1. #30921
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    What I meant to say is that she isn't as dependent on auto attack as the other melee carries are like Tryn and Fiora.

    I legitimately laughed.
    At your service.

    But really, I believe the only reason she isn't played as a carry (the way Tryndamere is, say) is because she'd die too fast without doing much. In addition, her abilities, most notably her shield, all scale with attack damage, which means she relies most on that attribute to deal damage and absorb it. If you didn't need to worry about being killed, carry riven would be your only choice (maybe with a little cooldown reduction thrown in). The way it stands, you have to rely on your level-based attack speed increments to more quickly deliver your combos without wasting Runic Blade stacks.

  2. #30922
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelgius View Post
    Try saying that when playing against a Pantheon and getting all your autoattacks blocked. Let's see what your damage is.
    That's one champion out of 120 champions.

  3. #30923
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gamhacked View Post
    Confirmed. I play her with attack speed and crit.
    Being a carry has nothing to do with building AS and crit. It means a character that relies on items to do more and more consistent damage as the game goes on until it gets to the point where that champion is the biggest threat on a team. I think Riven is a good example of a successful melee carry and I don't know why Riot insists that they don't work.

  4. #30924
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    Being a carry has nothing to do with building AS and crit. It means a character that relies on items to do more and more consistent damage as the game goes on until it gets to the point where that champion is the biggest threat on a team. I think Riven is a good example of a successful melee carry and I don't know why Riot insists that they don't work.
    When you said 'Riven is a melee carry' I assumed you meant you built her the way you typically build ranged carries. If you instead mean what I've quoted, then I'm not sure which builds but those that allow her to 'carry' you can choose from - how else can you play Riven?

  5. #30925
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    That's one champion out of 120 champions.
    I mean that if you can't autohit, your damage is shit. (like with Pantheon)
    Which means that autoattacking on Riven is one hell of a big deal.

  6. #30926
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelgius View Post
    I mean that if you can't autohit, your damage is shit. (like with Pantheon)
    Which means that autoattacking on Riven is one hell of a big deal.
    Yes, I know that, but let's pretend that no one can auto attack. Riven would probably the one of the champions that would still deal quite the damage without the auto attacks.

    She is dependent on auto attacks yes, but her damage as a whole doesn't come from auto attacks only, not like Fiora(probably a bad example here) or Tryn atleast. That's what I'm trying to say.

  7. #30927
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Yes, I know that, but let's pretend that no one can auto attack. Riven would probably the one of the champions that would still deal quite the damage without the auto attacks.

    She is dependent on auto attacks yes, but her damage as a whole doesn't come from auto attacks only, not like Fiora(probably a bad example here) or Tryn atleast. That's what I'm trying to say.
    Sure she's not as autohit dependant as a pure autoattacker, but being an AD Carry doesn't mean you can only autohit. Ezreal uses mostly spells to deal damage and he's labelled "AD Carry" as well.

    Riven = Melee Ezreal if you look at it like that.

  8. #30928
    Titan Charge me Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Russia, Chelyabinsk (Tankograd)
    Posts
    13,757
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelgius View Post
    Sure she's not as autohit dependant as a pure autoattacker, but being an AD Carry doesn't mean you can only autohit. Ezreal uses mostly spells to deal damage and he's labelled "AD Carry" as well.

    Riven = Melee Ezreal if you look at it like that.
    She is too easy to shut down on lane (from my experience). And if she won't snowball - she ends being a useless bruiser who depends on her E to stay alive (if she builds no defense like health, armor, MR). I think her ult is very good in teamfights even if she builds full-tank (AoE version of Garens ult).
    Overall, i've seen her "carrying" the game when:
    1) Stackable health item still existed
    2) Enemy team health drops fast in start of teamfight, so she can 1-shot at least someone
    3) She gets fed on her line (which happens a lot less often than it was when i was leveling my account)
    4) No silence or disruption from enemy team (Alistar hurts her SO hard, she has no gap-closers outside of Q+E, and if she uses it to move the distance created by headbutt she loses big chunk of her damage)
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

  9. #30929
    Deleted
    You're forgetting that even if she's not fed, she brings a LOT of disruption to team fights for her team. A Riven engaging your back line from the side even when she's not fed is still pretty nasty.

  10. #30930
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    She is too easy to shut down on lane (from my experience)
    I wish that were the case in my experience. Every Riven I have ever played with wins her lane, whether ally or enemy (during the 250g red elixir era). Nowadays, I don't see her around much.


    Quote Originally Posted by Deylana View Post
    You're forgetting that even if she's not fed, she brings a LOT of disruption to team fights for her team. A Riven engaging your back line from the side even when she's not fed is still pretty nasty.
    If she isn't 'fed', she won't normally last long on the front line.

  11. #30931
    Deleted
    So, EUW down ... again?

  12. #30932
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    So, EUW down ... again?
    Don't think so, I'm in. Try a few times when it closes your client.

  13. #30933
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    So, EUW down ... again?
    Why are you acting surprised? It's EUW.

  14. #30934
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gamhacked View Post
    Don't think so, I'm in. Try a few times when it closes your client.
    Yeah apparently spamming it kinda helps .... for once.

  15. #30935
    The Lightbringer Muzual's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    足立さんの家に
    Posts
    3,097
    EUW hasn't had any problems for me yet this year lol, maybe I just missed the bad days

  16. #30936
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    EUW hasn't had any problems for me yet this year lol, maybe I just missed the bad days
    Lucky you.

    It's been crappy lately, atleast when trying to log in. Loads of errors.

  17. #30937
    Fuck the LP system. After i lost all three promo series games i got put at 48. Then i win two games and im back in fucking promo series. Stupid MMR... Why couldn't we just win/lose like 10 LP every time with 5 more or less depending on MMR etc?
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

  18. #30938
    Quote Originally Posted by Catanowplx View Post
    Fuck the LP system. After i lost all three promo series games i got put at 48. Then i win two games and im back in fucking promo series. Stupid MMR... Why couldn't we just win/lose like 10 LP every time with 5 more or less depending on MMR etc?
    Because then it'd take ages for players to reach their proper League / Division.

    Btw, why complain if you only had to win two games to make up for 3 losses?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

  19. #30939
    I am Murloc! Firebert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Colchester, land of the squaddies, UK
    Posts
    5,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Catanowplx View Post
    Fuck the LP system. After i lost all three promo series games i got put at 48. Then i win two games and im back in fucking promo series. Stupid MMR... Why couldn't we just win/lose like 10 LP every time with 5 more or less depending on MMR etc?
    Because your non-promo games are against players with much less MMR than you.

    Put the shoe on the other foot: would you be really disappointed if you only got 15 LP if you beat a team full of Diamond players (for example)?
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/1 | Mafia: 1/6/7 | TPR: 0.5/4.5/5
    SK: 0/1/1 | VT: 1.5/3.5/5 | Cult: 1/0/1

  20. #30940
    Deleted
    Anybody know how to disable that super annoying sound for champion select.

    I have no need for drums everytime I pick a champion.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •