EU-Ws been terrible lately, we were finishing up some 3s and 5s ranked and in multiple games both teams complained of lag. Ping would be fine but then suddenly it would lag out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riboe View Post
    Why would that sentence make you stop reading?

To configure your firewall to block DDoS traffic, wouldn't you have to figure out some of the characteristics of the packets being sent to your computer, so you can tell your firewall to block those packets?
    That's something the average user probably aren't able to do and you'd possibly have to do it every time you get attacked. That'd make it a rather bad solution.

I'm just guessing, based on (possibly flawed) logic, so please correct me if I'm wrong.
    Well, because it reads like "there is a lot of solutions on this problem, but they are bad because i say so, so, there is by solution that is much better than everyones' else"

Yes, to configure your firewall you will need to use your brains on that problem. Old and/or bad ddos programs (i'm looking at you, sprut) can be shutted down just by filtering several ports that gets attacked.
    Last time i had problem of being ddosed was 5 years ago, because of assholes in IRC, they tried to "knock" on my telnet port blocking internet connection. I've turned it off and they couldn't figure out how to start new attack on me, fucking script kiddies.

And average user probably can do this and do some research

And fyi, nothing will give you 100% security.
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2013-10-28 at 01:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Well, because it reads like "there is a lot of solutions on this problem, but they are bad because i say so, so, there is by solution that is much better than everyones' else"
    I read it much more like "There are loads of other guides, but they're not that well written/too complicated/hard to follow/just plain bad, so here's my take on a better guide".
    He also offers a solution that I haven't many other places.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Yes, to configure your firewall you will need to use your brains on that problem. Old and/or bad ddos programs (i'm looking at you, sprut) can be shutted down just by filtering several ports that gets attacked.
    Last time i had problem of being ddosed was 5 years ago, because of assholes in IRC, they tried to "knock" on my telnet port blocking internet connection. I've turned it off and they couldn't figure out how to start new attack on me, fucking script kiddies.

And average user probably can do this and do some research

And fyi, nothing will give you 100% security.
    Let's just assume it's some decent DDoS software, then port-blocking aren't really a viable solution, is it?

Most of the people I know, wouldn't even know what to Google. No kidding. If I told them what to search for, they probably wouldn't even be able follow the guide without running into multiple problems.

Also, I'm fully aware of the fact that you can never be 100% safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

10+ Year Old Account
    well, if someone invested money (buy decent software) and time, he will succeed at ddosing you down without decent software to protect (they track botnets and filter them out). I can remember only prolexic, because we had to work with them for some time, but overall they do same thing, they filter incoming traffic.
    I can't say that manual filtering is "viable", but still, you can ban huge amount of ip ranges just ot be secure (if you don't plan to do anything but playing LoL) with exceptions being LoL ranges, you will reduce ddos traffic by huge amount
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Seems EUW just died again.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Seems EUW just died again.
    EUNE aswell, decided to play a smurf game, then it just froze in the champion select. Tried to relog and I'm now nr. 20,000 in queue.
    Nvm, got in now.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Was winning our game by a fucking landmile, and then the whole lag happens. Managed to reconnect after like 8 minutes, and thank god 3 of our team managed to stay on, while i was out. Got the lp from it, so im happy about that atleast.

Yeah, I can see why ranked is disabled on EUW. Getting "Attempting to Reconnect" every 30 seconds in an ARAM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Dont worry, EUW will be getting its own dedicated team to resolve this and all server issues... "Soon TM"

- - - Updated - - -

Any of you have advise for ranked 5's? Some of my friends and I built a team, and im wondering if its normal to have say botlane NEVER do well but mid ALWAYS does well. Is that common in 5's? And is "op champs" really that important?

If your bot is always doing bad, then it's a player issue. Even if its a hard lane, they can still do ok, if they just play it smartly. As for the fotm champs, there's a reason why they are played so much. They are good in the right hands, but there is no reason why you cant play other champs (like anivia, mf etc etc).

E: WOO zed nerfs (sorta): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_TWnDxURcs
    Last edited by Ergar; 2013-10-28 at 08:02 PM.

Deleted
    So apparently one of my friends who play on EUW linked this http://www.change.org/en-GB/petition...west-customers
    and asked everyone to sign it because EUW is crap servers blabla.

Why would anyone even make such a petition?

