10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arishtat View Post

Tho I must say I mistrust using leona...so much bad can happen if you initiate and your teammates don't follow up, ever. At least lulu and nami I guess as well, can do that from a far safer distance.
    I heard this excuse from so many bad Leona players. Usually because this is happens:
    ADC ----------- Leona ------------ Enemy; Leona think it is good time to charge in, which leads to:
    ADC ------------------------------ Enemy raping Leona; At this point she has no way to escape, her ADC lost 3-4 attacks (due to need to get in range), and because Leona can't do much damage on line solo, ADC won't get "last hit" on heavily wounded enemy.

If you play as Leona support, you should engage at point when your ADC will start dealing damage as soon as you land a stun, not when stun will be wasted because ADC had to move to target. After doing it 1-2 times, you will be able to zone enemy and get free farm+exp (because if ADC + Leona work together, their damage output is crazy, with good timing you (and your ADC) can dish out 3 passive procs in a row at level 3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I heard this excuse from so many bad Leona players. Usually because this is happens:
    ADC ----------- Leona ------------ Enemy; Leona think it is good time to charge in, which leads to:
    ADC ------------------------------ Enemy raping Leona; At this point she has no way to escape, her ADC lost 3-4 attacks (due to need to get in range), and because Leona can't do much damage on line solo, ADC won't get "last hit" on heavily wounded enemy.

If you play as Leona support, you should engage at point when your ADC will start dealing damage as soon as you land a stun, not when stun will be wasted because ADC had to move to target. After doing it 1-2 times, you will be able to zone enemy and get free farm+exp (because if ADC + Leona work together, their damage output is crazy, with good timing you (and your ADC) can dish out 3 passive procs in a row at level 3)
    Not to be a dick but, are you in my games? No? Than don't say it's an excuse from "bad leona players".

Deleted
    All he was saying that a similar "excuse" are used by bad leona players, he did not say that only bad leona players say things like that and I highly doubt he wanted to imply that you are a bad player in any way.

But I really think that supports should try to match the playstyle of their ADC, many times have I seen hyperaggressive ADCs dying due to a overly passive support and vice versa. Best case would be some form of communication, but there are just some players who refuse to change their playstyle (especially if your comp has a weaker laning phase than the enemy). Don't get me wrong, the ADC can also adapt to the support (and should do that too imho), but I rarely see ADCs changing their playstyle. I play every role, before someone calls out bias

Deleted
    Just watched a 'summoner showcase' on the LoL-site for the first time to see what it actually was.
    Aaaaaaaaaaagh, my ears are bleeding! Will never ever watch again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not to be a dick but, are you in my games? No? Than don't say it's an excuse from "bad leona players".
    Well, an excuse "my teammates don't follow up" is usual excuse from bad initiators, like in situations when carry has no mana/health/summoner spells to fight, but initiator still runs in.
    Some people can't see an opening at all, others can see it only from their perspective, but this will lead a charge from fully ready to fight initiator, but bunch of characters at low health/mana/7 seconds CDs left on important skills, will be in back, it will lead to failure.
    I didn't wanted to offend you and i didn't meant that you are doing these things that i written in example, i just wanted to highlight that too many initiators don't see what happens with their teammates and how fight will be played from a side of their teammates.

Actually, i have seen a really fun chase from a lee at ~20% (safeguard into a totem from lantern, resonating strike into a creep, flash to a low health Taric... then he got stunned by a Taric and ravaged by a Rengar who opened from stealth), then he started flame in chat because no one assisted him (and how in the hell we could, if he was SO far ahead from team). But again, initiator must think not only about himself to be ready, but for everyone in a team (Shens ult being ready to be used on a stealthed Twitch and so on)
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Anyone here plays/played Elise jungle and know which masteries are better for her, 21/9/0 or 9/21/0? I talked with few guys in my friend list both have mixed opinions on this.
    Currently I'm going 21/9/0 ( that I saw in guide) which might have faster clearing time and more damage,but when I get caught,I get f'kd up in second.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly don't think 21/9 is going to do much for you. Elise is much more a bruiser than all out damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Well, an excuse "my teammates don't follow up" is usual excuse from bad initiators, like in situations when carry has no mana/health/summoner spells to fight, but initiator still runs in.
    Some people can't see an opening at all, others can see it only from their perspective, but this will lead a charge from fully ready to fight initiator, but bunch of characters at low health/mana/7 seconds CDs left on important skills, will be in back, it will lead to failure.
    I didn't wanted to offend you and i didn't meant that you are doing these things that i written in example, i just wanted to highlight that too many initiators don't see what happens with their teammates and how fight will be played from a side of their teammates.

