Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    I never sided with Ralof. I should try it once. My first play (this was way back), I followed Hadvar because he had an arrow on his head lol. After that I just kept following him. What makes Hadvar such a bro is because we were initially on opposite sides - prisoner and enforcer. I did the Civil War questline once... I enjoyed it, but I'm not sure I want to do it again.

Unrelated: I'm continually amazed by what the modding community is capable of. Just 10 minutes ago I decided that I want to roleplay a charismatic adventurer (disgraced and then exiled former knight actually) trying to carve out a living in Skyrim, and I wanted to do something like Dragon Age and One Piece - pick up followers who would join me on my journey to.... whatever. No specific goal yet. I wondered how I was going to do the whole "let's stay here for a few days, help the local folks before we move on thing". Turns out there IS a mod that lets me do that. Who would've thunked??

Now I just need to find a mod that puts in voice-acted squad banter. *nostalgic sigh*
    Cheers to the modding community.

Skyrim vanilla is fantastic by itself, made even better with mods after the classic experience is over.

I always side with Raylof, because Imperial armor is worth more than Stormcloak armor. Does that make me a bad person?

I always followed Ralof, as I thought that was the only thing you could do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    I would love a mod that makes followers and companions a bit more fun, diverse and actually helpful though without making them essential but also not permanently killed when they fall (maybe a resurrection spell or first aid or something). As well as some personality, banter etc. But then again I dont have high hopes for such a mod. It would need a lot of people to pull off well for the voice acting and everything.
    A mod called Vilja in skyrim adds a companion like that, with loads of lines, a long quest line, and even has banter with other npc's around her, the voice acting is a bit iffy but it's a pretty damn good mod. If she gets stuck, she teleports to you when you're not looking, can tell her to sell your stuff, make some basic things like arrows, read certain books for you, play music, change her fighting style, has a horse, can tell her to lead your party and more I forgot.
    http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/26393
    Last edited by mmoc40f44cec44; 2013-01-09 at 03:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love a mod that makes followers and companions a bit more fun, diverse and actually helpful though without making them essential but also not permanently killed when they fall (maybe a resurrection spell or first aid or something). As well as some personality, banter etc. But then again I dont have high hopes for such a mod. It would need a lot of people to pull off well for the voice acting and everything.
    Much as I love for something like that, it'll likely not happen. The closest mod that does something like this so far is "Interesting NPCs" - I would get it if not because I already have around 25 major mods and I'm tired of fixing and maintaining mods. Skyrim (and probably TES itself) is just not the kind of game where you get emotionally attached to characters. Just the world and freedom to do whatever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valenhil View Post
    He's actually the exact same as Ralof. they even share some lines.
    Too bad both Tullius and Ulfric are assholes.
    I tend to stick with Ralof as it allows me to kill that Imperial Captain with the stick up her arse who ordered my characters execution.

Deleted
    He's actually the exact same as Ralof. they even share some lines.
    Too bad both Tullius and Ulfric are assholes.
    Tullius has amazing voice actor though and he's the lesser of two evils. Ulfric is just a self serving racist. I still always join the Stormcloaks though although I hoped it was possible to just broker a lasting peace as well or assassinate Ulfric/Tullius and make peace. It just wouldn't make any sense joining the legion. They're not the same legion from Oblivion any more so I think it would make more sense to make a new empire with a Dragonborn emperor than to save the old, bureaucratic wreck.

Besides, they tried to execute me and it wouldn't any sense at all to assassinate the emperor then:P

Tullius has amazing voice actor though
    Oh hell yeah. But to be fair, Ulfric's voice actor is great too, just not as well utilized. It's a good actor wasted on a crap character.

If Ulfric had been what he claimed to be the war would have been epic and choosing a side would have been difficult.

