Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    So funny story.

I joined a 3v3 game as Ashe as a level 6 a couple of weeks ago and was playing with a level 18 friend of mine. The third person was also around level 15ish.

Being a new to the game and all I picked volley before frost shot because I thought the game starts out on farming not on ganking and from there on out the third was a completely dick to me. He constantly called me out for literally no reason at all; even when I'd get kills on enemy champions.

He threatened to ban me for being new and eventually lead us to a near-loss by not calling A SINGLE MIA in his lane. Luckily my friend's a pretty good player and was able to keep us up and I was getting some good ultimates off. By the end of it he had zero assists, 5 kills and 3 deaths. He never came to help us out whereas we got assist on the majority of his kills.

That guy...I stopped playing for a few days after that cause of him.
    Yeah, you got those kind of people sadly, brush it off and play for fun. That is the best advice I can give you.
    Last edited by Riathy; 2011-08-21 at 10:33 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xandemar View Post
    By the way, while i did buy Singed, I'd like to know a few tips on how to farm with Malphite still(Not having an impessive amount of CS, in fact as a Malphite, it's fucking horrible).Thanks!And a few tips on how to farm with Singed or in general would be nice, as well.

Get the ability with the AOE passive. Hit minions one by one, and when they all have low hp, Ground Slam. You can also get a Tiamat.

Singed the same thing. But they don't need to be very low, just activate your Q and walk around them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by t3hj0j0 View Post
    Whelp, you proved me wrong... LALALAIDIDNTREADTHATLALALALA.

Now I can grab my HoG Philo Stone and Kages on Sona and rock even more games (just went 3/2/25 in a ranked game, we were in their base taking constant hits for 10 minutes before we could push for win, I just floated around and healed like a boss XD)
    Tbh Philo and HoG are enough on Sona, it's not that she benefits a lot from AP anyway, so I reckon it's better to build that first support item faster (Aegis or so). Philo stone + HoG + Greed + possible GP/10 runes = steady cashflow.

Deleted
    Hahaha, Sup <3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StylesClashv3 View Post
    Hahaha, Sup <3
    You master of disguise you!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    You master of disguise you!
    I thought this would work!

Quote Originally Posted by StylesClashv3 View Post
    I thought this would work!
    :O im telling

10+ Year Old Account
    The IEM final is starting! I'd like TSM to win Who are you guys rooting for?

Deleted
    I'm considering picking up the goddess slut of assists for some support action, is she worth it?

Good ganks all round

---------- Post added 2011-08-21 at 12:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Iyona View Post
    I'm considering picking up the goddess slut of assists for some support action, is she worth it?
    Yes, especially with the incoming nerfs to soraka/sona/taric.
    Last edited by Frozendekay; 2011-08-21 at 12:27 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozendekay View Post
    Yes, especially with the incoming nerfs to soraka/sona/taric.
    Nice! She and Karma are the only Supports I found I like by design, and since the latter is rather underwhelming...

By the way, many people and guides seem to suggest buying a Catalyst and build a Rod of Ages. I've primarily played Anivia but it seems to be the case for other AP users as well. Personally I've felt far more powerful with a Meki Pendant rather than a Sapphire Crystal as a first buy, then build towards an Archangel's Staff. With the Meki Pendant I can harass and lane almost infinitely while with a Crystal I often found myself oom and vulnerable.

Is the Rod of Ages a much stronger item than the Archangel's Staff, or what's the deal? edit: Would it be viable to build a Tear of the Godess and then a RoA? I mean since the mana build-up from TotG is transfered to the Archangel's it could be quite effective?
    Last edited by mmoc0a04ed3db8; 2011-08-21 at 01:08 PM.

Nice! She and Karma are the only Supports I found I like by design, and since the latter is rather underwhelming...

By the way, many people and guides seem to suggest buying a Catalyst and build a Rod of Ages. I've primarily played Anivia but it seems to be the case for other AP users as well. Personally I've felt far more powerful with a Meki Pendant rather than a Sapphire Crystal as a first buy, then build towards an Archangel's Staff.

