The bickering is getting a little out of hand. Let's get back on topic and be excellent to one another.

Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    All I can say is, browsing mods is so addicting.
    LOL So true. I love watching MXR's skyrim weekly channel. I've gotten to the point that I've already downloaded most of the mods before they are showcased in some videos but it's still fun watching MXR's take on things and he does bring out some hidden gems sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    I would say that Dragonborn is absolutely worth the price you pay for it (got at least 35 hours out of it so far)
    That's awesome. So subjectively speaking it IS to the magnitude of awesomeness of Shivering Isles. I never actually manged to finish SS for Oblivion because I got it like a week before Skyrim launched but it's great to know about Dragonborn.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2012-12-13 at 08:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Does anyone know a mod that increases the number of perks in each tree in a balanced way but doesn't need over 100 skill? I'm using one right now that's decent but unfortunately you need up to level 300 skill for them which is kind of making my character too strong too fast. I already found a mod that slows down leveling (with vanilla, it's way too easy to get skills to 100 and it become boring after that if there's nowhere left to advance as well as making it better to train other skills to gain levels).

I've already tried looking but most of the mods out there are just unbalanced, raise the caps above 100 (and when youre at 150-200 skill, everything dies in 1 hit even at master difficulty and no one sees you even if youre right under their nose when sneaking).

10+ Year Old Account
    Skyrim Redone has teh best perk trees I have ever seen and it scales everything up including mobs to mach.

Is Skyrim worth the money, if I don't have the money to spend?

Bored out of my mind, and want something free to play, can't find anything... >_<"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafax View Post
    Skyrim Redone has teh best perk trees I have ever seen and it scales everything up including mobs to mach.
    Looked it up and I might use but it's more of an entire overhaul with lots of things I don't like (for example including new weapons and armor just for me, Im going for immersion so things that dont really make sense from lore perspective or otherwise are out.)

so Im mainly looking for mods that

-allow greater specialization without making you a level 500 jack of all trades monster that can 1 shot dragons with 1 hand, burn them to a crisp with the other and then on top of than can make a town fight each other, smith the best items, craft potions with 5000 gold and so on.

-ai improvements, tweaks, bugfixes etc.

-immersion mods, already have one that makes me need food and sleep and Im mostly satisfied with it

-some vampire mod that makes them more realistic if I choose to be one, as in harder to run around in daylight, more powerful than normal people, even if it's slight and feeding makes you stronger, not weaker (that doesnt really make sense at all:P TES vampires are weird)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Now imagine that important NPC falls of the bridge and dies,

oops, I saved 6 hours ago.
    Or worse, I lost six hours of gametime in skyrim because the Jarl of Whiterun suddenly decided he hated me and would attack me on sight. I even paid my bounty and everything. He would not stop attacking me. Sheathing my weapon didn't even calm him down.

Ever since that, I save rather often.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seref View Post
    Is Skyrim worth the money, if I don't have the money to spend?

Bored out of my mind, and want something free to play, can't find anything... >_<"
    Considering I've gotten over 200 hours of playtime out of it, I would say that it is definitely worth the price (especially if it drops in a Steam sale (got mine 60% off)) and I would totally recommend it. It's so damn immersive, it builds one of those worlds that you start to miss running around in if you take too long of a break away from the game before completing a decent chunk of it.
    Get it for PC, though, not consoles. The ability to mod the PC version is invaluable and adds to the fun (as well as cleaning up some pretty bad but bearable bugs).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Pardon my language...

ABOUT FUCKING TIME.

---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 03:55 AM ----------

Tried this one but for some reason it keeps closing my game (not crashing) because I don't have a compatible version of SKSE since I have the latest one...

Also, playing a sneak character with SkyRE freaking sucks. But I've made the most of it.

For some reason I can't stand playing anything but a sneak archer in this game. I've made like 6 characters and every one of them starts out as something unique but ends up becoming sneak/archer by level 15 or so. Like, I made a mage character who was supposed to be focused on destruction (on the PS3); ended up going conjuration instead and focused exclusively on using my bound bow while sneaking everywhere.

I've been using cheatzorz to play other builds but I can't with SkyRE since I can't reset perks/have them refunded. That potion of respec you get with SkyRE is a bunch of bull.
    LMAO, I'm the exact same way! All of my characters inevitably become sneak archers. It's just hands down the most effective way to play this game. I haven't noticed a whole lot of a difficulty increase using SkyRE, what exactly makes it harder? Yes, SkyRE does have its issues, but considering how much of the game it changes, that's to be expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Skyrim is one of the best games ever made. And that's IT.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    LMAO, I'm the exact same way! All of my characters inevitably become sneak archers. It's just hands down the most effective way to play this game. I haven't noticed a whole lot of a difficulty increase using SkyRE, what exactly makes it harder? Yes, SkyRE does have its issues, but considering how much of the game it changes, that's to be expected.
    Honestly, I'm just really REALLY bad at this game's combat. I suck at moving away during enemy power attacks and stuff. I suck at strategizing on dragon fights, or backing out of a fight against unbeatable opponents at lower levels (like guards). That's why I know I can't do the "Dead is dead" thing for this game.

I realized that there's something really obnoxious about Serana. I remember it bugged me during the first play through as well but now that I'm doing it again it stands out more. It's the fact that even after she finishes are dialogue she continues her "speech" motions with the hands flailing and all. It's like watching a dubbed movie and it's annoying.

It also sucks feeling like you're not a "true" dragonborn just because you aren't playing a nord and/or warrior archetype. I feel funky playing through the main storyline as a khajit master thief guildmaster.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2012-12-14 at 07:40 AM.
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Eh, I've had equal success using melee/magic builds. Also had some success with pure magic builds, but those tended to drift towards a melee mix after a while as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Eh, I've had equal success using melee/magic builds. Also had some success with pure magic builds, but those tended to drift towards a melee mix after a while as well.
    Yeah the save I play the most is a Ork Warrior that dualwields Daedric Maces and is sporting Daedric Armor. He´s also a Vampire Lord and to be honest I crush everything. I don´t need to be in stealth or give a fuck about Legendary dragons.

1. Flying Dragons are np even as a non archer because of Dragonrend
    2. Frost Dragons are funny because as a vampire you are almost immune to frost dmg anyway
    3. Fire DMG and the sun is a bit problematic but I have a lot of +regen and fire resi gear and that makes up for that weakness.
    4. Having 2300 armor without shield is kinda OP
    5. Doing 1430 DMG with maces that ignore 75% of the enemy armor is absolutely OP.

I am still amazed how easy you can make your char a basically unstoppable god without changing any game-files. Only things I used are smithing potions, enchanting potions, +alchemy and +smithing enchants
    Last edited by mmocac05adb153; 2012-12-14 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    Yeah the save I play the most is a Ork Warrior that dualwields Daedric Maces and is sporting Daedric Armor. He´s also a Vampire Lord and to be honest I crush everything. I don´t need to be in stealth or give a fuck about Legendary dragons.

1. Flying Dragons are np even as a non archer because of Dragonrend
    2. Frost Dragons are funny because as a vampire you are almost immune to frost dmg anyway
    3. Fire DMG and the sun is a bit problematic but I have a lot of +regen and fire resi gear and that makes up for that weakness.
    4. Having 2300 armor without shield is kinda OP
    5. Doing 1430 DMG with maces that ignore 75% of the enemy armor is absolutely OP.

I am still amazed how easy you can make your char a basically unstoppable god without changing any game-files. Only things I used are smithing potions, enchanting potions, +alchemy and +smithing enchants
    About point number 4, the armor cap is 567. +1/6 if using SkyRe. 2300 armor isn't op because you have over 1500 armor you don't need.

Deleted
    Does anyone know how to solve a really annoying bug? And yes, I already Googled it and tried most of the solutions. It's flickering water and it's very noticeable and BAD especially with smaller bonds, like near Morthal. Only way I can solve it so far is turning V-sync off but then I get over 60 fps which causes a number of other problems that are even worse, like junk flying around at random and animals rising to the sky or just dropping dead for no reason. (turning on vsync from skyrim settings or nvidia settings doesnt make a difference).

Im using 2 GTX 680s if it matters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Does anyone know how to solve a really annoying bug? And yes, I already Googled it and tried most of the solutions. It's flickering water and it's very noticeable and BAD especially with smaller bonds, like near Morthal. Only way I can solve it so far is turning V-sync off but then I get over 60 fps which causes a number of other problems that are even worse, like junk flying around at random and animals rising to the sky or just dropping dead for no reason. (turning on vsync from skyrim settings or nvidia settings doesnt make a difference).

Limit fps to 60 using this or something else?

So the potion of respec is STILL not refunding perks, just taking them away.

And even though the "Dragon Soul Absorbed" screen comes up, when I try to unlock a shout it says I have no dragon souls.

Y u do dis to me SkyRE?

Also a question, does the crossbow enhancements in the marksman tree require the smithing perks? So do I need steel smithing to be able to make a lightweight construction crossbow?

I am a little further from the point where you kill a dragon and get your first shout. So far I really don't know what you guys find in this game. Action is almost absent, combat is clunky and poorly handled, physics is lame(you can climb a mountain on food or on horse). It's so lame that you can't move on stairs while trying to climb the highest mountain(can't remember the name) and voice acting is oh god...every nord has same voice . All I do, so far, is walking and walking and walking and walking. Should I keep playing because I really like combat but as far as I see there is a huge lack.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I am a little further from the point where you kill a dragon and get your first shout. So far I really don't know what you guys find in this game. Action is almost absent, combat is clunky and poorly handled, physics is lame(you can climb a mountain on food or on horse). It's so lame that you can't move on stairs while trying to climb the highest mountain(can't remember the name) and voice acting is oh god...every nord has same voice . All I do, so far, is walking and walking and walking and walking. Should I keep playing because I really like combat but as far as I see there is a huge lack.

Sadly this game isn't for you if no one told you that already. Think you are better off playing WoW trolling Trade Chat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post

Download W.A.T.ER. It fixes the water bug and makes it look prettier at no FPS cost.
    Just follow the instruction in that link and you'll be good to go in minutes.