Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterisbest View Post
    Wow, quite a few things have changed. Alister no longer a common pick surprises me. I remember it banned all the time. Taric was never a very strong pick but had some really good synergy with a couple of ADs. Leona looks like the go to support atm.

Interesting to say the least.
    I wouldnt suggest Leona for SoloQ unless you're high gold/plat since at Silver/Bronze theres a high-chance you'll get some mouth-breathing ADC that wont/cant/doesnt want to follow up your initiates... Or does follow up but does it too slowly / goes for the wrong target or whatnot.

But if you're duo'ing shes a pretty solid pick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenfinn View Post
    I wouldnt suggest Leona for SoloQ unless you're high gold/plat since at Silver/Bronze theres a high-chance you'll get some mouth-breathing ADC that wont/cant/doesnt want to follow up your initiates... Or does follow up but does it too slowly / goes for the wrong target or whatnot.

But if you're duo'ing shes a pretty solid pick.
    I've got flamed by Leona for playing "defensive" as level 1 Quinn. Enemy pushed a little and got level 2 earlier, Leona thought that it is good idea to Zenith in at level 1 against two level 2 opponents.
    Oh, and my favorite part of Leona supports is flash-zenith into enemy under tower. It's so freaking hard to understand that if your ADC stand behind you and you FLASH forward and use CHARGE to be even more far away from your ADC, you won't be able to get any help, huh.

When pool party Graves was released, we duo qued with my wife for some games as Graves+Taric (no pool party Taric makes me sad). It's so awesome to burst enemy away at level 6, it's like over 800k damage AoE damage
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2013-09-17 at 07:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

They nerfed the range on Alistar's Headbutt (W) and he's fallen out of the meta ever since then. Zyra support works very well because she doesn't need any AP to do good damage and control in fights.

AD Carries mainly played are Ezreal, Caitlyn, Varus, Ashe, Vayne, Twitch and more recently Corki. But then again pros have played Kog'Maw and Tristana to good success and Graves is considered an excellent counter to Corki. I guess any ADC is fine :P

For Taric, they nerfed his armor aura which really reduced his effectiveness. The most popular supports right now are Thresh, Sona, Zyra, Nami, Janna and Leona. You'll also see Lulu and Blitzcrank here and there (Blitzcrank much more at low tiers/divisions).

Yeah, I guess we see a lot of different picks nowadays (which is awesome!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I've got flamed by Leona for playing "defensive" as level 1 Quinn. Enemy pushed a little and got level 2 earlier, Leona thought that it is good idea to Zenith in at level 1 against two level 2 opponents.
    Oh, and my favorite part of Leona supports is flash-zenith into enemy under tower. It's so freaking hard to understand that if your ADC stand behind you and you FLASH forward and use CHARGE to be even more far away from your ADC, you won't be able to get any help, huh.
    No more bad Leona-stories, please. They make my head hurt
    Honestly theres no point going in as Leona before lvl3 unless you hit level2 before they do and one of then is a super-squishy (Zyra/Sona).

Flash-Zenith only works with ADCs like Ezreal/Lucian/Graves that have a Dash+Flash to follow up... Though even then it's a bit of a STRETCH! (lol)

Just had a queue pop where I was the only one to actually accept queue.

- - - Updated - - -

What is it with late night and people not accepting queue? Do that many people fall asleep on their keyboard?

i hope you was in 5 ppl team, otherway it's just rude to other 4 people you've got teamed with
    yes and i actually did the best on the team

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    What are peoples opinions on malz atm. I've been playing him recently and i'm 11/2 and he just seems to smash lanes with his push past level 5. My lolking shows how well ive been going with him but i can't link it due to the post amount thing. If u wanna check out im Thegeeza on oceanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Thegeeza View Post
    What are peoples opinions on malz atm. I've been playing him recently and i'm 11/2 and he just seems to smash lanes with his push past level 5. My lolking shows how well ive been going with him but i can't link it due to the post amount thing. If u wanna check out im Thegeeza on oceanic.
    his biggest problem is his 2.5 second Self-CC. Sure, you lock down someone for over 2 seconds, but you're locked down aswell, and you can only use ignite. This give the enemy time to fuck you up, so unless you've got a team that can follow up and defend you, the ulti is almost useless. Any CC will cancel your ulti and you'll be left sad.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

Quote Originally Posted by Martinussen View Post
    his biggest problem is his 2.5 second Self-CC. Sure, you lock down someone for over 2 seconds, but you're locked down aswell, and you can only use ignite. This give the enemy time to fuck you up, so unless you've got a team that can follow up and defend you, the ulti is almost useless. Any CC will cancel your ulti and you'll be left sad.
    That's more of an issue of knowing when to use your ult. Same goes for Katarina's ult.