Actually, i have seen a really fun chase from a lee at ~20% (safeguard into a totem from lantern, resonating strike into a creep, flash to a low health Taric... then he got stunned by a Taric and ravaged by a Rengar who opened from stealth), then he started flame in chat because no one assisted him (and how in the hell we could, if he was SO far ahead from team). But again, initiator must think not only about himself to be ready, but for everyone in a team (Shens ult being ready to be used on a stealthed Twitch and so on)
    Considering I'm in Silver where there's still a lot of derping going about in the game...I dislike Leona for that reason. I'm not that guy that goes in all LERRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOY and shit with no health or what not, I'm talking genuine 5 on 5 in the mid everyone with full health and mana on our side and there side is half dead just to engage into them, stun, and watch my team derp around for 15 seconds while I die.

it happens wayyy too much for my tastes, so at least by playing lulu, I can save the initiator rather than be the one. It's not my ass that gets chewed out for no reason that way .

---------- Post added 2013-03-24 at 07:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    Just watched a 'summoner showcase' on the LoL-site for the first time to see what it actually was.
    :< But Nikasaur is t3h s3x. Other than that, yeah, that shit is dull , boring, and pointless.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the idea of it. It gets the community more involved. That said, I don't I watched more than one or two of them.

Deleted
    :< But Nikasaur is t3h s3x. Other than that, yeah, that shit is dull , boring, and pointless.
    I find her absolutely horrible, both behaviourally and phenotypically (Hey, I'm a biology post-doc, I'm allowed to use those word )

Deleted
    I find her absolutely horrible, both behaviourally and phenotypically (Hey, I'm a biology post-doc, I'm allowed to use those word )
    Is it bad I had to look up what that word meant? To each their own. And it's much better her than what I'd imagine the typical Rioter or LoL player to look like (Picture if Trundle had a baby with Gragas ..)

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it bad I had to look up what that word meant? To each their own. And it's much better her than what I'd imagine the typical Rioter or LoL player to look like (Picture if Trundle had a baby with Gragas ..)
    Riot Developer Picture Thread

A significant number of them I'd be fine with taking out for a cup of tea. (Read: the female part of the list....)
    From memory, most of them are either married or dating though. RiotNome and MsPudding are a couple for example, last I heard.

And for some reason I'm now suddenly concerned that I know more about Rioter relationships than I do about "celebrities" or "movie stars".

Really hope the new ARAM queue goes live soon. I really don't like SR/classic personally. Would love to just have a few easy ARAMs queues every now & then.

the italian launch event was yesterday so i'm hoping gladiator draven comes in soon. must own all the draven skins.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dengatron View Post
    the italian launch event was yesterday so i'm hoping gladiator draven comes in soon. must own all the draven skins.
    It isn't available for purchase yet? Because I already have it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Infighter View Post
    It isn't available for purchase yet?
    For me in NA, it shows up as "unavailable".

Quote Originally Posted by Infighter View Post
    It isn't available for purchase yet? Because I already have it...
    apparently only italian ips have it as of now. we can't buy it yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Really hope the new ARAM queue goes live soon. I really don't like SR/classic personally. Would love to just have a few easy ARAMs queues every now & then.
    Indeed.

I hope we can get it pretty soon. Going to play that a lot when it comes out.

Deleted
    I think it's going to be out together with Lissandra and Sej's visual remake because it's tied to their lore.

Or so the reds said.

Deleted
    Yeah, 12/1/7 with Lee Sin.
    No doubt in my mind that the jumping animations make me play better too and thus help me greatly. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Still Rampant Rabbit View Post
    My Lee Sin plays vary a lot depending on which skin I choose. It's pretty strange but it's the truth.

With the Muay Thai skin I'm super aggressive, and with the Acolyte skin I'm far more protective/supportive.

I love it how some skins can alter your play-style so much.

That's pretty wild actually. The skin themes even match up doing that.

Though I dislike Muay Thai skin.
    Last edited by mmoc13485c3c3f; 2013-03-25 at 02:46 AM.