15+ Year Old Account
    I always went with Hadvar, cuz I liked his voice and honestly, I always got the feeling he felt bad about having to follow Capt. Bitchface's orders to kill me. Shame you can't marry him. He's kind of cute.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Oh hell yeah. But to be fair, Ulfric's voice actor is great too, just not as well utilized. It's a good actor wasted on a crap character.

If Ulfric had been what he claimed to be the war would have been epic and choosing a side would have been difficult.
    Agreed on both counts. As soon as I head Ulfric I recognized his voice from recently watching 13th Warrior (Buliwyf). And if Ulfric was who he claimed to be, then I'd have a hard time choosing. As it is, I try to stay neutral with all my characters now. I wish there was a way to get Jarl Balgruuf on the throne, since he's the most level headed Jarl in the game (IMO), and seems to care about his people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    Agreed on both counts. As soon as I head Ulfric I recognized his voice from recently watching 13th Warrior (Buliwyf). And if Ulfric was who he claimed to be, then I'd have a hard time choosing. As it is, I try to stay neutral with all my characters now. I wish there was a way to get Jarl Balgruuf on the throne, since he's the most level headed Jarl in the game (IMO), and seems to care about his people.
    Yea.. he reminds me of Theoden from LOTR:P And Whiterun hold looks like Rohan too. Wish they made an official DLC where you can get Balgruuf to be the high king instead. He's neutral too so I could see him in that position no matter who wins the war. Betraying him and kicking him out of Whiterun was the worst part of the Stormcloaks questline but at least we didn't have to kill him. Then again, imperials put Maven in charge of Riften so that's not much better outcome..

10+ Year Old Account
    Think you're playing Skyrim alone? You are being watched.

Deleted
    Wish they made an official DLC where you can get Balgruuf to be the high king instead. He's neutral too so I could see him in that position no matter who wins the war. Betraying him and kicking him out of Whiterun was the worst part of the Stormcloaks questline but at least we didn't have to kill him. Then again, imperials put Maven in charge of Riften so that's not much better outcome..
    Unfortunately, Balgruuf is potentially not all roses either. He has this twisted son who he does not realize is being manipulated by Mephala...I really fear for Whiterun if he inherits the Jarlship (is that the right term?), daedric artifact or no daedric artifact that child seems nasty.

So.. no news on Dragonborn for PC? a month of exclusivity isn't enough?

Deleted
    Well, Bethesda have said that they are focusing on getting Dragonborn to PS3 before any of the other DLC and there are rumors circulating about them wanting to do a simultaneous release of it on PC and PS3, so I realy hope those rumors are wrong. Ah well, looks like they're not getting my money until it goes on sale since in a few days I won't actualy have the time to play it until summer. Yes, I am bitter about it.
    Last edited by mmoc40f44cec44; 2013-01-10 at 02:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    Think you're playing Skyrim alone? You are being watched.
    This is hilarious.
    Not gonna download it for obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdecker View Post
    So.. no news on Dragonborn for PC? a month of exclusivity isn't enough?
    Not even any news. I mean, I understand it was breaktime and all but ITS BACK TO WORK ALREADY.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Are there any good spell mods for Skyrim? I decided to just start over again and want to try little more magic focused character. I know Midas Magic but the spells it gives are sort of OP and at least judging from an 8 month old Youtube video, kinda lazy too - it was mostly rays and summons (which is basically the same as recoloring armor.. boring) and didn't live up to the Oblivion mod that truly introduced some unique and fun spells (loved the pebble blast:P)

Are there any good spell mods for Skyrim? I decided to just start over again and want to try little more magic focused character. I know Midas Magic but the spells it gives are sort of OP and at least judging from an 8 month old Youtube video, kinda lazy too - it was mostly rays and summons (which is basically the same as recoloring armor.. boring) and didn't live up to the Oblivion mod that truly introduced some unique and fun spells (loved the pebble blast:P)
    Apocalypse Spell Package.

Deleted
    Is it compatible with Skyre and not overpowered? It looks nice actually..