Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Talokami View Post
    None in-game, but dear god my loading screens take forever.

What mods are you currently using and did any of them update recently?
    It's actually not because of any mods (probably). It's a common bug with Skyrim actually.. only I got a mild version so far. Some people claim they get 30-60s delays while I only got 1-2s.

Anyway, I managed to fix it more or less. It made the game a little bit choppy when walking around big cities but it's because I have like 100 people walking around there so I'm getting a fps drop to 50. Anyway, it was caused by vsync. I raised the fps cap to 100 as well as enabled all sorts of multicore supports and 4gb memory in the ini following a guide. Havent noticed anything funny so far and the lag is gone too.

Quote Originally Posted by Talokami View Post
    None in-game, but dear god my loading screens take forever.

What mods are you currently using and did any of them update recently?
    I thought my horrid loading screen times was because of my crappy computer. Some of mine take about a minute, but when the loading screen shows a picture of something, as well as little info/tips, I groan because I know I will be sitting there for about 5 minutes. Of course, I am sure my crappy computer has something to do with it, but I guess it's a good thing to know it's not the only reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    It's actually not because of any mods (probably). It's a common bug with Skyrim actually.. only I got a mild version so far. Some people claim they get 30-60s delays while I only got 1-2s.

Anyway, I managed to fix it more or less. It made the game a little bit choppy when walking around big cities but it's because I have like 100 people walking around there so I'm getting a fps drop to 50. Anyway, it was caused by vsync. I raised the fps cap to 100 as well as enabled all sorts of multicore supports and 4gb memory in the ini following a guide. Havent noticed anything funny so far and the lag is gone too.
    I find it somewhat endearing how notorious Bethesda games are for bugging out.

@Pachycrocuta I'm playing on a year old laptop and mine didn't start lagging until I binged on mods. :x Running that on an older machine has to be brutal! I had an old desktop that could barely play Morrowind when that first came out so my sympathies. I spent most of my time in that game with my camera aimed at the ground so that my FPS wouldn't crash. >_>
    That fabric softener teddy bear...oooh I'm 'a hunt that little bitch down.

Deleted
    By the way, does the loading finish if you minimize Skyrim and restore it? If yes, then it's also a framerate cap or vsync problem. I had that too..

By the way, does the loading finish if you minimize Skyrim and restore it? If yes, then it's also a framerate cap or vsync problem. I had that too..
    I play in fullscreen mode, and am unable to alt-tab (minimize) Skyrim during a loading screen. And usually if I alt-tab during any point, there is a 75% or so chance that when I go back to Skyrim, my actual mouse-pointer will be showing (not just the crosshairs), in which case I have to quit the game and then restart it, waiting 3+ minutes on the loading screen when I first start the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I raised the fps cap to 100 as well as enabled all sorts of multicore supports and 4gb memory in the ini following a guide. Havent noticed anything funny so far and the lag is gone too.
    Have you entered an interior? When I removed vsync and raised the fps limit, everytime I enter a building, plates, goblets, bread, everything will be flying and ricocheting off everything else, and eventually I get killed by a flying saucer. Am wondering if that is the case for you too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    I play in fullscreen mode, and am unable to alt-tab (minimize) Skyrim during a loading screen. And usually if I alt-tab during any point, there is a 75% or so chance that when I go back to Skyrim, my actual mouse-pointer will be showing (not just the crosshairs), in which case I have to quit the game and then restart it, waiting 3+ minutes on the loading screen when I first start the game.
    Press esc and open the menu before tabbing, mouse pointer shouldn't show up then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    Have you entered an interior? When I removed vsync and raised the fps limit, everytime I enter a building, plates, goblets, bread, everything will be flying and ricocheting off everything else, and eventually I get killed by a flying saucer. Am wondering if that is the case for you too.
    Yea but only at 120+ fps, it also caused shaking and flying animals. 100 seems to be fine and I havent noticed anything different from 60 after 4-5 hours of playing at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    Press esc and open the menu before tabbing, mouse pointer shouldn't show up then.
    Ctrl+alt+del works and the mouse pointer, doesn't appear if you do what Yakobo said. Also if if has already appeared, go to menu, tab out again and it will be gone.
    Last edited by mmocc089ef6a74; 2013-01-25 at 11:47 AM.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ok Dawnguard question...

