10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Yea, I love that they're having a different studio make the MMO.

Skyrim MMO with ESO on the horizon? No thanks. I'm glad Beth will be working on Skyrim expansions/TESVI
    oh the normal team is making the dlcs and next game? PERFECT i thought it would be like wow..... my friend still cries that there is no warcraft 4

Redguard ftw! I hope they get a cool idea from that video i linked. isle of the dead thing

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    oh the normal team is making the dlcs and next game? PERFECT i thought it would be like wow..... my friend still cries that there is no warcraft 4

Redguard ftw! I hope they get a cool idea from that video i linked. isle of the dead thing
    It's Zenimax working on ES:O. I don't know what Bethesda is focusing on right now but I'd imagine it's Redguard and some new IP or maybe even Fallout 4.

I'm really liking my current mod list. I didn't much like SkyRE so I decided to get what it tried to give me in different mods.

ASIS for combat: just perfection in every way. Mob difficulty scaling, mob spawns etc. etc.

WATER: Terrain/water enhancements.

WATER Waves: Adds waves to skyrim too.

SPERG for perks: automatically allots perks that should have been given baseline upon getting your skill to a certain amount anyways. No more wasting perks on silly things like half magicka cost on spells. Other than that it gives me what I really want from the Speech tree which is better Shouts.

Skyrim Immersive Creatures: Skyrim Monster Mod got old fast because of how the creatures just didn't seem to "fit" Skyrim even with the lore friendlifying mod. This mod rectifies that issue by combining a lot of cool monster mods and adding more as well while staying lore friendly. Best part is the beast race skeleton models being used effectively.

Deadly Dragons: Happens to work with Skyrim Immersive Creatures. Allows for changes in mob scaling with the mod configuration unit making it so that those skeletons you can punch through in one hit can now do the same to you and survive more hits. And the dragon fights...to die for.

I just had a fight against a bone dragon that changed the sky to shoot balls of poison at me and summoned 5 draugr deathlords.

Dragon Combat Overhaul: everyone NEEDS this mod. Dragon fights are no longer boring as hell. And combined with Deadly Dragons it's perfection.

Sexy City Mod series: go to the nexus and just type sexy "city" where city can be any major city and remove the quotations. It makes all the cities just so SO much better.

Enhanced City mods: On Steam, works with sexy city mods even though I thought they wouldn't. Beautifies a lot of the cities while remaining lore friendly.

Skyrim HD textures: must have if you want your game to look nice. I don't have anti-aliasing on but it looks like I do and it doesn't hit my GPU as hard.

aMidianBorn Book of Silence: retexture of a lot of armors but not all. Still great.

JAGR: Glass armor retexture since amidian hasn't gotten to it yet. Definitely at the level of amidianborn already so I'm happy with it.

Wuulfarth's Dragonbone weapons: I loved the old dragonbone weapon mod. The ones added with Dawnguard looked bad. This one fixes that with a replacer.

Legends of the Frost: Main theme replacer. Beautiful song.

Main Menu wallpaper replacer: I know most people don't wait on the loading screen too long but sometimes I like to just sit back and look at a great screen with the above mentioned song playing in the background. Has a randomizer so you have a new screen every time. I recommend NOT looking at the screens before downloading the mod. Seeing a fresh new screen you've never seen before feels great.

Fantasy Music Overhaul: Music replacer. Adds that classic RPG feel while still feeling very Skyrim.

WSBP: Face replacer for all humanoid races. Better than Bella's imo and while the ethereal elven replacer is great this one covers that and more.

Skyrim Flora Overhaul: I wish I could roll with the summer edition but its really taxing on my pc. I'm using the basic one with lowered texture size and it's great.

Ultimate Follower Overhaul: Great.

Insanity's Unique Uniques: On the Nexus front page. Something that should always have been there.

Black Sacrament: Dark Brotherhood armor replacer. Great for that ninja feel.

Ritual armor of Boetheia: great to have this to work towards. Great looking set though I wish it looked bulkier.

TK Combat: Great mod for specializing combat. Something Skyrim needs badly.

I have the UNP female body replacer but it's really not that...important in this game.

I think that's about all. But together the game is just absolutely amazing. Most of these mods require SKSE.

