Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    Why would you need an AA reset on Jarvan who hits like a wet sock?

I'd rather boost his damage and give him sustain to complement his durability instead of adding waveclear he doesn't need.
    The first hit doesn't :P But yeah, you're right. An autoattack reset isn't really necessary when your damage comes from Q/E/R/passive.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    I just found the ultimate ringtone (or text msg tone, haven't decided yet...)

Gentleman Cho'gath's: "Oh bother."
    Oh, you saw that thread too? I just listened through all of Nunu Bot, Xerath, Viktor and some of Battlecast Prime Cho'gath's quotes. Xerath's sound so much more badass as just the soundfile than they do in game. Not sure why, I guess they just feel like there's more power behind them when it's just the quote.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Also, totally unrelated and I'm asking this since I don't understand quite well what it says on the wiki:

It's about MR/armor and magic pen/armor pen.

So, this champion has X MR and because of my magic pen he has now 0 MR. Let's pretend X ability does 200 AP damage on a target with 0 MR but the enemy's MR is instead - 10. Is the damage still 200 AP damage or does it increase?

If it increases/doesn't increase, does this applies to armor and armor pen?
    The only thing that can move MR/armor into negative is REDUCTION, like on Abyssal Scepter. Penetration/%ignore can't. As far as I know you get damage amplification if you get them below 0 MR.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    I think the only way to make it go below 0 is to get something with Magic reduction, not penetration. This is stuff like Fiddlesticks/Amumu passive. Not sure if the game still works like that though.
    I totally forgot there's magic reduction and magic penetration...

So, again, I pose my question: enemy has 10 MR and I have 20 magic reduction; will he receive extra damage from AP when he goes bellow 0 MR or not? If he does, does it apply with armor reduction too?
    Tiamat's active doesn't have a target. You can use it when you're near nothing. Anything close to you will get hit by it. I don't know how you came to the conclusion that the active did 0 damage to your current target.
    So the on use is an aoe? You click it and it does aoe damage without the need of an AA or any other ability?

If it's not that, I'm really not understanding its on use...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    Oh, you saw that thread too? I just listened through all of Nunu Bot, Xerath, Viktor and some of Battlecast Prime Cho'gath's quotes. Xerath's sound so much more badass as just the soundfile than they do in game. Not sure why, I guess they just feel like there's more power behind them when it's just the quote.

- - - Updated - - -

The only thing that can move MR/armor into negative is REDUCTION, like on Abyssal Scepter. Penetration/%ignore can't. As far as I know you get damage amplification if you get them below 0 MR.
    any chance for a link to that thread?

10+ Year Old Account
    So the on use is an aoe? You click it and it does aoe damage without the need of an AA or any other ability?
    yes that is the case

It's not YOUR champion's current spot. It's the champion's you are attacking. So no, the passive and its on use does nothing to the champion you are currently attacking, only to the surrounding enemies.
    The passive is the on-hit AoE, the on-use is an AoE with you at the center and a short cast time.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Q procs Lizard Elder, and with this build you can completely waveclear by proper lining up Q on a minion wave as well. True damage feels really good top lane because mostly people will be running armor, and be ranged. j4 is really really good at poking with it and it's cheap and gives perfect stats that he can use. I don't see the point in tiamat, nor hydra.
    Last edited by Acry; 2013-07-08 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gegalfo View Post
    any chance for a link to that thread?
    The thread and a list of all the champion quote pages.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2013-07-08 at 06:14 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    thanks, first link doesnt work though(didnt for me)

Quote Originally Posted by gegalfo View Post
    thanks, first link doesnt work though(didnt for me)
    Should be fixed now. Managed to copy the url for a thread that doesn't exist, somehow.(not fixed in your quote, though, because you quoted the original post. Just pointing it out to avoid confusion)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    How do you get the sound files to your computer though?