Is the Rod of Ages a much stronger item than the Archangel's Staff, or what's the deal? edit: Would it be viable to build a Tear of the Godess and then a RoA?
    There are 2 ways to play supports atm, and the best (imo) focuses on the support killing as few creeps as possible, grabbing a philo stone, buying 70% of the teams wards and getting oracles to constantly clear out the other teams wards. Playing this way you'll generally build something like Aegis/philo stone/lucidity/HoG, all depending on your team and the enemy team. Abyssal sceptre can be pretty decent as well.

The other way, which imo is less effective for coordinated play although could work at lower levels/elo hell, is to farm decently and build tanky/ap support. Rod is so strong because it gives you a huge lane staying ability as well as tons of survivability coupled with AP. Archangels just gives mana and AP, albeit more of both than rod.

---------- Post added 2011-08-21 at 01:16 PM ----------

Also: CLG played like shit last game. Hopefully they can pull it back in this game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Tbh Philo and HoG are enough on Sona, it's not that she benefits a lot from AP anyway, so I reckon it's better to build that first support item faster (Aegis or so). Philo stone + HoG + Greed + possible GP/10 runes = steady cashflow.

greed and gp/10 runes aren't really worth it in my opinion...greed is 6 gold per minute, which, in a 30 minute game boils down to 150. that's only 2 wards, were you could have, say, a point in something more. The runes are basically the same thing. 3 Quints for 3gp/10 sec, right (if they didn't change this)? thats only 18 gold per minute and 540 gold in a 30 minute game. Quints usually have so much stat weight that you want something else for it.

Oh, yeah, on topic of smurfing 10 accounts - don't play bot games, play normal games. It's far more bearable in my opinion because, well...bots are better than normal players lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozendekay View Post
    There are 2 ways to play supports atm, and the best (imo) focuses on the support killing as few creeps as possible, grabbing a philo stone, buying 70% of the teams wards and getting oracles to constantly clear out the other teams wards. Playing this way you'll generally build something like Aegis/philo stone/lucidity/HoG, all depending on your team and the enemy team. Abyssal sceptre can be pretty decent as well.

The other way, which imo is less effective for coordinated play although could work at lower levels/elo hell, is to farm decently and build tanky/ap support. Rod is so strong because it gives you a huge lane staying ability as well as tons of survivability coupled with AP. Archangels just gives mana and AP, albeit more of both than rod.
    Oh I probably should've separated my question better, I primarily meant for AP carry which pretty much is what I've been playing since level 1. But thanks for the heads up on supports, I was thinking of GP5 and AP. How's CD reduction on Janna? I'm very fond of Frozen Heart...

Oh I probably should've separated my question better, I primarily meant for AP carry which pretty much is what I've been playing since level 1. But thanks for the heads up on supports, I was thinking of GP5 and AP. How's CD reduction on Janna? I'm very fond of Frozen Heart...
    It's not an item I've seen a lot on Janna but against a heavy auto attack team I can def see it working.

AP Janna seems viable, especially after how reginald just played her in the first game of IEM finals, but beware of 10000000000 AP Janna's coming after that game.

---------- Post added 2011-08-21 at 01:52 PM ----------

Also, RIGHT after I buy Kog'maw's legendary skin he starts getting played in pro games. Inc nerf to Kog'maw, I am so sad.

Can Morgana easily kill somebody in early game?Because i had a Morgana who shat herself at the very idea of going anywhere other than the brush or tower, and didn't help me in the least bit.

Deleted
    Can Morgana easily kill somebody in early game?Because i had a Morgana who shat herself at the very idea of going anywhere other than the brush or tower, and didn't help me in the least bit.
    Before level 6, the only spell that actually hits hard is her dark binding, and it's pretty easy to dodge by just moving away or camping behind minions. She does have great harass though since if it hits, it also heals a bit of the harass she takes back.

So i had a bad Morgana lane with me, SPLENDID!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TyGuy25 View Post
    Pudge from Dota would like to have a word with any other games "skillshot" champions.
    So? Skillshot is still skillshot, no matter how you bend it ><

what a response, further exemplifying the utter trash in the LoL community.
    What a response, you didnt even say anything to counter what I just said so I win the arguement then, yeah? Since you are just running in circles with saying the same stuff over and over again means that you got nothing to counter with, right?
    ''Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack'' -Sun Tzu

Deleted
    with level two, a good starting item und ignite she can easily kill a squishy enemy with a little bit help from someone else. binding hit, dark soil, ignite, autoattacks and someone else hitting the enemy? dead in early levels