Deleted
    won't help much when i'm almost dead by lvl 2

everytime i get against a swain as fizz they just don't care about minions and go all out on me so i have to back off else i will die

Quote Originally Posted by agnow View Post
    viktor isn't that good and whatever else i try just lose because of his ult heal and idk..
    What? Viktor not that good? You are kidding right? Viktor is probably one of the stronger Ap's. He is just INCREDIBLE underplayed.

Q's for early harass/last hit you will otherwise miss. W for kill setup / slow ganker / split a complete team (build up Crescendo) E for nice poking / wave clear / just killing and R for just complete and utter destruction. AoE Silence? Yes please.

How to kill Swain as Viktor (both lvl 6);
    R>E>W>Q>E Boom, drop ignite for overkill.
    Silence will stop Swain from popping his ult, E for the early DoT, W for the slow and stun build up, Q for the shield and damage and finish with E.
    Also possible to swam R>E>W into R>W>E for the silence>stun. Especially with your jungler gank Swain has no chance
    Last edited by Kaj392; 2013-09-15 at 11:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

Deleted
    how to play against viktor as swain

dodge spells.. oh wow.. such hard such wow also having to rely on your jungler won't help much, since half of them never gank

just getting mad now because i have a huse losing spree right now.. i keep getting retarded premades at bot who play retarded supps and adc combo

that moment when i've won 1 ranked game out of my last 12 ..
    Last edited by mmocc06943eaac; 2013-09-16 at 12:44 AM.

It's the same as against Swain so i don't know what your talking about xD
    Dodge spells, thats why you gotta predict were somebody is going to when they try to dodge it.

If your jungler doesn't gank, ask nicely. Simple as that.

Stop playing ranked for a week and go play some normals. Helps me always

Deleted
    because normal has less trolls and people derping around because "it's just normal"

just lost another two... my mmr is super crappy now.. being gold 3 and getting teamed with silver 1 and silver 2 now

i'm just gonna give up on even trying to get plat now.. this losestreak prob just destroyed all my chances at trying to make it
    Last edited by mmocc06943eaac; 2013-09-16 at 01:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaj392 View Post
    What? Viktor not that good? You are kidding right? Viktor is probably one of the stronger Ap's. He is just INCREDIBLE underplayed.

Q's for early harass/last hit you will otherwise miss. W for kill setup / slow ganker / split a complete team (build up Crescendo) E for nice poking / wave clear / just killing and R for just complete and utter destruction. AoE Silence? Yes please.

How to kill Swain as Viktor (both lvl 6);
    R>E>W>Q>E Boom, drop ignite for overkill.
    Silence will stop Swain from popping his ult, E for the early DoT, W for the slow and stun build up, Q for the shield and damage and finish with E.
    Also possible to swam R>E>W into R>W>E for the silence>stun. Especially with your jungler gank Swain has no chance
    Lol.
    The only thing Viktor is good for is AoE stun. But its range is so small that you will be killed if you try to pop it up on enemy.
    Good way to play Viktor is ignore his stupid laser beam because you won't be able to land it on max range on decent players (landing it on "click" range gives you 100% accuracy but enemy will shove couple of spells up your ass). Also, death ray deals less damage that power transfer, and power transfer gives you abbility to wil trades on lane 100% of the time and spit on enemy jungler ganks and survive tower dives. Augment on stun field gives you important stats like mana (he is VERY mana hungry if you get advantage of power transfer) and very important stat - CDR. With power transfer maxed you have 5 seconds CD on it. With blue and augment you have 30% CDR making CD on power transfer around 3.5 seconds iirc. Stun field with increased range allows you to gank people and initiate teamfights, AND to land 100%-0% on enemy

After all good things i remembered from playing Viktor, i still feel that he is not good champion to play. He is countered by almost anything. His damage output is not enough outside of ult. His E poke is way too easy to dodge (at max range). If you don't max Q first you will lose trades. If you try to catch enemy with your E, you will run out of mana and will be killed. He has good AoE damage potential if your team fights in choke points, but if fight goes on open field, you won't hit more than two targets with your E+ult. You won't be able to use W on enemy adc to force him top run or stun (without augment).

If you want to win games as Viktor, you need to determine what enemy you are against: if he has long-range poke (ziggs, lux, karma, zyra) you need to max out E first and hit enemy when he approaches creeps. Keep enemy at low health so he won't all-in you.
    If he is mid(close) range character (morde, swain, fizz, zed, j4, panth) you max Q first and use it on enemy when he closes-up to harass you. Shield will help you to be up on health, ranged attack allows you to farm, melee enemy will eat stun field and will get killed if he tries to engage you at full health.

The main problem of Viktor is in his very low mobility and no defense, he is much like le blank but without escape tool. He has good damage potential but he is very easy target to pick off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I was gonna start my conquest for Gold V today after going from 75 LP to 0 LP in Silver I last week but....

I'm afraid of all the bad Corkis, Vis and Ahris I'm about to see

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenfinn View Post
    I was gonna start my conquest for Gold V today after going from 75 LP to 0 LP in Silver I last week but....

I'm afraid of all the bad Corkis, Vis and Ahris I'm about to see
    ALL THE CORKIS.

It's 100% pick/ban today at worlds. This is absurd.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    ALL THE CORKIS.

It's 100% pick/ban today at worlds. This is absurd.
    If I happen to get first-pick I'm gonna ban him just in case, lol.

I'd rather deal with a Fizz/Kassadin/Vayne than have a clueless Corki in my team.

EDIT: Also, now everyone will flame me for picking Zyra support (my 2nd main) since it got played quite a bit last night
    Last edited by Drunkenfinn; 2013-09-16 at 06:26 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sarasun View Post
    That duo between J4 and Syndra, lol

Your MMR seems pretty high for silver 2.
    Yeah, that Jarvan did some funky plays (weird choices for his banner). Syndra owned me in lane though, even though we went 1/1 for the duration, his CS was MILES ahead of mine eventually. You know, LCS level where they just suddenly have 200 cs (as it looks to me). Luckily, our Graves was really good too and essentially carried us with our combined ultimates to help him survive Syndra. She had stuns that hit our entire team at times...

And yes, I only play normals, so my MMR is pretty high. I'm trying to get into ranked, but as I'm used to an average of platinum players in my normal games now, playing in silver is a little too much hit or miss for me. Do you get the Silver like me or my friend, who have ~500 normal games, positive W/L and K/D/A, or the guy who hit level 30, got carried in placement and sucks balls (to give some extremes).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hybr1d View Post
    And yes, I only play normals, so my MMR is pretty high. I'm trying to get into ranked, but as I'm used to an average of platinum players in my normal games now, playing in silver is a little too much hit or miss for me. Do you get the Silver like me or my friend, who have ~500 normal games, positive W/L and K/D/A, or the guy who hit level 30, got carried in placement and sucks balls (to give some extremes).
    I hate it when fresh 30s que for ranked.

I played like 100 normals as a lvl30, got 10 runepages with most of the essential runes and bought a lot of champs before even attempting to que myself. And thanks to that I got placed to Silver and managed to avoid the Bronze-struggle :P Hopefully I'll hit Gold V before the season ends... I was at 75 LP in Silver I but tanked back to 0 LP with 5 losses in a row (3 of them being due to AFKers).

First time playing Cass and I did really well. She's an absurdly easy farmer, has great harass and is incredibly teamfight oriented. Why isn't she picked a lot?

Deleted
    First time playing Cass and I did really well. She's an absurdly easy farmer, has great harass and is incredibly teamfight oriented. Why isn't she picked a lot?
    She's a fairly high skill level champion with a buggy ult that is basically a weak version of Sonas. The current meta trends towards spike damage, and she's a glass cannon slow/kite champ. She just has less damage, less survivability and less utility than many other mids - so people don't pick her. That being said, if you enjoy playing her in normals then play her. If you're amazing at her you can probably pull her off in ranked... just don't expect to see her at pro play until she gets some tweaks.

Riot have said fairly recently they are aware that she has some problems right now and are looking at her for the future.

At low level play most people will never have seen a cass due to the above, and it's possible you can steamroll them just by them standing in your stuff... it'll be a lot harder later on when you're facing a team that knows how to deal with her quickly.

she has great harass....until you get ganked by counter harrass jungler like J4/Zac

so only thing u can rely is flash or some sort of support disenage

i personally thinks she is a great pick but just needs bit of coordination with ur teammate (hence not so friendly on solo Q)
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    She's a fairly high skill level champion with a buggy ult that is basically a weak version of Sonas. The current meta trends towards spike damage, and she's a glass cannon slow/kite champ. She just has less damage, less survivability and less utility than many other mids - so people don't pick her. That being said, if you enjoy playing her in normals then play her. If you're amazing at her you can probably pull her off in ranked... just don't expect to see her at pro play until she gets some tweaks.

Riot have said fairly recently they are aware that she has some problems right now and are looking at her for the future.

At low level play most people will never have seen a cass due to the above, and it's possible you can steamroll them just by them standing in your stuff... it'll be a lot harder later on when you're facing a team that knows how to deal with her quickly.
    Her ult seemed buggy, but in favor of the stun to me. I was chasing a Yi and saw Teemo come behind him and before Yi really turned around, I ulted and got them both and an easy double kill.

Also, I like her Q better than Karthus'

Deleted
    Her ult seemed buggy, but in favor of the stun to me. I was chasing a Yi and saw Teemo come behind him and before Yi really turned around, I ulted and got them both and an easy double kill.

Yeah, riot have said that she has some "technical problems", and it's hard to predict when her ult will bug and when it'll use correctly - you can imagine that can lead to very frustrating problems at competitive levels, the last thing you want is to lose due to bugs.

her Q is bit annoying that if i q outside her range she wont cast it should change it to like karthus :/
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    her Q is bit annoying that if i q outside her range she wont cast it should change it to like karthus :/
    I always have that problem lol. I can never do it right and will sometimes cast outside of her rang.

Hate it.

That's why I think that Karthu's Q thing is a huge buff and would be good if other champions could get that too.

Deleted
    I finally completed my anivia experience by playing her in last 2 roles, ADC Anivia and Jungle Anivia.

Won both, I didn't carry any of them but I had positive kda in both. Fun experience all around, although, I have to say this, adc anivia when she gets couple of attack speed items looks just wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenfinn View Post
    I hate it when fresh 30s que for ranked.

I played like 100 normals as a lvl30, got 10 runepages with most of the essential runes and bought a lot of champs before even attempting to que myself. And thanks to that I got placed to Silver and managed to avoid the Bronze-struggle :P Hopefully I'll hit Gold V before the season ends... I was at 75 LP in Silver I but tanked back to 0 LP with 5 losses in a row (3 of them being due to AFKers).
    10 runepages with essential runes? I'd say 5 is more than enough, anything past that point is overkill, and you should draw your focus away from it and toward improving actual play. I'm not saying some niche rune pages won't have benefits at all, but they won't be the dealbreakers whether you're in bronze or silver.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    <snip>
    Only the AoE stun? Not his high damage or AoE silence which burns for another high damage?
    I NEVER max Q first, i get a early point on his Q at level 1 for a easy harass / last hit on a minion i would otherwise miss. For me that is all i need until my E is maxed out, THEN i get my points into the Q.
    Yes Q is stronger, but also single target. Nothing nicer then having a power spike early with a Red augment. Ever tried to get a blind kill with Q? I haven't. Or that miss smited dragon/baron, easily done with a well placed E. (Yes, this will be a lot harder in high elo etc etc but in my league it is doable.)
    You don't need the Q to survive a jungler gank or tower dives. You can simply use your W for that. Nothing nicer then stunning a target that has aggro range under your turret.
    I never take blue or yellow augment simply because it's more of a choice when you are behind to "support" your team with your spells. Yes the stats on blue ARE nice (that is why he is getting a rework in S4, his passive just really needs it) but you WILL lack damage without red. It is that simple.
    Even without the increased range on his W, i can still land it and get a kill for myself or my teammates.

Countered by everything? Hmm, i really disagree on that. There are plenty of champs with a gap closer, that is true. And if you misstime your combo you are screwed. But what if you interrupt their combo with a W? Oops, combo gone>time to take it over and punish them.
    Melee or ranged, doesn't matter. Melee champ>Max E>Oh you wanna get those minions? Here, let me just clear the whole wave while also doing some nice damage to you.
    Ranged champ>Max E>Oh you wanna get those minions? Here, let me clear the back wave while also doing some nice damage to you.

Low mobility and no defense? Hmm. Yes the only real defense he has is his Q shield and W slow/stun but if missplaced you can be screwed. But if you are fighting in the jungle you can easily put a W in your enemy's path (or even a little ahead of you) and you can get away. Or if you have plenty of mana you can easily cast a E while running.
    So maybe he doesn't have jumps or other "real" gap closeners beside a yellow augment Q or a W slow/stun and you will have to hit your spells in order to get a kill, his spells are designed to still be able to do a lot while you just moving. It's almost like chasing Singed. /laugh and spam W and E's while they slowly die.

That is how i see it. And i for one cannot wait to see him get played a lot more if his rework will be good, but none the less i love this guy.