Next up on to try list: TK Dodge. Been having trouble making it work. But I WILL make it work.

I recommend avoiding SkyRE for those who hate clutter. SkyRE adds a lot of "fluff" imo and while it might be a pain to get things you want from different mods, I think you'd have a better experience overall. I personally enjoy the hunt for mods.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-03-16 at 04:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Fantasy Music Overhaul: Music replacer. Adds that classic RPG feel while still feeling very Skyrim.
    No it doesn't. The good musics in that mod are the ones which were taken from other ones, so install those instead.
    This one is the source for most of the good music while keeping out those that fit better in RPGMaker:
    Additional Music Project
    and this one adds some variations(more violins = good) of the original Skyrim songs:
    Skyrim Music Remixes

Deleted
    After a few months of other games, i started another playthrough yesterday. A Khajit Assassin type of Character with Sneak, Archery, Onehanded, Illusion and Light Armor.
    So far i have cleared the Thieves Guild, farmed Merunes Razor and The Black Star, completed barely enough of the main story to buy my house in Whiterun (saving the main story for last most of the time) and wanted to complete the Dark Brotherhood next.
    As of mods i use currently Path of Shadows, Combat Remastered for Onehanded and Archery, Faster Arrows and some eyecandy ones like Realistic Lighting.
    Can anyone recommend some more mods which make Assassins much more fun?

Has anyone tried out and can recommend a vampirism overhaul mod?

Going legendary on skills is...interesting. It still sucks to lose perks you've gotten used to but the damage continues to go up. I think I'll be able to up the difficulty to legendary soon enough. Can't yet cause I've avoided becoming super op through crafting skills. Actually just got my first character to hit level 50.
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

New patch...

SKSE won't let me launch Skyrim...

*sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    New patch...

*sigh*
    Skyrim doesn't seem to be syncing with Steam either for updating my mods.

But launching the game normally (not through SKSE) still seems to have the SKSE-associated mods working fine. In fact, I have most of the SKSE-associated mods working AND I'm not getting the CTD's I was getting yesterday with the same mod list.

New patch...

*sigh*
    Had this same issue yesterday but happily SKSE has been updated to a new version - here ------------> http://skse.silverlock.org/

Downloaded and applied it and it works fine.
    Back to your bridge, you evil Troll!

10+ Year Old Account
    U know why I hate dragons..... and greybeards

they translate every other word they say.... just speak what ever language the game is in! stop speaking one language just to translate it every other word!

10+ Year Old Account
    Skyrim doesn't seem to be syncing with Steam either for updating my mods.

But launching the game normally (not through SKSE) still seems to have the SKSE-associated mods working fine. In fact, I have most of the SKSE-associated mods working AND I'm not getting the CTD's I was getting yesterday with the same mod list.
    Okay I'm a dumbass, but what exactly does SKSE do? Been debating if I want to test drive it for a bit but truthfully most of my mods are aesthetic so I'm not sure I need a script editor.
    That fabric softener teddy bear...oooh I'm 'a hunt that little bitch down.

Quote Originally Posted by Talokami View Post
    Okay I'm a dumbass, but what exactly does SKSE do? Been debating if I want to test drive it for a bit but truthfully most of my mods are aesthetic so I'm not sure I need a script editor.
    It does nothing, if you're not using mods that need it.

All SKSE does is allow the game to accept more complicated scripts than the unmodified game would allow.

So yeah, on its own it does nothing to the game. You need mods that actually use it.

10+ Year Old Account
    All SKSE does is allow the game to accept more complicated scripts than the unmodified game would allow.

So yeah, on its own it does nothing to the game. You need mods that actually use it.
    Derp. Well now I know!
    That fabric softener teddy bear...oooh I'm 'a hunt that little bitch down.

ASIS + Deadly Dragons + Dragon Combat Overhaul + Skyrim Immersive Creatures without applying the .ini file fix = 4 dragons spawning at the same time at Arcwind point at the same time as about 40 draugrs out which 5 were titled "Immortal King Draugr Death Overlord".

/proceeds to crap pants. I've never had a more epic fight in any game ever. Freaking stupid tough when 4 dragons all fly around in a 200 degree arc to turn around to land on you at once and toss your around like a ragdoll...happened to save my life from fus roh dah'ing draugr death overlords.

P.S. I hate the dragons that shoot lighting. Shizz is impossible to dodge.

Also, I keep getting random freeze ups when the game is loading after I've died. It doesn't quite crash to desktop and it isn't even a real "freeze" per se. The loading screen and music just keeps going as per norm but doesn't ever actually load the game up.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-03-20 at 04:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    for a player who cant mod

any advice for a normal mage (with robes, currently using arch mage) u know clothy robes and spells.

so i take less damage? should i focus more on wards? but that kinda sucks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    U know why I hate dragons..... and greybeards

they translate every other word they say.... just speak what ever language the game is in! stop speaking one language just to translate it every other word!
    They do it to be seen cool and special.. it's kinda like those people who get Japanese or Chinese letters tattooed on them even though they aren't from Asia.

I haven't played Skyrim for a while and probably won't pick it up again before all DLCs are out but when I'll start another play through, I really don't want to be a nord again. It's just hard to pick anything else. I don't want to play as a beast or orc. Loved imperials in Oblivion but in Skyrim their racials are completely useless, even with SkyRe, I guess bretons are ok'ish, maybe high elves too. But I guess I have to pick between a breton and a dark elf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone tried that Tropical Mod?

It looks amazing, but I hate seeing my GPU at 90-99% load, is there anyway to reduce this without putting the graphic settings on low? I normally get 60 FPS as well (on Ultra with other mods installed, like sexy whiterun and other graphical updates), but with this mod it can go as low as 15-20 and feel very choppy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Anyone tried that Tropical Mod?

It looks amazing, but I hate seeing my GPU at 90-99% load, is there anyway to reduce this without putting the graphic settings on low? I normally get 60 FPS as well (on Ultra with other mods installed, like sexy whiterun and other graphical updates), but with this mod it can go as low as 15-20 and feel very choppy.
    You can reduce the Ugrid load and render distance with a few ini tweaks, that'll give you anything from 10-30 fps depending on how much you turn it down. Be warned though, tweaking the Ugrids WILL corrupt your save file and any change to the Ugrid after that point will make your save unplayable until certain measures are taken.

-Ugrid tweak-
    1: Locate and open "Skyrim.ini".
    2: Paste the following text/code under [General] and sLanguage.
    Code:
    Ugrids=5 
    uExterior=36
    3: Save the change and set Skyrim.ini to read-only in properties.

-Object render distance tweak-
    1: Locate and open" SkyrimPrefs.ini"
    2: Change the following values to something lower/what works for you.
    Code:
    fGrassStartFadeDistance=7000.0000
    fGrassMaxStartFadeDistance=7000.0000
    3: Save the change and start skyrim.

Sometimes it's wise to sacrifice some heavy visual elements, such as shadow quality. Also, DoF is a killer so you might wanna rid that if your ENB has a DoF effect.

-How to fix uGrid corruption-
    What you'll need to do if your save becomes corrupted is to set the uGrid and uExterior back to the value you first tweaked to, start the game and load your save. While in-game, tab out and change the uGrid/uExterior values in skyrim.ini to what you desire, save the ini and then save your game. Restart Skyrim and it's fixed.
    Last edited by mmoc098be2d235; 2013-03-20 at 12:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    They do it to be seen cool and special.. it's kinda like those people who get Japanese or Chinese letters tattooed on them even though they aren't from Asia.

I haven't played Skyrim for a while and probably won't pick it up again before all DLCs are out but when I'll start another play through, I really don't want to be a nord again. It's just hard to pick anything else. I don't want to play as a beast or orc. Loved imperials in Oblivion but in Skyrim their racials are completely useless, even with SkyRe, I guess bretons are ok'ish, maybe high elves too. But I guess I have to pick between a breton and a dark elf.
    im playing as a high elf now. its really annoying since i cant join arcano or the thalmor. so im playing it as i do what i want, with a huge preference to the high elf agenda, but if my interests go against it, i go with my interests.

but the game does kinda force u to be a nord. i mean u get to be a dragon powered viking in viking world?

im thinking if i make a 3rd, it will be agorian, orc, kitty, or redguard. who ever i pick will be an assassin type since i did nord warrior and now working on elf mage