How do you get the sound files to your computer though?
    Right click on the link, save the file wherever you want. Might need to convert it to something that isn't .ogg, though.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Tiamat/Hydra aren't even all that great of items. Most melee champs, like Jarvan, don't need help with wave clear, those that do would be better with a Static Shiv, and BT is all around better for sustain and damage. The only time Hydra beats BT is on heavy AA champs, which J4 is not one of, and the whole enemy team is stacked right on top of each other so thy all get hit by the active. Very lackluster item.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelgius View Post
    http://www.lolking.net/summoner/eune/27535742
    Runes tab: JarVi 4 Victory
    Masteries tab: Solo (T)op Jarvan

Q E Q E Q R Q W Q E R E E W W R W W
    Quick question. Why not go 21/9 /0 instead of 9/21/0? you say you play as a burster, but wouldn't it be better to go for the 21 in the offensive tree, or is the defensives deadly needed to even stay alive?

*Note, i havent read the 2 new pages that was posted during my bath, so if any of this was explained, i didnt read.*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acry View Post
    Q procs Lizard Elder, and with this build you can completely waveclear by proper lining up Q on a minion wave as well. True damage feels really good top lane because mostly people will be running armor, and be ranged. j4 is really really good at poking with it and it's cheap and gives perfect stats that he can use. I don't see the point in tiamat, nor hydra.
    I've tried doing it without Lizard Elder after they nerfed it, but it doesn't feel the same as when I do build it. Once you get Brutalizer and Lizard Elder you just feel like a beast.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBro View Post
    Quick question. Why not go 21/9 /0 instead of 9/21/0? you say you play as a burster, but wouldn't it be better to go for the 21 in the offensive tree, or is the defensives deadly needed to even stay alive?

*Note, i havent read the 2 new pages that was posted during my bath, so if any of this was explained, i didnt read.*
    I go 9/21 because the defensive tree is just better overall than the offensive tree. And it helps out way more than the offensive masteries do. (You can build offensive because of the defensive masteries making you bulky from the get-go)

Deleted
    I don't even build BT because you don't need sustain on Jarvan.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're really misjudging things if you think Hydra is a lackluster item compared to BT on somebody like Jarvan.

Lets take a close look at the main difference between items. BT has the 25 AD going for it at full stacks while Hydra offers the active.

Now lets take a look at how each works for Jarvan's big burst combo which is going to be considered E+Q+AA+R.

25 AD from BT adds about 92 damage to that combo. Hydra's active deals 100% AD to the target he is bursting. So it's impossible for BT to offer better burst for Jarvan than Hydra. Hydra's build path also offers you better power spikes in lane than building BT because you get that active with just getting Tiamat. While the spikes you get from BT is only when you get the BF sword and when you actually buy BT you need to stack it up before it's a good item. Also Tiamat offers better build paths for when you don't go back with 1.5k gold compared to BT where it's 1.5k or gtfo for that BF sword.

You're overrating BT and not giving Hydra proper credit.
    The Active isn't bonus damage on your AA though. It's like you gave Jarvan another spell with no base damage but 1.0 AD scaling. BT adds damage to all his spells with AD scaling and his AA. Sure, it has a better build path, but Zelly even said BT is a luxury item. I would stick Hydra into the same category, since if your couldn't kill someone with a BT because your so far behind, you won't kill them with Hydra either. I read a great article on RoG a while ago that compared the two. The author called Hydra a "win more" item. By itself it won't help you win, but if your fed enough it will keep your lead and help you "win more".

Jarvan is a bruiser, that makes him an AD Caster. AD Casters will always scale better with Pure AD than an item that provides an AA reset.

EDIT: Found the post. It's a good read. http://www.reignofgaming.net/blogs/a...h-tiamat-bonus
    Last edited by Axethor; 2013-07-08 at 06:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hydra has one major flaw: it's freaking expensive and has a very expensive build up which does nothing for you in the meanwhile.

It's okay for someone like Trundle or Wukong when split pushing, but even then....

Deleted
    If you're top lane Jarvan then yes you would start building tanky if you were struggling in lane.
    Building tank when you're behind doesn't help for shit. Building damage means you get the opportunity to grab some kills which can get you back into a winning position.

Deleted
    A tank that falls behind is still useful. A damage dealer that falls behind is a lot weaker.
    A tank that falls behind is only useful when the other team members did well. It's safe to assume that in most of the games your laners will lose/be even so building tank won't do any good.
    If your bot lane is rocking 10-0 Draven sure go ahead and tank, but if it's 2-2 Ezreal you might as well build damage.