I've decided to ban out Yi in every ranked game I can now. Not because I don't know how to deal with him, but I can't trust my team to know how.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CM Punk View Post
    I've had no problems with it personally. Granted I've played very sporadically over the last few days. Is it a consistent thing again? I've seen no login queues or heard any of my friends complain. Sure it wasn't just a server hiccup?
    It probably was a server hiccup, But it annoyed me to no end though. As it caused me to lose the game with no loss forgiven. It was going on for about 20 to 30 minutes. So yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sivalion View Post
    BOTRK > Ghostblade > IE > PD > BT > Zerkers/Zephyr

2 shot enemy carries gg
    SS instead. Q ramps up the shiv a lot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LaReine View Post
    Tyvm!! Seem like very good suggestions. Are you ranked? You seem like you are.

- - - Updated - - -

It's ridiculous how my brother is on Yi. He just started playing and in week 2 of playing he was dominating on Yi his 2nd day buying him. Makes my Kass look like a little kid.
    Yi is currently (like Riot says) a pubstomper in low elo, and mediocre in high elo. As in, better people know how to handle him.
    I won a game with Yi simply by constantly pushing a lane while they were off chasing others, and only sending 1 back wasn't enough as Yi is an extreme dueller now.

Also, the "thing" with LoL is: a lot of people know a lot of things, but can't necessarily apply them. Look at analysts/casters, they know a lot about the game, but not all of them are good at it. I myself don't play ranked, mostly normals, and do fairly well. But with a lot of games, including WoW, I have a lot of theoretical knowledge. Except with WoW I was a lot better at putting it to practice

Not saying CM Punk isn't ranked (I have no idea) just that you can know what to do without actually being able to do it (very well) in the game

My input on Nidalee is: AD is mostly dead with the nerfs to her cougar form, AP is still VERY strong. You play AP Nidalee by sieging the enemy with your long range spears (the further away, the more damage) as they can do up to ~70% of a carries HP if you get slightly ahead. And your catform is for kiting/assassinating, as you will be too squishy to go in close. You would win games by poking your enemy down BEFORE engaging, so this might be tricky on lower levels of play as they are always very eager to jump in

SS for sure, using Q (i dont have exact numbers) is like halfway to complete charge.

I have been rushing BT or IE (depending on how fed) before BoTRK because of how hard he scales with AD.

I have had games where I got a kill or two early, got an IE- and when the first team fight rolled around I alpha'd and killed their ADC and alpha'd again for a quadra.

Absurd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomcats View Post
    SS for sure, using Q (i dont have exact numbers) is like halfway to complete charge.

I have been rushing BT or IE (depending on how fed) before BoTRK because of how hard he scales with AD.

I have had games where I got a kill or two early, got an IE- and when the first team fight rolled around I alpha'd and killed their ADC and alpha'd again for a quadra.

Absurd.
    There was a post on REddit not too long ago going over the theory in damage between BT and BotRK, also IE and SotD and some others. In the end, BT (and IE to some extent) seemed like the weaker choices.

Also, I might be doing my promotional matches soon (at long last). What happens if I dodge here?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hybr1d View Post
    Also, I might be doing my promotional matches soon (at long last). What happens if I dodge here?
    If you dodge in a promo then it's counted as a loss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Get CC'ed once, die.
    Who cares I just 2 shot your adc.

There was a post on REddit not too long ago going over the theory in damage between BT and BotRK, also IE and SotD and some others. In the end, BT (and IE to some extent) seemed like the weaker choices.

Yeah here is the article:
    http://leagueoflegendramble.wordpres...2013/08/03/95/

In theory AA'ing constantly BoTRK is a higher DPS, with a cheap cost. Problem is I play mostly Silver 1, bottom of the barrel gold kids that will CC me if I try to get in and AA. So I have been going the IE, SS, SotD crit build where with ult, I can rip 2-3 alpha's in a row.

Basically I have fiora's ult that I can spam as long as I time it right, and I'm GOING to kill at least 2 squishies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thing is, BoRK can be built in increments which are very cheap. The most expensive part is 1k for the final combine cost. Saving up for a BF sword may well set you back too much, especially in a losing lane.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    If you dodge in a promo then it's counted as a loss.
    Oh sorry I meant placement matches (first 10) Any idea how these work?

Deleted
    Oh sorry I meant placement matches (first 10) Any idea how these work?
    Leaving is a loss, dodging is not but it lowers your placement by a small amount.

Deleted
    Where can I find pro plays picks/bans list? Or champ 'tiers'?

10+ Year Old Account
    Check the LCS thread, Mionelol linked the pick/bans for the LCS for the last 2 seasons in there.

Deleted
    I want recent ones, from s3. I've heard that Nami is pretty popular now.

Deleted
    Reign of Gaming does a tier list, whether its applicable to LCS I don't know, but Elementz used to be an LCS pro, so try there I guess

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    Well there might be some threads that have those lists, I'm pretty sure there are threads on teamliquid.net that link you to liquipedia (or leaguepedia, not sure in which of those wikis it is) which should have the picks (and maybe bans) of most LCS games.

Regarding Nami, I'd say she's pretty much the second most played support right now, only Thresh is even more contested. Besides Nami and Thresh, there is only Zyra, some Sona and a couple of Fiddlesticks games I think. Most other supports are barely, if ever, played.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    Those are Season3.

Quote Originally Posted by Elendoil View Post
    Well there might be some threads that have those lists, I'm pretty sure there are threads on teamliquid.net that link you to liquipedia (or leaguepedia, not sure in which of those wikis it is) which should have the picks (and maybe bans) of most LCS games.

Regarding Nami, I'd say she's pretty much the second most played support right now, only Thresh is even more contested. Besides Nami and Thresh, there is only Zyra, some Sona and a couple of Fiddlesticks games I think. Most other supports are barely, if ever, played.
    Why is Soraka never played? I know her heal is a long CD, but it can go down to 12 sec CD with enough CDR and her nearly spammable Q is a great way to lower waves for your adc. Not to mention, the free harass silence or mana for your adc

Deleted
    Because she brings no proper CC and pretty much no damage.