Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    This ?
    Actually, I remember it... hmm
    Googled the gallery url, found this
    http://www.asot.es/2001/09/skyrim-mods.html
    Do you know what mods make it look like that (well, the scenery, I prefer to leave actors the way they are or maybe just up the details). Im pretty sure my computer can run that but configuring is not my strong side so if they made it happen by tweaking some numbers in files etc. then it's a no go

10+ Year Old Account
    The second link, if you scroll down, the guy listed "some" of the mods that he uses. He refuses to share his whole list though - over 300 of them. I'm trying out a few graphical mods to see if my PC can handle it.

2k textures
    Serious HD retexture
    Flora Overhaul
    Lush Tree
    Realistic Lighting
    Pure Waters

Will update if my PC combusts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    The second link, if you scroll down, the guy listed "some" of the mods that he uses. He refuses to share his whole list though - over 300 of them. I'm trying out a few graphical mods to see if my PC can handle it.

2k textures
    Serious HD retexture
    Flora Overhaul
    Lush Tree
    Realistic Lighting
    Pure Waters

Will update if my PC combusts.
    Ah, thanks, must have missed it. Have to wait till tomorrow though, Skyrim nexus seems to be down

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Do you know what mods make it look like that (well, the scenery, I prefer to leave actors the way they are or maybe just up the details). Im pretty sure my computer can run that but configuring is not my strong side so if they made it happen by tweaking some numbers in files etc. then it's a no go
    The guy runs with a 670, and with his crazy grass mod manages ~8fps
    Says around 30 otherwise.

Deleted
    The guy runs with a 670, and with his crazy grass mod manages ~8fps
    Says around 30 otherwise.
    Well, I have 2 680s in SLI so it's fine. I installed the mods from Fhi's list and still at 60 fps outdoors. It only drops slightly under 60 in towns because I have some crowded cities mods which add a ton of NPCs there for immersion that don't really do anything other than walking around, shopping etc.

Deleted
    Well, I have 2 680s in SLI so it's fine. I installed the mods from Fhi's list and still at 60 fps outdoors. It only drops slightly under 60 in towns because I have some crowded cities mods which add a ton of NPCs there for immersion that don't really do anything other than walking around, shopping etc.
    Try this?

Deleted
    Thanks, added it to favorites.

It looks a little harder to install than copying a few files so I'll try it when I have a little more time to .. well, uninstall it if it doesnt work. Actually it kind of looks like this for me already with the only exception being the shadows. The trees look nice, lush and foresty but don't cast big enough realistic shadows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bleh. PC didn't combust, but it was stuttering, and the saddest part is, I can't distinguish between pre-mods and post-mods. :P

Deleted
    What do the ENB's actually do? I tried a few and all the mods that require the d3d9.dll make it look like a blurry, foggy mess. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I followed the instructions and it definitely does not look like on those screenshots but instead like some old game with low quality graphics and extensive use of blur.

I use sharpshooter enb on my machine with a crappy 240 gts video card and it runs at 30+ fps. It's astounding really. It leads to a higher contrast and sharper/brighter colors (something I sorely missed considering how dull everything looks in Skyrim).

Anyways, still no word on Dragonborn PC release. I was hoping for January 1st info.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I use sharpshooter enb on my machine with a crappy 240 gts video card and it runs at 30+ fps. It's astounding really. It leads to a higher contrast and sharper/brighter colors (something I sorely missed considering how dull everything looks in Skyrim).

Anyways, still no word on Dragonborn PC release. I was hoping for January 1st info.
    So I guess all of them making everything look blurry and just plain ugly as well as dropping FPS 3-4 times means they're not working as intended for me? I tried the sharpshooter one first, I think, had to reinstall Skyrim. They all make it look, well, if you have seen any of the really old first person shooters on youtube.. like that. It definitely did not make anything sharper but I thought it was meant to look distance foggier or something and give a near sighted person without glasses effect..

It should make it look miles better than the vanilla game. So much so that I'm running my game on medium without anti-aliasing, fxaa/post-processing and the enb still helps it look better than full ultra settings.
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    It should make it look miles better than the vanilla game. So much so that I'm running my game on medium without anti-aliasing, fxaa/post-processing and the enb still helps it look better than full ultra settings.
    I think it's really a personal preference thing. I tried out sharpshooter at first, and then a couple of other ENBs. My issue is that the colors are too saturated. I think Liz puts it succinctly - they look like the really old FPSers (think Serious Sam the first game). Some parts in the wilderness look gorgeous, but I enter a town and the paved roads are blindingly bright. Not to mention the bloom and the extensive use of blur. Never liked them, though I can see how some love them.

I like the old washed-out vanilla skyrim. I think it is the very character of skyrim. It's a reason why I don't use any body and face enhancement mods. Many of the body/face mods are gorgeous - but I think the original, grey-ish skin NPCs with squinty eyes and spastic expressions are what Skyrim is. For me, adding all these extra mods and I don't feel like I'm playing Skyrim anymore.

For me (emphasis on personal preference), ENBs and all make awesome, drooling screenshots, but actually playing them, not so much.

Deleted
    I think it's some focus effect. It looks.. decent when you look at the distance but I hate it that when you go near a post or a NPC it blurs out the distance. I'll try playing with it a few hours today, it may grow on me, I admit, some areas do look gorgeous with it enabled.

There probably is some way to turn off the blur by changing some settings but I don't want to risk changing the skyrim settings file, if I ruin something it would take forever to install the game and all the mods again..

I agree with Fhi SOOOO much about not wanting to change how the characters look in Skyrim. I do use higher texture mods (keeps the look, just no more blocky noses) but making them look modern or worse, asian would completely ruin the atmosphere of the game. It's kind of like a version of the Hobbit where the dorfs wear jeans and Gandalfs makes yo mama jokes and starts rapping about owning the necromancer. It just wouldnt fit.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Liz, try this.

Open the enbseries.ini file in your Skyrim directory. Under [Effects], set EnableDepthOfField to false.

I would use the ENB if only the colors are a little vibrant, but not too much. Vanilla colors are too washed out, but the ENBs I've tried so far are too saturated. Some places looks amazing, others, not so. Don't feel like spending another 20 hours tweaking though. :P

Yea the depth of field thing can get annoying which is why I don't have it on. It's some photo realism bs that people like using in screenshots.

Deleted
    Actually, I have to admit I like it with depth of field off. Sharpshooters ENB doesn't really make anything as bright as I feared but if definitely makes nights and dungeons darker if there are no lights present. Not too dark though. Im also using some tree and grass mods so what I really love about it is that it actually makes forests look like forests (a lot thicker and shadier) not just a few trees and some turfs of grass.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sythari View Post
    Hey guys. I just got Skyrim on the pc and am overwhelmed with the amount of mods their is. I played through the game first time when it was released on PS3. But never again after that. I was wondering if you could suggest some mods to improve/enhance gameplay. Thanks !
    Here's some mods that I consider pretty essential for a good (and lore friendly) Skyrim playthrough:

SkyUI - A must have for anyone, just makes the user interface considerably more user friendly/convenient.
    A Quality World Map - Makes the world map alot clearer, shows roads etc.
    Ultimate Follower Overhaul (UFO) - Alot more interaction & customization options for your followers.
    Categorized favourites menu - Overhaul of the favourites menu, considerably better than the default.
    Glowing Ore Veins - Makes veins glow, alot easier to spot them when out adventuring, a simple but useful mod.
    Bandolier-Bags and Pouches - Adds craftable and equippable bags, pouches, bandoliers, satchels which all increase your carryweight in a believable lore friendly way.

Well i'd say those are pretty essential (for me atleast). I have like 100+ mods installed, lots and lots are purely cosmetic though.

Deleted
    Best mod.
    Really.
    Makes it SO much easier when crafting things and stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, I have to admit I like it with depth of field off. Sharpshooters ENB doesn't really make anything as bright as I feared but if definitely makes nights and dungeons darker if there are no lights present. Not too dark though. Im also using some tree and grass mods so what I really love about it is that it actually makes forests look like forests (a lot thicker and shadier) not just a few trees and some turfs of grass.
    Can I see a screenshot? In Whiterun during a sunny day and out in the forest please?