any argonians around? i was wondering how the dunmer react to you. i imagine that at least a few of them would react very negatively...

You rarely get any meaningful reactions from what race you've picked in TES games. Just some token lip service every now and then. When I played an argonian and went to the docks district in Windhelm I got one "welcome, egg brother!" and then everyone went back to their usual dialog.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe that the Tribunal did not want to give up godhood, Almalexia especially, to the point where Almalexia went insane with fear of losing her power and killed Sotha Sil in an attempt to drain his power. Vivec couldn't care less given that even without the Heart of Lorkhan he is THE most powerful single entity on Nirn, however with great power comes great apathy, and he really stopped caring about everything, even including the death of his physical body (CHIM).

The heart of Lorkhan wasnt directly causing corruption, but was giving Dagoth Ur an avenue to become more powerful and just generally do crazy shit, including essentially being a god/demi-god as long as the heart existed. However, when the player destroys the heart Dagoth Ur naturally dies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Gecko View Post
    You rarely get any meaningful reactions from what race you've picked in TES games. Just some token lip service every now and then. When I played an argonian and went to the docks district in Windhelm I got one "welcome, egg brother!" and then everyone went back to their usual dialog.
    I love the "You'll make a fine rug, cat!" on my Khajiit.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    I moved out of the Lakeview manor today. Had enough with with the bugs:P First the bees from the greenhouse knocking everything over.. fixed that by manually selecting every single one of them and used console to delete. Talking about tedious work there.. then all that garbage everywhere. The barrels, skulls, sacks. They had to go the way of the bees.

But the final straw was all the clutter(pots pans cabbages and other) and junk respawning, throwing my stuff on the floor and vomiting my items from the display cases and the darn bard picking everything up and giving them back to me. At least Vlindral Hall doesn't have the respawn problem. Wish it was in a more central location though but oh well..

Managed to think of a character concept finally that I am somewhat satisfied with. Decided to dive in Skyrim again, what do you guys think is the best way to start DLC? Do you finish the main questline before starting up the DLC, or just the first few quests if you are rolling with a new character? I heard that if you finish the whole questline you get an extra dialogue line in one quest from the DLC, I'm not sure why I want it this much. But the thought of doing the whole main questline again is killing me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post
    I believe that the Tribunal did not want to give up godhood, Almalexia especially, to the point where Almalexia went insane with fear of losing her power and killed Sotha Sil in an attempt to drain his power. Vivec couldn't care less given that even without the Heart of Lorkhan he is THE most powerful single entity on Nirn, however with great power comes great apathy, and he really stopped caring about everything, even including the death of his physical body (CHIM).

The heart of Lorkhan wasnt directly causing corruption, but was giving Dagoth Ur an avenue to become more powerful and just generally do crazy shit, including essentially being a god/demi-god as long as the heart existed. However, when the player destroys the heart Dagoth Ur naturally dies.
    Vivec isn't the most powerful guy out there. And it can be interpreted that the entire Neverine plot was engineered by him (he comments how he destroyed other reincarnations of Nerevar that didn't measure up.). Dagoth Ur is also attempting a corruption of what we see as CHIM.

The current list of Powerful beings out there:

Talos.

The HoonDing.

Trinimac.

Vivec.

Leki.

Reman.

Auri-El.

Wulfharth.

Morihaus.

Pelinal.

That's my list, and pretty much in that order. Though Vivec did kill Tiber Septim once...but I mentioned Talos, not the Emperor.
    And going through Kirkblade's posts, it appears there is a step *beyond* CHIM that no one has achieved yet.

To the close dreamers, don't forget the Amaranth. There *is* one step beyond CHIM, but you're right in that it is not godhood. It's the flowering of a statehood where the images you give birth to in your dream-- stolen (?) from first dreamer-- wakes up. Wails knowing free will. And begins to dream in the same way. Children of liberty without end, and then the music lives forever as a pirate radio tuned against the rules of Heaven and the vulgarities of Hell.

Yeah, like that, but, crap, it just shattered and now I need my morning coffee because I have to work.

Still, no wonder some called Him the Doom Drum.
    In other news, Dragonborn was fun. I got my Morrowind fix, and the guys at Skywind got Developer made models for some of the more difficult parts of game-making. I stopped and stared when I ran across the Stilt Strider. I don't think the DLC was worth 20 bucks though.
    Last edited by raist474; 2013-02-08 at 01:42 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Oh Dragonborn, was fun while it lasted.

The first dungeon I went in was fine, no technical problems at all but now when I started the Dragonborn DLC main storyline the game completely broke into pieces. I've already thrown the towel out of the window but still. Skyrim process just randomly got stuck, while moving around or even in loading the save game. I trust my ability to enable mods so I don't think it is a mod issue though, probably just something in Dragonborn itself which broke down. I kind of tried everything to get it work, loaded without mods, loaded earlier save game etc. Always crashes in way or another.

I didn't even have many mods installed, only official DLC's and their unofficial patches, SkyUI & SKSE, Better Sorting & Better World Map With Roads. Just for the curious, I even used BOSS for proper load order and cleared the .esm with TESEdit. I don't know if I ever want to install Skyrim again as it would require me to reroll a new character once more.. Not worth it..
    I wouldn't recommend using Boss to be honest or well, it helps but it gets a lot of things wrong in the load order. I used it too and afterwards at least 3 mods didn't work and some caused big issues. After manually reorganizing the mods that didn't want to work as they should have using common sense, the problems disappeared. Or well, there are still a few minor ones but I have no idea what causes them like some NPCs not moving their mouths in big cities when talking but only outside. If I follow them inside, they talk normally again. Also the game sometimes stops responding after exiting Markath. It's only happened twice though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Talos.

