10+ Year Old Account

i really enjoyed his random questness

you know... speaking of sheogorath, i wonder if those two guards at the arena puzzle are dwemer? they're dressed in full dwemer gear, and they're presumably from the past.

10+ Year Old Account

i take this requires modding? forever a 360 user

console commands. i've spawned in like, 40 draugr at a time before while i was just fuckin' around.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want crazy man to spawn cheese for me as a spell!

oh, something interesting here. it seems that master neloth just confirmed the gender of the nerevarine. if you talk to him about it, he calls the nerevarine "he". and since neloth was alive at the time, he should know. so i guess there's now a canon gender for one of the elder scrolls heroes.

10+ Year Old Account
    the next dlc should give u the ability to return npcs from the dead

i really want belethor back

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    the next dlc should give u the ability to return npcs from the dead

i really want belethor back
    Already got that ability:P http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/23625 with upgraded holy bolt. It only works if there's a body to resurrect though and sometimes causes them to explode instead for some reasons.. maybe when you kill them or they're supposed to be dead (like DB victims)

10+ Year Old Account
    i take this requires modding? forever a 360 user
    Gross, Stock standard Whiterun is so ugly. Not much of a PC player if it looks that bad.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/19799

What Whiterun should look like for pc gamers.

http://static.skyrim.nexusmods.com/m...1341267863.jpg - Same place as the vid.
    Last edited by Airwaves; 2013-02-23 at 08:41 AM.
    Aye mate

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Gross, Stock standard Whiterun is so ugly. Not much of a PC player if it looks that bad.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/19799

What Whiterun should look like for pc gamers.

http://static.skyrim.nexusmods.com/m...1341267863.jpg - Same place as the vid.
    It's a matter of taste.. Whiterun is in tundra and looks fine as it is. Making it look like it's in a forest and adding trees that don't even grow in the region just makes it look unrealistic. Trees and flowers everywhere suit Falkreath and maybe even Riften but overly lush Whiterun just looks wrong.

---------- Post added 2013-02-23 at 11:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    oh, something interesting here. it seems that master neloth just confirmed the gender of the nerevarine. if you talk to him about it, he calls the nerevarine "he". and since neloth was alive at the time, he should know. so i guess there's now a canon gender for one of the elder scrolls heroes.
    It's because Nerevar was male, nerevarine was believed to be hes recarnation so obviously they refer to him as "he". "He" could just as well be reincarnated as a female or not at all (not sure if it was actually true according to lore or nerevarine was just a random adventurer). Neloth could just as well be referring to Nerevar when he said that, not the incarnation.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    It's a matter of taste.. Whiterun is in tundra and looks fine as it is. Making it look like it's in a forest and adding trees that don't even grow in the region just makes it look unrealistic. Trees and flowers everywhere suit Falkreath and maybe even Riften but overly lush Whiterun just looks wrong.
    I agree with you on Whiterun not looking right with a bunch on lush forest trees in it.
    So I use this one instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    i wish there was a real way to upgrade towns

(STOP SHOWING ME MODS I R A FOREVER A 360 USER)

10+ Year Old Account
    i wish there was a real way to upgrade towns

(STOP SHOWING ME MODS I R A FOREVER A 360 USER)
    Well there is a chance that they will do a mod cd. Didn't they do that for FO3? So you may see them on the consoles at some point.

As far as Whiterun I still prefer horrorview's Sexy mods like Sexy Whiterun v3 and Dalmatan's tweaks to it.

Though they are a smidge too colorful. If I had anywhere near the patience and talent of modders I would pick a spot in between vanilla and sexy.

Personally I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for Issgard.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since 1h,2h and bow damage can be raised with enchants, is there a way to pump the magic damage? I saw that the enchants only reduce the mana cost.
    Also, does 20 extra damage justifies choosing Dragon smithing perk ? The dragon bow is a heavy bow, and maybe that skill point would be in a better place (maybe?) like on the other BS branch, for crafting the new Dragonborne light armor set thing? (playing on expert - lv 42 stelth archer).
    Thank you.

It's because Nerevar was male, nerevarine was believed to be hes recarnation so obviously they refer to him as "he". "He" could just as well be reincarnated as a female or not at all (not sure if it was actually true according to lore or nerevarine was just a random adventurer). Neloth could just as well be referring to Nerevar when he said that, not the incarnation.
    he says "You are too young to remember the Nerevarine. He defeated Dagoth Ur and saved us all from the blight." so he's talking about the nerevarine. i mean, if anyone should know it would be him. he met the nerevarine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    Since 1h,2h and bow damage can be raised with enchants, is there a way to pump the magic damage? I saw that the enchants only reduce the mana cost.
    Also, does 20 extra damage justifies choosing Dragon smithing perk ? The dragon bow is a heavy bow, and maybe that skill point would be in a better place (maybe?) like on the other BS branch, for crafting the new Dragonborne light armor set thing? (playing on expert - lv 42 stealth archer).
    Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    stealth archer
    Nope, you don't need any perks at all. Get hunting bow and one shot everyone.

In all seriousness, that's the main issue with magic, for the reasons you listed. Melee and bow damage can be increased indefinitely (and they scale with level), while magic is always capped at +50% via two perks. If you don't do enchant/smithing exploit, 20 damage is quite a bit of damage early on - silver weapons do +20 damage to undead. I'd say useful up until about your level.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    Nope, you don't need any perks at all. Get hunting bow and one shot everyone.

In all seriousness, that's the main issue with magic, for the reasons you listed. Melee and bow damage can be increased indefinitely (and they scale with level), while magic is always capped at +50% via two perks. If you don't do enchant/smithing exploit, 20 damage is quite a bit of damage early on - silver weapons do +20 damage to undead. I'd say useful up until about your level.
    When I played without any mods installed, I remember being able to increase magic damage just as well.. it's not permanent but you can make infinite number of 100%+ destruction potions which do increase damage, not just mana cost.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I played without any mods installed, I remember being able to increase magic damage just as well.. it's not permanent but you can make infinite number of 100%+ destruction potions which do increase damage, not just mana cost.
    Huh. Fortify Destruction potions increase damage, but Fortify Destruction enchants reduce cost. I guess I never used alchemy and always thought both effects are the same. Well, there you go, a temporary way to increase magic damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tried it leveled destro to ~40+ after reseting the skills, but it`s not something I enjoy.. Too much noise, too obvious.
    Indeed you can increase the damage with potions, but... it`s just not for me.

Well I've run into an interesting bug...

Doing the quest "The Way of The Voice" where the Greybeards have you use the level two unrelenting force on their magic clones. I can't hit the clones. With anything. They appear, I shout, nothing happens, they vanish after a few seconds.

I honestly can't think of anything I'm running that might cause this other than SkyRe, but I'm pretty sure that's not it since I've run two characters through the main quest and they had no problems since I started using it.

Is anyone any good with using console commands to skip quests? I tried setting the quest to the next stage but Borri and Arngeir both stay in the main hall with Arngeir telling me to shout at the clones and Borri forever conjuring clones.