when it comes out.
    Dawnguard was totally worth the pricetag. It gives you a pretty long questchain, new areas/zones to explore and a plethora of new weapons and armor. Hearthfire on the other hand, complete and utter garbage. Don't waste your money on it! If you really want the Sims3 feel to the game, download Tundra Defense from nexus. Gives you a lot more options and freedom than hearthfire could ever dream of giving, and it's FREE!
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side.

  8. #6088
    Orthjolf is also the manliest vampire in existence.

  9. #6089
    Quote Originally Posted by MythiaX View Post
    problem:
    http://i.imgur.com/mDvuo.jpg

    As you can see, the lighting focuses on that which is closest to me, and blurs out the rest. This effect becomes stronger when the object gets closer to me.
    Any ideas on how to fix this?

    help is appreciated!
    Do people usually complain about dynamic depth? I thought it was kinda popular.

  10. #6090
    i didn't care for orthjolf's stereotypical nord racism. fura bloodmouth is probably the only one i care for out of all the volkihar, her cutesy voice is just perfect <3

    oh, and garan marethi, with all his "i hate politics" attitude.

  11. #6091
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    i didn't care for orthjolf's stereotypical nord racism. fura bloodmouth is probably the only one i care for out of all the volkihar, her cutesy voice is just perfect <3

    oh, and garan marethi, with all his "i hate politics" attitude.
    He's the only Vampire ever that isn't an effeminate wreck.

  12. #6092
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostbane View Post
    He's the only Vampire ever that isn't an effeminate wreck.
    That's very much not true. Effeminate vampires is a very new thing.

  13. #6093
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostbane View Post
    He's the only Vampire ever that isn't an effeminate wreck.
    Yeah the whole effeminate vampire thing is sort of a new deal. Watch Nosferatu and you'll see.

  14. #6094
    Old God Grizzly Willy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Kenosha, Wisconsin
    Posts
    10,207
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Yeah the whole effeminate vampire thing is sort of a new deal. Watch Nosferatu and you'll see.
    Hell, even Dracula isn't effeminate.

  15. #6095
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Hell, even Dracula isn't effeminate.
    What? He lives in a castle and spends all day lecturing on the superiority of the Szkelys and- oh.

    Nosferatu is clearly effeminate also. Look at his nails.

  16. #6096
    Dreadlord Extrakt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    827
    Hey, Question for the home owners.

    I bought the home in Windhelm while having the starter quest for the murder in my quest log.
    So I wanted to buy upgrades. Which I couldn't do. I wondered why and went out and sought out the house.
    Find the clues it said. So apparently the butcher lives here? Is this a bug that I bought the house before solving the butcher quest? And do you folks think I can still upgrade the house? Thanks

  17. #6097
    Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    That's interesting collection. Probably everything you would ever need in Skyrim. But I just can't install that many mods into Skyrim or else it will break down completely. Currently I'm playing a thief character with only bare minimum necessary mods installed (Unofficial patch and SkyUI, and few others). At least the game almost never crashes now. I wonder if it's meant to be so that with a lot of mods installed the game just happens to crash more often (all the time).

    And why doesn't Skyrim show any error messages while it crashes, would be so useful to know which mod (probably) caused the crash. Maybe on the next single player TES then..
    turn on papyrus logging via .ini and 99.9% of all CTDs will be the last thing in the first log (ends with a 0)

    running 100-150 mods is perfectly safe, just have to do it right, bash patch what you got to, etc

    i have about 75 right now and they're all 100% compatible, no CTDs, everything works. people just get their save files so fucking dirty that it's amazing it works at all. do EVERYTHING right (install, uninstall, bash, load order) and you don't have issues

    it's not a lot to have to learn really

  18. #6098
    Quote Originally Posted by Extrakt View Post
    Hey, Question for the home owners.

    I bought the home in Windhelm while having the starter quest for the murder in my quest log.
    So I wanted to buy upgrades. Which I couldn't do. I wondered why and went out and sought out the house.
    Find the clues it said. So apparently the butcher lives here? Is this a bug that I bought the house before solving the butcher quest? And do you folks think I can still upgrade the house? Thanks
    you should always do the "blood on the ice" quest line before buying the house. i bought the house before doing it once, but i still got my decorations. i just couldn't clean up the gore in the secret room. so you might try finishing off the quest line and see if that opens up the dialog.

  19. #6099
    So I was going through Skuldafn when I realized it had been a while since I had last cast Enhance Weapon - Fire. Turns out it's not wearing off, and this is a bad thing for me as that, along with arcane dynamo, is my main method of leveling alteration. How can I fix this? I'll just get another weapon if I can't, but I'd be happier fixing it.

  20. #6100
    I wish there wasn't a level cap on the effectiveness of illusion spells (specifically poisons) =/

    Anyone have an idea for a mod that can fix this and is compatible with SkyRE?
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •