15+ Year Old Account
    Looking for a very competitive champion. Played a lot of squishy, but I have enough of that, so no more squishy.. However, I really dislike tanks. Though range is fine, I'm looking for something a bit different. Thinking about Pantheon or Poppy, though other champions are welcome as well. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravasha View Post
    Looking for a very competitive champion. Played a lot of squishy, but I have enough of that, so no more squishy.. However, I really dislike tanks. Though range is fine, I'm looking for something a bit different. Thinking about Pantheon or Poppy, though other champions are welcome as well. Any ideas?
    Try Nidalee. Has many different uses (now dps too), is not that squishy, is a little complex to play but once you get the mechanics down she's fine, and she's extremely fast paced, probably one (if not) the fastest-paced character in the whole league. She can dish out quite a lot of damage and change the tides of a game. Poppy is good too.

Deleted

For some reason Renekton is used a lot in ranked games, even though there are better champions, but his damage can be overwhelming when fed, combined with his tankiness. Whenever I'm fed with Renekton, the game is pretty much GG. He is however hands down the funnest champion in the game. He and Nasus are my mains. Kassadin is beyond awesome, even though he is squishy. If you know how to play him, you will barely die in games. If you want another fun tanky guy to play, try Jarvan. He has a lot of CC's, and he is my 4'th fav champion. If you want a jungler, get Warwick asap.

Poppy is used a lot, and I'd ban her in every game. Her ultimate and her passive are the most OP things in the game :/ .
    Last edited by mmoc0f233d9eb1; 2011-08-29 at 09:10 PM.

Haha so I was playing with a couple of friends and one of them had 10-0 with annie and well... This happend

I did laugh, ALOT. I also did a full game I wanna upload but dunno how that works with lol replay, just post it on media fire or? Basicly me and 4 friends all at around 1.3k rating faced a 1.6k rating team in normal. We won, it was an epic game

edit: Ok the quality should be better. Think youtube is processing it still so watch it later on for better quality But you can still see what happends
    Last edited by Kakuzo; 2011-08-29 at 09:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Brand and Malzahar are the top two mages of the league. Gragas is pretty solid too.

Tanky dps are generally pretty successful - Xin Zhao, Poppy, Irelia. I've recently been playing a lot of Garen, he's just great against passive players or ones with low run speed.

Jarvan is a good champ too, great to lane with another disabler dps. Rene is pretty fine but sux against teams with lots of disables or escape spells.

I'm generally more into melees so there you go...
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

Power outages. Not. Fun. Neither are Earthquakes, electrical fires, and tropical storms. Of those, Power outages have been the most grueling.

Let's get on topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Celltrex View Post
    For some reason Renekton is used a lot in ranked games, even though there are better champions, but his damage can be overwhelming when fed, combined with his tankiness. Whenever I'm fed with Renekton, the game is pretty much GG. He is however hands down the funnest champion in the game. He and Nasus are my mains. Kassadin is beyond awesome, even though he is squishy. If you know how to play him, you will barely die in games. If you want another fun tanky guy to play, try Jarvan. He has a lot of CC's, and he is my 4'th fav champion. If you want a jungler, get Warwick asap.

Poppy is used a lot, and I'd ban her in every game. Her ultimate and her passive are the most OP things in the game :/ .
    Champions vary from time to time, and despite getting better at calling where Champions can be placed (and me personally liking his opinions) Elementz Tier lists should be taken with a grain of salt in most cases for one reason alone: They often tend to miss champions that are and can do VERY well until it's too late (Nidalee, and before that Sivir and Anivia before they were nerfed). With that said, all the suggestions made were good and I support a lot of what was said.

Lee Sin is also a good pick at the moment in the same vein as Renekton due to being fun and a monster in the right hands., and (if my memory is correct) Nocturne is also a viable pic, due to his versatility.

Quote Originally Posted by zealous View Post
    Brand and Malzahar are the top two mages of the league. Gragas is pretty solid too.

Tanky dps are generally pretty successful - Xin Zhao, Poppy, Irelia. I've recently been playing a lot of Garen, he's just great against passive players or ones with low run speed.

Jarvan is a good champ too, great to lane with another disabler dps. Rene is pretty fine but sux against teams with lots of disables or escape spells.

I'm generally more into melees so there you go...
    Oh hai Zealous. Welcome to the he...clan.

Another pic that is, sometimes, overlooked is Swain in terms of good mages. Even with the recent nerfs he's a tanky mage who great in all forms of the game and has a great toolset to use. He's like a mage version of Leblarvan.
    Last edited by Typhron; 2011-08-29 at 09:51 PM.

How should I build Teemo in order?

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    How should I build Teemo in order?
    AP or AD? Alot of different things there :P

Deleted
    Mygod, just played a game with Janna and immediately knew why I loved her so much. She is such a damn good support. Loved how this guy in champ selection said "Pff, I have never seen a good Janna." and half into the game eh suddenly says "I love Janna!" because I saved his ass from a jungle Xin constantly slowing him, tornado'ing him and shielding the guy.

Ow how I totally fucked up the other team in teamfights. I guess I'll go back to Janna for a while.

Deleted
    holy shit, why is there no "rewind" in lolreplay? I'm trying to record things but.. it's tooo much... (over 40 matches)

been playing alot of tryndamere lately, my gooooooooooood. if i manage to play properly and farm i will destroy their team xD
    i think its silly they buffed him, he deffo did NOT need it ^^

Question: does he get banned in ranked? havent played yet so i have no idea.
    Asrock Extreme 6 Rev B3 | Core i5-2500k@4.6ghz | 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance | Corsair HX1050W | Intel SSD 510 120gb | 5TB storage space | Gigabyte GTX 580 SLI

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhron View Post
    snip
    Hai!