Quote Originally Posted by Still Rampant Rabbit View Post
    That's more of an issue of knowing when to use your ult. Same goes for Katarina's ult.
    good point.
    But i think the difference is how kata has 3 aoe spells, and she is all about jumping in the middle of a TF and then doing as much aoe as possible before getting out.
    Malz feelz a bit more "clunky" in my opinion. He can fire off 3 spells in less than 1.5 seconds, and then what. should he save ulti for later or burn it on their front trying to engage.
    Last edited by Martinussen; 2013-09-17 at 11:07 AM.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinussen View Post
    The thing i find tho is that he counters so many popular mids really hard. Ahri for example can not dive any more as while the ult is ccing himself the damage with the combo is almost more than enough to either 100 to 0 if you hit it all or enough to make her back off. Same goes for most assassin mids and when you get enough damage you can push the wave without even having to danger yourself in lane. He wrecks anyone late game as well which is what ive found useful. Even if they have a fed renekton if you have done ok in lane the % damage from your w will almost melt him.

Granted you need a half decent team to back you up but currently im in gold 1 and they seem to be starting to have a brain.

10+ Year Old Account
    You need to be really ahead to 100-0 people on Malz. 100-30, sure... 100-0, no. However, he's incredibly strong at keeping people in lane. If you go roam, Malz destroys the lane and your tower.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegeeza View Post
    The thing i find tho is that he counters so many popular mids really hard. Ahri for example can not dive any more as while the ult is ccing himself the damage with the combo is almost more than enough to either 100 to 0 if you hit it all or enough to make her back off. Same goes for most assassin mids and when you get enough damage you can push the wave without even having to danger yourself in lane. He wrecks anyone late game as well which is what ive found useful. Even if they have a fed renekton if you have done ok in lane the % damage from your w will almost melt him.

Granted you need a half decent team to back you up but currently im in gold 1 and they seem to be starting to have a brain.
    So then you simply don't try to ult him as Ahri when you're alone? Ahri on the other hand, can easily wear Malz down in lane while keeping her self up with her passive (granted she doesn't continually run close to get E'd ..) . Sure Malz can push a lane harder, his voidlings can fuck up charm and he can ulti your ulti (if you don't get QSS), but in the end Ahri is a waaaaaaay more useful lategame carry then Malz is in his current state.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    So then you simply don't try to ult him as Ahri when you're alone? Ahri on the other hand, can easily wear Malz down in lane while keeping her self up with her passive (granted she doesn't continually run close to get E'd ..) . Sure Malz can push a lane harder, his voidlings can fuck up charm and he can ulti your ulti (if you don't get QSS), but in the end Ahri is a waaaaaaay more useful lategame carry then Malz is in his current state.
    This thing doesn't work on suppression effects (WW ult and malz ult) iirc. Same as cleanse.
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Correction. Cleanse does not, QSS does. However, it only breaks the stun from the suppression.

This thing doesn't work on suppression effects (WW ult and malz ult) iirc. Same as cleanse.
    QSS removes everything(even the debuff from Karthus ult, you still take the damage, though)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    You need to be really ahead to 100-0 people on Malz. 100-30, sure... 100-0, no. However, he's incredibly strong at keeping people in lane. If you go roam, Malz destroys the lane and your tower.
    I love doing this when I play Malzahar. Applying constant pressure. Sometimes I like to bait a roam, and then I make an all out push forcing them to return, miss out on CS and XP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Correction. Cleanse does not, QSS does. However, it only breaks the stun from the suppression.
    This is what I mean, the suppression (especially in teamfights) is the biggest factor, not the damage (I don't even know if Malz his ult has a range after he started channeling it). For him to channel it, he pretty much exposes himself quite hard, and today everything and his great great grandmothers have some form of CC to instantly fuck him up. He barely has ny burst besides his Q damage too, while most common APC's do and have some sort of escape/survivability tool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    This is what I mean, the suppression (especially in teamfights) is the biggest factor, not the damage (I don't even know if Malz his ult has a range after he started channeling it). For him to channel it, he pretty much exposes himself quite hard, and today everything and his great great grandmothers have some form of CC to instantly fuck him up. He barely has ny burst besides his Q damage too, while most common APC's do and have some sort of escape/survivability tool.
    Also, Malz suffers from clunky mechanic of LoL (CC don't interrupt cast, it interrupts only channeling spells), so, when, for example, you (Malz) use ult on Rene, who already turned on his W and in melee, he (Rene) still can land AA and stun you. Same goes for Udyr (bear mini-leap), Quinn (E knockback), Draven (if he started casting his E, it will still finish animation even when suppressed and interrupt you).
    Honestly, i want riots to give Malz untargetable for 0,2 seconds after he uses ult

Is there any way to check when you last played ranked? I don't want to drop due to inactivity and I can't play for a while.