The HoonDing.

Trinimac.

Vivec.

Leki.

Reman.

Auri-El.

Wulfharth.

Morihaus.

Pelinal.

That's my list, and pretty much in that order. Though Vivec did kill Tiber Septim once...but I mentioned Talos, not the Emperor.
    Goddamit Kirkblade, he writes such interesting shit but then I read this and I just get confused all over again. Wasn't Trinimac eaten by Boethia and turned into Malacath? Does that mean Malacath is super powerful as well? Or is Trinimac just floating around without a corporeal form and Malacath is just the result of his body being eaten? And I hadn't even heard of the HoonDing until I googled it a few minutes ago. URhghghghg. Sometime I feel like he just writes the first, most ridiculous thing that comes to his head just to fuck with us. Also, good to see that there is a theoretical state beyond CHIM, now I don't understand all over again.

Ruma gave birth to herself, and her father was the father. She also gave birth to her brother, but he is not her son.
    o ok
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Oh Dragonborn, was fun while it lasted.

The first dungeon I went in was fine, no technical problems at all but now when I started the Dragonborn DLC main storyline the game completely broke into pieces. I've already thrown the towel out of the window but still. Skyrim process just randomly got stuck, while moving around or even in loading the save game. I trust my ability to enable mods so I don't think it is a mod issue though, probably just something in Dragonborn itself which broke down. I kind of tried everything to get it work, loaded without mods, loaded earlier save game etc. Always crashes in way or another.

I didn't even have many mods installed, only official DLC's and their unofficial patches, SkyUI & SKSE, Better Sorting & Better World Map With Roads. Just for the curious, I even used BOSS for proper load order and cleared the .esm with TESEdit. I don't know if I ever want to install Skyrim again as it would require me to reroll a new character once more.. Not worth it..
    I have about 20 mods installed (mainly character appearance and cosmetic things like armor changes, custom follower ) and have not had a problem so far
    it would be one of your mods causing it, only thing I could suggest is going through you list and uninstalling each or all checking which is causing the problem
    If everything I do is wrong then by god ill do it right

That list would be pretty dang nearly wrong.

Strongest characters on Nirn:

Martin Septim -> Akatosh

Hero of Kvatch -> Sheo-fucking-gorath (strongest of all the Daedric lords once)

I don't think anyone on that list compares.

---------- Post added 2013-02-08 at 04:32 AM ----------

I saw a video diary of a pure illusion character. Sounds like good fun. I think I'll try a pure alteration or pure speechcraft characters with some mods that allows the perk system to boost shouts.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Its an old writing, the Imperial Library is in the middle or a serious revamp. Anyways, Just because how the world works, anyone who is CHIM is instantly top dog. Vivec made fucking with Daedric Princes a science. The only thing that really keeps them from doing anything is the fact just because you can, where's the fun in it?

Maxing Speechcraft is damn fun, but not as much as it used to be in Arena or Morrowind. Charisma is usually one of the stats I focus on in RPGs, just to see if the Developers has any real Tabletop Experience without making it overpowered. Sadly, I think its becoming a lost stat with the simple-mindless of most RPG games those days. Lately, its all about Hack and Slash/Magic Missile. I liked how in The Witcher 2 you could talk your way out of the final boss fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by raist474 View Post
    <snip>
    Heh, me too. My first points in any RPGs is always Speechcraft/Charisma/Charm and the likes. Old games used to have speech checks that would allow you to either skip entire groups of enemies, a boss, or get a very special item that you can't otherwise get.

well, i think i've done just about every quest on solstheim, and explored nearly all of it. and i ran across something i thought was very cool! it seems there is now a canon homosexual couple . if you wanna check it out, go out to the little broken down house, just down the road from the destroyed farm outside of raven rock.

For any who were not using Skyjubs invisible helmets due to not wanting to make EVERY helmet invisible, it's updated to have 4 different options, including one where you handpick which helmets to hide.

Started the game over the other day. Playing as a necromancer/pyromancer.

Ran into some weird bugs in vanilla areas such as game closing everytime I tried to quicksave in a certain dungeon, my companion completely broke, 80% of the time she just stands there and does nothing, so abandoned her. Game seems to be completely broken when it comes to mobs, one shotting most mobs but when I get to a "boss" they take like 20 x2 handed fireballs to bring them down and any other mob just dies one shot.

Still having fun in the game, second time playing it and still finding new things to do and not even touched the main story line apart from killing the first dragon outside whiterun quest.

Deleted
    Can anyone recommend me good mods? I've seen a couple on this forum already. Looking for more! Thanks :3
    Last edited by mmoca91367db85; 2013-02-09 at 03:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    -snip- Taken elsewhere, apologies.

On another note, Dragonborn is a pretty badass DLC, I'm enjoying it so much.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2013-02-09 at 05:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    On another note, Dragonborn is a pretty badass DLC, I'm enjoying it so much.
    I have to agree though there are seem to be 2 major bugs with PC version, 1. Dragon souls don't get absorbed, so I guess I am not longer Dovakin (this as it turns out is an animation bug, the latest FNIS fixed it for me), and another one that has to do with Miraak (wont mention specifics since they are spoilers).

Other then those though I would say this trumps Dawngaurd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Priestlie View Post
    Can anyone recommend me good mods? I've seen a couple on this forum already. Looking for more! Thanks :3
    Sure, what kind of thing are you looking for? Visual mods, character mods, armor, weapons, etc?