Nidalee is a great champ, you just have to remember that she's not really an "assassin" per se, she can pick up kills in cat but you mostly shouldn't duel other melees or disabler mages. Her spear creates real paranoia in late game, hits squishies for 50-70% health at max distance.

Lee Sin isn't easy to play because w/o landing Q you suck and using his ulti right isn't easy too (I've found that the best way is to mostly kick sideways into walls because against smart enemies you can almost never get in front).

Rene is solid but can be disabled soooo easily and has some hard counters. Otherwise pretty nice.

As to Swain, the problem people mostly have with him is this I think: after playing other mages they expect to combo somebody to death in 3-4 spells, while swain is more of a "wear your enemy down and disable them for your team while staying alive under ult".

People also overestimate his ult sometimes thinking it's godmode =)

---------- Post added 2011-08-29 at 10:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlycaster View Post
    I heard that mostly - not. With the current meta, he gets outzoned/disabled very easily. Don't take my word for it though, it's mostly what I've read from ranked players' posts on LoL forums.
    Last edited by zealous; 2011-08-29 at 10:37 PM.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Zealous
    I heard that mostly - not. With the current meta, he gets outzoned/disabled very easily. Don't take my word for it though, it's mostly what I've read from ranked players' posts on LoL forums.
    aha i see, yeah thats kinda what i suspected aswell cause in normal games people are mostly idiots. avoiding and letting me farm etc
    Asrock Extreme 6 Rev B3 | Core i5-2500k@4.6ghz | 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance | Corsair HX1050W | Intel SSD 510 120gb | 5TB storage space | Gigabyte GTX 580 SLI

10+ Year Old Account
    aha i see, yeah thats kinda what i suspected aswell cause in normal games people are mostly idiots. avoiding and letting me farm etc
    It's a simple scenario. Current "ideal" metagame is:

1. Jungler.
    2. Top - Solo tanky dps or mage.
    3. Mid - Ranged carry or mage.
    4. Bot - Ranged carry and support.

Trynd can't do crap against any of those lane setups.

Go solo top? Can't kill the tanky dps, he'll just farm safely and not try to duel. While the jungler might come to own your ass.
    Go Mid? Most carries/mages are much better there.
    Go bot? Ranged support/ranged carry will harass you so much you won't be able to farm or stack fury.

And an unfed Trynd is a Trynd that has already failed.

Most of my thinking here is based on watching championships/high rank games, so I can't really call myself an expert.

In low elo however (0-1400) you can still try to play Trynd because I think there are plenty of stupid people there too, just like in normals.

Quote Originally Posted by zealous View Post
    It's a simple scenario. Current "ideal" metagame is:

1. Jungler.
    2. Top - Solo tanky dps or mage.
    3. Mid - Ranged carry or mage.
    4. Bot - Ranged carry and support.

Trynd can't do crap against any of those lane setups.

Go solo top? Can't kill the tanky dps, he'll just farm safely and not try to duel. While the jungler might come to own your ass.
    Go Mid? Most carries/mages are much better there.
    Go bot? Ranged support/ranged carry will harass you so much you won't be able to farm or stack fury.

And an unfed Trynd is a Trynd that has already failed.

Most of my thinking here is based on watching championships/high rank games, so I can't really call myself an expert.

In low elo however (0-1400) you can still try to play Trynd because I think there are plenty of stupid people there too, just like in normals.
    Cool, thanks for your input man=)

Do you (or anyone else) have any suggestions on what I should play instead of Trynda?
    Got so many nice crit chance/crit damage runes on him now :/

10+ Year Old Account

Do you (or anyone else) have any suggestions on what I should play instead of Trynda?
    Sadly, I really don't know any top or mid tier champs that use crit runes. That doesn't mean there aren't any. I just don't know em. =)

If you want a melee dps for ranked you'll have to try one of the tanky ones I think (most of the "fighters" and some of the "assassins") - Garen, Irelia, Jarvan, Jax, Lee Sin (harder than average), Morde (boring as hell but very powerful), Nocturne (not sure if played in ranked though...), Olaf (if you are good at jungling/ganking), Renekton, Sion (mostly AP in ranked though I think), Udyr (imba jungler, though has been nerfed recently I think), Warwick, Wukong, Xin Zhao.

Thing is, after having written that out I don't see any champions that really go well with crit runes, most use arpen for offense... maybe some of the ranged carries?

I really don't know. Maybe some one else can help you here.

Deleted
    been playing alot of tryndamere lately, my gooooooooooood. if i manage to play properly and farm i will destroy their team xD
    i think its silly they buffed him, he deffo did NOT need it ^^

never saw him banned (from beginning to 1520 where I am now). But also never really saw anyone playing him in ranked. But well, you could try it out sure (as jungle or something probably...)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hotdothot View Post
    never saw him banned (from beginning to 1520 where I am now). But also never really saw anyone playing him in ranked. But well, you could try it out sure (as jungle or something probably...)
    And be owned by 80% of the ranked junglers or end up wasting flash and being denied your own monster buffs? =)

Sadly for ranked and fortunately for normal, Trynd can't hold a candle to the common-pick ranked game junglers.

If you have all those runes and want to play a Champ that is quite viable in ranked grab Gangplank, although goodluck being able to play him in ranked, he is banned a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    41-6-11 as Akali in a normal game.

Really funny. R-Q-E = dead Ashe