Even i'm tired of the problems, but demanding free RP is just dumb, it's a FREE game, they made a game you can play for FREE, why should they give you rp if there's some problems with it ?
    Last edited by mmocc06943eaac; 2013-10-28 at 09:26 PM.

Why isn't AP ezreal played... like at all? He seems really strong in teamfights... moreso than AD ezreal.

I've been going mid AP Ezreal, starting Dorans Blade, getting boots and tear then rushing Lich Bane. Finish off the Seraph's and then get sorc shoes followed by a deathcap.

It's been winning lane against everyone easily and his ult can literally do half of everyone on their team's health.

Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    Why isn't AP ezreal played... like at all? He seems really strong in teamfights... moreso than AD ezreal.

I've been going mid AP Ezreal, starting Dorans Blade, getting boots and tear then rushing Lich Bane. Finish off the Seraph's and then get sorc shoes followed by a deathcap.

It's been winning lane against everyone easily and his ult can literally do half of everyone on their team's health.
    His burst isn't as great as the common assassins' and he has no CC at all. So he literally only brings damage, like an assassin, just with less burst.

But truth be told, I've thought of picking him up again and giving him at try in mid again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

Quote Originally Posted by agnow View Post
    So apparently one of my friends who play on EUW linked this http://www.change.org/en-GB/petition...west-customers
    and asked everyone to sign it because EUW is crap servers blabla.

Why would anyone even make such a petition?

Even i'm tired of the problems, but demanding free RP is just dumb, it's a FREE game, they made a game you can play for FREE, why should they give you rp if there's some problems with it ?
    I dont like jumping into the whole "OMG RIOT WHY NO FREE RP OMG I'LL QUIT" bandwagon, i still signed the petition. I personally feel like while it is a game, that you dont have to spend a single euro to play, treating customers differently is wrong. As small as 2000rp seems, showing your customers that you treat everyone equally is a pretty big deal.

Deleted
    I would gladly sign that petition if the compensation would be for better servers and a good team fixing the server really good with constant supervision.

But we all know people prefer RP instead of good servers!

Riot always used to give RP when the server got messed up. Then they changed it to IP boost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    Because he's pretty damn crappy as AP.

He has no wave clear. He has poor burst. He has no CC. He brings nothing AD ez doesn't do better, or other AP champs don't do better

Deleted
    It's not the same people working on EUW that is working on NA obviously, so there's a difference

but maybe NA shouldn't give out RP etc. every time there is a problem, but you can't just DEMAND free RP etc. the servers have problems, everyone knows it, riot knows it, and they even said they are working on a completely new building and severs to fix it, we have also got a bunch of rp / ip boosts back in the days, but it's not a way a company should handle it..

Giving out free stuff as a "oh, sry there is server problems, now just take these rp and shut up about it" it's not a way to run a game and it just makes everyone think you should get something everytime there is a problem

Quote Originally Posted by agnow View Post
    It's not the same people working on EUW that is working on NA obviously, so there's a difference

but maybe NA shouldn't give out RP etc. every time there is a problem, but you can't just DEMAND free RP etc. the servers have problems, everyone knows it, riot knows it, and they even said they are working on a completely new building and severs to fix it, we have also got a bunch of rp / ip boosts back in the days, but it's not a way a company should handle it..

Giving out free stuff as a "oh, sry there is server problems, now just take these rp and shut up about it" it's not a way to run a game and it just makes everyone think you should get something everytime there is a problem
    I dont understand how the "it's not the same people working on euw" makes any difference. I agree with the fact that ofc Riot shouldnt be giving out free RP everytime there's a problem with the server, but the truth is that people dont like when they are treated differently for no reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Riot always used to give RP when the server got messed up. Then they changed it to IP boost.
    These lies about RP compensation need to stop. They gave it out once for server issues, issues which only affected the NA server and caused people to lose champions, skins, and runes they had purchased. The only people given RP were those who were affected, the rest got the same IP boost the EU servers got when it went live everywhere and the lag and crashing issue wasn't fixed, but no one on EUW or EUNE lost content. Oddly enough, that was around the time EUW starting having fairly bad issues with each patch.

I've only recieved RP from Riot for 3 reason. Skin price compensation, Holiday surprise, and the bonus for hitting level 3 when I make a smurf. Server issues have always been IP boosts.