10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    If you insist on getting a Mana Font(that's what the passive is called, right?)
    That's not the passive I'm after: it's the 12% mana on kill or assist means I can keep going through team fights.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    I'll fraps a Sona game when I get home for you all to laugh at, then, eh?
    With what purpose? To see your carrying potential at borderline Bronze games? I'm not one to brag since I'm at Silver 3, but making a video of it will prove nothing to support your theory in this case.

That's not the passive I'm after: it's the 12% mana on kill or assist means I can keep going through team fights.
    I thought Mikael's had that one as well, but after a quick google, I realize that is incorrect. No idea how you burn through so much mana in one fight, though.

Random note: why the hell is the 3rd suggestion when googling Mikaels Crucible "Mikael's Crucible Warwick"? Do enough people need to google whether it counters his ultimate that it gets ranked that high? Wasn't aware WW was a common enough pick for that :P
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Well, it's mostly a friend of mine who wants to try it. I guess it could work(stun and wall), but the mana costs are absolutely insane(as in, Q costs like 100 mana at rank 1, with the other spells only being slightly cheaper)
    I reckon she will mostly just fall off late game unless you get really fed in your lane phase. Could be fun if you're into playing Anivia, but that's about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Rampant Rabbit View Post
    With what purpose?
    So you can see where the mana's going.

I see you've started early with the laughing.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

So you can see where the mana's going.

I see you've started early with the laughing.
    Yeah, my bad. I shouldn't have been so presumptuous.

I dont really care where the mana is going. You should just start running Philo Stone, and get accustomed to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    p rude. Let him build what he wants, it's not like he's wasting stats. Athene's probably isn't the best choice but it fulfills his purpose so why the hell not?
    I just took notice of it since we were talking about supports and I remembered checking out his LoLking through his sig once.

I don't see how the last part was rude though, but I guess that's just me being too straightforward again. It's just not a great item to start off with, but whatever floats his boat of course.

Deleted
    Well, I personally find that just the regular Chalice of Harmony is more than enough (and a Locket/Aegis cheaper, to boot) to keep the mana flowing, even if I'm regularly using spells as Sona or Nami. Spamming is a bit iffy, I'll still run out of mana on Sona if I keep mashing QWE all the time, but just healing up poke (or poking myself) leaves me with more than enough mana. By extension, Mikael's Crucible is enough and also gives a nifty cleanse and heal for Ezreals who still think E'ing into the enemy team is a good idea.

I don't know how anyone can use that much mana.

I've never had to buy even a mana potion as a support. And the only mana regen I get is from Philo Stone. I don't even start with the mana regen item.

I'm not even managing my mana at all either. Maybe a little bit on Sona, but that's pretty much it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

Probably just the way I read it, I saw it as being completely dismissive of him and I often read posts towards Firebert in this way because he doesn't seem to get much other than flak from this forum >.< sorry

I probably wouldn't start with it either, but chalice/mikael's is always in my build. I got into building it because of the active and since I got used to having the mana font passive, I gradually became worse with spamming - so Philo doesn't cut it for me either anymore. I buy two mana pots per back before I build my Chalice (I get it after gp5)
    Yeah Mikael's is a really cool item. I always forget to build it though. It's like it doesn't exist for me.

Deleted
    If you're building Athene's because you're out of mana and philos isn't doing it, then you have to start managing your mana properly. As a support that is of course.

Wow just had a game when we managed to get nunu FP, thresh(me), TF with TP, shen with TP and cait. Gotta say enemy FP had big balls with those champ open to insta lock Irelia. Well game lasted whole 18 mins and was just brutal. Everything on map was ours due to TP and nunu got all the buffs. I felt sad for them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Rampant Rabbit View Post
    Yeah Mikael's is a really cool item. I always forget to build it though. It's like it doesn't exist for me.
    I only found it out like two weeks ago. I had no idea it existed before and it's passive is just awesome. Free cleanse with a small heal ftw.

Like I said, once you get used to the freedom of mana font it's really easy to fall into spamming. I do it constantly so now I require it
    Sounds like you should build a Tear to go with it!

oh god I don't like Tear :<
    I would actually like to build it if I ever go AP Soraka. I love spamming Starcall.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    I only found it out like two weeks ago. I had no idea it existed before and it's passive is just awesome. Free cleanse with a small heal ftw.
    And then you accidentally use it on yourself because of horrible mouse accuracy and smart+selfcast keybinds. That's what constantly happens to me. I should really go back to having just smartcast as base keybinds and then modifier selfcast. Keep messing up my ward jumps on Lee Sin and shields(and Kayle ultimates)
    But yes, Mikael's is really nice. Too bad supports already have so many on-use items that are really good(Locket and Shurelya's, to some extent Sightstone and in some situations Shard of True Ice)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

And then you accidentally use it on yourself because of horrible mouse accuracy and smart+selfcast keybinds. That's what constantly happens to me. I should really go back to having just smartcast as base keybinds and then modifier selfcast. Keep messing up my ward jumps on Lee Sin and shields(and Kayle ultimates)
    Rofl, I have the exact same problem. God I hate smart selfcast sometimes.

Deleted
    And then you accidentally use it on yourself because of horrible mouse accuracy and smart+selfcast keybinds.
    Actually, no. I thought it was only self use. So the first time I got it, I was like spamming it and like "THIS IS DOING NOTHING !! WHAT THE HELL!". Then I gave the tooltip another read and found out I could use it on anyone, and had to mouse hover someone of course..., and I was like "OP! ".
    I try to avoid Tear as much as I can, I generally dislike how the item is/works, I prefer chalice 99% of the time. I'll only build Tear on champions where it's expected that you build it, like Nidalee or something
    Lol.

I don't even build tears on Nid. I just buy Athene's all the time. MR + CDR + Mana Rege + AP = OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh god I don't like Tear :<
    I'm with Muzual on this, I'm not a fan of Tear of the Goddess either. I only really use it for Manamune/Muramana and as it doesn't stack from attacks on its own it kinda forces me to rush it.

Plus Vlad is my chosen ranked AP and I've not had the forethought to get it on Ashe yet. :3
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

The worst part was delaying it as long as possible (it used to heal on % of missing health, not total) to maximise the heal, then your target dying

or getting a last second ignite thus making the heal pretty useless
    I do that all the time with Kayle ultimate. Want to save it so it basically becomes a targetted Tryndamere ultimate, and then my intended target gets bursted and I have a fancy golden bubble around me at the back of the teamfight.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU