10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaosbringer View Post
    I have to agree though there are seem to be 2 major bugs with PC version, 1. Dragon souls don't get absorbed, so I guess I am not longer Dovakin (this as it turns out is an animation bug, the latest FNIS fixed it for me), and another one that has to do with Miraak (wont mention specifics since they are spoilers).

Other then those though I would say this trumps Dawngaurd.
    Spoiler:
    The battle, yes it's bugged what you do is go easy on the damage and let him absorb all the dragons. Going all out tends to bug him because apparently the souls he absorbs heal to a certain amount and it's supposed to top him off, bringing him below 20% might prevent the heal to top him off, also do not attack the dragons he absorbs. I think the current glitch/bug is the absorption does not work at all levels of Miraak's health. (Won't top him off after a certain amount of damage dealt to him)

The character being unable to absorb dragons? Well the first time I noticed that, Miraak appeared and took it for himself. Then after that one situation of stealing, I was able to absorb them for myself.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2013-02-09 at 09:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright so I'm downloading SkyMoMod for the first time (maker got banned from Nexus) Some of these creature designs are just insane

http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1...65/evilwiz.jpg
    http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/Images/9...1341295935.jpg
    Last edited by Seiklis; 2013-02-09 at 09:29 AM.

I... I need the new SkyMoMod...

Like... Now.

Aren't the models mostly lifted out of other games like The Witcher and Dragon Age?

I stopped using Monster Mod when I started running across sharks in shallow rivers. Now I use Immersive Creatures which has more thoughtful additions instead of everything and the kitchen sink.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just started again, is there a way to avoid being bitten by a vampire? I don`t want to start the Dawnguard chain yet.
    Thx.

you don't get bitten. you have a chance to contract sanguinara vampiris when hit by a vampire. it progresses to full on vampirism after 3 game days, but it can be cured by either using a cure disease potion, or using a shrine. also, you can only start dawnguard at 10, it doesn't start just because you fight a vampire. at 10, an orc named durak will walk up to you and tell you that the dawnguard is recruiting. all you have to do is leave the conversation if you don't want to start dawnguard yet.

Deleted
    Well, actually I don't think you can be a normal vampire with Dawnguard installed. I got the disease, went to sleep and it was gone when I woke up. Even tried adding with the console. It just goes away after a while and doesn't progress into anything.

that sounds like a pretty bad bug. i just had a character turn vampire a couple hours ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Lies! Lies I say.

I thought this was the Skyrim megathread, not the LSD-induced My Little Pony Horror Show Megathread.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I thought this was the Skyrim megathread, not the LSD-induced My Little Pony Horror Show Megathread.
    Tonight....I shall not sleep.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    ...THANK YOU FOR BRINGING THAT BACK UP. Ye gods, why WHY? Couldn't you just snip the picture out. ~.~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    a way to avoid being bitten by a vampire? I don`t want to start the Dawnguard chain yet.
    Thx.
    I disabled the Dawnguard DLC for now.

Deleted
    Can anyone introduce me to a good sun/light mod(Not sunglare)? I'm trying to pimp skyrim to my liking but I have an issue with the sun/light reflection on objects.

It's a bit lowres

As you can see the light brightens up the axe(all objects in direct sun light) too much. I'd still like it to have a warm color and perhaps only reflect sunlight on the blade and not the handle. I also have a problem with dynamic contrast, whenever I see a light source(sun,torch, campfire etc) my screen brightens up making the entire screen look as the axe does in the print I linked. Any way to remove/reduce this "eye" adaptation effect?
    Last edited by mmoc098be2d235; 2013-02-09 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Well, actually I don't think you can be a normal vampire with Dawnguard installed. I got the disease, went to sleep and it was gone when I woke up. Even tried adding with the console. It just goes away after a while and doesn't progress into anything.
    I can still be a normal vampire with dawngaurd installed, so I would think that its just that your unlucky.

Still having the game randomly closing after a quick save. Doing a full repair on skyrim and reinstalled steam and its stil happening. Seems to be happening at random times too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaosbringer View Post
    I can still be a normal vampire with dawngaurd installed, so I would think that its just that your unlucky.
    Might be the basic needs and diseases mods though, it messes with other diseases too and makes them more powerful. I don't really care about it .. it's not like it matters anyway. The Dawnguard method still works fine. Besides, if I want to be a vampire then I might as well get the vampire lord form.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Might be the basic needs and diseases mods though, it messes with other diseases too and makes them more powerful. I don't really care about it .. it's not like it matters anyway. The Dawnguard method still works fine. Besides, if I want to be a vampire then I might as well get the vampire lord form.
    Uuugh
    Uuuuuuuuuuuugh

10+ Year Old Account
    is there a way to make the Battle-born friends with the Gray Manes ? I remember something like a love story between two of them, but I was never able to set them up.

Deleted
    Decided to finally upgrade my ol trusty phenom II system so I can enjoy Dragonborn properly with dem photo realistic graphic mods.

Can't play till monday now tho, damn royal mail lost my i5

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    is there a way to make the Battle-born friends with the Gray Manes ? I remember something like a love story between two of them, but I was never able to set them up.
    No. Even after the civil war ends, nothing changes.

The romance between Olfina and Jon is there for the sole purpose of being used as a bribe by you to get Thorald Gray-Mane's location.

Edit: Which reminds me, that quest has a step to get him freed diplomatically, but Tullius would never agree to it. The ESwiki page at some point got updated with a scenario where Tullius does give you a letter to get him free, But right under that update it still says it's impossible to free him without violence. Which is it?
    Last edited by Valenhil; 2013-02-09 at 08:48 PM.