I've not gotten any of the DLCs yet (PC player here - been on a Skyrim break for a bit..lol); and reading ythrough this thread when Dawnguard first came out I know everyone was having issues with the killer-spawning inside cities/buildings they visited and ending up killing entire cities before he could be stopped.

Is this still a problem? I really don't want to pay for a DLC that's going to start wiping out my cities; and respawning the vampire/killer/sneaky guy even after I've killed him so I'm constantly having to go find him the moment I go anywhere populated.

If its still doing that; I'm just going to skip it. I'm a werewolf in the main game anyway; and have no huge desire to play a vampire.

But I REALLY don't want to ruin the rest of the game by having multiple important NPCs taken out "behind the scenes" (in interiors I believe was the complaint here) when I just stop into a town to sell my crap.

So any changes/feedback on this issue?

Thanks!
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't had any problems with the killer taking out anybody on Master difficulty, but that might be because I got to a city before he engaged anybody.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post
    Ok Dawnguard question...
    Yea, the vampire attacks still happen and kill NPCs but only in the dark. Theres a mod that makes them run inside when vamps attack but it's not working too well. Some still want to play a hero and rush to fight dragons and vampires with their iron dagger.

Deleted
    With SkyRe + other mod guards the vampires get destroyed by them
    Pretty funny to get to the gates of whiterun and find a load of vampire corpses

I only ever had one or two people die to vampire attacks.

Of course, it annoyed the piss out of me when the forge/weapon shop lady at the front of Whiterun was one of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post
    Ok Dawnguard question...

I've not gotten any of the DLCs yet (PC player here - been on a Skyrim break for a bit..lol); and reading ythrough this thread when Dawnguard first came out I know everyone was having issues with the killer-spawning inside cities/buildings they visited and ending up killing entire cities before he could be stopped.

Is this still a problem? I really don't want to pay for a DLC that's going to start wiping out my cities; and respawning the vampire/killer/sneaky guy even after I've killed him so I'm constantly having to go find him the moment I go anywhere populated.

If its still doing that; I'm just going to skip it. I'm a werewolf in the main game anyway; and have no huge desire to play a vampire.

But I REALLY don't want to ruin the rest of the game by having multiple important NPCs taken out "behind the scenes" (in interiors I believe was the complaint here) when I just stop into a town to sell my crap.

So any changes/feedback on this issue?

Thanks!
    I've had Dawnguard installed for quite awhile now, although I have not yet visited the fort or anything. So far I've had a few vampire attacks, but usually it's one or two guys, or one guy with two hounds. Guards took care of them before they could kill anyone (usually townspeople flee when low on health). There was only one time where the vampires killed the stable people in Whiterun, but that was about it. Never had anyone in interiors die before.

Deleted
    Just a quick question (with possibly no answer): I am planning to do a "pacifist" run (killing no people - undead, monsters etc expendable) of Skyrim and run the thieves guild. I'm aware that at the end of the quest-line there is a certain human boss you have to defeat in order to progress. Does anyone know if it is possible to beat the bosss without getting a killcount? I know that conjurations and followers count towards the kill meter.

As far as I am aware Rain there is no way to do so in the Vanilla game, you might be able to find some type of "send foe to Oblivion" spell mod or something that could do the trick.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaosbringer View Post
    As far as I am aware Rain there is no way to do so in the Vanilla game, you might be able to find some type of "send foe to Oblivion" spell mod or something that could do the trick.
    I don't think that would continue the quest though, I imagine it would trigger on his death not on him disappearing :\

Don't know if anyone noticed, but Dawnguard is half off on Steam today for the next 12 hours.

So are Hearthfire and the full game, but I figured folks would be more interested in Dawnguard.

Deleted
    I'll probably hold off on Dragonborn for a while... at leat until most of my mods have been updated